[PP-NK-F1] Diamonds In The Dark (ShinoTenshi)

Floor 1 seemed to never end, new shops and buildings and merchants popping into Jazmyne's everyday life, ones that she hadn't noticed before despite being in the exact same area the day before. Both hands were now idly tucked into deep pockets, though the brunette's hooded cloak hid most of her petite figure underneath black cloth. To others she appeared rather menacing, the only proof of her being female happened to be the long braid that hung over her right shoulder at all times, along with her plump, pink lips and well-developed rear end that, thanks to Opal, she now displayed with pride whilst walking among crowds. A shadow hung over her face, black attire and overall dark complexion great for hiding from others if need be, especially during the aftermath of a fight with numerous players. Which, of course, had happened due to Jazmyne's inflated ego.

With a small amount of Col to spend Jazmyne decided to head for a cafe out of desire for a drink. Annoying bell clicking as she swung the door open, Jazmyne entered the cozy building and searched for a seat. Though, like always, there wasn't a single spot left, so she stood there awkwardly, though the brunette's ears perked up in response to the sound of yelling. Upon finding the source Jazmyne found out the bickering was going on between a non-NPC barista and a customer. Finding the customer rather attractive, adoring arguments and joining them all the more, Jazmyne strutted over towards the two before pulling the barista backward by the shoulders. In a fluid movement the brunette now found herself in front of both the customer and barista, though her hands and piercing gaze landed on the barista. 

"The customer's always right, freak, so get the Hell outta here and do your pathetic job before I change my mind and equip a weapon, so we can end this in a way that I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like." In a low tone, Jazmyne gritted her teeth and spoke angrily, face close to the other's before the brunette decided to let go of the barista who nodded her head quickly before running away into the back of the building. Turning to face the beauty of a customer, placing both hands on her hips, Jazmyne winked in the other female's direction before sloppily grinning. "At least NPCs aren't that stupid, if they were I'd get rid of every single one of them myself. Too bad that girl didn't put up a fight I was really looking forward to one." Moving to crack her knuckles, Jazmyne eyed the booth behind the other before lifting her chocolate eyes to meet the strange female's. "You sittin' here? Well now you've got company." And with that Jazmyne slid into the comfortable booth, jumping up and down atop the squishy seat, nodding for the other player to sit across the table.

Edited by Jazmyne

Shino has been arguing with this sad excuse of a server for way too long. "Thats it! Im finished with this BS! Im ending this now." She reached for her dagger and was ready to go crazy on this woman's meaningless life, but just as she was about to stab the barista in the hip, someone intervened. She spoke to the worthless trash of a server in a manner that showed her just that.. After she left the unknown girl spoke of getting rid of all the NPCs. "Trust me Id be way ahead of you if they didnt respawn" she thought to herself slightly angered by it. It was then that the unmet player slid into Shino's booth. She motioned for Shino to scootch over but she didnt see much point, what she wanted to say had to be quiet. "Thats a lot of authority for such a small body, I respect that. But what I dont like is someone talking about killing without meaning it." Shino lowered her voice to a whisper, "You can see it in peoples eyes you know. Thirst for blood is not in yours. I question whether you killed anyone at all." Shino finally stopped prying and gave the girl some distance. "Im right arent I?"

Edited by ShinoTenshi

Jazmyne, staring at her manicured nails whilst receiving compliments that planted a grin onto her face, lifted her chocolate eyes rather slowly in a bored mannerism to meet the sharp gaze of the sweet looking stranger who emitted a sickly intimidating aura, surprisingly enough. Turning her grin into a smirk, Jazmyne set both hands behind her head, leaned back, and quirked her brows before winking in the direction of the other female player who'd gotten pretty close in the few moments they'd been together. "I don't need to mean anything if I have power. And, please, I don't care about a single life form in Aincrad other than mine. Get it? Got it? Good." Motioning with her head for the stranger to sit once again, Jazmyne became annoyed before huffing loudly, chubby cheeks puffing out as she expressed her feelings to make things crystal clear. "No, I haven't, and I won't until it's the right time. Congratulations. Now sit down because I feel like we have a lot to learn about each other." Naturally, the brunette had become intrigued, and once she gained interest in something or someone there wasn't a moment she left her object of observation alone until she was finished. "I'm Jazmyne. Mind telling me 'bout what you meant by a thirst for blood?" Whether this player happened to be insane, a devoted PKer, or just a kid trying to be important, Jazmyne had no idea, but she didn't mind either, and would find such information out through socialization in no time.

