[PP-NK-F9] Hot Dogs (Lawfer) (Nikodemus_Blackwood) (Opal)

Who knew the ninth floor was literally the hottest place ever? "So I'm going to fight Cerberus huh? And he has three heads... I really need to stop soloing quests like these!" Ventus sounded more unsure of himself than ever, perhaps that whole Ratatosk ordeal messed him up a bit. "Well, change is for the better, that's what they normally say." The blonde unsheathed his sword and did a little trick with it, however he preferred to spin around knives instead. "Wonder if I'll meet any new friends today, or see some old ones." But all wondering could do was bring rise to dreams, he was often called stargazer back in school, mostly cause he was quite the dreamy kid.

Edited by Ratatosk

Nikodemus stood cursing himself. He had thought there was no floor hotter or more arid than the desert of floor 5. With a sigh, Nikodemus found himself standing on floor 9, literally a pit of fire. Grumbling, Nikodemus walked about, his armor deflecting the heat while he was in the safezone. With his axe hanging from it's chain and his shield on his back, he looked around for anyone he knew. He had hopes of striking out to slay the field boss on this floor, but did not wish to do so alone, as he was sure the beast would probably overpower him. Walking about, he noticed someone he recognized. The young blonde he knew as Ratatosk was standing a few feet from him. Moving towards him, he raised a hand and spoke. "Hello there!"

"I hate the taste of this floor...." the golden haired spearman said aloud as he scanned the central plaza of Vulcan city. He had come to this floor previously to clear a few field bosses, but every-time he wished that he didn't need to be there. Between the heat, the environment and the mobs, there was nothing appealing to this floor except he had received some information that he needed to verify. Typically, Vulcan City was hardly visited but the Dragoon spotted a pair of players that seemed somewhat out of place. "Well this is new... Most players tend to steer clear of this floor because of the heat." The blonde spearman stated as he walked over to the two. One was a shorter blonde teen, and the other was encumbered by a thick set of armor. Judging by the fact that he hadn't seen the two before, the dragoon deduced that they were here for leveling, and with the growing number of player killers as of late, he couldn't turn a blind eye. "Hey Guys. I'm Lawfer, if you two are heading out into the wilds, mind if I tag along? I need to handle some business out there and there is always a sense of security with numbers." he asked.

"Hey Niko! What's up?" 'Ratatosk' as most would call him seemed a bit different, but Ventus shared the same memories as the red-eyed hothead that was once him. "You up for a quest? I know it's a bit rude to ask you that sort of question this early but... Sorry... I really need someone else to help me fight a three headed dog." He seemed a lot shyer than usual, maybe he got a cold? "Oh yeah, how's your blacksmithing doing? I hope you are doing your best, just like I said last time." The blonde smiled and remembered the first time he met him, man were those some good times. He then turned over to Lawfer and had to absorb what he said quickly, "Uhh... YEAH! WE DEFINITELY NEED HELP!"

Edited by Ratatosk

Looking at the young blonde, Nikodemus smiled beneath his helmet. Something was different with him, but then again something was different with Nikodemus. In the month or so since he and Ratatosk had partied last, he had got a grasp on his insanity a bit more under control. Nodding softly, Nikodemus began to speak. "Yea. Sure. I was actually here for a quest to so if we can get it done, then lets do it!" With that, Nikodemus greeted the gentleman who approached them. "Hello herr Lawfer. Nice to meet you. It would be great if you would join us. We could each deal with this quest pretty quickly,"

OOC: Sorry about the late reply... Work has been killing me.

Raising his right hand, the dragoon opened his interface and selected the party option. Sending the requests to his two companions he smiled, "Ok that makes us set for the party. Now all we need to do is make the trip and kill whatever we need to do." He finished as he switched over from his party screen to his inventory. Selecting his Lancer set of equipment, his body was engulfed in a set of crimson armor and his Highwind materialized over his shoulder. "I'm ready when you two are. I'll provide back up but I do plan on getting a little hunting done by myself if time will allow."

