[SP-F7] (Grandmaster, One-handed Spear) [Complete]

The wind roared around Hydra as he sat idly on top of the mountain ranges that made up floor seven. Whips of lightning crackled in the sky around him as he stared at the illusion of endless peaks. Rain ran over his whole body, water droplets could be seen hanging in his hair and clouding up his dark blue eyes. The brunette was sat on top of a flat rock, cross legged and with a rather solemn expression on his face. An object seemed to be lay on his lap, a blue point and a black shaft would give evidence that it was his spear. He seemed to be staring at it...

The lightning continued to crackle in the gray sky. "Nrgngh." Hydra's lips scrunched up into a sour expression as he bit his bottom lip and his eyes suddenly grew much more lively. Eventually the grumbles became louder until he exploded throwing his arms up in the air. "Why won't it work!" He shouted breaking the peace of his meditation. The brunette had been up on these peaks for three whole days, he was attempting to learn the final arts of his spear but was currently having no success... His shouting clearly wasn't helping. Hydra let out a few more grumbling noises before finishing off with a long drawn out sigh. "What am I doing wrong?" He said with a look of desperation and glancing upwards.      

Edited by Hydra

After thinking about it for a short while Hydra decided that just meditating would not do the trick. He looked at his spear again deciding on the best course of action. "I guess I could think back to all the adventures you have given me..." He finally managed to bring out. The spearman was confused himself as to how that would work, but maybe in doing so he would create a stronger bond with the one handed device that lay on his lap. "Alright..." The brunette stood up, the water that had collected in his hair all ran down at once refreshing him to an extent. Grabbing his spear in his left hand. "Okay let's reenact the fields of floor 1 first!"...

Memory  -

Boar 28/28 HP | 21 DMG | 7 MIT

Edited by Hydra

Hydra shut his eyes blocking out the storm and his surroundings. Suddenly he was there on the first floor, with all his old friends. They seemed to be dozing off on the first floor whilst Hydra had noticed a boar approaching. The fields were a deep emerald green with the sun glistening of the grass slightly. "Is this real...?" He said pinching himself. "No its not, your in your imagination right now." He turned to find one of his friends telling him. "Oh yeah, that's right I was training by remembering..." Turning back towards the boar which was now charging towards him, Hydra raised his spear and with one quick strike it was over, the spear pierced the creature's heart, it let out a squeal and shattered into crystals. "Time to move on now..." His friend said, and with that Hydra found himself back on the seventh floor.

ID# 58379 results:

Battle: 7 (hit)

SA: Soul Pierce (7x5 = 35-7 = 28 DMG to boar)

Loot: 16 (+1 mats)

MOB: 2 (fail)

Memory  -

Boar 0/28 HP | 21 DMG | 7 MIT

Hydra HP: 80/80 | Energy: 15/20 | DMG 7 | 18 MIT | 9 RGN | 8 Bleed | 3 EVA 

Edited by Hydra

"That was short..." Hydra said in confusement looking at his weapon. The move soul pierce was one of his favourites, whilst it lacked in power compared to his higher level sword arts, the brunette remembered the feeling of awe upon striking down a foe in single combat. "I guess I should review the next memory..." With that the spearman closed his eyes again and entered the next zone. Once again the sound of the storm was muffled, this time the spear user found himself face to face with the gemini. "Ah I remember this battle more than any other." He watched from some sort of reflection as the two copies clashed.

The spear Hydra had at that time was 'lightning strike', his first proper enchanted weapon gifted to him by Mack the blacksmith. He recalled the weapon well, after all it had aided him in defeating all his foes including this powerful Gemini. The player in the reflection bought 'Lightning Strike' forth and sent it straight through the chest of the MOB. "Was that really me?" The brunette thought as the Gemini flew backwards onto its throne. His own power shocked him a little, all he could do was stand and look at this memory, yet he could feel the passion burning away inside him once more. 

