[PP-NK-F5] My Precious.... <<Arabian Nights>> (Lowenthal)

Hikoru watched as his friend fought the next upcoming bandit as he was discovered, bringing the death total to three out of six bandits killed. They weren't doing the best that they could have, And his friend was angry at him for laughing. He just sighed and moved past his friend, sneaking past the fourth bandit quickly and quietly. It wasn't his fault that he laughed when he fought nowadays. It was the only thing that made him happy anymore. Fighting, killing, it seemed normal to him... almost as if that's what he needed to do here. He just sighed and breathed through his nose quietly, continuing ahead of the group as quietly as he could.

ID: 62070

LD: 7

1/3 posts until Full energy regen

Lowenthal attacked the nearest bandit, dropping it instantly. The pixel explosion, alerted the other two nearby. The nearest one attacked, but Lowenthal dodged. The other stood back, watching to see if he was needed or not. It would make no difference. Lowenthal would take care of them both soon enough. Lowenthal eyed his energy bar. Dammit, when did it get that low? He didn't even notice that he had such Lowe energy. None the less, he would kill both of the bandits.

Lowenthal ID:62364 BD:9 CD:MD:2[5-3]
Level: 39
HP: 156/156
Energy: 14/39 [-10 Rapid Bite,+1]

Bandit
Health: 0/135 [170-25=145]
Damage Mitigation: 25
Accuracy: 1
Savvy: 1 
Basic Damage: 6 (7 on a natural BD of 9 , 8 on a natural 10 BD of 10

LEWT
Lowe: 1350Col
Hikki:

Hikoru sighed as he watched his friend engage the other two bandits, and grit his teeth. He didn't want to fight these bandits, but now he didn't have much choice. He had to help him, or he would be filled with regret. He breathed and unsheathed his Dagger, jumping and attacking the nearby bandit, A small forming on his face as he attacked the foe repeatedly. He killed the bandit that he had snuck behind, And just laughed a bit, waggling a finger to the bandits.

"Come on bandit-boy, let's go." He chuckled as he looked at his comrade "and why did you engage them? We could have just kept sneaking past, We were almost done!" He said with grit teeth

ID: 62927 BD: 6+4=10 Hit! Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 4x4=16x13=208-25= 183 Damage to Bandit 2
Level: 38
HP: 157/157
Energy: 7/38 (+1/-16)

Bandit 2

Health: 0/135 (-183)
Basic Damage: 6 (7 on a natural BD of 9 , 8 on a natural 10 BD of 10

Lowenthal cut down the last bandit with ease. It offered little to no defense against Lowe's kunai, as it fell backward shattering into pixels of data. "I engaged so someone who hasn't been taking a break for the last few months, could sneak by them with ease." Lowenthal said, sensing the irritation in Hikoru's voice. Lowenthal had been out of the field for far too long now, and had gotten completely rusty when it came to stealth. But thankfully his combat prowess retained. Lowenthal looked at Hikoru. Shadowed Path, the unique skill was starting to get to Hikoru's head. Or maybe, it was something else. Hikoru seemed more, violent than Lowenthal remembered. "No matter now, they're all dead. Problem solved. Let's split up and find Ali's brother." Lowenthal said, walking away, and starting his search for the missing man.

Lowenthal ID:63161 BD:7 CD:12 LD:14
Level: 39
HP: 156/156
Energy: 7/39 [-10 Rapid Bite,+3]

Bandit ID:63160 BD:-1(2-3)
Health: 135/135 [160-25=135]
Basic Damage: 6 (7 on a natural BD of 9 , 8 on a natural 10)

LEWT
Lowe: 1350Col
Hikki

Hikoru sighed and nodded, sheathing his dagger and entering the bandit camp. Hikoru looked around, and soon found the brother they were looking for. He came over and saw him bound, with a cloth stuck in his mouth. He pulled it out and untied the ties, letting the man go. He man wearily got up, and fell to his knees, gripping onto Hikoru

"T-thank you! You saved my life!" He said. Hikoru just backed away from the man, wanting him to get onto his own feet. The man stood, and dropped something. The man quickly went to pick it up, and Hikoru looked to see a small ring. The man quickly put it in his pocket, hiding it as fast as he could and breathed. "The only treasure I was able to get from the cave...." He said with a small sigh. Hikoru looked at the ring, and saw it as treasure. Something that he could use. He held out his hand, wanting to see the ring. The man looked at him, then gave it slowly. Hikoru looked at the enchantments on it, and saw that it was a Demonic item, the first one he had ever encountered, and the enchantments were perfect for him. He breathed, and just lowered his head. The man stood, and came forward "There, now you've seen it, now give it back." He said. A smile only grew on Hikoru's face. "Come on then, give it!" The man held his hand out for the ring. Hikoru just laughed again as he unsheathed his dagger. The man noticed, and backed away. In a flash, Hikoru let out a large cackle and charged, stabbing the man through the heart. He let out another small laugh, and looked the man straight into his dying eyes

