[F2-PP] Third Times a Charm. <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> (Avilon, Dracul)

With a sigh, Nikodemus sat before the gate to the main settlement of Floor 2. Grumbling about, he opened his Message HUD and sent a boradcast to all players asking for help with the nigh impossible feat of punching a rock to death. After sending it, he sat with his legs crossed and began to prepare himself for the quest at hand. Taking off his shield and storing it in his inventory, Nikodemus put on a pair of special Gauntlets he had made. With those on, he then took a small bit of meat from a pouch and ate it. It tasted good, and the cook who made it was well versed in his arts. With the food finished, he then drank from a small glass vial he had wrapped with the meat. With them consumed, he felt ready to take the rock on. Looking around, he waited for anyone respond to his message.

Unequipped:  Scales of the Dragon God.

Equipped:  Fists of Manju. +2 DMG, +1 DMG on missed BD. Does not stack. Goes away after successful hit.

Used: Drake Cut: +1 BD/Thread, T1 Minor Damage Potion: +1 Damage/thread

My Stats: Nikodemus: Lvl: 18 | 72/72 HP | Energy: 18/18 | Unarmed DMG: 4 (1+2+1) | +1 BD.

Generic Quest Info.

Spoiler

<<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2

This quest is repeatable (to help only)

This RP will not count in the benchmark

o3mxo4I.png

To start the quest, the player must first find the quest NPC that has taken residence in a hut near the summit of an exceptionally high mountain at the southern edge of the 2nd Floor. If the player accepts the quest, the NPC takes the player outside to a 2 meter-high rock with a diameter of about 1.5 meters and almost as tough as an Immortal Object. There, the NPC reveals that the player must split the rock into two using only their fists and then proceeds to paint whiskers with quick-drying paint on the player’s face, claiming that the whiskers cannot be removed until the rock is split. If the player does manage to split the rock, they are rewarded with the Extra Skill.

Good luck Players!

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)

-Must destroy <<The Boulder>> using only your fists. Thus damage bonuses such as Athletics apply, but your weapon skill rank does not, nor can you use any sword arts.

The Boulder Information:

<<The Boulder>> is a respawning Quest object and has the following statistics:

HP: 50

Rewards:

1. Party Leader will be gifted the Extra Skill, <<Martial Arts>>

2. 1 Skill Point

Parties of players are advised.

Recommended Level: Any

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

There she was again, the wondrous second floor where monster wouldn't slay her within seconds of appearing and drawing there aggro. Although that had been the case for some time now as she was thankfully well equipped by woman who she still owed a debt of gratitude to. As she wandered around though she stopped hearing a strange beep upon her HUD, a familiar name being brought up. "NIKO-CHAN!" The pink maned female squealed loudly as his name always was amusing to speak or shout as the case may be. Quickly she glanced around awkwardly looking for where he could be. "How do these message things work again," awkwardly mewling as she now fell back into her nervous habit as she slipped her index finger into her mouth all her items currently stored away as she now waited in hopes that somehow someone may find her. After a minute she frowned realizing that she would at least need to send him a message of telling him she was open for such an endeavor. "Oki doki," her fingers now bouncing through the menu till she pulled up the notification her eyes now reading it over once more as she nodded. Her mind furiously contemplating what to say,

Dear Niki-nik,

I read your message about punching the impossible rock, sounds like a hilarious metaphor for something although I don't really know what it is but lets do it! <3 >^-^< Kitty.

Flexing the fingers in his gauntlets, Nikodemus felt the strange strength in his fingers and hands as he did so. The consumed items were in full effect and would help him in this endeavor. With a smile, he stood and stretched about and looked at the sun as it crawled across the sky. Hearing a familiar chime in his head, Nikodemus swiped his hand down in the air and opened his HUD menu. Seeing the new message in his inbox, and who it was from, made a smile spread upon his face. Opening it, he read through it and laughed aloud. After a moment, he decided he would go look for the young tank. Using the HUD menu once again, he opened the map interface and accessed his allies list, pinpointing Avilon nearby. Marking her position, he turned and began strolling his way to where she was.

In this settlement, and for this quest especially, a weapon was not needed but Nikodemus let his axe remain at his hip. His shield was put away however and he only had his armor and gauntlets on. After a moment, he spotted Avilon sitting a few feet away. Walking over to her, he stood at his full height of 6'3 and looked down to her. With lithe and practiced motions, Nikodemus reached up and unclipped the large ornate helmet and unsealed it, lifting from his head. Tucking it under his left arm, Nikodemus looked at Avilon and smiled. "Guten Morgen Mamzel Avilon. Danke for responding to my request for help."