Edited by Hydra

That was one of the last times Hydra had used that spear. Shortly afterwards on the first floor he could afford the perfectly made one that he had currently equipped. Slowly the memory of the gemini seemed to distort and Hydra soon found himself on the mountain range again. "I've used you since..." He mumbled at the blue bladed spear that he seemed to be holding in his left hand. Hydra had named it 'The Water Serpent's spear' to resemble the mythological Hydra that was far more powerful than he was. A long three headed version of the creature could be seen coiling around the shaft of the weapon. "Maybe I take the whole Hydra thing a little too far..." He said chuckling to himself. Twilight who was a two headed dragon snake cried out in his pocket probably agreeing with him.

Just as Hydra was about to enter his third memory a cry sounded out form above the clouds. A creature with golden scales appeared, Hydra instantly knew it was a dragon. It flew over his head for a while before plummeting through the sky to a near-by goat. The spearman understood dragons were highly intelligent creatures so he doubted it would show any hostility towards him. True enough the flying lizard clasped its jaws around the mountain goat and flew off into the distance. 

Edited by Hydra

As Hydra closed his eyes to return to his memories his thoughts were now cast back to one of the first time he used his Serpent Spear. One of which was against that grotesque sand shark that had killed quite a few players. The brunette winced slightly as he recalled all the blood but remembered his weapon had protected him on that fateful day. He had driven his spear right into the creature's skull three times. He also recalled how it shrieked in pain before finally collapsing. It hadn't even managed to touch Hydra thanks to his weapon. "I really owe a lot to you. Perhaps I should name you." He mumbled exiting the memory.

The spearman stroked his chin as he pondered what he should call the device that protected him. "How about!... no that's no good." He said letting out another one of his sighs. *SLOBBER SLOBBER* "Huh?" Hydra noticed a huge amount of sticky liquid pouring against the rock next to him. Twisting his head back instinctively his eyes met the one single eye of a huge giant, a cyclops to be more precise. "Well then I guess its time for some more bonding" he articulated to his weapon as though it were a person before springing to his feet and turning to face the creature. 

Cyclops 100/100 HP | 27 DMG | 25 MIT

Hydra 80/80 HP | 20/20 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 9 RGN | 3 EVA | 8 Bleed

Hydra carelessly lunged forward thinking it would be so easy to kill this beast. His spear bounced off its iron like skin leaving him open to attack. "I know I can do better than that! Especially with my spear, I need to think straight." He said gripping his hand harder around the handle. The player sidestepped as the cyclops bought down its mighty club shattering the rock itself. Tumbling backwards the brunette managed to gain a grip of himself. "We have fought worse enemies" than this he mumbled.

ID# 58394 results:

Battle: 1 (fail)

MOB: 2 (fail)

Cyclops 100/100 HP | 27 DMG | 25 MIT

Hydra 80/80 HP | 18/20 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 9 RGN | 3 EVA | 8 Bleed

Edited by Hydra

The cyclops charged forward as Hydra scrambled upwards. The sound of its feet crashing into the floor boomed even louder than the lightning that surrounded the duo. This time Hydra took deep breaths and examined his spear, "We need to find a spot where I can cause it to bleed..." He pondered. In the short space of time he had, the brunette finally decided to go for the back of its knee as this was the best spot he could reach, due to the cyclops size. Running behind the creature before it could react he dug his spear deep into it's flesh. It let out a howl of pain and toppled backwards, "Alright nice job." The brunette laughed twirling his spear. Forgetting about the cyclops's weight, a huge shock wave caught him off guard as its enormous body crashed to the ground sending Hydra flying through the air, spiraling into a nearby rock with a thud.

ID# 58395 results:

Battle: 9 (+1 dmg, bleed +8 dmg two turns)

SA: Dragonfly cutter (8x8 = 64-25 = 39 DMG

Craft: 9 (+9 health)

MOB: 9 (+1)

Cyclops 61/100 HP | 27 DMG | 25 MIT (-39 hp)

Hydra 79/80 HP | 11/20 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 9 RGN | 3 EVA | 8 Bleed (-10 hp + 9 hp)

Edited by Hydra

A green glow surrounded Hydra stitching up the damage. The cyclops lay on the floor incapable of doing anything as blood rushed out the wounds he had caused. Taking advantage of the situation Hydra dusted himself off and then once again raised his spear and planted four strikes in the creature's back because he could clamber on top of it. The spear ripped through the flesh easily, Hydra knew his skill might be unmatched with this particular device, "Hmm a good name for you would be...". He was interrupted as the large oaf rolled over onto its back causing him to fall off. "I almost had it as well, in any case lets claim the next beast that puts others in dangers." Hydra raised his weapon far above his head and prepared for the finishing blow.

