[PP-F4] Wake up Call <<Feeding the Enemy>> (Asteria)

Husky suddenly noticed a glowing light just behind him, and his Health bar refilling somewhat. "Thanks for the heal, Aster." Husky nodded, looking back to Aster behind him. She's clearly shown concern in her eyes. A confident smirk grew on his face. "Heh... you don't have to worry for me." He laugh, turning back to the four wolves advancing on him. Husky made a quick dash forward. Duck under one of the wolf attack, he pushed through another, and ducked aside. For the last one, Husky attacked. His gauntlets glowed bright golden, as Husky activated his <<Delayed Sword>> Sword Art, one hit to the monster's neck, and another round house kick sent the wolf back. Its health bar blinking red. With one more hit, it should be down for good."

ID: 58469

BD: 6

MOB: 3

Husky: 38/40 HP | 6/10 EN | 5 DMG | 30 MIT | Hate: 2 
Asteria: 12/12 HP | 4/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | Hate: 0

vs

Snow Wolf 1: 1/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT | ( -((5 *Delayed Sword: 4x1) -7) = -13 DMG)
Snow Wolf 2: 14/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT |
Snow Wolf 3: 14/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT | 
Snow Wolf 4: 14/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT | 

Edited by Husky

The confidence in Husky's voice caused Aster to relax, and as the man charged headlong into the beasts, Aster gave a small smile. 'Well, it would be rude to just stand back and watch.' She thought, taking up the spear that had lay dormant in her inventory. The weight of the weapon felt uneven, and the girl frowned, immediately remembering one of several reasons she disliked battle. Taking a firm grip, she followed up on Husky's attack, focusing on what was left of the wolf after his devastating attack. She moved forward after he kicked the creature down, thrusting forward to stab the wolf with the spear's point. It shattered into pixels, and with a satisfied smirk Aster turned to face the remaining opponents. She glanced at Husky, waiting to follow his lead again as she noticed something strange. "Wait... Are you fighting without a weapon?" She asked, perplexed at how he was dealing damage to the wolves without a sword.

Combat Details:

Hide contents

Opponent:

• (4) Snow Wolf
    • HP: 28
    • DMG: 20
    • MIT: 7

Turn Order:

• Husky - Hate: 1
  • Snow Wolves
  • Aster - Hate: 0

Combat Roll:

• ID#: 58470
    • BD: 9 Critical Success
    • CD: 10
    • LD: 12 + 2 = 14
    • MD: 8

Combat Results:

• Aster:
    • HP: 16/16
    • Energy: 4/4 -> 3/4
      • Hit! Basic Attack:
        • (1 Base) + (1 Critical) = 2 Damage - 7 Mitigation = 1 DMG (Minimum)
  • Husky:
    • HP: 38/40
    • Energy: 6/10
  • Snow Wolves:
    • Snow Wolf 1 - HP: 1/28 -> 0/28 -Dead-
      • Loot: 140 col, 1 crafting material
    • Snow Wolf 2 - HP: 14/28
    • Snow Wolf 3 - HP: 14/28
    • Snow Wolf 4 - HP: 14/28
Edited by Asteria

Husky paused for a moment, letting Aster attacking the wolf. He could see that the wolves still have their attentions avert toward himself. Husky repositioned himself to the opposite side of Aster, making sure she is out of harms way. "Yes. Odd choice of weapon I know. It's just that I don't feel comfortable using other weapons." Husky replied to his companion question. The three wolves slowly circled around him, preparing to attack. The wolves all jumped in toward Husky. He managed to attack one of the wolves with the same sword art, but the other was able to critically attacked him. The thorn damage wasn't able to proc in time. 

ID: 58473

BD: 6

MOB: 9

Husky: 35/40 HP | 3/10 EN | 5 DMG | 30 MIT | Hate: 2 ( -(((20+1) -30) x3) = -3 DMG)
Asteria: 12/12 HP | 4/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | Hate: 0

vs

Snow Wolf 1: 0/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT |
Snow Wolf 2: 1/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT | ( -((5 *Delayed Sword: 4x1) -7) = -13 DMG)
Snow Wolf 3: 14/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT | 
Snow Wolf 4: 14/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT |

Edited by Husky

"I didn't think that was possible!" Aster stated with surprise as Husky's fists glowed and he traded blows with the wolves again. Not wasting any time, she followed him again and managed to land a fatal blow on the weakened wolf. The girl turned, taking in a large breath after the effort, pulling up her spear. She had hoped she would grow to like the weapon over time, but she could still only feel how uncomfortable it was in her hands. With a small huff, the girl hopped back slightly, keeping on eye on Husky's HP bar while she waited for him to make the next move.

