[Complete] [PP-F6] Byakko Bashing <<Deforestation>> (Takao)(Calrex)

As the spearman sat around the central plaza of Amazon, a peculiar smirk was stuck permanitly on the dragoons face. The Amazonian NPC's were great eye candy even though the man knew they could be nothing more than just that. "What a shame..." he muttered under his breath as he kept on the look out for his party member to arrive. He would be tackling the new field boss that had sprung up with the new update with @Takao. He had become accustomed to training with the vagabond swordsman as of late. Takao had been one of the strongest in Aincrad at this point, and his knack for finding the best hunting grounds had made the company even more alluring. Raising his right hand, he opened his menu and checked the time. "Guess he should be arriving any moment now."

Edited by Lawfer

It was truly astonishing how often an information broker would tip him off regarding the supposed locations of some dungeons that just so happened to be nearby quest bosses. It was even more astonishing how often he was coincidentally asked to aid somebody with the particular quest the dungeon just so happened to be located by. The light of an impending warp atop the aptly named platform appeared, and Takao stepped through. His eyes quickly adjusted to the light of the jungle and he descended the steps to the central plaza, glancing from one side to the next as he reached the last of the stairs. He spotted Lawfer sitting nearby and tucked his hands into his pockets as he approached. "Hey, Lawfer. Y'ready to go?"

Raising his right hand, and gestured a wave. "Hey Takao! Yeah i'm ready lets get out of here buddy." He commented as he stood up. Using his right hand, he opened his inventory and equipped his lancer set of equipment. As the scarlet armor materialized over his body he began walking next to Takao. "How are things going?" He asked as he looked over to the brunette as they passed through the wide walkways of the Amazonian village. As the reached the end of the safe zone, the dragoon motioned with his head to continue. "DO you know where the new field boss is? Or do we just get to explore until we find it?" He asked.

Takao waited silently for Lawfer to equip his armour, then turned and began making his way toward one of the settlement's gates when he was finished. In recent times, Takao hadn't dared to leave his half-cafe half-home on the third floor without being fully equipped. Player Killers were sprouting up like weeds, and whatever semblances of trust he once had in the general populace had long since waned. It seemed like the players were more at war with themselves than they were with Aincrad. "Things are goin'... alright." He said flatly, and didn't press the topic further. "It's hard to miss. The entire portion of the forest is completely burnt down, and it'll be wandering around that section."

It was obvious that something was amiss in the mental state of his partner, but the spearman figured it wouldn't be the time to bring anything up. Rumors had been circulating as of late about the previous boss raid, and the one before, it didn't take a logical person much to realize that people would change. Then the brunette continued on about the location of the field boss. "Makes sense, when I start seeing ash we are close... got it." He replied as they continued to walk throughout the jungle. The humidity and heat were nothing to scoff at, but the spearman was reminded of his own travels to rain forests in the real world. "Yo Tak, you ever been to an actual rainforest?" He asked out of left field, as he pushed aside a hanging vine. 

With the first step taken outside of Amazon's gates, Takao reached back over his shoulder and hefted his sword free of its scabbard. Safe zones were aptly named, they provided players with a haven from the hells that awaited them in the wilderness. But they were fair game once they stepped out of the settlement's safety, and it seemed as though it was open season on front liners as of late. Of course, he wasn't a player killer, and to stoop to their level at any capacity seemed like the worst possible scenario. The sword he held in his hand was for protection, not for murder. His grip tightened and the leather wraps on the sword handle creaked as his eyes idly scanned from one side to the next. "No." He said, keeping a steady forward pace. "Some friends and I used to mess around in the woods behind our school, but that's 'bout as close as I got. You?"

Lawfer had spent the last few years traveling and had seen sights similar to this jungle but the differences were quite obvious. "I've spent time in both Latin America and Southeast Asia so I'm sort of accustomed to them, but I've never been in anything this dense and overgrown... Leave it to Kayaba to go over the top on these sorts of things." The spearman stated with a slight smirk. As the two continued to venture further and further into the jungle, the smell of smoke and ash became apparent enough for the dragoon to reach over his shoulder and grasp his spear. "Judging by the smell we are getting closer." He commented as he turned his head and looked over to the brunette. "I'll take first crack at it, and leave clean up to you." He jested as he watched the huge jungle cat leap towards them.