ID# 58397 results:

Battle: 9 (+1 dmg, bleed +8 dmg two turns)

SA: Dragonfly cutter (8x8 = 64-25 = 39 +8 bleed = 47 DMG)

MOB: 1 (crit fail)

Cyclops 14/100 HP | 27 DMG | 25 MIT (-47hp)

Hydra 79/80 HP | 4/20 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 9 RGN | 3 EVA | 8 Bleed

Edited by Hydra

Hydra sent down his spear with a single swing. In the creatures torso. It wasn't quite enough to finish it off but Hydra knew his spear more than anyone and the wounds it had created earlier would have done there job by now. Sure enough he was right. The cyclops let out one last screech nearly causing the brunette's ears to burst but fortunately it shattered into millions of crystal shards before that could happen. "What a fight" He lowered his spear and began gasping completely out of energy and breath.

ID# 58398 results:

Battle: 6 (hit)

SA: Soul Pierce (7x5 = 35 - 25 = 10+8 bleed = 18 DMG)

Craft: 7 (+9 hp)

Loot: 12 (+1 mats, 500 col)

MOB: 10 (+2 damage)

Cyclops -4/100 HP | 27 DMG | 25 MIT (-18 hp) [DEAD]

Hydra 77/80 HP | 0/20 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 9 RGN | 3 EVA | 8 Bleed (11hp + 9hp)

Edited by Hydra

Hydra rolled onto his back and let the rain continue to soak him. Thanks to his survival skill he could enjoy the thrill of this without worrying about being struck by lightning at a moments notice. Twilight who had been snuggled up tightly in his pocket let out a groaning sound as she slithered up his chest. "Did that fight wake you up..." He said peering into his dragon snake's eyes. It merely hissed at him and flicked its long tongue as though it were tasting something. "Its thanks to this spear, without it we would both be dead." The brunette wasn't overly attached to the weapon in his left hand, yet this was SAO and he certainly had a respect for it, after all it was one of the key elements to the game. "I wonder what the limit to its true potential is though..."

After taking his short break in the rain Hydra tried to think back to more memories of the sword art he used. The current method seemed to be working to an extent, he felt his connection growing stronger yet it wasn't strong enough. "Ah that's right only last month I was on the second floor fighting that swarm of wasps..." The brunette's eyes closed shut, and his mind drifted off into a deep slumber.

"This is not the second floor?" Hydra found himself stood in a dark room, The sound of hissing surrounded him. "Twilight is that you?..." Getting no response he stood in the same position. Oddly the spearman did not feel fear but a calmness hung over him at the sound of the hissing. "It isss not as ssimple as that..." Hydra was a little startled by the sound of a voice, it was not exactly a normal one either. The brunette looked around, he could only hear movement and the sound of whatever it was. "Then what are you?" He finally managed to spurt out in utter confusement.

Edited by Hydra

"I am your dream" The shadow seemed to drag out what it was saying. "That's right this is a dream..." Hydra suddenly remembered. "Can you show yourself?" There was a brief pause and then a huge snake emerged and began slithering towards him. The spearman studied it, the snake was covered completely in sapphire colored scales, the only other color was in its eyes and tongue which were both a pitch black. Strangely Hydra seemed to remain calm, was this his inner self? "No it can't be, I already saw that at the waterfall of the sage..." Hydra just stood there working his mind for an answer. "Ssseee, I am the epitome of your sssoul." the snake gave him an answer before he could think of it...