Combat Details:

Hide contents

Opponent:

• (4) Snow Wolf
    • HP: 28
    • DMG: 20
    • MIT: 7

Turn Order:

• Husky - Hate: 0
  • Snow Wolves
  • Aster - Hate: 0

Combat Roll:

• ID#: 58491
    • BD: 10 Critical Success
    • CD: 3
    • LD: 17 + 2 = 19
    • MD: 6

Combat Results:

• Aster:
    • HP: 16/16
    • Energy: 3/4 -> 4/4 -> 3/4
      • Hit! Basic Attack:
        • (1 Base) + (2 Critical) = 3 Damage - 7 Mitigation = 1 DMG (Minimum)
  • Husky:
    • HP: 35/40
    • Energy: 3/10
  • Snow Wolves:
    • Snow Wolf 1 - HP: 0/28 -Dead-
      • Loot: 140 col, 1 crafting material
    • Snow Wolf 2 - HP: 1/28 -> 0/28 -Dead-
      • Loot: 140 col, 2 crafting materials
    • Snow Wolf 3 - HP: 14/28
    • Snow Wolf 4 - HP: 14/28
Edited by Asteria

"There's a special skill that allowed you to fight with your bare hands. It's called Martial Art skill, acquired on the second floor." Husky told Aster as she lunged herself forward and attack the wounded wolf. "Nice job, Aster." Giving his partner the compliment for her timing, Husky raised both hand and blocked the attack from the last two wolves. Each snapped their jaws with sharp fangs and teeth toward Husky biting on his arm guard and armor pieces. Once their teeth collided with the armor, the armors shone and reflected the damage back to the wolves. They immediately bursted to millions of tiny fragments. 

"Say, you handled yourself pretty well back there. I was worried about you for a little, but seeing how to handled yourself, I say you're pretty solid." Husky compliment Aster for her bravery. He have had a hunch that the girl was going to cause some troubles, but seeing how she handled herself, he completely forget about that idea.

ID: 58507

BD: Null

MOB: 7

Husky: 33/40 HP | 4/10 EN | 5 DMG | 30 MIT | Hate: 3 ( -(((20+1) -30) x2) = -2 DMG)
Aster: 12/12 HP | 4/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | Hate: 2

vs

Snow Wolf 1: 0/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT |
Snow Wolf 2: 0/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT | 
Snow Wolf 3: 0/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT | ( -14 THR DMG)
Snow Wolf 4: 0/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT | ( -14 THR DMG)

LD: 10

Looted: 2 Mat

Total Loot:

- Husky: 2 Mat

- Aster: 280 Cols, 3 Mat

Edited by Husky

As Husky and the two remaining wolves clashed, and the latter were defeated, Aster chuckled and returned her weapon to her inventory. Again with the compliments. Still, her upbringing had her remaining humble, and the girl smiled with a light sigh now that the battle was over. "If it weren't for you, Reginald and I would've been dinner for those wolves!" She shot back, glancing down at the fox that laced himself in between her ankles. Swiftly changing that topic, her intrigue began burning again. "But I'm certainly interested in this quest you mentioned. I don't think I'm the fondest of punching things," she frowned at the thought, "but it would be much more preferable to swinging around a hunk of steel." The girl gave a small chuckle with the idea of ditching the overbearing weapon she always hauled around with her.

Edited by Asteria

Husky can't deny the truth. If he weren't here, Husky doubt that Aster would likely able to survive. It's best that he stayed quiet on this one. Hearing the girl talking about thinking of taking the quest and her weapon preferences, Husky nodded. "To me, its just feel awkward to have to carried a huge weapon around with you all day long. Things are more convenient if o can both interact with things while still able to attack impending threats. Maybe I can even help you acquire the weapon skill itself. Punching a rock all day is going to be a rough task." He shared his opinion on Martial Arts, while continued walking back to town. 

While they are walking, Husky noticed something moving in a distance. He couldn't quite make it out what it was, but the thing certainly is small. And the thing was... Being attacked by another player, indicated by the green icon on top of their head. "Hey, look. We've finally made it back to near town." Husky cheered, beckoning Aster, suggested to head toward the player to confirm that it's near the town.