Pulling his Highwind back to begin the premotion for his sword art, Lawfer activated <charge> and cut the distance between the two to nil. <Southern Imperial Cross> engaged and peppered the beast four times and a final thrust knocked the massive feline over stunning it. "Ok Tak! Its ready for you."

ID: 60093
BD: 7+3=10
MD:Stunned
SA Used: Imperial Southern Cross -13EN = 12+3 = 15*10=150-40=90 DMG + Stun

[H:1] Lawfer: 136/136 [21/34] -13EN
[H:1] Mack: 249/249 [61/61] 

Byakko: 60/150 [40 Mit, 48 DMG (on MD 9-10 take half DMG regardless of Mit) [Stunned]

Edited by Lawfer

"That's pretty cool, actually." Takao said as his hand flexed and he idly turned the blade in his palm. "A few friends and I were planning on traveling to the States after high school. I was gonna check out my dad's hometown in Newfoundland while were over there too. So... Not much in the way of jungles, I guess." He continued, topping off his response with a shrug. Sword Art Online had taken a heavy toll on his life, as was to be expected. He often staved off the thought of what it would take to readjust to normal life if he could help it.

Before long, the stench of burnt wood and the appearance of ash fluttering through the air gave clear indication on what was to come. Before long, the monster he had faced once before leapt from its resting place to engage them. Lawfer took the initiative and stunned the monster first, making way for Takao to finish it off. Opting for a sword art in his arsenal that rarely saw use, Takao closed the distance between himself and Byakko, then unleashed a rapid barrage of seven thrusts into its weakened form. The beast shattered into polygons an instant later, and the simple quest was completed.

"Right then. We'll have t'do a bit of walking to get to the dungeon."

ID: 60521
BD: 3 + 3(ACC)

Takao: 253/253 (55/62) (-7)
Sword Art: «Deadly Sins»
Damage: 13(Base) + 5(Charge) = 18 * 7(SA) = 126 DMG

Byakko: 0/150 (126 - 40(MIT) = -86HP)

Edited by Takao

Lawfer watched as the swordsman quickly and simply dispatched the remaining life of the beast then sheathed his sword. The dragoon continued in kind by sliding his spears strap over his shoulder. "Well I guess that's whats to be expected from a field boss on the 6th floor." He commented with a slight smirk on his face as he began following Takao towards the possible dungeon. Thinking back to the swordsman's comments prior to the attack, "Newfoundland... That's in Canada right?" He asked as he pushed aside some of the shrubbery that barred his path. "If you plan on heading up there, try to head up to Quebec. The women there are beautiful, lots of fun if you're gonna be heading there with your buddies."

Takao started off in the direction of the prospective sub-dungeon after confirming that Lawfer was following behind him, although he kept his sword in hand when Lawfer sheathed his spear. He shrugged the comment off and kept his gaze forward, glancing from one side of the jungle to the other as he trudged through its unpleasant landscape. "Most of the field bosses aren't really anything difficult." He responded, his words nothing more than an idle comment. "It's in Canada, yeah. East coast, right beside Quebec actually. I had a few online friends who lived in Montreal, so we were gonna end up checkin' the city out anyway. I doubt those plans will hold up after this is all done and over with though." He said, idly twisting the sword in his hand again. It was a hard reality to face, but for those that did manage to escape from Sword Art Online, their lives would undoubtedly never be the same.

Nodding his head in agreement, the dragoon picked up his pace to catch up. Lawfer watched as his companion fiddled with his sword. "Yeah, being stuck in here tends to put a damper on plans.... Well when we get out of here, I think I'll join you in Montreal. Its been too long since I've been there." He stated, inviting himself seemed like a great idea to lighten the mood a bit. "But I have to warn you, if we go, we are getting separate rooms... The last thing I want to do is be kept up all night from your non-stop chatter... Plus... french Canadian women... The Filles Du Roi... need I say more." Letting out a slight chuckle the spearman, raised his left hand and patted the swordsman on the shoulder. "But in reality, when we get out of here i'll pay you back for helping me."