"A snake, that's Interesting." He chuckled to himself as the creature towered before him. "So ugh..." he scratched his head unsure of how to react to such a scenario. It mentioned about representing his soul, whatever Hydra seemed to be thinking of it already had an answer for it. "You have almossst reached your limit, thiss  encounter hass only happened becaussse of your ssskill." The brunette paused to think about what it was saying, "I get my weapon is useful for protecting me. But I can't see how its responsible for, well, for this." The snake coiled up in front of him, glaring with its definitive onyx eyes, "You may not realize it, but your ssspear repressentss more to you than jussst a tool for protection, it iss your hope, your courage, your fear, your desspair, your light and your darknesss. It is esssentially you and without it you would not be experiencing thisss dream..." 

Images suddenly flashed around him, pictures of his memories. Waves of feelings coursed through his body and then he realized, what the snake was saying was not that the weapon itself was what made Hydra himself, but the weapons purpose was what he had relied on this whole time to move forward. It was his protection, his life. "I think I understand now..." He had seemed to come to a complex realization. "Good now wake up and finisssh this journey, ssooo you can ssstart the next one..."

A blinding light surrounded him and then everything went silent. Hydra's eyes slowly filtered in light. The storm seemed to have calmed, but more importantly was the matter of that dream he had just experienced. The spearman noticed his hands were shaking violently. "Huh..." Slowly he twisted his head around and stood up. The panoramic view of the seventh floor was lay out before him. All he did was stare at it for a while. Twilight was coiled up around his neck. Finally he turned to pick up his spear. "This is what I am..." He said holding it in his left hand as though it were a delicate item. A small smile spread across his face. "I think there is time for one more memory however..." Once again the spearman relaxed his body although this time he remained stood up and awake.

The memory unfolded in his mind, the hardest battle he had fought? No that was not what appeared before him, instead he was at the lake near to the town of beginning's. It was a peaceful spot but on that day he had been daydreaming. Just relaxing in the cool temperatures. The brunette understood that it was memories like this which had contributed to his self development and skill, not so much the actual combat. "Hmm, I can't let this end without a large fight." He mumbled to himself whilst the memory still unfolded. Suddenly with a large roar three serpent heads appeared from the lake in the memory, of course this hadn't happened but Hydra knew it would be needed to finish his mastery.

Memory

Serpent Head 50/50 HP | 13 MIT | 23 DMG

Hydra 80/80 HP | 20/20 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 9 RGN | 3 EVA | 8 Bleed 

Edited by Hydra

The heads lashed out at Hydra in the memory, each one twisting and turning trying to get a bite in on the spearman. He could read there movements however. Retreating backwards slightly the Hydra in the memory activated his most powerful AOE slashing each head independently with a flurry of blows. The heads crashed against each other, probably swaying from the pain before turning back towards him to try again. Hydra raised his spear and wiping his brow charged in again.

ID# 58400 results:

Battle: 6 (hit)

SA: Tribal Fury AOE (7x6 = 42 - 15 = 27 DMG)

MOB: 3 (miss)

Memory

Serpent Head 21/50 HP | 13 MIT | 23 DMG (-29 hp)

Serpent Head 21/50 HP | 13 MIT | 23 DMG (-29 hp)

Serpent Head 21/50 HP | 13 MIT | 23 DMG (-29 hp)

Hydra 80/80 HP | 8/20 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 9 RGN | 3 EVA | 8 Bleed 

Edited by Hydra

The same thing happened, Hydra easily dodged the snakes mouths as they tried to close around him. Once again he lashed out but this time he aimed for only one piercing it. "I should try to conserve my energy" He said panting for breath. The brunette kept a watchful eye on the two snakes remaining, killing the other head had only seemed to aggravate them more. Readying his trusty weapon once more the spearman felt the excitement of battle flow through him and prepared his next attack.

ID# 58403 results:

Battle: 5+1 (concentration activated)

SA: Soul Pierce (7x5 = 35-13 = 22 DMG)

MOB: 4 (miss)

Memory

Serpent Head 0/50 HP | 13 MIT | 23 DMG (-22 hp)

Serpent Head 21/50 HP | 13 MIT | 23 DMG

Serpent Head 21/50 HP | 13 MIT | 23 DMG

Hydra 80/80 HP | 4/20 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 9 RGN | 3 EVA | 8 Bleed 

Edited by Hydra