Ventus nodded, "Alright, so the boss we want to fight is in a volcano or something. But the thing is... IT'S SUPER HOT IN THERE!" Despite the blonde wearing no-sleeved armor it was still incredibly hot. Good thing you couldn't sweat in the game. "But uhh... I can fight and deal a good amount of damage. So your name is Lawfer? I'm Ventus, but you can just call me Ratatosk." (Gonna poop out a **** post because I'm a bit busy)

Listening to Ratatosk, Nikodemus looked around for a moment and then sighed. "If there is anything I hate more than sand.... It's heat... I hear there is a weird elemental effect much like Floor 5. Is that true?" Looking around he dug into his pocket and grabbed a couple items from them and prepared them. The first thing he had was a Snow Frost Potion, the other a damage buff potion. Using them both, Nikodemus then equipped his axe and prepared himself for the fight to come.

"Its good to meet you Verat." He commented as he let out a quick chuckle. He had enjoyed making nicknames for people, whether it was proper or not was really out of the question, but it wouldn't stop him. Turning back to the iron clad warrior, Lawfer smiled. "Yeah its true, I hope you have the survival extra ability. But, if you don't that will be ok, we can get there quickly if we take this path." He paused momentarily to raise his hand and point in the direction of the route they would take. "We have two options for the fight. You two can go first and try to brave the brunt of the attack of the hound, or you can let me kill it in 1 hit. Just let me know what you want to do." He finished his statement as he began walking towards the safe zone exit, then onto the less traveled path to the west, that would cut out significant travel time.

Ventus opened his HUD to see the map, "I have no idea where the boss for this quest is." He scratched his head in confusion, "Oh! And it'd be okay if you could finish it off with a single blow, at least for me... You s-see umm... I'm allergic to dogs..." The blonde's face became bright red when he made that statement, and he put his head down, I mean, who the hell is allergic to dogs? Especially hot dogs? "S-Sorry for being such a coward..."

Edited by Ratatosk

Hearing Ratatosk speak about the quest, Nikodemus looked at his map and then back at the young blonde. "Since I did not accept the quest from the NPC or job board, I wont have the marker, and I have only ventured to floor 9 to deal with some bandits. As for the slaying of the beast. I am sure we will make short work of it." With that, Nikodemus looked to Lawfer. "Do you happen to know where the dungeon is?" His eyes glanced about for a moment and then he focused once more on the 2 before him. 

Looking at the two warriors, the Dragoon smiled. "Yeah I've done this quest a few times so I'm very familiar with where the field boss  is. It takes some time to get there so just be weary of the heat and we will be good." He finished as he lead the party away from the safe zone. The path was not as treacherous as one might believe. The three encountered a few mobs along the way but they were easily dispatched. The day shifted to night and then back to day. Each of them were well prepared enough to handle the fluctuation of the heat as they drew ever nearer to the volcano that the hell hound called home.

Venturing deep into the cavern, Lawfer looked back to his companions. "Ok guys we have to deal with a few minor nuisances. I'll pull them all together on me, and kill a few then you guys finish them off." He commented as he pulled his Highwind off his shoulder. The luster of the black and puple spear, somewhat illuminated the dark cave. The sound of footsteps began to echo throughout. "Rrght on que." Lawfer commented with a slight smirk as the 4 pairs of red eyes descended upon them, Lawfer pulled his spear back and began the premotion for his attack. Lowering his stance, he pressed off of his back foot activating <charge> in a blinding flash he appeared before the four hounds. With two quick cleaves, <Hellish Twice> tore through the tiny hounds shattering them into purple blue pixels. 

"Ok guys only a few more. You're up!"  

