[PP-F2] Fly Swatting <<Long Live The Queen>> (Nikodemus_Blackwood & Seul) COMPLETED

Solaire had just posted a request onto the boards of the town for a bit of help with a certain quest or quests if possible. He may be proud and noble but he was by far no idiot and he realized that he would have to be a little lenient on relying on others at the beginning. He had heard of tales when beginning players had slaughtered themselves upon the first floor basic mobs and he had no intentions of joining their numbers.

Currently, Solaire was waiting on the second floor, near the teleportation plaza of Urbus which he had marked as the meeting area, as he waited for any peoples who might be interested in helping him out to take care of a pest. While he waited he swiped his hand down and accessed his menus. First, he glanced at his stats and winced, the pitifully low numbers saddening. Then he went to his inventory and equipped his basic greatsword. The sword was nothing special, bare of any decorations or enhancements. He would have to consider going and finding something that whacked a little harder but first he wanted to pad his stats. With his sword on his back and wearing his beginner's clothes he stood and waited for the arrival of some help.

Edited by Giant Dad

Having been looking for work, Nikodemus had checked the Player Boards and saw a request for help. Reading through it, Nikodemus nodded to himself and decided it was  right down his alley. Sending a message off to the player who posted the request, Nikodemus made his way to the teleport gate on floor 1 and teleported to Floor 2. Arriving in Urbus, Nikodemus looked about and then headed off towards where the player was showing on his HUD. Nikodemus' large ornate armor always garnered stares from people, the black and rust colored armor making him look 2 times as opposing as he normally did at his massive height of 6'3. His beak-like faceplate concealed his face, 2 slits being the only opening for his ice blue eyes. His shield was on his back as he moved about town, and his large axe was hanging from the ornate chain used to sheath it.

Approaching the player who had sent the request, Nikodemus gave a curt bow and then whistled loudly. From the blue skies, a large jet black raven with glowing azure eyes landed upon the armored giants shoulder and cawed once, then began darting it's gaze about. "Guten Abend Mein Herr. I have come to help with the quest. My name is Nikodemus, at your service."

((OOC: @Seul, your up buddy.))

It was time to close up shop for the day and so after making sure the store was secure Seul made his way out to explore the streets of Urbus. It had been some time since he actually went out into the field and he could feel his leveling come to an inconvenient halt as of late because of it. He needed to get back in the game. With the other knights off pursuing their own goals he was free to train as much as he pleased. Though he already completed most of the quests on the local bulletin board, he would still check it every now and then just to see if anything caught his eye. Today he would take the request of a player who wanted to fight the field boss and after gearing up with his tier two set of equipment he made his way toward the meeting spot. Upon arrival he offered a wave toward the two who had gathered there. "I'm here to help out with the request. My name's Seul."

Solaire did not have to wait long at all it would seem. Almost minutes after posting the request he received a message from a player named Nikodemus_Blackwook indicated he would like to party with him. Solaire watched the teleportation gate and saw a tall player in brilliant armour walk out. As the player approached Solaire guessed this to be Nikodemus and tried his best to judge his character. This turned out to be harder done than said since he was covered head to toe in armour. The man stood somewhere around his own height and was an intimdating sight to see truly. Once the player approached and introduced himself in German Solaire smiled. "Ah, guten abend. A German soldier in a truly magnificent set of armour. You truly represent your proud people, a Teutonic incarnate in my opinion. I will gladly take you into my services good sir. As you saw, I wish to tackle a field boss today just to pad some of my stats. I require a bit of protection if you do not mind. I will make sure to give you whatever you wish from the quest in reward." As Solaire explained his desires to Nikodemus another player approached, introducing himself as Seul. The man stood shorter than he and Nikodemus but one's size was most definitely not everything in a fight. Even without seeing the stats of his weapons Solaire was able to tell they were truly well-made weapons, and in a game that usually meant they were buffed. "And good evening to you sir, I will gladly take you into my services as well. Thanks for coming. My in game name is Giant Dad, though that is a bit of a joke. If you wish a different name I will respond to Astora as well." Solaire looked between them for a bit, studying their attire and stances. They both seemed well off and he couldn't conceive any reason why they should help him but he would not complain. "Well, is there anything that needs to be explained or shall we depart?"