Being ordered to sit down sent a satisfying chill down Shino's spine, "Takes me back to military school being ordered around like this." She also felt the words of this girl, what could her manipulative mind get out of her? Shino finally sat down across from the girl seeing the frustration in her face. "Jazmyne.. not a common name but it isnt anything hard to remember." She looked at the brunette up and down seeing if she seemed trustworthy enough for a name. Shino didnt want to take chances with PK hunters. Though she found no reason to deny talking to Jazmyne, "The name is Shino. As forth the thirst for blood..." Shino looked down and thought carefully on what she wanted to say, for killing is her passion. She looked back up smiling and slightly giggly and her eyes have changed seemingly shrinking her pupils, "Have you ever wondered what it was like to kill-no, to murder? When hope leaves your victims face and they resort to panicking in your presence. I love to see the glimmer in peoples eyes go out as I slowly drag my knife across their neck." Shino bursted out in laughter but managed to get it under control before too many people noticed. "In a quieter place I can tell you more of my experiences. But you seem fairly intrigued, what is in your mind?" Shino stopped giggling and her eyes turned back to normal so as to take in all of Jazmyne's response.

The expression on Shino's face sent chills down Jazmyne's spine, it was a disturbing look after all, though the brunette ceased to move nor express anything herself, intent on listening to Shino speak, brows raised and head tilted in curiosity. "Nah," Jazmyne shrugged, leaning forward to place her elbows on the table before her, propping her head up atop her hands. "I kill to get what I want, not for the pleasure. Or at least that's what I would do." Thinking for a moment, staring into Shino's eyes full of unexplainable and undetectable emotion that happened to be so strong that Jazmyne could hardly stand it. "I feel like we'd made a great duo, y'know? The calm, me, before the storm, you. Heh." She dropped her smirk before lowering her voice to a whisper, "Did you kill in the real world?" It was a serious question though wouldn't be surprisingly in the least if true due to Shino's eccentric behavior and reaction to simply speaking of her thrill for murder. Jazmyne would never kill in the real world, and couldn't imagine it either, but she wouldn't immediately judge someone who did nor would she leave this girl either. Perhaps there were reasons. Perhaps they could still be friends. And Jazmyne, being too good for herself to even care about her own well-being or state of safeness, remained in the booth with Shino, all the more interested in the two-faced girl right across the table from her petite figure.

"Well I've been thinking about your acting skills. You seem so sweet at first... I mean you are to me, but I bet not to others judging by that dumbass waitress. Is it all natural or really hard to pull off?" Jazmyne hoped she was correct about Shino's acting or else the elaborate question would be terribly embarrassing. Not to mention Jazmyne wanted to get on the girl's good side if it meant being safe from future PKing threats from even one measly player in Aincrad. Even one made a Hell of a difference in the end, after all.

The psychopath was slightly disappointed to hear that Jazmyne didnt want to kill for fun. But she quickly routed it back to the girls reason, "You can kill for what you want sure. But you can have fun doing it as well." The girl then proposed that they form a team, "Well she is definitely worth something. The best person I've met so far." But before Shino could answer Jazmyne asked her next question. Shino's face began to take the same form as before, holding a wide grin and soul piercing eyes. "Have I killed?" She began laughing again as she spoke, "I killed my parents. On top of that I framed my little sister. And so much more.." Shino began to choke on her laughter forcing her to stop her small fit of insanity. It was one of her favorite stories to tell, she calls it "Babies First Murder". Jazmyne then asked her about her acting and whether it was hard or not. Shino pulled a cute bright smile out and blushed just enough to make it noticable. "I think I could have been an actress if I chose a different route. This, to me, is easy as killing." She gave the girl a more serious look revolving back to the part she never answered to. "And for us to be a team.. I like the idea, but I need to know you a little better first. So lets keep talking." Shino mirrored the girl across the table resting her chin on her hands, "Tell me about yourself."

So Jazmyne had been somewhat correct on her assumptions that this girl was insane, but none of that really mattered to her, not only because having a killer as an ally would be beneficial, or because in Aincrad she wasn't as powerful due to levels and safe-zones, but because this single person sitting before her had some of the most interesting quirks she'd encountered yet. This girl's life, Jazmyne thought, is probably fascinating and she's probably intelligent too. Seemingly starstruck, much like a deer in the headlights with her large, brown doe-like eyes, Jazmyne closed her mouth that'd been formed in the shape of an "O" before speaking once more, a hint of giddiness lacing her mature tone of voice. "Wow. I've never met a murderer before. Were you scared at first? Why'd you do it?" One might think Jazmyne had an eye for killing herself, and perhaps she did, but would never even begin to think of betraying a family member. It surprised her that Shino would do such things. Naturally she had plenty of questions to throw at Shino, and they both had all the time in the world to go back and forth, but right now Jazmyne decided it'd be best not to overwhelm her new companion. Well, she wouldn't until they got close at least.