"Pay me back?" Takao asked, a tone of confusion clear in his words. "Lawf, man. If we're doin' all this questin' stuff to get you on the frontlines, then I'm not doin' you any favours. If anything, I should be apologizing." He said, shaking his head. "Boss raids are hell. They're the biggest things you'll ever see, and they're always surrounded with dozens of monsters. On top of that, now you've got the threat of other players stabbin' you in the back. There's no reason to pay me back for anythin'." Takao finished and set his gaze forward again. Without checking his map and going simply off landmarks he recognized in the sporadic jungle, Takao gestured forward. "The dungeon should be up around here somewhere."

The blonde simply chuckled at the his partner when he dismissed the debt that Lawfer felt. "You're right about a few things, I havent experienced a boss yet but I'm not worried about that part. I guess thats where you and I differ... But that doesn't mean that once we are out of here I wont want to meet up, and celebrate our victory over this game. After something as big as this, we all deserve to live a little whether that is going up to Canada and seducing beautiful women or getting drunk off our asses. I prefer doing both at the same time... That's why I just decided that I'm gonna drag you to Montreal... We owe it to ourselves to live our life, both in here and out there." Pausing for a moment he looked ahead through the burnt treeline. "So just accept the fact that I'm grateful for you helping me, and leave it at that big guy. And try this thing called optimism... It does wonders" As Lawfer finished he let out a hefty laugh then a smirk was painted across his face.

Takao exhaled a breath through his nostrils in a huff and chuckled lightly. "I guess it's decided then, I'll be seein' Montreal." He said, eyes set forward despite addressing Lawfer. They closed for a moment, then reopened after taking on a silver hue to signify the activation of the reveal skill. The discovery of the dungeon took less than a minute, and upon locating the hidden entrance, Takao pulled his arm back and swiped away a line of thick vines with a single motion. They disappeared as shards of data, revealing the dark dungeon entryway.

"Well, there it is." Takao said, blinking again to deactivate the skills. "D'you mind if I get Calrex in on this? I don't have my good armour on 'cause of my gloves, and it'd be nice to have a meat shield."

- -

Advanced Dungeon found.

ID

LD
18 + 5(S&D) + 3(HoM) + 2(Reveal) + 1(Detect)

"Hm? What's this?"

Calrex gave a look down as he made his way through the unpaved streets of the settlement of Amazon, seeing that a message had arrived, "From Takao...I wonder what it is this time around?"

Swiping with his index and middle finger he summoned his menu and went to his inbox, pulling up the message. From what the contents said, it appeared that he and Lawfer were nearby, inviting him to take on another dungeon. He gave a small smirk before giving a quick reply, making his way over, "Roc, time to go to work."

In a flash of light his blue peregrine familiar materialized in the sky above him, soaring ahead as the Ultramarine Knight pulled up his tracker to lock onto the brunette's current location. It wasn't long before he saw both the fellow one-handed straight sword user and two-handed spearman come into sight, giving a wave as he arrived, "Hey guys, thanks for the invite. I'm guessing we're got another advanced dungeon on our hands?"

Looking over at Calrex,the blonde raised his hand and waved. "Seems like that Cal." He responded with  slight smirk. All he could think about was the lovely amount of SP that he would receive. Reaching up, he pulled down his half visor. "Since we are on the 6th floor, I'll go ahead and head down first to start clearing out some of the mobs." He commented before turning to the entrance of the dungeon. As he placed his first step inside, the wall torches began to light up one by one with an eerie purple flame. 

As the lights reached the bowels of the cave, the distinct roars reverberated back. "Guess they know I'm here." He commented as he watched the dark bodies of the pack of mobs come barreling through the passageway. Pulling his Highwind off his shoulder, he activated <Charge> and cut the mobs off at the pass. <Hellish Twice> engaged and with two quick slashes, the shadow panthers exploded into blueish pixels. 

