[PP-NK-F2] An Eternity «Breaking the Unbreakable» (Khrysaor and Rain)

Evander stood at the peak of the mountain, gasping for breath. That had been a really, really long climb, but he finally made it. He looked around. Well, the summit itself was pretty bare, but at least the view was nice. Wait a second, was that a hut over there? Hmm, that was a fairly large rock next to it. Evander walked down the slope a little and stopped by the hut. Hopefully this was a quest, or at least something interesting. He stepped into the hut. A fairly old, yet surprisingly muscular man sat in a meditative stance in the center of the hut. Evander saw the cursor hanging over his head. Awesome, it was a quest NPC. That was good. Now, as to how to trigger the quest. Evander knelt by the man and spoke. "Master, I have traveled from faraway lands to seek you out. Please, teach me your skills." Eh, not bad, not bad at all. He had a good subservient tone and everything. He pretty much nailed it. The NPC's eyes shot open, and stared into his own. Evander stared back. The man didn't blink, and continued to just stare at him. Well, this was somewhat uncomfortable.

The old man stood. "Follow me, young pupil." Evander followed him out of the hut. They stopped by the large rock. "If you destroy this rock with your bare hands, then, and only then, will you be worthy of my guidance." Well, that seemed pretty difficult, didn't it. Evander tapped the rock. It seemed pretty solid. Yeah, he didn't think he would be able to do this any time soon. Evander turned to leave. The man pulled out a marker and- whoa, wait, what? He was drawing on his face? What in the- "These whiskers cannot be removed until you have destroyed the rock. They will ensure that you will not back down like a coward." Whoa, what, the man drew whiskers on him? The old man smiled and returned to his hut, calling out "Good luck!" Well, shoot. That probably wasn't good. Evander looked into a puddle nearby. He looked like an idiot. He furiously rubbed at his face. The marker wasn't rubbing off. Shoot!

Edited by Evander

Khrysaor had been lounging about in his shop, bored out of his mind. To relieve his boredom he decided to get out and maybe do some exploring. So, he left his chair and went out the door to his shop. Making sure to lock it behind him and flipped the sign to close. Khrysaor knew he has seen enough of Floor 1, so he decided to head out to Floor 2 to check it out. As Khrysaor walked to the teleportation in the center of the city, he started to equip his battle items. Once, he reached the gate he stated, "Teleport - Floor 2, Urbus." and disappeared in a flurry of bluish-white light.

OOC: your turn @Rain.

Why he doesn't know, but the wanderer has somehow wanderer back up the mountain where he once learn martial arts. "Huh... something's off here... not really sure why..." Out of boredom he decided to take on the quest again... just to train his punches. He hasn't touched that skill since he's gotten it so he should get around to that. Walking towards the boulder, he spots a young man slowly walking up towards the rock. "Hmm... he might be a first timer.. Maybe I could help." "Hey! Need help?!" The wanderer called out to the guy as he slowly walked up to the rock. He wasn't really sure if he'd say yes or no, but he was still gonna practice on that rock. He quickly tinkered with his HUD and unequipped Bakuzan, and at the same time Equipped his new gloves.

- Bakuzan Unequipped -
- Brawler's Bout Equipped - [+3 Damage]

@Evander

Edited by Rain

Oh man, someone was offering to help him? That was great! Maybe they knew some tricks or something to be able to break the rock. "Yeah, some help would be really appreciated right now. I don't even really know where to begin. Do I just punch the rock? Will it eventually break like that?" Evander shook out his fist a little in preparation for the punch. Oh, yeah, there was one more thing he needed to ask. "Oh, and also, is there any way of getting rid of these ridiculous whiskers? They look pretty stupid." Alright, now he was ready for the punch. Oh, wait, names, right. "My name is Evander, what's yours?" Alright, now it was time for the punch. He wiggled his fingers around a little, popped his shoulder, and gritted his teeth in preparation for the punch. Well, here goes nothing. His fist slammed into the rock. Nothing happened. Yeah, he didn't really know what he was doing here.

