[PP-F5] Blood in the Sand (Nekodemus)

Avilon lied there her shield pitched with a cloak to act as her new shelter as she stayed here in the forsaken hot spot that was this desert floor which she had the luxury of meeting on numerous occasions. Her avatar appearing as a pitiful as she had ever been even when she took on 'The Traveler' mission which was equally miserable for the poor girl. This next mission frankly wasn't one she had faith in herself of completing as she now glanced down to eye the dangerous mob and the treacherous terrain that she had proven time and time again that she was always mistaken of. Last time in the desert she thought she had been lost for forty days and forty nights. Symbolic really although she couldn't remember what scripture it was that her idea came from or if it was completely unique. "Ugh, why are all the useful missions in this god forsaken desert," she cried now laying down huddled up like a child in the fetal position beneath the shield that shaded her.

Having been scouting the deserts of Floor 5 for any potential places to gather materials or jobs, Nikodemus had spent enough time here that he had begun to hate sand more and more. He missed the cool winter wonderland of his home, and was always thinking about it. It was much colder than floor 4, and was always a blue and grey color due to the amount of frost and fog. With a grumble, Nikodemus sighed and then noticed a makeshift lean-to nearby. Making his way over to it, he came upon a familiar person. Towering over @Avilon Nikodemus seemed like a giant in black and rust colored armor. Unclipping his helmet uncharacteristically, Nikodemus took it off and let his brunette hair and beard free of the ornate metal. With a smile, he let his icy blue eyes glance around and then down the dune to where an enemy mob was laying in wait. "Hello Mamzel Avilon. How are you doing on this sweltering day? And what brings you here to floor 5? <<Dune Scorpion>> hunting?" 

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

"Neko-chan?" She blinked wondering if she had grown delirious as she was quite tired of sand and barren desert glanced up toward him. Her eyes drooping sleepily as she now saw the neko-chan in the flesh approaching her, "Neko-chan!" She squealed now leaping up to her feet the sand causing her to slip a bit till she jumped up and pinned his face into her chest happily clinging to him. "Neki neka neko-chan! It's been so long since I last saw you what was it a few months ago?" Exaggerating as it had maybe been a week since the raid meeting now as she was attempting to smother him with joy. "I'm so miserable I can't even describe it!" Her voice extremely perky as she now had the tall man pinned into the under-crop of her neck. "Oh, can you help me I don't like blood and this mission says it is all in the sand." Whining now as she released him and flopping backward into the sand a bit dazed, "I hate washing it out and I don't know how to wash off sand!" She then stopped at the comment, "What's a Dune Scorpion?"

Edited by Avilon

Becoming clung to by the young tank, Nikodemus smiled and patted her on the top of her head. Smiling he listened to her and began to laugh. "Well, I have a lot of good news. There isn't much blood here. We're all pixels. We don't actually bleed. As for the sand, you don't wash it off. You wet the clothes and then beat them with a wicker beating rod, or you can beat them on a dry rock. Gets the sand out best. And that--' He said pointing down the dune from there to where a fin-shaped object poke from the sand. '-- is a <<Dune Scorpion>>. Most people occasionally confuse them for the <<Sand Shark>> that lurks within the sands out here. It has been a burden to many, but it isn't to terrible. Same with the <<Dune Scorpions>>. They can be an issue in groups, but one or two are easy to handle. The sink into the sand and hide, sticking the tips of their stingers out so that foolish players thing it is a material. When they reach down and grab it, the <<Dune Scorpion>> bursts free and tries to sting or crush you." Leaning down, he lifted the Avilon from the sand and put her on her feet. Smiling he put a hand on her shoulder. "And I am always of service to my allies, whom I count you among. I will help you with this quest, and any others you wish."

Avilon blinked as her eyes were pointed out a small fin like object slithering through the dunes which made her shriek once more as she was pulled to her feet jumping up and scrunching up as she clung with her arms wrapped around his neck the rest of her sinking down against his body unless he helped finish the rather awkward Avilon remain of the sand as she now began to have a new sinking fear and hatred of this floor. "I just want to get out of here already," she cried slinging over as she now released her grip and plopping back down on her feet as she nibbled her lip nervously. "I don't even know where the heck this mission is taking me let alone what I'm fighting any more." Drooping rather depressed as despite her increase in levels and new gear she was still relatively bad at the standing steady and firm like the brick wall she was becoming.

