[OP-F2] The Dungeon of Elements

She walks outside, and starts to run around the grass finding stones, and playing hopscotch you know, NORMAL things. When she found... An small, golden necklace that had a blue gem in it. "Probably Haine's necklace, Eh?" She says to herself as she hides it in her inventory then sits, and enjoys the sky... she had a strange feeling someone was... watching her!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was another beautiful day on the second floor. Miaki was laying on his back resting his eyes for a nice nap. The air quality here seemed to be nicer on this floor compared to the first. He woke up slowly and heard someone close by playing. He got up, fixing his light brown jacket which he had opened to let the wind blow it around. Underneath he wore an olive green tunic. He cleaned his glasses and walked toward the sound of someone having fun. A minute later he saw a young girl playing around. She was hoping from stone to stone in the most playful way possible he thought. 'What was that game?' He thought. 'Oh yeah! Hopscotch.' It was nice to see someone acting normal around here. She suddenly turned in his direction. 'Whoa, does she have a spider-sense or something?' Thinking back to a superhero his dad liked. He continued walking forward and waved to her. "Hi there. My name is Miaki."

"Oh Hi, My name is Eryn!" She smiled to the man who waved now called Miaki. "So, you enjoying the air while it lasts, too eh?" She smiled as she skipped over to where the man was standing, and sat near him. Looking off into the distance as if there was something she was day-dreaming about.

Miaki opened up his menu and equipped his light brown fedora. He sat down next to Eryn, placing the hat on his head and looked out at the landscape around them. "Yep, I enjoy this floor a bit more compared to the first. It's more peaceful here. Not as many people. How about you? You like it here too?" He turned his head smiling at Eryn.

"It's quite settle. Yet i'm sure goof heads (OOC: HAINE) would burn it down as if it's nothing. I like it here... its very romantic, and it looks really cool too!" She says as she turns her head as Miaki does, and she sees the cute hat on his head as she pulls it over his eyes and laughs.

"Ha ha u gotta hat face." She laughs, then stares out into the obis again as if tiring to contact something...

Miaki laughed as his hat blocked his vision. "Oh I think I know the type." Thinking back to some of the people he had met recently. Waved around acting like he couldn't see for a moment before fixing his hat. When he fixed it, Miaki looked at Eryn's cute face as she looked out into he distance. Waiting for someone or daydreaming he couldn't tell. "What do you like to do around here Eryn?"

"Well, I like to play hopscotch, and you know try not to get attacked with boars. I don't know where all my friends went. But some of them are freaks. and today I feel like you know getting chill and don't worry, you know that feeling?" She says as she sighs and looks out at the clouds and stars (Soon) into the sky...

Miaki smiled as the sun got closer setting, casting an orange light over the landscape. "I can understand that all too well. I enjoy having some time to just relax. I can't think of very many other ways to enjoy these moments. Any other day I would've been exploring or checking some dungeon." He fell onto his back to watch the clouds shift around in the sky.

"Well, I can't do any of that stuff... I have some kind of 'curse' yet I've always wanted to get rid of it. I don't know how to. Now I just... cant fight... I maybe able to scare enemies but all I can really do is chat and have fun." She says as she sighs and joins him on her back, watching the stars come out of the setting night sky.

He looked at the cute young girl with a look that was a mixture of mystery, wonder, and curiosity when she mentioned a curse. It was the first he heard of anything like a curse in SAO, although such things did existent other RPG games that he had played in he past this was certainly a first. "I've never heard of such a thing before in SAO. Still I commend you. Anyone I've seen up to this point would refuse to leave the safety of the <>. It's not healthy. They rob themselves of such life." He glanced over at her. "I like that."

She thinks how he would like that of anyone, especially her....

"Well I'm not THAT one of a kind." She blushes...

"And I'm sure there are many more people like that, ESPECIALLY HAINE..." She says and sighs.

"Anyway I'm sure anyone could really live out here if they wanted... It's just something FUN to do "

She smiles at him.

She swings her feet off the hill and smiles as the birds chirp and the sun goes down

The wind had been blowing out of no where.

To her it was the perfect time to see fireflies

yet she wasn't sure if they existed here...

She kicked her feet more and then lay on her back again, to join Maini and

enjoy the wonders

of stars...

Miaki thought more about the curse that Eryn mentioned and almost talked more about it but decided not to pry further. The mystery of this young, playful girl would remain just that for now. A mystery.