Nodding to the player who called himself Astora, Nikodemus looked around and saw Seul coming forward. "I only seek to help. In any way I can." Hailing Seul, Nikodemus then checked his inventory and assured himself he was ready for to take the battle to the boss. "I am ready to go now, if you both are. The boss isn't too hard, and I am sure Seul and I will finish it quickly." With that, Nikodemus took the large one handed axe from it's chain and then took his shield from his back. Nudging the large raven on his shoulder with his armored head, Nikodemus looked it in the glowing azure eyes. "Go Typhus. Take to the skies and keep close." With that, the jet black raven flapped it's wings twice and then took flight, soaring high into the sky and then circling the town.

"I'm ready as well." The knight couldn't help but remember his own adventures throughout the game each time he embarked on this particular quest. When he left the Starting City on that fateful day, his fight would be against the field boss. Though... He barely even scratched it while letting Takao carry him through the battle. Since then he's killed it an additional three times for other various players and this would mark the fifth. How the times had changed, but despite being where he was today, it wasn't enough. He had to keep growing for the sake of everyone he cared about.

The kitsune mask on the side of his head was brought down to conceal his face and the hood of the crimson cloak was pulled up as well. While turning on his heel he motioned for Astora and Nikodemus to follow as he was certain he could walk to the spawn point of the boss with his eyes closed by now.

Solaire smiled at the two knights before him, looking forward to an adventure amongst the small party of men. "Ad victoriam," he said simply and turned and began walking down the streets towards the gates. "Sadly, I do not have a fancy mask or majestic bird; however, my blade is sharp and that is all the blessing I could ask for." He turned back to the two men behind them, looking over their well-equipped characters that indicated the skill gap between them. "Since you two have progressed much farther than me in this game I have a few questions. First, do you have any advice on how to survive this death game? I would rather not die at such a young age." He was feeling a bit anxious since this would be his first true fight in the game and he had decided to try and tackle a field boss. Not a small task for a beginner player but he was certain he would make it through. That was why he had asked for some help, just to increase the odds that he would make it out of this quest alive.

Walking along side Seul and just behind Astora, Nikodemus heard him ask a question about survival. With a quirk of his head, Nikodemus then cleared his throat and spoke. "Easy. Keep do quests to gain Experience, befriend some players, and find a Smith or Tailor and get some armor and a good weapon. I am a Blacksmith, I know of another named Mack, and a Tailor named Ariel. Also, Alchemists. Get acquainted with Alchemists... They have potions that will help. Most charge alot... so getting a profession and making money is good... But a few up us understand the plight we're in and will occasionally work with low level players, even giving free armor and weapons and potions occasionally. Mack has done so for a time, now that my shop is better stocked, I shall be doing the same. Occasionally Zandra or another Alchemist will give some basic potions away." Looking to Seul, Nikodemus realized he didn't know if the young man had a profession or not. "I am unsure if Seul is a craftsman or not. He may have advice on other trades and professions. As for staying alive... Stay on the lower floors for a bit... I just made my first venture to floor 13 recently, and that is the highest I have been. My best advice is get leveled and geared, and stay with a party for a good portion of it."

Seul listened to the two talk as they all walked, staying silent for a good portion of the conversation until he was addressed. "Yeah... I have a profession." He said while retrieving the ocarina he kept on his belt to hold up for the others to see. "I'm a performer. There aren't many of us around. If you want to stay alive I suggest thinking about how you want to play for endgame if you haven't already started. There's no way to reset skills that we know of yet, so if you mess up your build you're stuck. Also, don't be dumb and fight things that are more powerful than you." 

