[PP-NK-F5] My Precious.... <<Arabian Nights>> (Lowenthal)

Hikoru breathed and entered the tavern, sitting at the bar another night, drinking his sorrows away, and giving a small sigh as he ordered a drink and drank alone for a bit, and felt quite alone. He sighed and opened up his HUD, scrolling through the different players on his friends list, and sighed as he was about to give up, when a certain name appeared, one that he hadn't heard or seen in a long time, "Lowenthal." He smiled and opened up his name, shooting a message to grab a quick drink, and sighed, when he suddenly heard a quiet voice

"Hey, kid... You looking for some quick money?..." He heard, and he looked to see a man in the corner of the room, appearing to be drinking as well. he looked and saw that there was a large sack on the table next to him. He looked at him, and gave a small sigh, coming over and sitting next to him "What do you mean?" He asked, quite curious. "Well, if you can save my brother from a band of thieves, I would be most grateful, and i'd pay you kindly." He said, motioning towards the sack

Lowenthal stretched his arms above his head as he woke from his nap. Doing absolutely nothing made him tired, and he found himself taking constant naps through out the day. Another day where Shizuka had already cleaned the house, and gotten the chores done. Lowenthal sighed, and rubbed the back of his neck. The sun had already set upon Lowe's beach house, and casted it into a soft darkness. The sounds of the waves, washing up on the shore bringing it's salty scent filled Lowe with peace. But why was it that he still felt, useless. He jumped, and let out an audible gasp as he heard his notifcations go off. He opened his menu and read the message from Hikoru, asking him out for drinks. Lowenthal chuckled, and sent a message in return.

Lowenthal stood up and equipped his KotBO gear. It felt right, to be in his gear again. To have his dagger by his side. "Shiz hunny, I'm going out!" Lowenthal called out. "Going to hang out with Hikoru and some other friends I'll be home soon." Lowenthal said, before leaving his home and stepping onto the sandy shores outside. Lowenthal stepped into town, and teleported himself to floor five, where he met his friend. "Hey, Hikoru." Lowenthal said aloud, seeing the Master of Shadows. "How's the wife?" Lowenthal asked, happily.

Hikoru heard a ding, and looked to see that his friend had replied, and said he'd be there in a moment. He gave a small smile and sighed, looking back to the man he had just talked to moments before. He scanned the bag he was talking about, and saw that it really was full of Col, as the man said. He sighed and looked at the man, giving him a nod, and suddenly a Quest Popped up, asking if he'd like to accept. Before he could click, he was suddenly interrupted by the door of the tavern opening, and he looked to see his friend Lowenthal coming through the door. he moved the pop up screen to the side, and looked at his friend with a small smile.

"Good to see you old friend." He said, then nodded "As far as I know, she's doing fine... but i've been distant, for good reason...." he said with a small sigh, then looked back at the man, and he laughed "I'm actually going to do a quest. Would you like to tag along?" He asked, hoping his friend would agree

Lowenthal chuckled, it was good to see that it wasn't only him with relationship issues. "Well, whatever it is. I'm more than certain that you can come up with a solution to it. I mean, I believe in you. That's why when I retired I gave you Shadowed Path. Because I knew, I know that you are someone who can do great things." Lowenthal peered over the shoulder of the man, looking at the quest notification. "A quest? Finally, something to do. I'm all aboard." Lowenthal said, almost all to eagerly. "Things have been way to boring back at the house. I mean, there's nothing to really do. I get news, and all that but there's just nothing. Just sand and endless ocean. But I digress." Lowenthal said, apologizing. "What we sign ourselves into?" Lowenthal asked, wanting to know the details of the quest.

Hikoru smiled as his friend talked for a moment, saying he believed in him, and it gave him hope. He sighed and nodded, and felt a chill down his back as he heard the word "News." Probably from the front lines, so he probably knew about... Well, he didn't want to think on that. He sighed and continued forward, pulling the Quest up and hitting accept, then the NPC brightened his mood

"Oh thank you! Here are the co-ordinates, and be warned, there are a few bandits that you will have to fight, be prepared." He said with a nod, and Hikoru stood and turned to his partner, giving a small nod "Just the usual "Save the brother, kill the bad guys" kinda thing. You ready?" He asked as he made sure he had his dagger, Pendant, and Armor on, and breathed as they were as they should be.