"Anyway I'm sure anyone could really live out here if they wanted... It's just something FUN to do "

"I couldn't agree more." He said with a smile. "But sadly most people don't think like that." The sun had finally set and the land was covered in darkness. A very feint light glow off in the distance where a town likely stood. One nice thing about SAO was that the stars lit so brightly in the sky only when you were close to one of the cities did they appear dim. Miaki was in awe of the massive constellations and the swirling lights overhead. A gentle breeze caused the rim of his hat and bits of his jacket to flutter. As if to top off the summer themed night, fireflies start to appear in the valley in front of them.

"Want to find somewhere to stay for the night?"

She asked Miaki as she turned her head to face him.

As I sit I feel like getting up...

I see fireflies and immediately get up and chase them.

I start t name them after random things.

"This one is Ron, and this is Edyth, Also this one is Flower!"

She tells Miaki as she pointed to them all.

She then sat back down near him.

She could tell that Miaki was tiring to decide something.

So she kept her mouth shut.

Eryn asked Miaki if they wanted to find somewhere to stay for the night. He hadn't given it much thought. Was it already getting late? He checked his clock in the corner of his vision and noticed they had spent several hours watching the day shift to night. Miaki thought he had a tent in his inventory as well as some sleeping bags. Suddenly Eryn jumped up and ran out to chase some of the fireflies. Miaki got up and followed her. She started to name them off to him smiling all the way. Miaki flicked his wrist in front of him, opening up his menu and brought the inventory, noticing that he did have camping supplies but that wasnt what he was looking for at the moment. 'I know I held on to you for some reason. Where are you?' He asked himself shifting through some of his items. He then found what he was looking for and pulled out two <> that previously held jelly. He popped some holes into them and bent down offering one to Eryn. "You wanna catch some of your friends and keep them with you for a while?" He didn't know how long fireflies would last in SAO but he assumed it was far longer than their real life counter parts.

"Oh, yes please!" She smiled as she grabbed one of the jars slowly.

then was quickly assured that she could catch some of her friends.

"Thank you Miaki!" She smiled as she held a jar and unscrewed onto of the lids as she held it out among her new friends. They gathered around the three

. as she started to put them into jars.

She fished through her inventory for some flowers someone from a different floor gave her earlier as she put them in the jar, a small girl-like firefly want into the jar.

She closed the lid tightly and put the jar into her inventory, as she realized there was another jar, she got another flower and this time some other plant she didn't know much about.

Yet the firefly seemed to love it and went in right away.

As the two fireflies who had been named Jerry, and Emma had been captured with some of there favorite pollinated plants. and also some kind of glowworms she had picked up before (they are Fireflies favorite food of course!)

As she put the two firefly's in her inventory she looked around.

"Wow, wasn't that cool Miaki?" She asked the man from earlier.

"Yeah it sure is Eryn. I like your new friends." Pointing to her and the fireflies fluttering around her. "Do you want to stay out here tonight with them? I have a tent for use to use. We could have a campfire and look at the stars and play with your friends." He glanced up again at the glowing stars and swirling galaxies. The summer theme night on this floor seemed all too perfect.

"Oh yes, please do!" She begged him.

"I could collect sticks for a campfire!"

She picked up a twig and layed it as the first stick on the campfire.

"Oh please Miaki dude, this will be fun!" She grinned at him.

"Yet I feel like the fireflies should be safe... in my inventory incase we drop the jars!"

She said quietly as I put them in my inventory then closed my menus again.

He couldn't stop smiling around little Eryn. So sweet and innocent in nature. He was glad to see that this game didn't seem to ruin her spirit. "Alright Eryn. You will be our official stick collector." He put down two large logs in a small fire pit he was making. "Your job will be to get all the sticks you can for this fire. I will set up our tent and finish setting up our camp." He playfully saluted her. "We are all counting on you. Good luck!"

"Okay!" She said as she went on the edge of a mystical forest of mystery. She entered it and picked up what seemed to be a million sticks yet there was creepy noises and she ran dropping sticks as a trail to she had been... she ran toward camp and put the sticks in the small pile. "Do we need another round of sticks?" She asked happily.

While Eryn was gone, Miaki took out a third glass jar. It was the last one in his inventory but he couldn't think of a better use than what he was already doing. He caught about a dozen fireflies or so and hid the jar again in his inventory. Making up for lost time Miaki rushed about setting up a small green tent and finished building a nice fire ring. He was no craftsman and didnt have any kind of chair or bench for sitting so he equipped a hatchet and cut a tree adding a few logs to his pack. The largest of them he placed close to the fire pit for leaning against or sitting on. The rest of the logs he sat close by to add later. It was about this time when Eryn came running back with an arm full of sticks and twigs.

"Do we need another round of sticks?"

Miaki glanced behind her and saw the trail of sticks she dropped when she was running back. "You know what? ..... I think this is enough." He said with a small laugh.