Solaire listened as the two spoke and nodded slowly. Quest a whole bunch, stick with people, don't be stupid. He was pretty sure he could follow that guideline. As for a profession... He was certain that being a smith was more his style of work but he was also certain that the profession was probably over-done. He would have to think over that some more at a later time. Then, concerning Seul's advice on levelling... He had some thinking to do later on about what he wanted to do. He had a vague idea already but having a more concrete plan seemed to be smart. "Why, thanks for the advice. I will be sure to follow it carefully." He smiled back at the two of them. "I appreciate what you two are doing for me." With that Solaire turned back and looked up at the gates which were looming close, leading to the fields where they would find the monster he wished to slay. "So, how should we go about fighting this monster? You two seem familiar with the boss so I guess you will take the lead. I will do my best not to get in the way too much."

Edited by Giant Dad

Scanning his eyes across the oncoming fields, Nikodemus sought the tale tale signs of the <<Wind Wasp>>s and their queen. The audible buzzing was faint on the breeze so far and none were visible in the distance. Hearing Astora mention the boss, Nikodemus looked over to Seul then answered. "In my experience, the pest didn't spawn until a bunch of the smaller ones were killed. After that, it was simple. Since Seul and I are higher up, I am sure either of us will deal a fatal blow to the beasts quick, including the queen. Just keep back and let us do most the swinging, we will generate Hate, or Aggro as some call it, and then even if you strike the <<Wind Wasps>> they will not retaliate against you, opting to sting us instead. Since Seul has a hate generating skill, he can use it first to garner a good amount of hate off the bat, then I can swing in and do some damage and generate the next amount, then you can swing and generate a normal amount. We just need to make sure that the beasts die quick, and that you do not generate more hate than either Seul or I."

(OOC: You can edit in your own stats and I'll control the mobs if that's cool-)

The knight simply nodded as Nikodemus had covered the basics of combat with his explanation. It'd be an easy victory for them no doubt and with that in mind he didn't waste any time with making his way in the direction of the buzzing. Eventually they'd arrive at the clearing where the boss would spawn. Many of the minor wasps bumbled through the air and for a moment he almost felt bad for them since a few of them would be meeting an untimely demise at the hands of the trio. He didn't even need to draw his dagger as the monsters posed no threat. Seul would walk into the center of a nearby wasp cluster and activate <<Howl>>. The bugs must have been caught off guard by his sudden yelling as they all turned to attack, but each stinger was intercepted by the boy's shield in the end. "The queen should spawn after these things are dead."

BATTLE START | BATTLE THEME

Party

• [H: 3] Seul
    • 133/133 HP | 32/32 EN | 79 MIT | [Howl: +3 Hate]
  • [H: 0] Nikodemus
    • ??/?? HP | ??/?? EN
  • [H: 0] Solaire (Giant Dad)
    • ??/?? HP | ??/?? EN

Enemy

• Wind Wasp (x4)
    • 8/8 HP | 6 DMG

Rolls

• ID: 60212
  • BD: N/A
  • MD: 2 (Blocked)
Edited by Seul
Forgot the ID number.

(OOC: I like that song xD Hit the link and greatly enjoyed it. +rep for good tastes. Thanks so much for the howl O.o)

Solaire led his small party into the fields, the buzzing of wasp's wings easily heard on the still air. Solaire went ahead and drew his two-handed sword from his back, gripping the sword in his strong hands. He watched as Seul took a few steps ahead of the group, right into the middle of a group of wasps, and began roaring. Whatever special ability that had been it greatly agitated the beasts and they immediately attack the man. Seul managed to catch all the stingers on his shield as they came in, an impressive feat with the four wasps having surrounded him. With a nod, Solaire charged forward and readied an attack. Nathan ran up to one of the wasps while it was focused on the man in the middle of the group and raised his sword into the sky. With a glitter of sunlight upon his blade and a most righteous yell he brought the blade down on the poor bug, a huge blow that sent the beast flying through the air and crashing to the ground. The wasp picked itself up off the ground with its large wings and seemed to be buzzing angrily as it tried to decide to attack Solaire or the yelling man. Obviously, the system was pulling the wasp's attention to the man because even with that mighty blow it went to go join its brothers in the attack.