Casual white shirt with a loose unbuttoned collar, black pants and hand in my pocket. That was the way I usually walked around seeing no need to equip the armor or weapon on a simple walk. My assistant and companion for today, a brunette male a few years younger than me couldn't stop swiveling his head left to right nervously: "I told you already, we're fine." I say in a partially raised tone so that he could get in in his thick skull: "But milord, we're in the open... who knows what can attack us in any moment... It's my duty as your...." he started babbling so I cut him off with a simple wave of my right hand: "Yeah yeah, if you were scared you should've stayed at the stop. Claudia would've made a better companion instead, That's why I don't take you around that much." A sigh next came from his direction, my left side as he shrug dejected. "Nee-san is always the popular one... I think you're playing favorites."

I was in the middle of chuckling at his last comment when an unfamiliar sound and a notification symbol got my attention. With slow movements I open and read the content of the received message. "Punch a rock to death?" I muttered with a raised eyebrow and shrug as well. "Well it can't hurt to at least see what's about... C'mon Darius." I motion the boy wearing a butler-like outfit as we head towards the designated coordinates. On the way there I pull out one one my potions and with the help of my assistants, wash my hands with it. Some prefered to drink them but little knew that to benefit of a potion's effect, one needed only to come in contact with its content or simply select the 'Use.' option when the item was removed from the inventory. Once we arrived there, all I could see was a big rock.... no Nikodemus, who send the area PM.

Used  Malum, 3rd grade 1nd edition (+1 Damage) 

Avilon couldn't help but manage a rather giddy giggle now as she heard the rather formal greeting still in that language she couldn't quite understand, "It's good to see you as well Niko-chan." She glanced about and pondered whether or not the two of them were capable enough to actually defeat whatever it was. "I am still quite confused by this message we need to punch a rock but where exactly is it? If you would be willing to lead the way I will happily follow you to the destination although was anyone else answering the message of yours?" The pink haired shield maiden opening up her menu as she noticed no knew notification and instead merely began to equip all her her gear for this endeavor her usual armored garb and shield now causing her to weigh a nearly double her usual self. Another rather giddy giggle escaping her lips as she had learned a fair amount she could at least partially find her way around, some of the time.

"It is up a hill just outside the safezone. Follow me, I'll show you the way. I have been there before. Come along." Moving through the town, Nikodemus whistled Chopin's Tristesse. After walking for a time, the two exited the safezone and began an uphill stroll. "This mountain is such a pain to climb. Every... Single... Time." With a sigh, Nikodemus made his way up the stone trail whistling still. After a moment, the duo reached the top of the trail and were greeted with the sight of a wooden hut and a large rock. Standing before the rock was a young man Nikodemus had had business with recently. With a slight quirk of his head, Nikodemus raised a hand in a hailing position and spoke. "Hail Herr Dracul. Nice to see you here. Have you come to assist in the feat of punching a rock?"

With that, Nikodemus unclipped his helmet with a sigh and set it upon a post sitting beside rock. "Well, must get this started. No time to waste and such, else the Rainbow colored birds will be angry with me." Stepping into the hut, Nikodemus was gone for a moment, then returned grumbling with a hateful glare. "I do not understand why he must paint these on my face every time... Anyways, let us get to this shall we. The goal is quite simple. We each take a turn punching the rock. Once it's durability gets to 0, it splits and we are done. Sadly, we cannot use any weapons, nor any sword arts. We can only use our bare fists or gauntlets and handwraps... Thankfully I have prepared a bit for this. I pray it wont take too long. I will take the first swing."

Stepping towards the large rock, Nikodemus took a deep breath and then crouched down slightly and brought his fist back. Exhaling, Nikodemus brought his fist forward in a quick, strong movement and slammed it home in the center of the rock. The resounding crack of steel striking rock sounded throughout the area. Pulling his hand back, Nikodemus nodded at the small chip that was made in the smooth surface. A small hairline of a crack had begun to form at the edges of the chipped stone. Turning to his two companions, Nikodemus smiled and then waved a hand towards the rock. "Tis that simple. Er, well you get the gist of it anyways."

ID# 59411 results:

Battle: 8 HIT

My DMG: 4

My Stats: Nikodemus: Lvl: 18 | 72/72 HP | Energy: 18/18 | Unarmed DMG: 4 (1+2+1) | +1 BD.

