[PP-F6] Fiery Fury of the Flaming Feline <Deforestation>(Lawfer) [Complete!]

Kalesh had been living on the sixth floor for a few days now. There was a specific event he was looking forward to, and wasn't going to give other players a chance of beating him to it. Now and then the forest would be set ablaze by a field boss, and Kalesh wanted the rewards and experience it had to offer him. Soon his desire was granted, as in the distance he began to see plumes of smoke rising above the trees. As if on que the amazons of the floor's capital seemed panicked ,one approaching Kalesh and saying "Please, adventurer, Byakko has returned to destroy our homes and livelihood, will you drive the beast off? We need to stay and defend the village!" A second later a quest screen appeared in front of the player's jade eyes. He quickly hit the accept button. "Oh, thank you! We have to prepare, good luck to you!" The NPC said before running off to do its task, whatever that was. Kalesh looked to the horizon in consideration, thinking that he could probably handle this fight on his own, given the floor, but decided he'd rather have a bit of company and it seemed that there weren't any eligible players present on the floor to accept the quest. And so, he decided to play name roulette. He opened up his personal notes and flicked his finger up and down with his eyes shut before poking his finger out and touching the name @Lawfer. Having chosen the name of a player he had seen present at the boss meeting he begins to type up a PM to the player requesting some assistance in taking out the flaming field boss of the sixth floor. With the message sent Kalesh moved to wait near the teleport plaza.

Edited by Kalesh

After receiving the hailing from his new acquaintance, the blonde spearman took a deep breath then a final swig of ale from his pint before standing. "Well I'm off Raise. Time to go grab some SP." Lawfer jested as he turned to the tavern door. Throwing some col on the counter, the dragoon made his way to the doorway. Raising his right hand he signaled a slight wave to the NPC bartender before making his way to Teleport plaza in the center of Urbus on floor 7. AS he reached the crystalline pillar he cleared his through. "Floor Six, Amazon." After speaking the words a pillar of light surrounded the blonde and as it dissipated he found himself materialized in the jungle town. Turning his head back and forth, he caught eye of the red head, whom's hair was as long as his. "Hey Kalesh!" He called in a slightly louder voice than normal to ensure that the man would hear him. "So we've got Byakko to take care of today? It should be easy enough for the two of us. You ready to head out? Or do oyu need to pick up a few things from the lovely ladies of this town?"

While waiting for Lawfer Kalesh equipped his claw weapons, this set he had obtained were too large for him to wear casually like  he did with his first set, so he had to take them off when handling things more complex than a bottle. Soon though the crimson haired man waved to the blonde player when he appeared in a flash of light, happy to see the other player had accepted the request for assistance. "Hey, Lawfer, thanks for coming" He says while tossing him a quick party invite, and then sharing the quest after that. "Yeah, Byakko is our target. I could probably taking him alone, but I'd rather minimize the odds of miraculous failures." He was confident n his luck, unfortunately that included his poor luck was well. He would take risks on a whim, but today his whim was not to take risks. "I'm ready to set out now, no point in waiting, the longer we take to reach Byakko the more fires he makes." With that settled Kalesh gestured to the other player to follow with a smile while heading towards the village's exit and towards the smoke on the horizon.

"No worries big guy!" he responded quickly. Seconds later the 'ping' of his interface sounded. Rasing his right hand, he scrolled through the menu and accepted the party invite. Before closing the window, he scrolled through to his inventory to his equipment. 'I wont need to heal during battle so I'll go with my Lancer set.' he thought to himself as he selected his equipment. As he finished, a swirl of scarlet surrounded him, and encased his body in his Scarlet Dragoon Plate Mail. Then his Highwind materialized over his right shoulder. "Byakko isn't too tough... I've fought him twice now so we shouldn't have any issues." he retorted as he followed the redhead to the outskirts of town. Examining the gear of his companion, the realization that he was a Wild Dance user finally dawned on him. "This is the first time I'm going to be fighting along side someone who uses Wild Dance. How are you liking them?" he asked, as he caught up to the man and began walking beside him as opposed to taking the rear guard.