Boulder:  HP: 50/50

ID# 61207 results:

Battle: 2 (fail)

@Khrysaor

Edited by Evander

Khrysaor reappeared on the second floor. He looked around for a few minutes before he took a random street, moving around the village. He kept on walking until he spotted a familiar path leading up the hill. If he remembered right, there was a nasty little boulder that always needed a beat down. He decided he wanted to see the site and walk down memory lane, so he started the long climb up the hill. When he could make out the the boulder in the distance, he also noticed what looked like two other figures already there. Khrysaor could tell they were working on their martial arts skill, and thought, 'Maybe they would like some help, it would surely help me when I finally come around to taking the quest myself.' As he walked closer to them he noticed the familiar wanderer, and called out loud, "Hey, monsieur wanderer. How's it going? It has been a while since we last met. So, do you guys need any help, I do feel like relieving some stress if you know what I mean." Khrysaor then turned to face the unfamiliar face and asked, "Hello, how are you? My name is Khrysaor, what's yours?"

OOC: Sorry it took so long. @Rain

Edited by Khrysaor

"Rain," "Time to test out these puppies." The wanderer tightly clenched his fist as he prepared to attack the boulder. Then, in a moment's notice, the wanderer began his charge at the rock. He flew into the air and drilled his fist into the boulder. He felt the energy from his punch reverberate through his bones. He threw everything into that first punch. Unfortunately, it barely made a dent on the formidable boulder. "Hmm... not enough..."

Just as the wanderer finishes his first attempt at the boulder, a familiar tone echoes behind him. "Ah.. Khrysaor. Go ahead and punch it. This would take too long if it were just me and him."

ID# 61400 results: Battle: 8
[Base 1 + Gloves 3] = DMG 4

Boulder:  [HP 46/50] -4 HP

Edited by Rain

It appeared another person had shown up. Well, that was good. Perhaps headway on breaking this boulder could actually be made. The first guy, Rain, equipped a pair of gloves and let loose a punch at the rock. Perhaps it amplified his punching power? So, was that basically all they had to do? Just punch the rock? Well, he sure was glad that there was no pain here, because in the real world, their hands would probably become broken, bloody messes. Rain and Khrysaor. Pretty unique usernames. Evander cracked his knuckles. It appeared the two knew each other. Well, he sure was glad they decided to help out some random guy like him. It was kind of them. "Hello, my name is Evander." Nice and simple introduction, and really, what else needed to be said? Evander unfastened his cloak and put it in his inventory. Alright, time for a second go at this rock. Evander threw a punch towards the rock. His fist slammed against the rock. He could feel the force of his punch up his arm. That was a pretty good one. Too bad he didn't know if he actually did much of anything to the boulder.

ID# 61585 results:

Battle: 10 (critical +2)

DMG: 1+2=3 DMG done

Boulder:  HP: 43/50

Edited by Evander

(OOC: Sorry, the BD was 7 I miss typed it and put a 1 @Rain)

Khrysaor saw the other two performed there punches and they welcomed him to try his hand. So, that was what he was going to do. First, he went to inventory and unequipped his blade, leaving only his bare hands. Since, Khrysaor was a some distance away from the boulder he thought he should try to get a running punch in, hoping it did some serious damage. He ran at the boulder and when he was meter away from it, he brought his closed hand back and thrusted his arm forward with some of his body weight added into the punch and solidly connected with the boulder. The boulder cracked a bit, and he thought, 'At least it did something, and man am truly glad that the Cardinal System helps protects the players from breaking their knuckles, because something like that would have left a few fractured bones for sure.'

ID# 61769

BD: 7

1 DMG done

Boulder:  HP: 42/50

Edited by Khrysaor

OOC: @Khrysaor, BD: 1 doesn't mean one damage. It's a crit fail... BD: 7 though hits. :P Can you edit pls so the PST doesn't get confused? :3

The work was taking longer than expected and the wanderer's patience was wearing thin. Wanting to hurry this along, he opens his HUD and takes out a potion, which he quickly chugs.

-Greater Power Crystal I used - [+2 Damage]

"I don't have much of this rare damage potions left - lie - , but you guys can have these Uncommon damage potions." That was a lie, he doesn't really like giving out his Rare potions, as they're... rare... and he usually only has them for personal uses. Even more so with perfect potions unless bought, but he does give out uncommon potions if needed.

Spoiler

Item: Minor Damage Potion I
Item Type: Potion
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancement: +1 Damage
Description: A vial of black liquid with gold sediments; bitter taste; increases damage by 1.

After trading the items - if they took it - the wanderer hops jumps up as if warming up and they rushed in to punch once more. As his fist smacked the rock, a slight crack began to make it's way through the boulder. A slight grin popped on the wanderer's face. He knew they're making progress.