Spoiler

Party

• 133/133 HP | 32/32 EN | 79 MIT | [Howl: +3 Hate]
  • [H: 0] Nikodemus
    • ??/?? HP | ??/?? EN
  • [H: 2] Solaire (Giant Dad)
    • 4/4 HP | 0/1 EN  (-1)

Enemy

• Wind Wasps 1
    • 5/8 HP
  • Wind Wasps (x3)
    • 8/8 HP

Rolls

• BD:10

Edited by Giant Dad

With the <<Wind Wasps>> focused on Seul, Nikodemus watched Astora strike one of the beasts for a good amount of damage. As the creature rose once more on unsteady wings, Nikodemus brought his axe behind him and focused all his might on it. Pushing off with his right foot, he charged toward the 4 <<Wind Wasps>>, his black axe blade glowing with a sickly emerald color. When he got within 2 steps of them, Nikodemus brought his axe around in a cruel arc allowing the energy stored within to release and slice through all of the <<Wind Wasps>> bodies. As it did, they shrieked in pain and then burst into pixels, leaving nothing behind. Looking to Seul, he nodded and prepared himself once more for battle.

Spoiler

ID# 60301 results:

Battle: 10 Crit. +2

Sword Art: Crescent thrush - AoE -  1x2 - (4 Energy)

My DMG: 5 + 2 = 7 X 1 x 2 = 14 DMG

Party

• 133/133 HP | 32/32 EN | 79 MIT | [Howl: +3 Hate]
  • [H: 2] Nikodemus
    • 88/88 HP | 18/22 EN | MIT: 47 (7+13+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 5 (1+1+3)
    • 4/4 HP | 0/1 EN  (-1)

Enemy

• Wind Wasps (x4) DED
    • 0/8 HP

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

(OOC: I aim to please; good music always adds a little extra ambience to scenes. xD)

The others made short work of the underlings but despite the speedy kills their fight wasn't over quite yet. Seul turned his attention skyward and in a stream of light the field boss had finally arrived. The queen descended from her throne in the sky with her large wings beating frantically to keep her gigantic form afloat. Her red eyes flicked about the party with what Seul could only assume was anger since the trio had killed off some of her babies. Still, he had a job to do. With his voice raised he activated Howl once more to ensure the others wouldn't be placed in harm's way and following the war cry the sprang into action. She was flying right toward him and he had told his ground, but the monster was lucky as she managed to slip her stinger past his shield to land a clean but minor hit on him that simply pushed him back a few inches from the impact.

Spoiler

Party

• [H: 6] Seul
    • 132/133 HP | 32/32 EN | 79 MIT | [Howl: +3 Hate]  (-1 HP)
    • 88/88 HP | 18/22 EN | MIT: 47 | Thorns: 14 | DMG 5 
    • 4/4 HP | 0/1 EN 

Enemy

• Wasp Queen
    • 50/50 HP | 12 DMG

Rolls

• ID: 60378
  • BD: N/A
  • MD: 9 | 12 + 1 DMG - 79 MIT = 1 DMG

•  
Edited by Seul
Spoiler

Party

• 132/133 HP | 32/32 EN | 79 MIT | [Howl: +3 Hate]  (-1 HP)
    • 88/88 HP | 18/22 EN | MIT: 47 | Thorns: 14 | DMG 5 
  • [H: 3] Solaire (Giant Dad)
    • 4/4 HP | 0/1 EN | 2 DMG

Enemy

• Wasp Queen
    • 48/50 HP | 12 DMG

Rolls

• ID: 60401
  • BD: 7

Solaire watched as Nikodemus ran in, whirling his axe around like the ancient Norse beserkers, and absolutely decimated the group of wasps. He smiled slightly, happy with the easy victory over the smaller enemies. Now onto the Queen and they would soon be done. Solaire looked up at the sky and watched as the queen descended upon their group and charged forward. He charged forward with Seul, not wanting to be behind at all even if it placed him in danger, and as soon as he saw Seul's guard slip he charged in, the large blade wielded high once more. Solaire brought the blade down in a diagonal slash, cutting across the Queen's abdomen right above the stinger which had just slightly injured Seul. After he recovered himself from the weight of his large sword he backed off slightly, not stupid enough to stick around and wait to be hit. Rather he called out to Nikodemus, "Come Sir Nikodemus, it is your turn to smite the foe!" Solaire backed off quite a bit, not really expecting there to be much enemy left for him to fight once his two comrades landed their attacks. He had watched Nikodemus absolutely decimate the smaller ones and Seul was supposed to be stronger. He would be lucky to get the chance to strike again.