ID: 61089
BD: 9+3= +1 Cit DMG
MD:Dead

LD: 19= +4 Mats

SA Used: Hellish Twice -8EN = 12+3 +1 = 16*4= 64DMG+AOE

Lawfer: 136/136 [27/34] -8/+1

Shadow Panther: 0/24   

Edited by Lawfer

"'ey Cal. Congratulations!" Takao said as he waved. "The committee of dungeon hunting has selected you to be its meat shield. What an honour." He continued with clear hints of sarcasm in his voice, smirking slightly at the azure-themed Knight. "We're just about to head in, figured you might wanna tag along for the extra experience. Gonna need all we can get for this boss raid." He said, gesturing with a motion of his head toward the entrance of the dungeon that Lawfer had entered. Takao followed suit and delved into the jungle themed labyrinth, the sounds of battle ringing clear through the halls and into his ears. With torches set alight with purple flame, their path forward was clearly marked, and also clearly obstructed by small hordes of monsters. As Lawfer disposed of one group, Takao set about engaging the next, and leapt forward using a mixture of a sword art and his charge skill to initiate combat. The result was four monsters erupting into colourful fragments of data a few mere seconds later.

ID: 61092
BD: 7 + 3(ACC)

Takao: 257/257 (59/63) (-4)
Sword Art: «Rage Spike»
Damage: 13(Base) + 5(Charge) = 18 * 2(SA) = 36 DMG

Shadow Panther: 0/24 (-36HP)

7/15 Remaining

Upon his arrival Calrex looked as he saw both of his teammates immediately dive into the dungeon, with him barely passing through before the entrance closed behind him, "Geezes that was close..."

Drawing the Grand Blade II he quickly followed up after Lawfer and Takao's attacks as he rolled into a crouch, readying <<Rage Spike>> before shooting forward like a rocket, executing the Sword Art as he shot through another four creatures, piercing through as they burst into crystals, "Well, that was quick enough. Just a few more to go and we should be all set."

ID: 61214
BD: 7 + 3(ACC)
MD: 7 - 2 (EVA)

Calrex: 295/295 (61/65) 
Sword Art: «Rage Spike»
Damage: 13(Base) + 4(Charge) = 17 * 2(SA) = 34 DMG

Shadow Panther: 0/24 (-34HP)

3/15 Remaining

Trailing right behind the Ultramarine knight, a streak of scarlet and gold glowed throughout the dungeon, as the massive two-sided Highwind tore through get another group of Shadow cats. As they exploded and their purple polygonal pixels danced in the air momentarily before dissolving into nothingness, the blonde spearman turned to his comrades. "So i think that is all of them. You guys ready to move forward and finish off this dungeon?" He asked with smirk plastered on his face. "I think its this way. Tak... you want first crack at it?" 

ID: 61423
BD: 9+3= +1 Cit DMG
MD:Dead

LD: 4

SA Used: Hellish Twice -8EN = 12+3 +1 = 16*4= 64DMG+AOE

Lawfer: 136/136 [20/34] -8/+1

Edited by Lawfer

"Yup, let's get this wrapped up." Takao said, rolling his neck as he approached the doors. With his off-hand, he reached up and placed his palm against the wooden surface, tensing his arm to slowly force the doors open. The miniature floor boss-esque entryway opened and the torches inside illuminated the dark, circular boss room. Standing in the middle, glaring toward the three with glowing red eyes, was a large black panther several times their own size. Using the «Charge» skill to cover distance quickly and the strongest sword art available to him in his current arsenal, Takao launched into the first attack and tore through the monster's midnight-black fur with eleven deft strikes, leaving massive glowing red wounds in the wake of his sword.

ID: 61246
BD: 5 + 3(ACC)

Takao: 257/257 (49/63) (+1/-11)
Sword Art: «Meteor Break»
Damage: 13(Base) + 5(Charge) + 1(Ferocity) = 19 * 11(SA) = 209 DMG

Guenhwyvar: 211/420 (-36HP)