ID# 61788 results: Battle: 10
[Base 1 + Gloves 3 + Crit 2 + Potion 2] = DMG 8

Boulder:  [HP 34/50] -8 HP

Edited by Rain

Well, it appeared Rain was pretty nice. Offering out free potions and everything. A damage potion did actually sound pretty tempting, though. But, eh, he didn't want to take advantage of his hospitality. He was already helping out as it was. Even if it would make this go faster. "Nah man, I'm good. Thanks for the offer though. You should save it up for when you really need it or something."  Alright. Evander turned back to the rock. It appeared a crack was splitting into the rock from their punches, somehow, someway. Well, that was great. Rain's last punch in particular seemed to do quite a bit of damage to the rock. It was probably because of the rare damage potion he drank. Evander rolled his shoulder. Well, nothing to it, he supposed. Just more punching. Though, he was somewhat curious as to how their punches could even crack a rock. If this was the real world, he was fairly certain that it wouldn't be this easy to split a boulder. Well, this was a game at heart, but still. He would have thought there would be more realism, he supposed. Eh, better not to question it. Evander punched the rock. Nothing happened. See, he wasn't sure if nothing actually happened, or if there was some actual effect on the rock. Well, this punch wasn't that great anyway. It was probably because of his questioning of how this game portrayed reality.

ID# 61815 results:

Battle: 5 (fail)

Boulder:  HP: 34/50

Edited by Evander

(OOC; @Rain your move)

Khrysaor saw the wanderer take a damage potion to help make taking down the rock go faster, and then offer one each of them. Evander did not take it, and Khrysaor himself was not too interested in taking one. He wasn't too eager to take one of those horrible tasting potions if he did not need to, and anyway he just wanted to take his time. He declined the offer, "It's alright buddy, I actually don't mind spending extra time out here. It's nice out and a good and relaxing way to pass the time. I have nothing better to do." As his turn to punch came, he went into a fighting pose, and went in for a punch, but came out sloppy, because he was distracted by his own thoughts about the nice weather and how he wanted to go take a nap after the boulder beat down was finished.

ID# 61816

BD: 1

Boulder:  HP: 34/50

Edited by Khrysaor

No one took his potions... "Fine..." He really doesn't know why they should take their time. They can hit a dungeon easily after this, but nope, they want to take their time. Whatever, but the wanderer had no plans to taking longer than this needs to be. That being said, he tightly clenches his fist and digs his fist in to the boulder. A seconds crack protruded from the first crack. Slowly, but surely, this boulder will break.

ID# 61817 results: Battle: 9
[Base 1 + Gloves 3 + Crit 1 + Potion 2] = DMG 7

Boulder:  [HP 27/50] -7 HP

Edited by Rain

Khrysaor seemed pretty relaxed about the whole thing. He looked like he enjoyed the weather. Rain, on the other hand, seemed rather impatient, and wanting to get this over with. He also seemed pretty disappointed no one took any of his potions, likely because it would speed up the whole thing so that they could get on to doing better things than just sitting around and punching a rock all day. That impatience seemed to transfer into his punch, as he sent another crack splitting down the rock. He was pretty good at punching. Wow. Now all of his punches felt pitiable. Well, better keep on trucking. Evander rolled his shoulder for another punch. Maybe he would get a good one in and actually make a crack, despite that being a lofty goal? Nah, probably not. At least he was somewhat contributing though. Somewhat. Definitely not as much as Rain. His fist impacted with the rock. Again, he felt the vibration go up his arm. Felt like a good punch. The crack slightly widened. Not bad, not bad at all.

ID# 61834 results:

Battle: 10 (critical +2)

DMG: 1+2=3 DMG done

Boulder:  HP: 24/50

Edited by Evander

As Khrysaor was waiting for his turn to begin, he went to look out at the hills and mountains in the distance. He looked at the scenery and felt calm and relaxed. He felt hungry, so he went to a nearby rock and sat on top of it facing the mountain view. He went to his inventory and took out a heated bowl of ramen. He took a few chop-sticks and started to slurp away at the food. When he noticed Evander take his shot at the boulder out of the corner of his eye, he put down the bowl and chopsticks on the rock to go take his turn at the boulder. He stood in a fighting stance, and brought his fist forwards. When it connected he felt it was a solid hit, but could not tell if he did damage the boulder, even a little. After his punch. Khrysaor went back to the stone he was eating at and sat down taking the bowl back in his hands. He turned to the others and called out, "Hey, you two I got a few bowls of ramen. Do you guys want any?"

ID# 61859

BD: 5

Boulder:  HP: 24/50

Edited by Khrysaor

The wanderer reared his hands one more time. He wanted to end this as soon as possible. With one swift swing, the wanderer's punch landed and more cracks began to protrude from the first crack. "Almost there."

As the wanderer rested his hands on his knees he quickly smelled a wiff of ramen. Good ole ramen. He wanted some. He wanted to stop right there and just eat, but no. This task comes first. The ramen can be his reward.

ID# 61861 results: Battle: 8
[Base 1 + Gloves 3 + Potion 2] = DMG 6

Boulder:  [HP 18/50] -6 HP

Edited by Rain

Ramen actually sounded pretty good. Really, any hot food in general sounded pretty good right now. Soup especially. It was pretty near lunchtime anyway, sort of.  "Wow, thanks Khrysaor. Maybe I'll take a bowl after my punch." Rain, though, seemed entirely focused on breaking the rock as fast as he could. Evander noticed that he paused, though, after getting a smell of the hot broth, then got back to work. He was pretty determined to break this thing. He just kept trucking on. Wow. That was a pretty intense drive. He was certainly doing a whole lot of damage as well, as evidenced by the many cracks in the boulder. Evander rolled his shoulder again. This whole punching rocks thing tired out the arm pretty easily. It would probably be a good idea to switch to his other arm. He punched with his right hand this time. Eh, it wasn't as good as his last punch. It didn't do any noticeable damage. It was probably because he wasn't warmed up. "Hey Khrysaor, I think I'll take a bowl now." It was as good a time as any. "How much did it cost you? I got some col to pay you back."

ID# 61876 results:

Battle: 6

DMG: 1

Boulder:  HP: 17/50

Edited by Evander

As Khrysaor kept eating, he watched the breakdown of the rock occur. Rain didn't seem like he heard Khrysaor when he asked if he wanted the bowl of ramen too focused on the boulder. Evander on the other hand seemed excited to have one so after he finished his turn at the boulder he asked for a bowl of ramen. Khrysaor went to his inventory again and tapped on the ramen button. A bowl materialized and he handed it off to Evander, and headed off to the boulder for his turn. As he gave the bowl, he said, "Oh, don't worry about the cost or paying me back. It's on the house, just thought if you guys were hungry I would share some with you." Khrysaor did something a bit different this time. He went in for a running start and as he neared the boulder, he brought his fist forward. A small crack could be seen where his fist met the boulder, and Khrysaor knew he did some good damage this time.

ID# 61937

BD: 9

Damge done = 1 + 1 crit = 2

Boulder:  HP: 15/50

Edited by Khrysaor

The smell of ramen began to slowly permeate the air. The wanted some oh so much since it reminded him of home. His mouth began to salivate as he slowly cliched his fist. This needs to finish and quickly. That being said, with one more punch, he breaking another large crack on the boulder. "Almost done.." the wanderer wasn't really breaking a sweat but this was more time consuming than it took when he did the quest.

ID# 61938 results: Battle: 8
[Base 1 + Gloves 3 + Potion 2] = DMG 6

Boulder:  [HP 9/50] -6 HP

Edited by Rain

Evander gladly accepted his bowl of ramen. He set it down gently on the ground beside him. Many cracks split through the rock. This would probably be over soon. He shook out his hand in preparation of the punch. Here went nothing. He launched his fist toward the rock. Another crack split through the rock. Good enough. He picked up his ramen and began to eat.

ID# 61941:

Battle: 6

DMG: 1

Boulder:  HP: 8/50

Edited by Evander

(OOC: @Rain  your turn)

Khrysaor was done his ramen and set it down. He looked up at the horizon and saw the sun going down. 'It was a pretty good day, I had fun. Nice to take a break from grinding all the time. Made another companion as well.' thought Khrysaor. As Khrysaor watched the sunset from where he was sitting, he was also making sure to pay attention for his turn. He could not wait to get out of here and take a little nap. As he saw Evander finishing up his his punch causing another crack to appear on the boulder. Khrysaor face broke out into a big grin, he muttered, "Woohoo, almost done with this sucker." He went in and took his place in front of the boulder and did something different. His arms were tired so instead he went in for a kick. When he brought his foot forward and slammed it into the boulder, causing a few bits and pieces to break off.

ID# 61942

BD: 9

Damge done = 1 + 1 crit = 2

Boulder:  HP: 6/50

Edited by Khrysaor