Flipping her hair, a prideful grin resting on her face, posture straight and perky, the brunette immediately began speaking in response to Shino's request. "I thought you'd never ask." Of course Jazmyne's favorite topic was, well... Jazmyne. Her eyes even began glowing upon admiration of herself. "I was named after a bright star, y'know like in space, because I'm the best there'll ever be. People notice me. I was pretty popular but then my friends became brats and left me but I was too good for them anyways... My favorite color is purple and I know everything there is about fashion. I've won a load of pageants before and I'm a pretty good singer if I do say so myself. My birthday is July 22nd, actually, and I'm 17 years old. Almost an adult. Isn't that exciting? I'm going to be big. Whatever I go into, I'll be the best and most beautiful." Talking a mile a minute, Jazmyne gave no time for Shino to talk until she finished her self-speech with a sigh, winking in the other girl's direction. "Your turn..." She said reluctantly before piping up once more. "Unless you wanna know more about me!"

Shino began questioning herself if she was scared the first time she killed. "Was I sacred? It was so long ago I can hardly remember.. No. No I remember that I couldnt stop laughing that night." Shino looked at Jazmyne who seemed very interested in her and gave her response to the first question, "No, I was laughing the whole time. Maybe it was because I was nervous, but it was something I really wanted, so I wasn't afraid to do it." She then answered Jazmyne's second question. But seemingly out of nowhere, tears began to stream down her cheeks; though, she didnt seem like she was in an unhappy mood. "They took my life away from me. They took my friends away, they didnt let me live how I wanted. It was because they were praising their favorite child... But I dont have to worry about that any longer."

Shino listened contently as Jazmyne gave her information on seemingly her favorite person, herself. She wiped away her tears, just realizing that they were there. "The hell? Where did that come from, Im not even sad." She listened to the brunette across the table brag about herself, looking her up and down from what she could see. She heard her talk about winning pageants and gave her a second glance, "Hm.. She does look rather pretty doesn't she?" As the girl came to conclusion, Shino had one question for her, "You can keep going, but I wonder. Why did you choose to get SAO?"

Edited by ShinoTenshi

"That makes sense." Jazmyne nodded, learning a lot more about Shino's previous life while beginning to understand the reason behind her murders. It seemed Shino had desired to kill for quite a bit and would obtain that goal no matter what, the girl's family being a valid sign that she could get what she wanted if the aspiration is strong enough. With enough power in her hands Shino could be strong and dangerous, Jazmyne envied the other's willpower and social skills already, something she had herself but didn't want others to hold as traits themselves. "Why... are you crying?" Jazmyne tilted her head in response to Shino's actions that confused her greatly, thin eyebrows quirked upwards, thick lips turned into a frown. It seemed the actress had failed and given up a weakness which in turn ended with tears. Jazmyne rolled her eyes upon taking a few moments to evaluate the failure, no longer feeling the deep twinges of jealously that once rested within her gut, though faint butterflies remained to keep the envy flowing.

"I didn't choose the game, it chose me. My parents got it for me as a present for being such an amazing child, surely." The brunette bragged, leaving out the part where she flunked every one of her tests in school and had only gotten Sword Art Online as a distraction. She couldn't possibly know the latter, but the former happened to still be embedded in her mind. Jazmyne couldn't stand when she screwed up and would rather keep those spoiled moments to herself. "What about you? If your parents are dead then how'd you get the game?" Jazmyne repeated the question with a twist, wanting to get her mind off of pre-SAO life for the time being. Deep thinking was meant for late nights after all.

Shino mirrored Jazmyne once again, tilting her head. "Crying? Im not crying." She wasn't sure what the girl was talking about, "Are you sure being in the presence of a psychopath isnt messing with your head?" She smiled to Jazmyne, the tears stopped flowing but still sat and dragged along her face. "Silly girl, Im not sad at all." Shino looked around and saw a few people staring at them, "Perhaps we're talking a bit louder than we intended." Then a child asked why someone was crying, Shino began to questioning herself again, "Am I the one that's crying?" She wiped her face, surely enough there were tears. Shino was stunned for a second, not realising the tears on her face. Did this mean she was losing emotions, or that she cared about something deeply? Not even Shino can answer such things.

Shino shook off whatever made her cry and focused on the question Jazmyne asked. "I was 18 by the release. So I entered my name in a give-away for it. Though, I didnt win the prize. But I did see the person that did. You can guess the rest of the events that happened after." Shino giggled, it was so much fun being bad to her she never understood why anyone would be good in the first place.