Lowenthal grinned to the NPC. "Not to worry, we'll make sure that your brother makes it home safe and sound." Lowenthal said, stretching his arm across his chest. With the DPS power of two dagger users, there was little that could pose a threat. Except maybe a monster that had insane tanking abilities. But Lowenthal had fixed his gear, to allow him to recover his energy faster in and out of battle. He looked at Hikoru, his friend. Lowenthal smiled, at him and opened the door. "Well, let's go be heroes!" Lowenthal said, happily. Letting Hikoru lead the way. This was his quest, so he would called the shots. 

Hikoru nodded and went outside the tavern and held the door open for his companion. He sighed and waited for a moment, then opened his HUD and found out where he needed to go, and started to go in that direction. He felt his <<Survival>> Skill come into play, as he felt no damage from the sand whipping against him, and he enjoyed the feeling, remembering when he had first gotten this skill with his friend Takneil. He breathed in the hot air and sighed as they neared where they were to be. He gave a small nod and stopped moving, his shoes sinking slightly into the sand

"Alright, we're just about there. Just giving you fair warning, so you can be prepared." He said as he continued to move forward, where they were soon to be "Do you want to try this Stealthily? I know I may not be as stealthy as you, but I need to start getting the hang of this "Shadow" stuff down." He said with a small chuckle

Lowenthal nodded. "Stealth works just fine. I'll even give you some pointers. Not sure, how it'll help but it doesn't hurt." Lowenthal said, entering his stealth stance, and activating the skill. "What helps first, is to try and eliminate your footsteps. Move slowly, and step heel first." Lowenthal said, inching forward slowly. "Also, try to stay as low as you can. It'll put a strain on your back and thighs at first, but from the carrying I've done it's nothing." Lowenthal jested. Lowenthal coughed as he continued. "That's basically it though. Stay low, and stay quiet. When you're doing a mission in stealth, you're all alone. So you gotta make sure you either got your exit secured, or that you don't get spotted at all." Lowenthal said, exiting from stealth.

Hikoru listened intently, and nodded. He breathed and closed his eyes for a moment, then let his Unique Ability take hold, soon feeling the shadows surround him, and he breathed, doing as Lowenthal had said. He breathed and went as quiet as he could, breathing through his nose and staying low to the ground. He smiled and soon his around the dunes, staying in the shadows and being as silent as he could. He breathed and decided to see how well he was hidden, and cupped his hands

"Try and see if you can find me." He said quietly, but just loud enough to be heard, then moved a few dunes over quietly, breathing and being as quiet as he could.

Entered Stealth. Must roll a LD of 14+ to find Hikoru

((OOC: I know it's not a big roll, but it's the best I can do XD))

ID: 60838
LD: 1 (ffs)

Lowenthal chuckled, and closed his eyes deciding to humor Hikoru. As lowenthal opened his eyes to see if he could fine Hikoru, a small gust of wind carrying just enough sand blew it directly into his eyes. Now, almost completely blinded by sand he sputtered and coughed as he wiped his face with the back of his hand. "Gahk, cough, damn!" Lowenthal sword to himself. "Blasted sand." He said, looking up his eyes now free from the sand. He quickly scanned his surroundings. It was no good, the wind had blown away any footprints that Hik may have left. And his tempoary blindness had ruined any chance of seeing Hik's direction of movement. Lowenthal sighed, before cupping his hands around his mouth. "Alright, you win!" Lowenthal said. "Your turn!" Lowenthal said, as he activated his own stealth.