Placing his hand upon her head, Nikodemus let a small sigh out and smiled. "Do not fret. It may seem daunting, but this quest is simple. It has a tendancy of forcing you to go to one of three places looking for the <<Sand Shark>> I mentioned. One place typically is like this. A sandy area or a set of ruins where these <<Dune Scorpions>> spawn. The second is typically a random old caravan stop or an oasis where a <<Djinn>> appears, and the last is where the <<Sand Shark>> is. AS for the quest itself, it isn't to bad. the beast  has no mitigation, and it is pretty weak for a field boss. I can help you get out of here. No worries. We can avoid this area as it is just <<Dune Scorpions>>. Typically, the area where the <<Sand Shark>> is located is much farther south and west. Along an old caravan route. I have scouted it, and it is usually mob free minus the shark. We can head there, avoid mobs, and finish the quest if you don't mind 4 hours of walking back toward the safezone in Armadillo, then cutting south towards the trail and following it another 3 hours or so. Or we can follow the quest path, kill mobs, maybe get some materials and such, and make better time. Your choice"

With that, Nikodemus peered down the dune at the <<Dune Scorpion>> in hiding and tilted his head, his icy blue eyes gleaming at the beast. He knew at his level he could most likely take the beast on himself, but he had no intentions of putting Avilon in danger. He would protect her with all of his ability and make sure she would survive. Looking back to her he smiled. "So, what'll it be?"

As Niko-sempai patted her head she then stopped and frowned, as a child choosing from a list of option was always one of her gravest fears as she always felt like she would make the wrong decision. "I want to ..." Prolonging her thoughts as she tried to reason through which would be the least burdensome on her. "I want to meet them at the caravan midpoint - w-wait no that is a stupid spot I'm sure people would pick that one or something already. I want  to meet djinn's wait now that is stupid he just said that the route was cleared for a different path." The different options now losing themselves in her mind as she whimpered begging for assistance now. "Niky halp which route should we take? I guess to the Caravan?" She finished  partially making up her mind as she would need to be led possibly hand held the entire walk as she was feeling particularly dimwitted today.

"Two the scorpion!" She said now strolling off and sliding down the dune a bit startled at first as she stopped before one of the monsters. "Oh hi there little buddy," she giggled reaching out to pet it.

Seeing Avilon slide down and reach out toward the <<Dune Scorpion>>, Nikodemus tossed his helmet to the sand and then leapt down the dune and landed beside her. Bringing his axe down just as the <<Dune Scorpion>> broke from the sand, Nikodemus split the beast in twain, turning it into pixels in one move. Panting, Nikodemus looked to the left and saw the second Shetland pony sized <<Dune Scorpion>> coming from it's hiding place beside a stone. It's stinger lashed forward and almost struck into Nikodemus armor, but missed by just an inch. With eyes wide, Nikodemus growled as he realized his helmet was back up the dune. He would need to take great care to protect himself and Avilon.

ID# 58890 results:

Battle: 5 + 1 = 6 hit

Craft: 11

Loot: 14

MOB: 3 miss

Sword Art:  Lightning Axe – 3x2 - (6 Energy)

My DMG: 5 x 3 x 2 = 30 - 5 = 25 DMG

Nikodemus: Lvl: 14 | 56/56 HP | Energy: 8/14 | MIT: 35 (3+5+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 5 (1+1+3)

Avilon: Lvl: 9 | ??/?? HP | Energy: ??/?? | MIT: ?? |

<<Dune Scorpion>>: 0/20 HP | 15 DMG | MIT: 5

<<Dune Scorpion>>: 20/20 HP | 15 DMG | MIT: 5

Avilon let out a rather startled squeal now as she noticed her companion had just slain the other beast that was right beside her. The one whom she was attempting to pet as the next one went in for an attack on her companion she quickly swung her sword around and slicing into the other foe with as much damage as she could possibly muster. Her blade glowed with a paralytic upon it as she now slammed it down onto the beast that was before her whimpering a bit freaked out as she saw it with a panting sensation. "It's not dead kill it kill it!"