Dracul: ??/?? HP | ??/?? EN | ?? DMG

Avilon: ??/?? HP | ??/?? EN | ?? DMG

The Large Annoying Rock: 46/50 HP | 0 DMG | 0 MIT

"Sir, I think they're here." came the voice of my assistant that spotted the two players. I'd see no reason to equip the armor or weapon as I was, at the very least, acquainted to them and didn't perceive them as a thread. Even if one of them would want to attack me, this light armor shirt that I received from that annoying blonde, would be more than enough to mitigate any fatal blow. Being greeted by then green armor clad man, I noded: "yeah, I thought we could use a distraction. And my assistant isn't the most entertaining guy." I say with a laugh as point my thumb towards the brunette. In return, the boy with the butler-like outfit made a bow as he presented himself." My name is Darius, Nice to meet you two, milord had briefed me of who you are. Mister Nidodemus and lady Avilion, I'll be in your care." he said, yet again making another bow at the end. Where did he get this typical Japanese- like reflex? I couldn't know. But I felt pride as a member of my household had decided to keep his IRL attitude in the game and remained with me, any other servant would've left me alone after finding out that we we're trapped in this death game. Or even worse, he would attempt to PK me in my sleep.

Luckily these brothers, Claudia and Darius had been by my side since little and i wouldn't want anyone other than them to be trapped in here with. My eyes next set on a girl wielding a huge tower shield in the shape of a cross of sorts. The woman I decided to claim as mine, despite her ... easygoing attitude, so to speak. But it wasn't that simple as a while back, she was quite troubled by a certain action of mine when we were on the 9th floor. I could only hope that she won't run from me again... as I wouldn't be sure if I would manage to contain myself if she did... "Miss Avi... it will be a pleasure to be in your company again." I say with a mild bow, keeping a bit of a distance in order to not intimidate her. Next I turn to watch as Niko had decided to start the rock bashing party going. With a sigh, I summon my Inventory and equip a pair of black fingerless gloves with a white crowned lion head on top of the right one. I look at Avilon's direction and gesture her to take a shot saying: "Ladies first."

Equipped 'Tyger Fangs (+3 Unarmed Damage)".

Nikodemus: Lvl: 18 | 72/72 HP | Energy: 18/18 | Unarmed DMG: 4 (1+2+1) | +1 BD.
Dracul: 24/24 HP | 6/6 EN | 5 Basic DMG (1 base +1 potion +3 weapon)
Avilon: ??/?? HP | ??/?? EN | ?? DMG

The Large Annoying Rock: 46/50 HP | 0 DMG | 0 MIT

Avilon glanced around rather confused her head now rolling back now to see Dracul and someone whom seemed to be traveling with him, "Dracul?" She questioned rather surprised that he would be showing up after all this. A mention of the mission being further through town and right outside of the safezone made her wonder as the world had been kind to her so far. As she peered up to the mountain though her eyes lit widened and her mouth hung open as she began to mewl sadly. "It can't be all the way up there that mountain is huge!" She now groaned weakly hanging her head down as she didn't want to walk up it. As they wandered up she slowly frowned now partially leaning against Nikodemus as she shook her head. 

"I-I don't really want to keep punching this rock ..." she sighed now looking down as her companion took the first hit smashing his fist into the rock her eyes body wincing at the thought of hitting something so hard. As Dracul insisted on her attempting she frowned and began to walk up to the stone now preparing her fists. Her hand flew forward and cracked against the rock as she now bit her lower lip and cried in pain having done as much damage to it as she possibly could. "Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwiee ow ow ow!" She sniffled and winced now holding her hand as she had managed to punch incorrectly and merely frowned realizing that the pain wasn't anything but a trick of her mind.

ID: 59844 BD 8

Equipped 'Tyger Fangs (+3 Unarmed Damage)".

Avilon: 44/44 HP | 11/11 EN | 1 DMG

The Large Annoying Rock: 45/50 HP | 0 DMG | 0 MIT

Edited by Avilon

Seeing Avilon punch the rock, Nikodemus smiled and then turned around looked at the boulder once again. Sizing it up, he prepared to strike it. Using his <<Concentration>> skill, Nikodemus aimed once more, and the brought his fist forward, the armored gauntlets striking hard against the stone in the exact center once more. The blow began to force the thin cracks he had made on his first punch spider web out a couple centimeters. Standing straight again, he turned and deferred to Dracul once more. "You are up my friend."