ID: 60730
BD: 7+3=10
MD: 2
LD: 3

SA Used: Trip Expand -8EN l (12+3(charge)= 15*2*2= 60DMG+AOE

Lawfer: 140/140 l EN: 28/35 (-8/+1) 
Ratatosk: 92/92 l 23/23
Niko: 96/96 l 24/24

Hell Hound: 0/30

Edited by Lawfer

It sucked that Ventus didn't have enough damage dealing skills and sword arts like the frontliners, but he'd have to do with the standard (And best) one handed sword AoE sword art. "This one's for the fallen!" With a single slash he felled four hell hounds. "Huh? I DID IT!" It really was a long time since he was out on the battlefield, the last time he fought something was that mini boss a month ago. Then he went on hiatus for quite a while, but Ventus is going to make sure that he's stepping up his game.

ID# 60828

BD 10 (7+3) NO CRIT

MD 1

Lawfer: 140/140 l EN: 28/35
Ratatosk: 92/92 l 9/23

Damage: 9 (Base)  x 7 (Lightning Fall) = 63

Edited by Ratatosk

With a careful eye, Nikodemus watched the two warriors before him strike and slay 4 of the hounds with little to no worry. Nikodemus was a good fighter, and could hold his own well, but he was not one to deal the most insane amount of damage. Seeing the remaining lot of Hounds, Nikodemus brought his axe back and charged his <Tomahawk Thrust> Sword Art. As the blade of his weapon began to glow a sickly emerald green and small wisps of similar colored smoke rose from it, Nikodemus took two large, loping steps forward and then tossed his axe like a spinning boomerang. It arced around and then connected with the sides of each hound, piercing through and exiting in one fluid motion. After clearing the four remaining hounds, it rebounded back and into Nikodemus hand. Catching the blade, he watched each hound burst into pixels and vanish. "Well... Now for the hard part eh mates?"

ID# 60830 results:

Battle: 10 crit. +2.

Craft: 3

Loot: 4

MOB: 2 miss

Sword Art: Tomahawk thrust – 6*1 - AoE - (12 Energy)

My DMG: 6 + 2 = 8 x 6 x 1 = 42

Nikodemus: Lvl: 24 | 96/96 HP | Energy: 12/24 | MIT: 47 (7+13+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 6 (1+1+4)

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

As the last hound fell, a large howl shattered the silence of the cave. "Yeah the hard part is about to rear its ugly heads." The dragoon jested as he listened to the pounding of foot steps on the stone caves floor. Cerberus was a hefty beast, that was for sure, but it was a easy win for the spearman at this state in the game. "Ok guys take a step back." He stated as the two did as he asked and took a few steps back allowing the blonde to do his thing. As the pounding steps grew closer and closer, Lawfer lowered his level and pulled back his high wind begining his sword arts premotion. Three sets of blood red eyes and three mouths spewing fire became visible. <Charge> activated as he pushed off his back foot, and Lawfer found himself before the three headed beast. 

"Fall..." He stated coldly as <Trip Expand> activated and with one golden spinning slash, the three headed beast collapsed and shattered into purple polygons then dissolved. Turning his attention back to his companions, he smiled as he pushed his half-visor open. "Ok... Well thats done. You two ready to leave this cave?" he asked as he took the initiative and began walking back to the surface. It was now time for him to accomplish what he came to the floor to do. Chase down a rumor of a certain someone who had been elusive enough that rumors were the only bit of information that could be found.

ID: 60845
BD: 10+3=13 +2Crit DMG
MD: 2
LD: 3

SA Used: Trip Expand -12EN l (12+3(charge) +2(Crit)= 15*2*2= 60DMG+AOE

Lawfer: 140/140 l EN: 17/35 (-12/+1) 
Ratatosk: 92/92 l 23/23

Cerberus 0/75
Cerberus 0/75
Cerberus 0/75

Edited by Lawfer

ID: 60856
LD: 6+ 4+2 = 12 
Dungeon: OPAL!