[Stealth Rating: 16]

Hikoru breathed and returned from the shadows. Lowe wanted to see if he could be found. Hikoru breathed as his friend was wanting to try out his own luck. Hikoru sighed as he was starting to look around, seeing if his friend could be found. After a few moment or so, Hikoru was starting to lose hope, and breathed out of his mouth, and a small bit blew away from a mound nearby, and showed Lowenthal's Orangey-red hair. Hikoru just smiled and walked over, pulling his hair up, as if he was pulling a carrot out of the ground

"Found you... Carrottop..." He said with a small chuckle

ID: 60889

LD: 20+1=21

((OOC: You are just not having any luck are you? XD))

((Damndable wind))

Lowe emergerged from the ground, sure his technique would've worked. "Wind give me away? Damn desert." Lowenthal said, dusting himself off. "Besides, it looks like you're getting the hang of the stealth mechanic quite well." Lowenthal said, happy for Hikoru. "But enough goofing around, when do we end up finding what it is we're looking for anyway?" Lowenthal asked, placing a hand over his eyes, trying to see anything.

Hikoru nodded with a small chuckle, and agreed that the time for joking around was over. He needed to focus, and make sure that he would be ready to fight. Making sure all his equipment was on for the last time, he breathed and gave a nod to Lowenthal, a small nod.

"Alright, we need to enter stealth. We'll try to get around them... But if they find you, take them out, but don't alert the other bandits." He said with a small sigh. He knew the two of them could easily finish them off one by one, but he didn't trust his energy level. It would be too easy to run out by using his strongest attack, and he knew it would leave him vulnerable to an attack. He sighed and looked around, seeing a good spot to hide, and soon went there, entering the shadows and making his way to the bandit camp

Hikoru entered Stealth, Must roll a 14+ on the LD to be found

Lowenthal nodded as Hikoru said that stealth was going to be used. Lowenthal broke away from Hikoru, using his own stealth skill to move along the sands. Ahead, he saw a singular campfire, around it were four shapes. Presumbably the bandits or thieves in question. 'So, what's his names brother is being held captive by them somewhere.' Lowenthal thought to himself. Lowe let out a quiet groan as he wished his eyes were better. He heard that there was a mod that would let him track targets, but he needed a skill grandmastered at five ranks to even be able to use it. Instead, Lowe used his intuition and crawled along the sands as he got into position. Looking up, he could see Hikoru's name tag in the distance between him and the bandits. Lowenthal watched Hikoru, waiting him to make the first move, before he acted himself.

SR: 16

Hikoru breathed as he moved forward into the camp, staying in the dunes as night fell around them, helping them shroud more in the shadows. He knew that this small group of bandits was between him and saving the man's brother, and he knew that he needed to get around this group before he could find him. He breathed and passed behind one, the bandit looking over his shoulder. Hikoru froze for a moment, waited, then soon the bandit turned back towards the campfire. He breathed and continued forward, crawling in the sand, staying low and staying as quiet as he could

ID: 61527

LD: 6 (1 down, 5 to go)

ID: 61731   LD: 16 (I hate this thread so far xD) BD: 4[3+1]

Lowenthal crouched down and began to move along the sand. Hikoru had snuck around the first guard. Good, absolutely flawless. Now it was Lowe's turn to sneak past. There was a small crate, and Lowe took the chance. Lowe pressed himself against the crate. Lowe placed his hand on top of the crate and peered around to the side, to get a better view of the area. Then, he felt something touch his hand. Looking up, a bandit had sat upon the box, on top of his fingers. The Bandit had felt his fingers, and turned quickly. Lowenthal acted quickly, and drew his dagger.

BD: 3 (really hate it now)
CD: 10 (+2 Energy)

Lowenthal grabbed the bandit and quickly pulled him away before he could alert the other bandits. '[censored], my luck today.' Lowenthal thought to himself, as he gritted his teeth and tried to kill the bandit in one fell swoop. The Bandit was quick, as Lowenthal missed his attack. Lowenthal looked behind him and noticed that the other bandits didn't hear the quick kerfuffle. 