Kalesh observed the other player while they equipped themselves. Kalesh himself was wearing a black jacket with red interior. He also had a mask accessory hidden under his jacket attached over his hip for the moment. While walking towards the flames the red haired player couldn't help but smile at the curiosity over his weapon. "Wild Dance? Well... It's kind of a pro-con situation." He chuckles softly as he clenches his hand into fists a few times "If you choose the gauntlet-style like I do, you can grab potions and stuff very easily. I'd imaging it'd be tougher with the kind you grab onto."  He spends a moment in thought to gather his summary. "Over all, it's a weapon meant for two things. Critical hits, and prolonged battle. See, the damage is abysmal, and the utility is non-existent. Stuns? The final one I got was two ranks ago. AOE? First rank only. Damage? The strongest sword art it has is ten damage... So it outdamages no weapon type, and those equally weak have utility abilities to compensate." He laughed softly up at the air and says "And the kicker? It's the weakest two handed weapon, hands down, so no shield for me to compensate!" He had covered the cons rather clearly, as there were many "As for the pros... Well... Suppose I land a critical hit. My ten-hit sword art morphs into a thirteen hit sword art. It only costs ten energy though. In a long fight against someone using a weapon that gobbles up stamina, I'd win by endurance... and critical hits if I am lucky. If." He shrugged his shoulders, palms upturned as he did so. "Bad news being that most fights don't last that long. So theoretically the weapon has some handy uses in prolonged combat. In practice? I've basically gimped myself." He takes a nice big exhale before turning his face to the red-armored player and smiles "Buuut it looks cool and nobody uses it, so that counts for something?" He had picked the weapon type on a whim, it was too late for him to reverse his choice so he had to simply live with his decisions.

Taking the time to listen to the man carefully, he could only nod while taking the information in, he too understood the drawbacks of using a lesser known weapon. He himself fell victim to that category. "I understand that one. My two handed spear is a low damage, high endurance type as well. I get the luxury of both Stun and AOE attacks though." He commented as he reached back and placed his hand on grip of his spear. "I had my spear customized a little bit though, instead of only one spearhead, I had Oikawa graft a second serrated edge on the pommel end. Its a little trickier to use, because I lost the pommel. But I think it looks pretty awesome this way." He finished as a bit of a smirk, alliterated his face. Taking a deep breath in, he pushed past some of the dangling vines that semi-barred the path. "So are you planning on joining the coming raid? Or are you planning on sitting this one out?" Lawfer asked as he pushed aside a few more vines.

Kalesh nodded with a smile, admitting he had a bit of envy about the balanced nature of the spear compared to his claws. "Don't get me wrong, as far as looks and gameplay go, I love the weapon, but even I can see that I chose the least optimal weapon in the game... For regular builds. I have some plans, but they'll take preparation. And looots of SP." He shrugged, most people fell into a meta with their stats, but since his weapon had limited aspects in which it could be used, he figured he'd move a bit away from the normal set ups in favor of maximizing his weapon's advantages. "And I'd say that I agree that it looks cool, double bladed weapons are always awesome." He chuckled softly and held up his claw-tipped hands, each finger being sharp and the size of a dagger. "I prefer my claws be smaller, but this was -free-. My ideal is to have a pair of claws that are essentially gauntlets, but with clawed fingertips. Closer to my original pair, and probably with bleed instead of straight damage." He momentarily takes out his first gauntlets and holds them up so the jist could be seen of what he meant before returning them to his inventory. "As for the raid... I plan to take part. That's one reason I am hunting down these field bosses. They give a good boost after the first kill, and items besides." He grinned "The higher I get, the less likely I'll die. I just hope the armor I am commissioning gets finished before the fight itself though..."

Spoiler

Name: Mercenary's Malice
ID: 30033 CD: 12
Profession: Blacksmith
Item Rank: Perfect
Effect: +3 Damage
Item Type: Claws
Description: A pair of black gauntlets that cover the forearm and the entirety of the hand. Instead of blades extending out from the knuckles, the fingers of the gauntlet are sharpened at the tip, giving the wearer hands reminiscent of a demonic claw. The material going up the arms is leathery material the hugs close to the wearer's skin, and can easily go under the sleeves of clothing. The pointed metals tips of the fingers blend in perfectly to aid the illusion of them being the wearer's actual hand.

