[F3-PP] Meeting Santa's Coworker (Jakobe)

Vectis was thinking about all the flavors of ice cream he wanted to taste, but eventually ditched that thought and replaced it with questing. "Ooooh! A nice adventure is just what I need! Then maybe I can go try that Fireball flavor, or the honey barbecued chicken ice cream flavor." What? Honey barbecued chicken ice cream? What the hell were the makers of that thinking of when they invented it? "Nah, not the honey barbecue chicken, but what about the rice flavor? I heard it's really plain, hmmm..."

Edited by Vectis

Stepping out of the teleport gate and onto the 3rd floor. Jakobe paused to take in his surroundings before setting off. Seems so peaceful he thought to himself. Having grown up in a large city, Jakobe had never experienced a rural environment like what was before him. Refocusing his attention however on what had brought him to this floor, he scratched his head trying to remember the directions the player had given him. 

Back on the first floor he had over heard a couple of players talking about an easy quest that would award some good gear. After interjecting himself into the conversation, one of the players told him that the quest started in a shop on the third floor. To his dismay however, he couldn't seem to remember the exact directions. Ever the optimist though, he decided that if he walked around enough he was bound to find it.

Now, now..... If I were a quest NPC where would I be? After walking around for several hours Jakobe still had no luck in finding the store he was looking for. Beginning to get a little dismayed, he decided that it might be a good idea to ask another player for information. Spotting a player sporting more advanced gear then what he himself had, he determined that this would be as good a player as any to ask.

"Ugh... excuse me"  he said as he approached the stranger "But you wouldn't happen to know where a quest NPC might be around here do you?"

"Huh? Oh, what's up dude!" Vectis turned around and saw Jakobe, who towered above him in height, "Woah, you're super tall!" His focus broke again as an exotic butterfly flew past his shoulder, "Wait, what were we talking about again? Oh right, quests... Uhhh, if I was a quest NPC, I'd be getting some free ice cream by now down at the ummm... Ah crap, I forgot my directions!" He rummaged through his bags and dropped a paper, a quest paper from the bulletin board to be precise. "Oh right, here's my map, now quests NPC's should be uhh... Ah shucks. I forgot."

Startled a bit by the age of the voice, he had been expecting the player to be much younger based on the players height. "Ugh... are you like a midget or something?" He said in a  puzzled voice. "You seem awfully short for someone who has such an older voice, how old are you? Noticing that the player had dropped something Jakobe bent down to pick it up. Seeing the words "Worn out Welcome" across the top of the page, Jakobe remembered that that had been the name of the quest he had been looking to start. Before he could concentrate any more on the task at hand however, his mind snapped to something the player had said. "Did you say free ice cream?" Ever since day one of the game, Jakobe had been surviving on nothing but bread and water. Having not adventured out for fear of getting killed, he had yet to collect any money. The very thought of ice cream brought joy to his heart though. "Where is this free ice cream that you speak of? He asked while unconsciously handing the paper back to the player.

"The free icecream? Well, it's somewhere in this town but I forgot." He held out the map so that Jakobe could see it., and then Vectis had his 'aha' moment. "Oh, looks like it's around here you see..." His finger was pointing to the near bottom of the map, "The free ice cream is in the back of a white house, and an old lady is the vendor. C'mon, let's go!" Vectis started running, and just in case Jakobe got lost, he left behind the map. "Last one there is a rotten egg!" Ah, old people talk. Nobody says 'Last one there is a rotten egg' anymore.

Looking down at the paper in his hand, Jakobe noticed that it was a map. Well this should make it easier to find my quest NPChe thought. Looking back up, Jakobe noticed the other player had already taken off down the road. "Hey! Wait up!" He yelled while running of after him. 

Seeing the player come to a halt ahead of him, Jakobe quickly closed the distance and came to a stop beside him. Before him was a large white house, "Assuming this is the place?" He asked before running ahead inside.

As the door creaked open, Vectis turned around and waved at Jakobe with a waffle cone filled with ice cream in his hand, "What took you so long? I was just about to eat it all." The old lady he mentioned stared at Jakobe and then asked Vectis a question, "This your friend young un'?" The blonde nodded and the old lady inspected the extremely tall young man closely. "What flavor would you like?" There were tons of flavors like mint, vanilla, chocolate, taro, durian, potato, barbecue chicken, corn, tomato, chili, cherry, and much much more...

Hearing the woman ask him what flavor he would want. Jakobe scratched his head in deep thought. Chocolate... no  Vanilla..... no Cotton Candy.... no That fact that he could choose almost any possible flavor left him dazed. But just when he thought he wouldn't be able to make a choice it came to him. "I know!" he shouted. "I'll take bacon flavor!".

Taking the cone from the old woman, Jakobe practically inhaled the ice cream. "Yum!" he exclaimed. Rubbing his belly he looked around the room and then at the player. "Hey, I think I forgot to introduce myself, the name is Jakobe. Whats yours?"

"Woooaaah!" Vectis watched Jakobe devour the ice cream and cone in seconds. "You're really good at speed eating ice cream, you do it faster than me!" He was still eating his ice cream, a green mint and ate slowly to savor the flavor. "My name's Vectis, nice to meet ya', Jake from State Farm. Do you want seconds? This NPC has an unlimited amount of this stuff, but she can only serve two cones per player every single day." The sandy haired blonde was so caught up with eating ice cream that he forgot entirely about the quest he was going to take.

Although Jakobe would of loved to have seconds. Now that he had a full belly he was starting to remember why he was on this floor in the first. "Umm... no thanks on the seconds." Taking a moment to pause and look around the room, Jakobe decided to just come out and ask him. "Hey, would you by chance want to help me take on a quest?" Pulling out the map the player had gave him, he began to study it to figure out where he needed to go.