Edited by Giant Dad

Bringing his axe behind him, the large armored giant charges a Sword Art. Once the blade of his black axe began to glow a sickly emerald green color, he leapt into the air higher than the queen was hovering. Bringing his axe up over his head, Nikodemus began to descend just above the <<Wind Wasp Queen>>. Emerald wisps of smoke coiled from the blade and he dropped. With a strong swing, he brought his axe over his head and down before him, letting his weight add to the swing. As the blade hit the <<Wind Wasp Queen>>, the built up energy burst from the blade and it drug the axe through the vermin, following the path of lightning. As he fell to the ground, the <<Wind Wasp Queen>> shrieked and began to spasm and slammed into the ground.

ID# 60402 results:

Battle: 5 + 1 = 6 hit

Sword Art: Lightning Axe – 3x2 - (6 Energy)

DMG: 5 x 3 x 2 = 30 DMG

Spoiler

Party

• 132/133 HP | 32/32 EN | 79 MIT | [Howl: +3 Hate]  (-1 HP)
    • 88/88 HP | 13/22 EN | MIT: 47 | Thorns: 14 | DMG 5 

Enemy

• Wasp Queen
    • 18/50 HP | 12 DMG

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

As the queen stung him the others used the opportunity to attack her and knock her health into the red zone. Once Nikodemus grounded her the knight saw no reason to prolong the inevitable demise of the boss. A quick glance up at his health bar indicated that it had restored back to full thanks to his healing enhancement and so he casually strolled over to the monster while finally unsheathing his dagger. The miniature blade adopted a faint, blue glow which signaled the activation of a sword art that'd land two swift stabs into the wasp's form. The queen exploded into pixels only a brief moment later and in her place was the <<Matriarch's Stinger>> which Seul promptly picked up to toss in Solaire's direction. "Well, that was easy."

Spoiler

Party

• [H: 8] Seul
    • 133/133 HP | 30/32 EN | 79 MIT | [Holy Blessing: +18 HP]
  • [H: 3] Nikodemus
    • 88/88 HP | 13/22 EN | MIT: 47 | Thorns: 14 | DMG 5 

Enemy

• Wasp Queen
    • -0/50 HP | 12 DMG (-26 HP)

Rolls

• ID: 60405
  • BD: 9
    • Sword Art: Side Bite | -2 EN | 12 + 1 x 2 = 26 DMG

Edited by Seul

So, Solaire had guessed correctly in the strength of his companions. Watching the knight Nikodemus strike the insect with a godly power, which did a lot more damage than he had done, and then watching Seul finish it off as though it were nothing made Solaire realize just how much of a disparity there was in this game between the low-level players and even just mid level players. There was a really big need for him to get a whole lot stronger if he were going to make his mark on this game. The queen simply crumpled into pixels after the swift and crushing blows of his companions and Seul bent over and tossed something to him. "You two made that look way too easy, just thought I would say," he said as the item sailed towards him. Catching it in the air, Solaire realized it was the stinger of the mighty queen. "Surely one of you will accept this as a reward. I would really like to pay you two for your services to me." He looked up at the two knights before him, wondering what form of payment he could make for them having come and fought for him.

Waving the offer away, Nikodemus shook his head and sheathed his axe. "No reward needed. The experience was reward enough. I came to help, nothing more. Keep that. It may come in handy for you one day. Now that the vermin are dealt with, let us return to the safezone." With that, Nikodemus turned and began heading through the large field they were in toward the safezone. His mind had drifted slightly and then he looked to Astora once more. "If you need any more help, do not be afraid to ask for it. I will lend my support at anytime."