Edited by Kalesh

The blonde smiled as he looked at the set of gauntlets that Kalesh had presented. "Yeah you can never look a gift horse in the mouth.... Or at least I think thats what the saying is." Lawfer commented with a slight chuckle following. "I imagine that going bleed is great for certain niche fights. I have another spear that grants bleed, but with most fights its all about the straight damage, and its a bit of a shame that the niche fights seem like they never happen." He stated while contemplating his own facts. "As for your armor, are you going straight mitigation? Or are you going with more of an evasion route?" asked the spearman as he looked over to the red head. Judging by his current set of equipment, he wagered that he used light armor and the perks of such was an easier time evading the enemy. Lawfer had opted for the route of using heavy armor, and had regretted the decision, but much like selecting his spear... It was too late to change it. 

Kalesh nodded in understanding "True, but I'm not benefiting much from straight-damage honestly. It helps, but not enough to be spectacular." He shrugged his shoulder "I am mostly going bleed since it will maximize when these things do manage to critical." That was the plan anyways, it was very much only in the planning phase, having yet to be put into practice. "Well, actually I plan to mix it up for the occasion. My current armor is already evasion based, I don't need more... The armor I ordered is straight mitigation, with light momentum to fill in the extra slot." He grinned "If I need evasion, I can wear this jacket over the armor, best of both world, or I can ditch the jacket for accuracy..." He crosses his arms in thought "I am actually saving up materials for a second jacket when necessary. It fits more into the 'endurance' character I am working towards along with the mitigation. It's thorns and... Honestly I am not sure what I'll do with the other slot. Maybe another Light Momentum? We'll see..." He shrugged his shoulders "Sooo in short, I am going to be stacking defense, thorns, and trying to outlast my opponents, wear them down over time with bleed and continuous full-power assaults thanks to the energy costs... There are skills I need to invest in, and mods to get as well, but I am working on it bit by bit." He wasn't under the impression his idea couldn't be done, and done better, by someone else... but he still wanted to see how far he could get with the build in its final stage.

"It definitely sounds like an interesting plan. The neat thing about this game is that as long as you have the right skills, mods and equipment, you can make any combination work for you." He commented, catching a faint wiff of the smoke. Having not realized it before, they were drawing closer and closer to the flame beast, that had been decimating the western area of the floor. "Well judging by the smell, I imagine we are getting close to our destination. It would be best to make sure our gear is in order." Lawfer commented with a slight smirk on his face. Like he had previously stated, it was the third time he faced off against this colossal cat, and both times we just just a smidgen shy of finishing the monster off in one hit. "When we get there, would you like me to take the first crack at it? Or would you like to take first swing at him?" The blue eyed spearman asked as he pulled his arm across his chest, though his body didnt need to limber up, he did so out of habit.

Kalesh glanced up at the sky and saw the smoke and its closeness, a grin crossing his lips as he said to the other player "I'll take the lead. It's my quest, I think that's pretty much the least I can do. He chuckled softly while making sure his jacket was on right and his claws properly attached. He hadn't doubted that they were, but it never hurt to double check, particularly when someone else suggests it. "I'm going to start running now. When I find the cat, I'll try to get a hit on it... Let's do this!" Having given his warning and explanation Kalesh made a charge towards the smoldering wilderness!

True to his word he kept running through the flaming wilderness, trying to find the enemy in question. Then he heard a roar and felt a wave of heat coming towards him! The monster it seemed had discovered him a bit before he had discovered it! He barely had enough time to shield his eyes before a rush of flame pushed against his virtual body, the source having been the creature named Byakko. "Hooooot!!" He says despite the lack of pain, the temperature switch still all forms of uncomfortable. Gritting his teeth he charged towards the large firecat with his claws held at the ready, ready to give it revenge for what it had done to him. When he was close enough his jabbed his claws again and again into the creatures flaming flesh, feeling the warmth around his hands as he struck the beast a grand total of thirteen times before having to pull away, his metal fingers glowing slightly and steaming as Kalesh retreated back to cool down.