ID# 58943

Battle: 9

Craft: 12

Loot: 19

MOB: 3

Nikodemus: Lvl: 14 | 56/56 HP | Energy: 14/14 | MIT: 35 (3+5+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 5 (1+1+3)

Avilon: Lvl: 9 | 36/36 HP | Energy: 8/9 | MIT: 40 |Thorns: 14|DMG 3| Prz 2

<<Dune Scorpion>>: 19/20 HP | 15 DMG | MIT: 5 Stun (I think)

Edited by Avilon

Seeing Avilon attack the beast with her sword and paralyze it, Nikodemus swung in and tried to strike it. As he moved, his foot caught on a chunk of stone and he stumbled, missing his opponent. Thankfully it was stunned and couldnt attack him or Avilon. "It's ok. It is paralyzed. It wont be able to move for another moment. Just stay calm and we will slay this beast. If you have any Sword Arts, I suggest using them. It's carapace is thick, so normal attacks, even with a critical will most likely not do much damage. If it strikes, I will take the hit as we have aggro'd the mobs evenly, so just jump behind me if it tries to attack you ok." With his shield up and his axe at the ready, Nikodemus took a deep breath and tried to prepare himself for the beast to become unstunned.

ID# 58964 results:

Battle: 2 + 1 = 3 Miss.

Craft: 7

Loot: 4

MOB: 2 Stunned.

Nikodemus: Lvl: 14 | 56/56 HP | Energy: 7/14 | MIT: 35 (3+5+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 5 (1+1+3)

Avilon: Lvl: 9 | 36/36 HP | Energy: 8/9 | MIT: 40 |Thorns: 14|DMG 3| Prz 2

<<Dune Scorpion>>: 0/20 HP | 15 DMG | MIT: 5

<<Dune Scorpion>>: 19/20 HP | 15 DMG | MIT: 5 Stunned

Avilon winced and watched as her companion seemingly missed hitting the target once more her hands now fidgeting before gripping her sword once more and slashing the blade through the scorpion. The curved blade again slamming against the foe and slashing it away as it's tail began to flail about in attempt to hit her as it hissed through the air. "I-I think I'll be ok for now although I don't really know how to fight let alone do any amount of damage ..." She sighed seeing that the damage she had done to her foe was minor  at best.

ID# 58979

Battle: 8

Craft: 10

Loot: 12

MOB: 3

Nikodemus: Lvl: 14 | 56/56 HP | Energy: 7/14 | MIT: 35 (3+5+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 5 (1+1+3)

[H:2]Avilon: Lvl: 9 | 36/36 HP | Energy: 7/9 | MIT: 40 |Thorns: 14|DMG 3| Prz 2

<<Dune Scorpion>>: 18/20 HP | 15 DMG | MIT: 5 Targetting Avilon

Edited by Avilon

Nikodemus smiled at the young girl and stood, holding his axe out before him. "Watch what I do. It will help you learn." With that, Nikodemus activated his Sword Art <Lightning Axe>. His blade began to glow a sickly emerald green color, wisps of smoke raising from it slightly. Pushing off with his right leg, Nikodemus charged in and brought his axe down upon the <<Dune Scorpion>>, splitting through it's carapace like it was cardboard. A zagging split formed in the beasts body, and began to glow a similar green color.

After a moment, the beast lashed it's tail and struck at Avilon, barely hitting her tail as Nikodemus brought his axe in an upward swing, removing the tail in one clean swipe. With a sigh, Nikodemus watched the <<Dune Scorpion>> burst into pixels. Taking a step back, he looked around for his helmet. Walking back up the dune a few feet, he knelt down and picked the helmet up and put it on his head, sealing it to his armor's collar. Returning to Avilon, Nikodemus brushed his armor of the few grains of sand that had gotten on it. "There. All dealt with. Your not hurt are you?"