Aster followed as Husky began back in the same direction towards town. Reginald promptly scurried off to the front to finish guiding them, and as they kept walking Aster tilted get head in confusion at his statement. "Punching a rock?" She shook her head lightly, determining she would figure out the details of this quest once she got down to the second floor. "Still, if this is something you have experience with, I'd be a fool to turn down that offer." She continued with a smile, gladly accepting his assistance.

It didn't take much longer for them to reach the town's edge, the massive gate now visibile in the distance. "Finally," Aster mumbled, increasing her pace to keep up with the man as he seemed to be heading towards another player.

Husky, with his partner close behind, approached the player. That was when he saw the little wolf from before, being attacked by the player. Seeing the little wolf cub being attacked really does boiled his blood. "HEY!" Husky shouted out loud, grabbed the man by the wrist before he could deal anymore damage to the wolf cub. While the thing was cowering in the corner, the player turned around and scowled Husky.

"What's the big idea?! Can't you see that I'm trying to grind some EXP here?" The man shouted at Husky angrily. He pulled his hand off from Husky's grip and pushed him back.

"By killing a defenseless little wolf? I don't think that's a valid reason." Husky said with a firm voice. His eyes narrowed, and his fist gripped tightly. The player only huffed at the brunette, and left. Husky let out a small sigh, looking at the player leaving the area.

'Ehh?' Aster's eyes narrowed in confusion as the scene came into view before her. As she recognized the little wolf, hurt and helpless, a hand instinctively raised to her mouth. "Oh no..." She whispered, and before the words fully left her the man in front of her took action, shouting and confronting the other player. Aster's gaze shifted between the stranger and the little monster, her mind sadly sympathizing with both parties. Her brain understood that fighting anything and everything was the only way to survive in this world, but still... This game's creator was too cruel.

As the other player gave up from Husky's confrontation, Aster found herself walking over to the wolf and crouching down, hoping it wouldn't react badly to her. She held her own hands, squeezing slightly as she wasn't sure what they could do. She wasn't sure if a monster would regenerate health the same way players did. "I'm sorry I can't heal you, little one..." She said with a gentle voice, nervously watching the health bar that appeared over its head.

Husky went over to Aster, getting down on his knee as he checked the little wolf cub. It cowered between the snow and the two players, shaking in fear. Husky could see it's Health bar blinking red. Unequipped his gauntlet, Husky extended his hand forward. "There, now. Don't worry, I won't hurt you." Husky spoke in a gentle voice. He doesn't wanted to startled the already very frightened wolf. The little wolf cub, threatened by Husky, snapped at him and bit his hand. Once again, it deal next to no damage, but this time, Husky let his hand relaxed, letting the wolf cub know what he won't hurt it.

For a while, Husky let the wolf mauled on his hand. Then, he felt the jaws of the wolf relaxed. The little wolf let go of his hand, and slowly moved forward. Husky placed his hand onto the wolf cub, and gently pet it. His hand rubbed the wolf along his head, stroking along the wolf's body. His fur is soft, just like the last time. "That wasn't so bad now, was it..." Husky chuckled, pushing the dog to his side and rubbing his stomach. The way the little feet of the little wolf twitching make it ever so cuter than before. "So... are you my friend now?" Husky let his hand go of the little wolf, as it slowly rolled over and get up on its feet, shaking away the snow on its fur. The little wolf made it way toward Husky, nudging the brunette's warm hand, accepting him as his master. "That went better than last time." He told himself, smiling at the result.

Taming Attempt

ID: 58727

LD: 19 {SUCCESS!}

Edited by Husky

Aster watched silently as Husky tried to soothe the pup. She held her breath for a moment as he outstretched his hand, and her shoulders slumped as the little guy lashed out. Husky remained calm, letting the wolf gnaw and bite at him all he wanted. Aster simply tilted her head as the wolf seemed to calm down, his demeanor changing slowly until he was no longer acting aggressive.

"Wow..." Aster breathed, watching in awe as the wolf pup befriended the man. A smile broke out across her face, "He really did like you!" She exclaimed, unable to contain a laugh as the feeling of relief washed over her. Standing up and crossing her arms in front of her, Reginald weaved in between her ankles, curiously eyeing Husky's new companion. He nudged against her leg impatiently, reminding her that they still hadn't reached their destination. "Well, we should get back to town. We can fully rest once we're in the safe zone." She said, wasting no time. The girl waved their little party onward as they made their last stretch towards the city.

Thread Complete!

Spoiler
  • Aster:
    • 1 SP
    • 340 Col
    • 3 Crafting Materials

• Husky: