[PP-F2] No Job Too Small <<Let There be Light>>

Several clouds overcast the virtual sun that shone down on Urbus that day. A violet-haired woman walked through the streets of the simple city, no clear goal in mind other than looking for something worthwhile to do. Her days seemed to be made up of the same basic structure: searching for quests, crafting in her shop, and fighting off whatever unsavory feelings that might be hanging over her that day. Today was a bit different in the last regard. As she passed by smiling faces, NPCs and players alike going about their business, there was nothing looming over her shoulder to distract her. She vaguely thought that she should be grateful for that, but after only a few hours she wasn't sure she liked the feeling of emptiness much better.

Declared Stats/Equipment:

Spoiler

Basic Stats
Level: 15
HP: 60
Energy: 15

DMG: 7
MIT: 0
EVA: 0
ACC: 2

Equipment/Inventory
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Lucent Reaver - +3 DMG
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Waning Crescent +2 ACC, +1 Recovery

»[Equipped] [Rare] Treasure Hunter's Scarf - +2 LD

»[Perfect] Lucky Col +3 Prosperity
»[Rare] Twilight Greaves - +2 Heavy Momentum
»[Perfect] Sand Armor Potion +27 MIT

Skills
[Rank 3] <<Two-Handed Battle Axe>>
[Rank 2] <<Search & Detect>>
<<Disguise>>

Edited by Teion
  • 2 weeks later...

On the outer skirt of Urbus, a distance cry echoed through the area. An NPC woman seemingly sobbing none-stop, distressed over her missing daughter. Her distraught cries found themselves to the ears of the Brunette warrior. Husky was making his way back his favourite place to visit an old friend, but his attention was caught when he heard the cries of the NPC woman. Almost without hesitation, Husky ran toward the source of the sound, along with his pet wolf-cub, Woofles running close behind. 

"Oh please, mister. My lovely daughter has been trapped inside a dark cave nearby. The giant bats kept me away from entering the cave, so I can't help her. She's lost inside the dark cavern, and if anything happened to her, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself,. Please, kind stranger, help me get my daughter back." The woman begged for Husky to help her. The Brunetter warrior accepted the woman's request without hesitation. He was determined to find this cave and get the girl out alive. He set forth toward the destination where the cavern resided.

On his way through Urbus, Husky made sure that he wasn't wasting any time. His struts was wide and his rhythm was fast. Woofles laid on his shoulder, panting in excitement of getting to ride on his master's shoulder and the cool breeze brushed against his head and chest. While walking, Husky saw a familiar face, as if he know them somewhere. The person wearing a hood kept on walking, feeling uncomfortable that Husky is staring at him. That made the Brunette lost his attention, as he bumped onto a girl of amethyst purple hair.

"I'm so sorry for my carelessness. I should've look where I was walking." Startled lightly, Husky bow his head and apologize for his mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

Still not finding anything to interest her, Teion continued walking through the city. She headed for the gates now, deciding she may as well dedicate what was left of the day to material hunting. She kept her gaze fixed in front of her as she walked, staring lazily towards her destination with a blank expression. Along the way she did her best to keep to herself; luckily, the street of Urbus weren't as crowded today.

At some point another player dashed in front of her, leaving enough space between their paths so they wouldn't intersect each other. As her eyes trailed after the person for just a moment, there must have been someone coming from the opposite direction. As her attention was drawn away from the path in front of her for just a moment, a sudden force knocked the woman off balance and forced her to stop.

A look of only mild surprise  on her face, Teion glanced up at the now apologizing man. They must have run into each other, but the blacksmith didn't pay much attention to the situation. "Oh, don't worry about it." She said in a flat tone. She looked at the man for a moment longer, her gaze lingering as she felt something familiar about him. Unable to draw a conclusion from her thoughts, Teion gave a small bow of her head. "Anyway, sorry." The woman was already turning to go back to her original direction.

Edited by Teion

Looking back up, Husky saw the amethyst purple colored hair of a very familiar person. "Right. It's Teion, a very well known and renown Blacksmith on the Fifth floor." Husky snapped, remembered of the girl he had done the Quest <<Blood of the Sand>> with. "Oh! Miss Teion. I didn't expected to see you here." Husky said, hoping that she would recognized him as well. "What brings you here, if you don't mind me asking." Husky said, keeping his formal talking. Since he didn't have a good first impression with her, as he was drunk most of the boss fight, Husky need to redeem himself and prove to her that he's a better person.

Setting Woofles onto the ground, Husky faced the girl of amethyst purple. She seemed rather monotonous. Her expression remain unchanged most of the conversation back in the times when they were killing the land shark, or even now. It was as if Teion was not here, or at least part of her wasn't here.

"Ah." The woman stopped and turned her attention back to Husky when he said her name. She was surprised the name of her smithy was still in circulation nowadays; ever since she closed her doors a few months back it had been a pretty quiet transition. Teion's blue eyes studied Husky's face, feeling a hint of recognition but not being able to recall the man's name. As she went through her recent memories of parties, quests, and the rare person she'd see in her shop, the axe-wielder's eyebrows twitched as the corners of her lips curled slightly. She looked as if she was stifling a small chuckle, speaking up again. "The one who got wasted," She labeled him plainly in a quiet voice.

With a light shake of her head, she quickly finished teasing the man and figured there was no getting around it. "Sorry, I don't remember your name." Her tone didn't sound very apologetic, but her expression was more honest, so the brunette could hopefully tell she at least didn't mean anything rude by it.

Seeing the look on her face when she began to recognized him, Husky knew that she remembered of the unfortunate event that happened first time they met. The brunette warrior let out a sigh, shaking his head ever so slightly. "Well, at least I was able to make her smile." Trying to be positive, Husky pushed away the small thoughts, and hope that this time he would leave behind a good impression.

Hearing Teion telling him that she had forgotten his name, Husky didn't seemed to be very disappointed. "It's nothing. I didn't expect much, since I never really did introduced myself probably." Husky smiled, stood up straight and extended his hand for a small hand shake. "Allowed me to reintroduce myself. My name is Husky. A pleasure to meet you, Miss Teion." 

Teion stared at his outstretched hand for a moment. Something seemed to have caught her eye, and before too much time had passed the woman's eyes widened in recognition. "Oh!" She exclaimed in a small voice, now staring holes into the scaled armor that covered the man's fist. "You ordered that..." She trailed off, still speaking quietly. She slowly extended her hand in return, accepting the handshake and looking back up to Husky. "Husky, huh," She started, echoing his name.

As their introductions fell to an awkward silence, Teion glanced blankly around to get her bearings, as if she'd forgotten which part of the city she ended up in. "Anyway," The blacksmith seemed to be mulling over something as she mumbled. "If you want to do another quest. I'll help." She spoke in half-sentences, still looking away from him.

When Teion mentioned of quests, Husky was reminded of a quest he had just received not long ago. Saving a little girl from a dark cave. It has never really been Husky's strong point when it comes to talking with kids. Maybe she can help him with that. Considering the request for a short moment, Husky asked Teion to come with him on the quest. "Actually, I do have a quest in progress on this floor. If you don't mind, I think that you coming with me for this one would be a great help." 

The Brunette warrior opened his party menu, selected the invitation and sent it to Teion. He was hoping that she would said yes, even though he could see that she was a little unenthusiastic about the ordeal.

"Hm? On this floor?" Teion repeated, thinking back to the last time she accepted a quest here. She couldn't recall anything recent, so she gave a nod. As she did so, the party request appeared before her and she reactively accepted. "Sure." She agreed, not asking about the quest details, what they would be doing or where they would be going. She simply looked ready to follow his lead.

"If you're going now, that's fine with me." When she finished speaking, she looked like she thought about something for a moment. "Oh, if there's combat, will you be tanking? Or do you need me to?" She asked, wondering if she should use her mitigation potion.

"Lovely. It's nice having a partner to venture into the unknown." Husky cheered, leading the way toward the dark chasm where the little girl was reported missing. He brought up the quest menu, and read the mission brief for his companion, filling her in on the details of the mission. "There's a little NPC girl who was reported missing inside a cave to west of Urbus. Her mother asked us to help find her lost daughter, in exchange for a small gift. The cave was known to have giant bats inhabited within, and is notoriously known for being dark and eerie environmental. All we have to do is to find the lost girl, and bring her home."

Hearing Teion asking about the subject of who is going to be the one who took aggro and tank the monsters in case combat is inevitable, Husky simply smiled, and replied to her. "Don't you worry about it, Miss Teion. My build is perfectly suitable for tanking things, so leave that to me. I'm perfectly capable of handling a few bats no problem."

Teion seemed satisfied with his answer, explaining that he had no problem taking damage for their party. She nodded, as if agreeing with his statement, glad she wouldn't have to worry about it. The new evasion armor she had was good and all, but if she did get hit it would certainly sting. Still, at the mention of a dark cave with bats, Teion couldn't say she was excited with the idea. It would probably be harder to see and maneuver in a dark cave while trying to look for a little girl. The woman slipped into her thoughts the possibility that the location could hold some new materials, preventing a sour expression from threatening her features.

Husky was already leading the way to their destination, and as the pair drew closer to the main gates Teion reached behind her to draw her axe, readying herself as soon as they'd left the safe zone of the city.

After a short and quiet walk, both stand before a large crevice of a mountain. There're faint cries of a child echoed from the chasm, and the coldness of the cave was seeping from the inside. An eerie feeling crept up his spine, as Husky took a deep breath. "Well, this is the cave the quest is talking about. I hope you're not afraid of bats, or darkness." The brunette warrior looked over to Teion, smiling, before looked back to the cave before him. Without a second thought, both went in and search for the lost girl

Inside the cave was like a maze. The dark surrounding make it all the more difficult to navigate. Even the mist wasn't this terrible. Nonetheless, Husky picked up a small neat trick for navigating in small and cramp mazes. The warrior traced along the left wall of the cave, so if they need to backtrack, they only have to follow the wall to their right. Continued searching for the little girl, unfortunately, they couldn't find her anywhere. Only the echoes of faint cries are proves that she's still inside the cave.

[Objective: LD:+15 to find the Lost Girl]

ID: 63032
LD: 9 -1 =8

Edited by Husky

((OOC: Muse has been shot, thanks for waiting so long.))

Keeping her weapon at the ready, Teion traveled in silence, keeping a watchful eye out until they reached their destination. The woman frowned a bit once Husky commented on darkness and bats. She wasn't fond of either, but the last thing she was going to do was show signs of cowardice.

They walked carefully through the dark caverns, both players trying to remain alert with what limited visibility they had. Teion could hear the faint cries in the distance as they walked onwards, but it was difficult to pinpoint the source. After a few more turns, the blacksmith perked up a bit. "Wait." She said simply, stopped as her eyes seemed to scan the pitch blackness in the distance. Her brows were furrowed in concentration, but she then close her eyes, continuing to focus. She stayed in silence that way for a moment until she opened her eyes and tilted her chin in the direction the two needed to go. "It's coming from that way." She stated, glancing sideways at Husky to make sure he was alright with the change in direction.

Search Attempt:

Spoiler
  • ID#: 63413
    • BD: 7
    • CD: 5
    • LD: 17 + (3 Skill) = 21 - Success
    • MD: 4

Edited by Teion

When Teion signaled for Husky to stop and wait for her.he had figured that she had found something, a clue or a direction on where to go. When Teion had found the way, Husky quickly followed. The two delved deeper into the dark labyrinth. As Teion was leading the way, the cries became more and more vivid. Then, around the corner, they saw the little girl. She sat against a corner, curled into a ball. Her sobs echoed through the cavern.

"That should be a girl we're looking for." Husky slightly nudged Teion's shoulder, before he approached the crying girl. "Hello there... You seemed like you've lost your way. Worry not little one. We'll get you home safely." The Brunette warrior get down on his knee, and pat the little girl just behind her shoulder. She looked at them with her teary eyes, and simply nodded. Just as Husky thought that it was over, there were loud squeaks coming from the opposite direction. It seemed like combat is inevitable. 

Teion's weapon lowered a bit as Husky moved forward to approach the crying NPC girl. Thankfully, he had taken the lead on interacting with the child, so the violet-haired woman could focus on keeping an eye on their surroundings--as much as she could in this dark, at least. As if on cue, once Husky calmed the girl, the squeaking sound echoing through the cave tunnels caused Teion's head to whip around and she turned her body to face the way they'd come.

Taking up her weapon, Teion wasted no time once she set her sights on the two giant bat creatures that approached. Husky was only a few paces behind her, but with herself as the wall between the monsters and the girl he was beside, Teion would buy a moment of time for him to join the fray. Her axe glowed a faint sky blue, illuminating the dark tunnel as one of the bats flew directly into her swing. Her blade came around three times as her sword art brought the creature under half health. In reaction, the monsters squealed and screeched, flying at her with their fangs bared. The woman had just enough time to duck under their attacks, dashing to the side while she waited for Husky to follow-up as she had their attention.

Combat Results:

Spoiler

Opponent:

• <<Giant Bat>> (2)
    • HP: 50
    • DMG: 12
    • MIT: 12

Turn Order:

• [H:1] Teion -> Post Action: Attack
  • <<Giant Bats>>
  • Husky

Combat Roll:

• ID#: 63919
    • BD: 7 + (2 Equipment) - (1 Environment) = 8 - Success
    • CD: 11
    • LD: 19
    • MD: 5 - (3 Equipment) = 2 - Fail

Combat Results:

• Teion:
    • HP: 64/64
    • Energy: 16/16 -> 10/10
      • Hit! Crimson Blood Activated:
        • (1 Base) + (3 Weapon Skill) + (3 Equipment) = (7 Damage) x (6 Sword Art) = (42 Damage) - (12 Mitigation) = 30 DMG
  • <<Giant Bat>> 1:
    • HP: 50/50 -> 20/50
  • <<Giant Bat>> 2:
    • HP: 50/50
  • Husky:
    • Energy: 16/16

Edited by Teion

When Teion advanced forward for an attack, Husky quickly pick the girl up and moved her back away from the fight to avoid any collateral damages. After he had done so, the Brunette warrior looked back at the girl and two giant bats. She seemed like she was doing very well on her own, despite the dark and claustrophobic environment. As the bats ascending to higher grounds after Teion's attack, Husky saw his chance. He started running at the two, building up his momentum. Then, using the rocky wall to the side, Husky tread along, running higher and higher with each step taken. With enough elevation, he leaped from the wall, right between the two giant bats. Spun around mid air, Husky extended his leg and nailed both two of them, each to the body. Both was knocked aside, as one's health bar dropped to 0. The bat glowed brightly before burst into million of pixel shards, while the other one staggered. Husky dropped to the ground, turned his attention to the remaining monster. 

ID: 63952

BD: 7+1-1= 7 ( 7 * Tornado Kick: 1x6 = 42 DMG)
CD: 7-1=6

Teion: 64/64 HP | 10/16 EN | 7 DMG | 3 EVA | 2 ACC | 1 REC | Hate: 1
Husky: 60/60 HP | 3/12 EN | 7 DMG | 30 MIT | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 HM | Hate: 2

VS

Giant Bats: 0/50 HP | 12 DMG | 12 MIT | ( - (42-12) = -30 DMG)
Giant Bats: 20/50 HP | 12 DMG | 12 MIT | ( - (42-12) = -30 DMG)

LD: 13

Loot: 1 Mat, 250 Cols

Edited by Husky
Forgot LD roll for death drops

Not one to disappoint, Husky followed her attack with a powerful AoE strike that hit both of the bats mid-air. The already damaged creature let out a piercing shriek as it burst into pixels, leaving one more mob remaining under half health. Teion lifted her axe in front of her, getting her footing and running up for a downward strike. The monster anticipated her movements, however, taking advantage of the dark, narrow space to lift itself upwards with its powerful wings. The blade of her axe just missing the beast, the blacksmith spun herself around and kept herself on balancing, repositioning for another attack while Husky took action.