ID# 58982 results:

Battle: 6 +1 = 6. HIT

Craft: 6

Loot: 16

MOB: 7 <Thorns>

Sword Art: Lightning Axe – 3x2 - (6 Energy)

My DMG: 5 x 3 x 2 = 30 - 5 = 25

<<Dune Scorpion>>: 15 - 40 = 0 + 1 = 1

Nikodemus: Lvl: 14 | 56/56 HP | Energy: 7/14 | MIT: 35 (3+5+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 5 (1+1+3)

[H:2]Avilon: Lvl: 9 | 35/36 HP | Energy: 7/9 | MIT: 40 |Thorns: 14|DMG 3| Prz 2

<<Dune Scorpion>>: 0/20 HP | 15 DMG | MIT: 5

<<Dune Scorpion>>: 0/20 HP | 15 DMG | MIT: 5 Targetting Avilon

Avilon mewled rather pathetically as she now glanced over toward hre companion as he now brought the ax down once more cleaving the the assaulting scorpion that burst into pixels. She then blinked as the lightning ax let out a glow and jolt of lightning that seemed to help annihilate the foe she had golf swung over to him. A rather hesitant laugh left Avilon as she realized she need to hone her senses still a bit as she was still frightened by seventy five percent of the monster in this world. Honest, why on earth did they all have to look so savage and ready to slash, pinch, or crush you into an inch of your life. "I really don't like this desert," she groaned now crawling over and helping herself up. As he wandered over to pick up his own armor she now was brushing sand off and frowning. "I can feel it in my pants ..." whining unpleasantly as she had to live with sand grinding against her thighs for the remainder of this quest.

Looking to the young girl before him, Nikodemus couldn't help but smile. She wasn't far behind him in level, and it seemed like only a week ago that he was like her, fending for himself with the help of few others to get leveled up. Hearing her mention sand being all over, Nikodemus was also glad that his armor was sealed along all the seams. He could withstand the poison breath of a Naga within this armor, and sand was no both to him. Rolling shoulders slightly to relieve the tension in them, Nikodemus put his axe back on it's chain at his hip and opened a map in his HUD. Checking the map, he marked the location of the <<Sand Shark>> and then closed the map. "It will be ok. We'll make this quick. It isnt far if we follow the line this way. We'll cut past the Oasis and old caravan camp, and come directly to the area it spawns. shouldn't be more than an hour or 2." With that, he began to walk in the direction he had pointed out.

She looked back to her companion now who was smiling it seemed even under his helmet and gear she felt that sensation of someone being amused at her expense. Avilon was fine with this and now let out a spout of laughter as well as she now giggled, "I might have to do a get out sand dance on the way, although I probably will just get more into my boots." Groaning sadly as she now planted the large shield upon her back and peering about the dunes not completely sure how people like him new which direction they were going when it all seemed to look the same to her, minus the town of Armadillo that they had just left. "Lead the Nika-chan!" She smiled now sliding her sword into her sheath as well as she followed behind.

Walking along the desert, Nikodemus kept silent for a long amount of time. After what seemed like a few hours, but was most likely a few minutes, Nikodemus began to whistle a broken and disjaunted version of Chopin's No. 1: Nocturne as he walked. With a slow walking pace, Nikodemus occasionally looked back and made sure Avilon was ok. He knew little to no mobs would be around this path, as they mostly kept to scripted areas. Checking the HUD map once again, he smiled as he saw they were coming to the pass between the Oasis and abandoned caravan camp. Entering the pass between the sandy dunes, Nikodemus continued whistling. After a moment, Nikodemus looked back once more at Avilon. "Shouldn't be much longer. Unless you want to stop for a moment. I have a bottle of water here."

Despite everything she had accomplished this far she was still exhausted by the blazing sunlight that was still sapping water from at least her if not them both. The offer of good old hydrogen two oxygen made her eager to take a sip as she now had her arms wrapped around Niko's to keep up. "Yes please, water break greatly appreciated." The pink haired shield maiden now peering up to her companion as she had been now dragging both her shield and sword in the sand that made a small trench behind her that was slowly being filled back up. "After a little break I will be fully prepared to kick sand sharkies butt."

Stopping in the shade of one of the taller sand dunes, Nikodemus opened a small pouch on his back left hip and from within took a glass bottle of water with a cork stopper in it. With the bottle held about the neck, Nikodemus lightly pressed a claw tipped gauntlet finger into the cork and then levered it up and out of the bottle. The cork pattered onto the sand and rolled around a bit before coming to a rest at their feet. Unclipping his helmet, he took it off with his free hand and hung it from a small hook at his hip next to his axe. Tilting his head back, he lifted the bottle and allowed the water to pour out. After he took a drink, Nikodemus held it out to Avilon and smiled. "Here. Drink as much as you want. I have plenty in my inventory. So, no need to be sparing, in fact..." With a sudden thought, Nikodemus brought his left hand down in the air, opening his HUD. Swapping through the menus, Nikodemus opened his inventory and pulled another bottle of water from it. Handing it to Avilon, he closed the HUD and then looke about.