ID# 59968 results:

Battle: 4 + 1 + 1 = 6 hit

DMG: 4

The Large Annoying Rock: 41/50 HP | 0 DMG | 0 MIT

I was rather shocked to see that Avilon's face had a pained expression. As pain was a part of my studies back at the lab, inflicting physical pain on players had no effect but short to a tingling of the skin similar to that of being touched, without the presence of pain receptors in this pixelated skin, signaling the effects of Newton's 3rd law on it. My brunette assistant rushed to her aid and attempted to take her 'wounded' hand and rub in gently, reacting like he would in real life to a damsel in distress. He asks with a concerned voice: "Are you alright milady?

I chuckle under my breath at his too pure of a reaction and nod to Niko. "That was a nice hit!" I encourage him with a perfectly emulated friendly smile, next setting my targets on my rocky opponent. "Let's see if I can follow." I mutter, more to drive myself into acting than anything else. I grip my right hand into a fist and punch the rock with all my might, trying to imitate Niko. I fail miserably as I hit and my hand twists almost unnatural. I who had almost no physical activities except light sports, if this was real life, would scream in pain as I could practically hear the bones in my hand cracking as a result of my bad punch. If I weren't the calm type, I would probably shout out in phantom pain as the lovely lass before me did. Instead, I remove my hand with calm and massage my wrist out of reflex despite no physical discomfort... "I... seem to have failed." I mutter with a sour expression, letting the others who had actually hit it properly, to continue.

ID# 60057  BD: 1 (nat.)

Dracul: 24/24 HP | 4/6 EN | 5 Basic DMG

The Large Annoying Rock: 45/50 HP | 0 DMG | 0 MIT

Edited by Dracul

Avilon cringed and stood there as she now rubbed at her knuckles, it took her a while to realize the pain she thought she felt was nothing but a trick of her own imagination. If she learned to keep down those emotions and fears then maybe she would one day become the best tank in the game. She glanced back toward Drack then Nikodemus as she glared toward the rock her hand taking the shape of a fist once more. It swung in from the side smashing into again as hard as she could with little damage being shown but still some. After the second punch she looked back to Dracul's assistant and nodded smiling, "Yeah I think everything will be a lot better now mister." She giggled and gave him a quick wave as she now was focused upon finishing this quest.

Spoiler
  • Avilon: 60106 | BD:6  | CD: 11 | LD: 18| MD: 8
  • Hate: x
    • Current HP: 44/44
    • Current EN: 10/11
      • Update HP:  x/44
      • Update EN: 9/11
    • Damage: 3
      • Skill: Sword Art Options 
        • Reaver - En: 1 Dmg: (1)(1)(dmg) BD: (6-9) Crit (10)

• Fell Crescent -  En: 2 | AoE: (1)(1)(dmg) BD: (6-9) Crit (10)

• Thorns MD: 6-9 Dmg: 14

• Enemy/Group 1:
    • Current HP: 45/50
    • Updated HP: 44/50

Edited by Avilon

Seeing Avilon strike the rock once more, he smiled. The task would take a bit of time, but with them each doing their maximum output of damage, they would get it done. Seeing he was up once again, he stood before the rock and brought his fist back. Concentrating hard, he focused on the rock and then brought his fist forward once more. The metal of his armored hand ground against the stone once more, and the sound of further cracking was heard from it. With a smile, he stepped back and flexed his hand once more. Looking at the rock, he smiled as the once spider webbed cracks began to grow by centimeters. "Almost there guys. Keep it up and this will be naught but pebbles soon.

ID# 60148 results:

Battle: 9 Crit. +1 DMG

DMG: 6

Dracul: 24/24 HP | 4/6 EN | 5 Basic DMG

The Large Annoying Rock: 38/50 HP | 0 DMG | 0 MIT

"Darius is what they call me milady." replied my assistant with a small bow. I frowned at the familiarity the two were displaying... more so at the boy who seemed in his teens just a few years younger than me. Clenching my fists and my teeth I make my way to the rock, I needed to hit it... and hard, to maintain my own self esteem. "it's personal now." I say to the rock despite knowing that I look silly. The rock stood there silent, as if defying me... or rather was it that I was expecting a reply from it? In either case I try and punch it again... the hit lands but as before it didn't land properly. I curse in my native tongue, almost whispered as if to not trigger the system's translation feature. 

I turn back towards the rest then ruffle the back of my blonde hair: "I guess this isn't my day with rocks.." I muttered a fake pretense for my miss then draw closer to the armored pink tankress. "Please give me some of that good fortune, milady. A kiss on the cheek should suffice!!!" I claimed boldly as I drew closer to Avilon, the girl that sparked my imagination from the first fight. The things I could do with her instead of trying to hit this impertinent rock... Only that though made me almost lose my cool mask.

