[OP-F2] The Dungeon of Elements

"Okay Miaki!" She smiled as she sat around on the logs, in the small camp they had set up

"Well its almost complete, the fire is all we need now!"

She smiled at the sticks she had picked up... and sat them down, finally in the pile.

"This was fun...!"

She smiled at the small camp that was at first, some grass on a hill side.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Eryn sat on the log next to the fire pit, Miaki opened up his inventory and found a box of matches. He selected the item and the small box materialized in his hand. He bent down and started striking one of the matches against the side of the box. On his fourth strike the match ignited and he put the match to some of the kindling. Moments later they had a nice blazing fire. Miaki sat down beside Eryn.

"There we go. A nice warm fire."

Miaki accepted the stick with marshmallows and smiled. "Thank you." He held the stick over the fire and watched the flames lick at the marshmallows slowly heating them. "Man, I can't remember the last time I went camping and had marshmallows. I've used this tent and made a camp a few times in here but I can't remember when I last had these." He said, rotating the stick.

"Yeah, Its pretty cool, the flames Yet I've never really gone camping myself, I've seen many people do it before." She smiled while carefully putting the marshmallows on the stick slipping them on as if they were clothes.

She roasts the stick into the fire as it makes the marshmallows browned, and browner as if it were about to get black or burnt she takes out the stick from the crackling fire. and eats one or two. as she yawns... a bit.

Miaki started to eat the last of his marshmallows. He saw Eryn beginning to yawn. Miaki didn't even bother glancing at the time. He knew that it was well past a normal person's bed time. Especially one as young as Eryn. "Getting tired?" Wanna climb on into the tent and sleep?" He said and pointed with his thumb at the tent behind them.

Miaki pulled out the jar he filled with fireflies and tied it to one of the top rails over their heads. "There we go." He looked down at Eryn who was already asleep. He opened up his interface, changed into grey sweats and a t-shirt. After that he wrapped the young girl in the wool blanket and laid down beside her with his own sleeping bag which he left partly open. He fell asleep before he knew it.

She felt safer and warmer underneath the blanket, yet she kept sleeping, she began to notice Miaki had started to sleep as well. With a small firefly night light above the two she felt safer than she had ever been. She kept sleeping...

Before she knew it the sun began to rise. She kept sleeping before it was too late she woke up and rubbed her eyes. It was already complete morning by the time she saw the sun. "Gosh..." She said in a whisper voice as she headed outside the tent into the daylight.

Miaki brought the mug back to his lips and took another sip of his coffee. The aroma of the large amount of cream and sugar inside was enough to fill his senses with joy. Looking at Eryn he thought about how difficult it must be for someone like her in this game. Especially one who can't fight or defend herself. All of the sights she has missed not being able to go travel through mob filled areas. "hmmmmmmm.... Is there anywhere you have wanted to go but couldn't? I'll take you there and keep you safe. What would you like to do?"

Miaki kept looking at Eryn as she looked away at the field of grass where this all started yesterday. He stood up and walked around opening up the floor map. "Hmmmmmmm, there is one place I know a little about that I think you'll like. It's called the 'Dungeon of Elements'. It's not really dangerous. From what I heard there are thousands of gems and crystals to see. What do you think of that?" He highlighted the point on his map and showed it to her.

Miaki cleaned up camp which was a simple task that took less than a minute. Wouldn't be able to clean up so quickly in the real world. He switched back to his being clad brown. Adjusting his fedora he looked down at Eryn. "Then let us be off!" Miaki lead Eryn in toward the location marked <> on their maps.

Upon approaching the dungeon's entrance, Miaki kept himself more alert just in case a battle were to happen. He knew that Eryn couldn't fight and so she was his responsibility. She reminded him of when he had to watch over his little sister when visiting a store with their mother. Miaki, or rather Michael at that time, would pretend he was his little sisters bodyguard and would wear sunglasses like he were a secret agent and she was a VIP official's daughter or something.

"What is that?" Eryn asked pointing at a small body.

Miaki approached it cautiously at first then realized that anything dead would disappear seconds after expiring. Miaki poked what turned out to be a chubby miner NPC and found that it was sleeping.

"It's only an NPC... Not what I was expecting from an NPC either." He made his weapon more accessible by strapping it to his side compared to his back. Keeping one hand on the handle they kept walking. The tunnel was fairly lit thanks to some lanterns and a few luminous plants. No gems yet. But he didn't expect to see anything like that until they got further in.