Lowenthal
Level: 39
HP: 156/156
Energy: 39/39 [-2 miss,+3]

Bandit
Health: 135/135
Damage Mitigation: 25
Accuracy: 1
Savvy: 1 
Basic Damage: 6 (7 on a natural BD of 9 , 8 on a natural 10 BD of 10)

Hikoru sighed as he heard his comrade get into a fight with the guy he had just passed. He sighed and continued forward, not wanting to stop from his mission to help his brother. He sighed and continued forward, following in the sands, until he bumped into someone as he was looking back at his friend. He looked to see one of the bandits. Hikoru did his best and stayed calm as the bandit swiped, and he backflipped out of the way. The Bandit was about to scream for the others, and Hikoru sighed and came up, covering his mouth and pulling him behind the dune. He grabbed his Dagger and prepared to fight, knowing that he would have to eventually fight this.

"Come on then... let's dance pretty boy..." He said with a small laugh

ID: 61752

LD: 17 (Found)

BD: 3 (5+1=6-3 Evasion=3)

Hikoru
Level: 37
HP: 153/153
Energy: 37/37

Bandit
Health: 135/135
Basic Damage: 6 (7 on a natural BD of 9 , 8 on a natural 10 BD of 10)

The initial clash had ensued. Both the Bandit and Lowenthal had missed their initial attacks, and both parties were just waiting for the other to make the first move. The two stood silently, staring at each other. Finally, the bandit made his first move, he lunged forward his dagger extended. Lowenthal sidestepped the basic attack easily, and activated his sword art in response. The sword art 'Rapid Bite', allowed Lowe's dagger to dig itself into the bandit twice. On top of the sword art damage, Lowenthal activated 'Charge' adding even more damage to his own output. More then enough damage was dealt in a short time to kill the bandit, reducing him to nothing more then a small Col reward to fill his purse. Lowenthal sighed, as the Col entered his inventory. 'Now I remember why I stopped adventuring' Lowenthal thought to himself. Lowenthal peered over his shoulder, as he prepared himself to sneak past the rest of the thieves.

Lowenthal ID:61991 BD:7 CD:11
Energy: 32/39 [-10 Rapid Bite,+3]

Bandit ID:61990 BD:1
Health: 0/135 [160-25=135]
Basic Damage: 6 (7 on a natural BD of 9 , 8 on a natural 10 BD of 10

LEWT
Lowe: 675Col
Hikki:

Hikoru just chuckled lightly as the bandit prepared to attack. He was well prepared for battle, and he wouldn't hold back on these vile creations, not one bit. They kidnapped a mans brother, and were trying to steal from other NPC's and players, and he wouldn't have that. Soon the bandit came forward and tried to attack him, but Hikoru was too quick for that. He jumped out of the way, and leapt in the air, spinning and stabbing the bandit multiple times until it was nothing but pixels. He just laughed and prepared to enter stealth again, and sneak around the rest of them

Hikoru:
ID: 62017 BD: 5+4=9 Hit! Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 4x4=16x13=208-25= 183 Damage to Bandit 2
Level: 38
HP: 157/157
Energy: 22/38 (-16)

Bandit 2:
ID:62018 BD: 7+1=8-3 Evasion=5 Miss!
Health: -48/135

ID: 62055  LD:16 (Noticed, god...........dangit)

Lowenthal resumed his stealth, and began to to sneak up behind another bandit. Then, he heard Hikoru laugh. The Bandit turned, and looked right down at Lowenthal and drew his dagger. Lowenthal drove his kunai into the man, completely frustrated with the fact the although this was supposed to be a stealth mission, Hikoru was more than happy to make every noise imaginable. The rest of the thieves be damned, Lowe would fight them all if he had to. "God dammit Hikoru!" Lowenthal hissed back to the man in stealth behind him. "What part of stealth mission did you not elaborate upon!?" Lowenthal questioned, alerting the rest of the Bandits to his location. The small team of infiltrators were three for three on botched attempts to sneak by the thieves, it would've been easier to just kill them all now. The rest of them had already heard him, and Lowenthal prepared himself for a now three versus one.

Lowenthal ID:62055 BD:10 CD:11
Energy: 25/39 [-10 Rapid Bite,+3]

Bandit
Health: 0/135 [170-25=145]

LEWT
Lowe: 1350Col