Opal had been tagging the trio since the beginning of their adventure, yet she was not alone. Bringing with her to this ambush were four other likely initiates who wanted to become official members of the Laughing Coffin group, and yet to prove themselves, much like herself they had to kill a player or at least show worth in combat to do just that. Opal was also not quite a complete member herself, while had destroyed a certain player on one of the more recent floor raids, it had not been only a bittersweet victory for her. She had to collect another life, no thanks to Sensui and his bullshit rules for the guild. None the matter, the woman and her minions hid in the natural steamy fog of the Volcano floor. When they had come to the area of the ambush, the woman rolled a small black vial out towards them as it slowly started to leak mixing with the volcano steam. The black putrid fog twirled and mixed and became a difficult to see through the blanket of haze surrounding them. Then there was the laughter, disembodied laughs seemed to echo around the group as Opal and her minions stood up.

"Alright, if you want to prove yourselves...kill them all, but leave the Dragoon to me." As she stood, the woman's eyes glowed a violent violet. Her fingers wrapped around the hilt of her Masamune X as a long, purple single wing unfurled from her back and expanding outwards. With black lips curling into that smile of hers, she gave the command for them to attack and they did just as they were told. Kicking off the ground and starting the ambush, Opal weapon glowed ominously as she charged right for Lawfer. 

Sparks ignited from the metal on metal touch as their weapons collided. She had got so close to Lawfer and soon the black fog was slowly starting to disappear, however her dark aura of laughter continued just adding on to that foreboding feeling in their guts. While the Dragoon was entwined with Opal; her minions clashes swords with his party attempting to bring their HP down to zero. 

As Opal confronted Lawfer, she laughed and her eyes narrowed at him, "Hello there, Love. Miss me?"  She leaned back and parried the next attack by the Dragoon gaining some distance between the two. Laughing as she spoke, "It has been awhile hasn't it? I told you I would come back to hunt you down and here I am! Keeping my promise. Time to finish what I started...Die Lawfer!"

The earth almost bowled beneath her feet as she launched herself forward once more, that wicked black smile on her face never left as her boots hit the dirt ground as she made way towards her assailant. The blade of the Masamune now set a fiery purple glow, a sweep of her blade; then her fist turned purple as she gave the man a quick jab into the gut. The first two strikes signaling for her sword art; Ra Setsu. Landing on her right leg from the follow up attack, she twisted around with both hands on the hilt of her blade and slashed once more across his chest. 

She laughed as the man was sent flying several feet back, having time to flick white hair from off her shoulders. She looked to her left, her minions seemed to be faring poorly against the well versed in combat Ratatosk and Nikodemus. She cursed lightly under her breath; "Amateurs." Her attention was brought to Lawfer, "..Don't make this too easy on me now. I want your death to have meaning!" Once more she charged straight for him, sword in hand as if to thrust him in the belly.

OOC: So, RP combat. The Laughing Coffin initiates are all Orange Players. Ratatosk and Niko have permission to kill them if they so chose; or just drop them down to a level of HP they feel is comfortable without killing them. RP Combat may be done with whatever whim or fancy you so please, right now we are all pretty much on the same 'level' just have fun and build up some story and fun excitement! Unfortunately, no Dungeon. I can give it another shot unless you guys wanna end this sooner than later. :)

Edited by Opal

His blade and skill allowed him to easily overcome the orange players attacking him, but something inside of him told the boy not to kill these people. "That's right... Because they're... They're human too..." Then he saw a flash of light, "What?" And in a few seconds, his green eye color disappeared. They were back to their original red color, and along with that, the hot-headed Ratatosk. The blonde's awakening was very abrupt, "Oh no... You've gotta be kidding me!" How convenient to wake up to a faceful of sword.

((OOC: do we have to roll for attacks? Or just RP NVM... I am stupid and didnt read the OOC from Opal... DUR!))

Seeing Opal and 4 Laughing Coffin members burst from shadows, Nikodemus was shocked for a moment. Growling tried to step in to help Lawfer, but was blocked by two of the members, the other two blocking Ratatosk also. Seeing Opal fighting with Lawfer, Nikodemus growled and struck out at the two before him. Their icons matched his, Orange, and he could see murder in their eyes. Swinging his axe in an arc, he smashed it into one and activated a basic Sword Art, <Stunning Bash>, that knocked the man flat on his back and stunned him. The second initiate came in and struck at Nikodemus, but his armor deflected the blow. Growling, he backhanded the man across the face and leapt back a few feet. "Ratatosk! Are you ok?! Lawfer?!"