ID# 60628  BD: 4 (nat.)

Dracul: 24/24 HP | 3/6 EN | 5 Basic DMG

The Large Annoying Rock: 38/50 HP | 0 DMG | 0 MIT

Edited by Dracul

Avilon glanced over after listening to the assistant of Dracul who was asking now that she bid him a kiss, her face lit up red as her pink main now draped across an eye feeling a bit flustered. "Y-you want me to give you a kiss?" She was just about to throw her own punch when this request was offered her body suddenly tripping in the middle of the punch. Her body careened in and cracked rather harshly against the rock as she moaned awkwardly from her little failure now. "I'm so glad that didn't break my neck." Now gently trying to peel herself off of the ground and address her two companions half forgetting about the quest. "I-I suppose I could oblige?"

Spoiler
  • Avilon: 60656 | BD:3 | CD: 8 | LD: 1| MD: 9
    • Current EN: 10/11 +1 cd last roll and this roll?
      • Update EN: 8/11

• Enemy/Group 1:
    • Current HP: 38/50
    • Updated HP: 38/50

Edited by Avilon

seeing the rotation come around to him, Nikodmus once more brought his fist back and focused for a moment, In his minds eye he could see the rock clearly and knew where to strike. With a deep breath in, Nikodemus brought his fist forward and struck the rock once more. His armored hand felt the shift in the rock as it began to crumble where he had repeated hit it. The cracks had spread now, and were covering a foot wide area from the initial impact point. Exhaling, NIkodemus brought his fist back and then stood straight. Examining the rock, he nodded and smiled.

ID# 60729 results:

Battle: 9 Crit. +1 dmg.

My DMG: 5

Dracul: 24/24 HP | 3/6 EN | 5 Basic DMG

The Large Annoying Rock: 33/50 HP | 0 DMG | 0 MIT

Hearing the surprisingly affirmative reply of our female companion, I couldn't help but grin to my good fortune. I try to punch the rock one more time, not really caring if I succeed or not then I drew closer to the pinkette. Subtly, I try to wrap my right hand around her waist and pull her closer to my figure. Luck or maybe bad luck? had it that we I was a bit taller than her so she would have to get on her toes to reach my cheek. Despite showing a mischievous grin, she would notice the slight blush on my face as I cursed my body to be for having such a natural and honest reaction, despite my true character. "Please do!" was a simple response from me to her inquire. In the background I could hear my assistant sigh for some reason. It ticked me off and I would surely rain my wrath on him once all this is over.

ID# 60808  BD: 4

Nikodemus: Lvl: 18 | 72/72 HP | Energy: 18/18 | Unarmed DMG: 4 | +1 BD.
Dracul: 24/24 HP | 2/6 EN | 5 Basic DMG

The Large Annoying Rock: 33/50 HP | 0 DMG | 0 MIT

Edited by Dracul

As she stood there she glanced back to Nikodemus her mouth now being leaned in against as a kiss was planted upon her cheek. A slight flustered blushnow spreading over her face as she coughed and brushed herself off. "Now we really need to not keep Niko busy as he has been wanting to finish of this quest in a hasty method." She ran forward her fist once again flying in bound as it hit the stone causing not even a crack to appear. "I must admit this feels strange."

Spoiler
  • Avilon: 61030 | BD:5 | CD: 9 | LD: 7| MD: 6
    • Current EN: 10/11 +1 cd last roll and this roll?
      • Update EN: 8/11

• Enemy/Group 1:
    • Current HP: 33/50
    • Updated HP: 38/50

Feigning ignorance of the situation, Nikodemus thought darkly and wondered if he could lift the rock and use it like a club. Being an older brother to another brother, Nikodemus had never had sisters. His parents were barely lucky to have the two children they had. Having spent a good amount of time with Avilon and questing with her in her early days, Nikodemus had begun to see her like a sister, and his brotherly instincts were at war with him. Grinning a down right evil grin beneath his helmet, Nikodemus turned and, without much preparation, struck the rock dead center once more. The cracks once more began to widen and deepen. Turning to Avilon and Dracul again, he hid his malice with a softer smile. "Shouldn't be long now."

ID# 61035 results:

Battle: 8

Nikodemus: Lvl: 18 | 72/72 HP | Energy: 18/18 | Unarmed DMG: 4 | +1 BD.
Dracul: 24/24 HP | 2/6 EN | 5 Basic DMG

The Large Annoying Rock: 29/50 HP | 0 DMG | 0 MIT