"Sorry, but this is my one chance to get something good, and if it only costs the life on an NPC to get it, then I have no problem with this..." He said. The man just let out a low moan, then soon pixelated before his eyes. Hikoru gave a small chuckle and put on the ring, not noticing the now orange cursor above him

ID: 63336

BD: 7

Hikoru dealt a simple attack, dealing 13 Damage

Brother: 0/5 HP

(OOC: Lowenthal did not recieve the ring, as he didn't help to kill the brother, and was nowhere near where Hikoru was when this happened. I am the only one to recieve the orange cursor and the ring)

Hikoru went inside the encampment to look for the missing brother. It would be better if the two split up and searched. And while Hik had the inside covered, Lowe decided to search the outside. Lowenthal went along the wagons, checked inside of crates, and to see if any bandits respawned. Lowenthal sighed, and ran his hand through his air. Then he noticed a calm silence. As the arid wind blew through his sandy hair, Lowenthal felt uneasy. He looked back at the encampment. "The hell is taking him so long?" Lowenthal thought aloud. Lowenthal walked over to the tent, and heard the familiar sound of death crystallization. In a short panic for Hikoru's safety, Lowenthal dashed into the encampment himself. Tossing the tent flap aside, Lowenthal couldn't believe what he was seeing. "Hikoru, what did you do?" Lowenthal asked, his hand on his dagger. He quickly opened his quest menu, and grabbed the quest they were currently on. "Did you, kill?" Lowenthal couldn't finish his sentence. Lowenthal took a step back, he felt mixed emotions. He was furious at Hikoru for putting his greed and need of a power before good. But at the same time, he felt the same way. "God dammit Hikoru." Lowenthal started. "I promised, I promised him that we'd bring him back safely." Lowenthal said, gritting his teeth. "Hikoru! I no longer acknowledge you as my friend! You are, a cold blooded murderer." Lowenthal said, pointing at Hikoru. "If I see you again. I hope, I don't see you again." Lowenthal said, threateningly at Hikoru.

Hikoru breathed and turned when he heard his voice. he looked to see a very mad, and almost scared-looking Lowenthal. He seemed to open up his HUD, no idea why. Lowenthal gave what looked to be a look of fear, then to hatred and disgust. Hikoru looked at his hands, and realised that the ring was not his, that he had killed a man for something stupid, as an item that wasn't real, it was only coding. He breathed and his hands began to shake. he fell to his knees, finally realizing what he had done. Hikoru breathed and hung his head in shame. He looked up at the sky, and soon saw that there was no green cursor. but what stood was an orange cursor, which hung over his own head, bearing the mark of a Pker. Hikoru shook, then tears filled his eyes

"I... I... No... No no this is a dream..." He said, anxiously "This is all a dream right? RIGHT???" He started to scream, growing more and more hysterical. He had killed someone. Even if they were an NPC, they had a life, friends, families... Brothers... and he had killed them within just a few second. Hikoru gripped the back of his head, looking at the ground, and soon starting to scream, unbelieveing of what he had done. Soon everything started to grow blurry, and he fell to the ground, knocked out from shock and pure disbelief

• 2 weeks later...

Lowenthal stood over the unconscious man before him. The man who chose greed, and power before anything else. Lowenthal could've ended him, so very easily. But, he couldn't. Lowenthal sighed, and ran his hand through his hair as he fell backwards. He sat down on top of a side turned barrel, with a solid thwump. Lowenthal sat in silence for a good minute, before putting up his dagger. Hikoru acted the same way Lowenthal did when he became a player killer. Lowenthal didn't know what to do, for the first time in a long time he had no solid answer in his mind. Lowenthal sat there, in silence as Hikoru laid dormant on the ground in front of him. Lowenthal sighed again, before standing up. He had to go tell Ali the news of his brother.

Making it back to the town, Lowenthal opened the door to see that only Ali was there. All the other NPC's had gone off to their beds. Ali sat at the bar, obviously awaiting his return. "Ali." Lowenthal called out. Ali turned around quickly, with a smile beaming across his face. And after a quick look around, it quickly faded. "Ali, I'm sorry." Lowenthal started again. "You're brother is dead. He had, an item on him that. That my so called friend wanted more than anything. He killed-" But Lowenthal was cut short by Ali's raised hand. "No more, he said. Obviously feeling empty inside at the news of his brother. "No more, please." Lowenthal nodded, understanding, and left.