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

"Oh beautiful.... You made my job of coming to find you that much easier..." The scarlet dragoon stated as a smirk danced across his face before he was sent flying by the woman's blade. Slightly glancing back, the spearman remained confident that his companions would be able to handle the dregs of the woman, but he would need to remained focused on the task at hand. He knew all to well that the succubus of a woman had frightening combat prowess, and that one mistake would cost him his life. Shifting his weight onto his back foot, he gripped his Highwind tightly in his right hand. 

As the flash of white hair grew closer with blade drawn in lunge position, 'I need to stop the charge.' He thought to himself as the memory of a move that Raise showed him falshed through his mind. Bending his knees he leapt then initiated <Charge>. Flying through the air, a scarlet streak trailed behind him almost like an after image. Shifting his hips he began the fast steep descent, as he pointed the bident tip of his Highwind downwards .  As the dragoon descended quickly from the accelerated jump, his left hand grasped the handle of the spear, while his right hand remained free. The voluptuous woman, backpedaled immediately as the Dragoon crashed into the earth plunging his spear into the volcanic rock. 'I still have a little left...' his mind screamed as he released the spear completely and left the momentum of charge carry him forward. As he passed the woman, his right hand reached out and gripped firmly the tendrils of her hair. Snapping her upperbody backwards, while launching her feet up, "Have a nice trip Opal.." Lawfer stated as he began turning his upper body, and threw the woman. 

Watching as the woman smacked into the ground a few meters ahead of Lawfer, he turned back to his spear that had been planted in the ground. "You can keep trying to kill me Opal... But it wont work... Raise's training hasnt gone to waste..." He commented as he placed both hands on it he wrenched it from its resting place. As he felt the cold hard steel of the Masamune X at his back. '[censored].... I made a miscalculation...' He thought to himself as the slash of the blade launched him forward once again. Tucking his head, as he preformed a front roll, then wrenched his body back towards the murderous woman. Standing quickly, he released two high swings. The first was parried, then the second dodged.

As the villainous Opal swayed back to dodge the high attacks, Lawfer dropped low, as his Highwind glowed silver, and unleashed Trip Expand. A whirlwind of gold, silver and Scarlet spun viciously as the spear tripped up the load bearing legs of the woman, shooting them out from under her causing her to slam onto her back. Trying to capitalize on the situation, Lawfer used the momentum of the sword art to follow up with a hefty vertical downward slam of his spear aimed at the woman's exposed body.

ID: 61248
LD: 9+4+2 = 15

The struggle between the Light and the Dark had already begun. Opal's slashes became more infuriated and precise as the battle dragged on. She was meticulous when it came to this work, she honed herself with her blade for countless months becoming the calibre she was known for. Her violet eyes sat upon Lawfer, her blade screaming through the air as it nearly cut the long blonde hair of the Dragoon. She cursed under her breath when she missed his throat. Eyes glared and she whistled to the others, "This is getting no where. You fools can't even take down two pesky children. You are on your own!" 

The woman inverted her blade and slashed once more and twisted on her foot revealing a black vial. Crushing it between her fingers, the glass shattered and the steam of the volcanic area started to mix with the blackness of the liquid. Her voice cut through the darkness, "I have seen the faces of you friends. I will find them and slaughter them like sheep! Stay alive until then, Lawfer. Cause I will rip the world you know from your arms and give you nothing but despair!" 

One of the initiates was able to withdraw successfully from the battle, however, one of them was gravely injured by one of the other players. When the black fog was lifted he was on the ground, his eyes full of horror and beyond terrified. He was only a grunt and did not think this through, he had shamed himself and he would probably end up losing his life for it. 

OOC: Failed on the rolls, so maybe just call it a thread and collect the rewards?

Edited by Opal