"There. Take that one too. I have acclimated to the heat and weather here. Minus the sandstorms. No one can acclimate to those. They uh... They tear most people apart unless they have the <<Survival>> skill from a particular quest. Haven't done that one yet... So I plan any trips here around them. This part of Floor 5 isn't due for any storms at this moment. Anyways, small break then we'll be on to our way to the spawning area for the <<Sand Shark>>"

HP: 125 Damage per Attack: 30

ID# 

Battle: 

Craft: 

Loot: 

MOB: 

Nikodemus: Lvl: 14 | 56/56 HP | Energy: 14/14 | MIT: 35 (3+5+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 5 (1+1+3)

[H:2]Avilon: Lvl: 9 | 36/36 HP | Energy: 9/9 | MIT: 40 |Thorns: 14|DMG 3| Prz 2

Avilon flopped down in the shade of the larger sand dune as Nikodemus finally allowed them both a break, panting and groaning weakly as she now glanced over to her companion in a rather exhausted state. "I can't believe people have done these mission multiple times let alone live here in Armadillo what type of crazy do you have to be to want to spend the majority of your entrapment in a desert?" Mewling weakly as he began to drink she let a bit of drool escape her mouth before the offering of water was made. "T-thank you so much niko-chan," a swift bow being offered to her savior of sorts as she now wandered over and began to swallow a mouthful of it and handing the cantina back to him. Her own water bottle nearly half empty now as she then stopped realizing she might need more on the journey back to town. "I'll make sure to conserve the rest, now the shark I'm guessing is relatively close right?" She looked over toward the spawn zone now blinking a bit startled by the large monster that awaited her steps to activate it. "Oh dear, I don't think I can fight that thing niko."

Edited by Avilon

Hearing the comment about Armadillo, Nikodemus began to laugh. The sound of the laugh was deep, but also held a sound of hollow depth in it due to the helmet he wore. "Well, there are those who love the desert, much as there are those who love the snow and cold. Some are in Armadillo, Some in Snowfrost on Floor 4. You have seen my shop. It resides in a cavern in a mountain. The whole world is grey colored with the hints of green from the natural lighting from the crystals that are natural there. Just a preference I guess. As for the <<Sand Shark>>, yea, it's about 30 feet away. And you will do fine. I have faith in you."

With that, Nikodemus began to head to where the <<Sand Shark>> was. With a deep breath, he stopped a distance from the beast and prepared himself for battle. With his axe behind him, he activated his Sword Art <<Guilotine>>. With a strange noise, the <<Sand Shark>> burrowed into the sand and began charging for Nikodemus. Exhaling his breath, Nikodemus charged forward at a rapid pace and then leapt into the air as hard as he could. Sailing through the air, Nikodemus brought down his axe upon the <<Sand Shark>>'s neck, slicing through a good few inches, leaving a wound in the beasts hide. As it lashed around it bit into his arm weakly as the <Stun Effect> kicked in and stopped it moving. His armor's <Thorns> effect kicked in and sent a damage boost through the shark and wounding it more. Nikodemus then stood up and jumped back a few feet watched the beast lay stunned and wounded on the ground.

"Avilon, it is stunned! Strike at it with all your might!"

ID# 59148 results:

Battle: 4 + 1 + 1 (concentration) = 6

Craft: 12

Loot: 18

MOB: 7 <Thorns Activates>

Sword Art:  Guillotine - 1x5 - Stun - (8 Energy)

My DMG: 5 x 1 x 5 = 25 DMG, STUNNED. Thorns: 14 DMG. Total: 39 DMG.

<<Sand Shark>>: 30 - 35 = 0 + 1 = 1

[H:1] Nikodemus: Lvl: 14 | 55/56 HP | Energy: 6/14 | MIT: 35 (3+5+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 5 (1+1+3)

[H:0] Avilon: Lvl: 9 | 36/36 HP | Energy: 9/9 | MIT: 40 |Thorns: 14|DMG 3| Prz 2

<<Sand Shark>>: HP:  86/125 | Damage per Attack: 30 | STUNNED for 1 turn