"Nah," Jazmyne shook her head, wondering why Shino was denying the act of crying when it was happening right in front of the girl sitting across the table, verifying the crying happening during its process. "there's definitely some tears there. Plus you're eyes are a little red. And trust me, psychopath or not I'd be fine either way." Believing herself to be completely perfect, Jazmyne would never think that she got something wrong whether it be an answer or accusation. Not to mention she could care less what Shino would do or had done unless the events concerned Jazmyne herself. "Ay, shut your trap you whiny brat. Learn to mind your own business." The brunette whipped her head around, dark hair flying, before spatting rudely in the direction of the pesky child. Once done with the threat Jazmyne turned back around slowly, smiling as if nothing had happened, quite pleased with her interference though rather annoyed that others would intrude on her and Shino's conversation. These matters were private, after all.

"I like that you're a so-called psychopath. It makes you more... interesting. Really." Jazmyne shrugged, halfheartedly complimenting Shino before listening to the girl speak of her life pre-SAO, noticing that the tears had ceased to flow. "Ooooh, heh." Jazmyne shook her head slowly, piecing two-and-two together to eventually come to terms that Shino had most likely murdered the winner and took the prize for herself. "That's one way to win a competition. I would've just cheated to be honest, but to all their own. Pretty neat technique if you ask me." Eyeing their surroundings, seeing the looks that everyone happened to be giving them, Jazmyne slid out of her seat before standing, stretching each one of her long limbs. "I think we should change the scenery up a bit. This place is really giving me some bad vibes."

Shino couldnt help but laugh as her friend scolded the nosey child. She looked around noticing nearly everyone staring at them, "I agree that a change in scenery would be good. But it depends on how you take it. Would you rather go somewhere else, or change what is already here?" Shino gave a devilish smile to Jazmyne as she stood up. She reached at the bottom of her back where she kept her weapon, holding it there awaiting an answer. "I would love to redecorate. Blood here, bodies there, maybe a heart on the wall held up by a nail right through the middle of it. The ESRB would have nothing on me." She looked over at Jazmyne once again, "We could even start with the brat if you like."

"You can only attack in safe zones, but even then it'll just end up being shiny effects. A good thing or else most of us low levels would be dead, though unfortunate for when you want to get something done quickly. Besides I'm not in the mood anyways and it's not like I'd straight up murder anyone for something that hardly bothers me." Jazmyne waved her hand in the air nonchalantly, dismissing the proposed idea before winking in Shino's direction. She moved towards the door, once again ignoring varying looks in her direction, pulling it open before motioning for Shino to walk outside first. "Besides, if we're partners then there'll be a lot more chances for times like this. The enthusiasm is a plus though I'll give you that." Not only did Jazmyne feel unprepared to just lash out a weapon a begin murdering but she also only felt motivation to do so, like she said, when a reason is held behind said motives. With exception of her fascination for the feel of killing which would maybe apply once or twice during her time in Aincrad. Shino fueled this wonder, naturally, and Jazmyne felt herself in a trance of enticement with the girl.

Shino sighed in disappointment, "I suppose it isn't worth anything then. This game is such a bore with those rules." Her arm fell back down to her side after releasing her grip on her weapon and she walked somewhat slugishly to the door. She shrugged as she went through the doorway and out to the cobblestone sidewalks, "Correct you are. Though, patience isn't my favorite virtue." Shino walked across the walkway and stood leaning against a building just outside the entrance to an ally. "Where to hun?" She said as Jazmyne approached her once again.

"Yeah," Jazmyne sighed, puffing out her cheeks in disappointment before stuffing both hands within the depths of her pockets. "but if that were the case then newbies would be wiped out." She hadn't thought of that fact until now though the realization had Jazmyne pretty damn thankful that she could reside in a safe zone without worry of the more powerful of players. "It isn't anyone's favorite I don't think." A lazy remark paired with a shrug of slight acceptance. Jazmyne had such a fiery temper that impatience came naturally. She had to get what she wanted immediately or else all Hell would let loose. Waiting wasn't something she did, ever had done, or could stand in the least bit. "Is there a virtue that's likable at all?" Jazmyne wondered aloud with a roll of her eyes, though the nickname certainly had a light blush sweep across her cheeks. Even if just for a second. "Oh, I dunno, I kinda just wanted to get outta there really. Maybe somewhere less crowded." She scrunched her nose up in disgust, nodding her head towards the numerous amount of dwellers the occupied Floor 1 with their "useless existence". "I hate people." Her eyes drifted over Shino's figure. "Well... Not everyone."