Combat Results:

Hide contents

Opponent:

• <<Giant Bat>> (2)

Turn Order:

• [H:1] Teion -> Post Action: Attack
  • <<Giant Bats>>
  • [H:2] Husky

Combat Roll:

• ID#: 64336
    • BD: 2 + (2 Equipment) - (1 Environment) = 3 - Fail
    • CD: 5
    • LD: 9
    • MD: 5 - Fail

Combat Results:

• Teion:
    • Energy: 10/16 -> 11/10 -> 9/10
      • Miss!
  • <<Giant Bat>> 1:
    • HP: 0/50 -Dead- (Loot: 1 Crafting Material, 250 Col)
  • <<Giant Bat>> 2:
    • HP: 20/50
  • Husky:
    • Energy: 7/16
Edited by Teion

While Teion missed the attack, the bat took action and started diving down toward Husky. Anticipating where will the monster land, the Brunette warrior leaped aside, ducked from the bat's offense. However, he did landed on left side, as the bat re-positioned itself to his right; to his bad eye. Husky tried his best to ignore the disadvantage he was put under and tried to go for a retaliation. His fist swung pass the bat, missed it completely. Feeling another attack incoming, Husky rolled away, turned back to the beast with it back into his central vision.

ID: 64354

BD: 5+1-2 = 4
CD: 9 (failed recovery)

Teion: 64/64 HP | 9/16 EN | 7 DMG | 3 EVA | 2 ACC | 1 REC | Hate: 1
Husky: 60/60 HP | 2/12 EN | 7 DMG | 30 MIT | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 HM | Hate: 2

VS

Giant Bats: 0/50 HP | 12 DMG | 12 MIT |  DEAD
Giant Bats: 20/50 HP | 12 DMG | 12 MIT | 

Edited by Husky

As the party circled around the giant bat its attention turned to Husky, the both of them traded failed attacks. Teion smirked slightly at the opportunity presented to her. With the bat's attention fully on the brunette, the woman lifted her weapon in front of her, charging forward as she activated her sword art, Crimson Blood.

With three strong sweeps of her blade, the bat's HP dropped rapidly before it shattered into pixels. Relaxing her stance slightly, Teion kept her weapon drawn, glancing around for signs of more enemies. Looking back to the fighter, the blacksmith gave Husky a small nod with a half-smile, as if to congratulate him for a job well done. "Should we get her back to town then?" Her eyes drifted over to the NPC girl whose crying had quieted to nervous sniffles.

Combat Results:

Hide contents

Opponent:

• <<Giant Bat>> (2)

Turn Order:

• [H:2] Teion -> Post Action: Attack
  • <<Giant Bats>>
  • [H:2] Husky

Combat Roll:

• ID#: 64483
    • BD: 7 + (2 Equipment) - (1 Environment) = 8 - Success
    • CD: 10 - Recovery Success (+1 Energy)
    • LD: 20 + (2 Equipment) + (2 Skill) = 24
    • MD: 4 - Fail

Combat Results:

• Teion:
    • Energy: 9/16 -> 11/10 -> 5/10
      • Hit! Crimson Blood Activated:
        • (1 Base) + (3 Weapon Skill) + (3 Equipment) = (7 Damage) x (6 Sword Art) = (42 Damage) - (12 Mitigation) = 30 DMG
  • <<Giant Bat>> 1:
    • HP: 0/50 -Dead- (Loot: 1 Crafting Material, 250 Col)
  • <<Giant Bat>> 2:
    • HP: 20/50 -> 0/50 -Dead (Loot: 2 Crafting Materials, 500 Col)
  • Husky:
    • Energy: 6/16

Total Loot:

• Teion:
    • 2 Crafting Materials
    • 500 Col
  • Husky:
    • 1 Crafting Material
    • 250 Col
Edited by Teion

Seeing that Teion has defeated the last giant bat, Husky exhaled a relieving sigh, nodded at her question. With the combat finished, the only thing left is to lead the little NPC girls back to her home. "Don't worry now, little girl. We are getting you home back to your mommy." Husky's face grew a friendly smile, as he extended his hand forward, soothing the cowering little girl and calmed her down. The NPC girl raised her shaking hand, and placed it on his. The Brunette gently held the little girl's hand as he signal his companion that it's time to leave.

Using the neat little trick that he had been using. Husky only needed to trace to the right wall to leave this dark labyrinth they had been exploring in, and make their way toward the exit. They could see the sunlight shining from the cave entrance, shining into the rocky surface of the chasm. "Finally, daylight." Husky sighed in relief, finally getting out of the dark labyrinth, and back to the outside.