[ID# 61151][BD: 10][MD: 9]

[H1]Kalesh: 63/104 HP (-48+7=41)| 16/26 ENG (-10)| 7 MIT | 3 EVA
Action: Pinpoint Massacre (13x1x12=156)

Byakko: 34/150 HP (-156+40=116) | 40 MIT | 48 DMG
Action: Critical!

Edited by Kalesh

"SOunds good..." the scarlet spearman stated as he casually followed the red haired Kalesh. He had originally planned on taking the first attack to help remove any sense of danger that his comrade may receive while fighting, but it was little too late. The sound of Kalesh yelling pierced the quietness of the area. Without hesitation, Lawfer ripped the Highwind from his shoulder and began sprinting towards the scream.As the massive flame tiger came into view, Lawfer pulled back his spear and began his sword art premotion. Activating <Charge>, he appeared before the flame titan as <Vent Forth> engaged and with three spinning slashes and a final thrust, the Byakko shattered into purple polygonal pixels before dissipating into nothingness. "You alright there Kalesh? Need me to heal you or anything?" He asked.

[ID# 61245][BD: 2+3+1Conc][MD: 9]

[H1]Kalesh: 63/104 HP | 16/26 ENG | 7 MIT | 3 EVA
Lawfer 144/144 HP l  29/36 EN (-8/+1) l 57Mit 
Action: Vent Forth (12+3= 15x8=120)

Byakko: DEAD/150 HP (-120+40=80) | 40 MIT | 48 DMG

Edited by Lawfer

Kalesh watched as the spear wielding player suddenly made his entrance. It was certainly appreciated and the player said "No no, just a scratch, I'll be fine!" He made a smile while shaking out his overheated hands, he hadn't gone into the yellow yet so he was in good shape as far as he was concerned. "Was.. Uh... Just caught a bit off guard, but I returned the favor!" He said with a slight sense of triumph as the EXP and items funneled into his inventory with a handy pop-up which he idly dismisses. Right about now, the system began to undo the damage it had done. The skies started growing cloudy and a flash of lightning could be heard as the pitter patter of rain began to surround them. The fires were to be extinguished by 'nature' before they burned the rest of the forest it seemed. "Ooh. Handy! No 'put out the fires' sidequests!" He says with a smirk as slowly the flames started to die down from the constant flow of water sent from the heavens.

Chuckling at the notion of having to put out fires, Lawfer closed his eyes and allowed to brisk refreshing rain to cool him down. "Yeah, Firefighter Lawfer doesn't sound like too much fun" He comment while raising his right hand, he entered his interface and removed his overbearing platemail, and opted for his generic blue cloth tunic. "Well now that we have that little flame kitty taken care I recommend we begin heading back...Not that I dont enjoy the company, but the whole humidity thing is just going to get worse... If im gonna be stuck in a humid environment I would rather be back in Amazon... You know... Enjoying the very well endowed NPCs." He finished while nudging his shoulder into Kalesh's arm.

Kalesh snickered at Lawfer's comment on the environment, nodding his head in agreement. "Hey, you won't get any arguments from me. In my weaker days I actually set that place up as my home base." He turns towards the village as he had agreed with heading back. The ground was a bit softer now thanks to the rain, but not overly so, and his jacket was keeping himself from getting too soaked. Just his hair was going to be dripping until he strained it or something. "Nothing wrong with enjoying the eye candy, the only downside is that nine out of ten times if you try anything you'll be given an orange cursor for a bit." He snickered softly at the idea of someone being chased out of town for getting too friendly with the amazons. "Ah, thanks for the help again, the EXP from this is gonna give me a nice push in the right direction. Won't be long before I'm tough enough to actually survive more than two hits from the higher tier monsters!" He was reasonably excited by this prospect of course. He was steadily gaining power, his training having results.

"Dont even mention it... I get some exp from it as well, and given the fact that you seem like you will be taking part in the raid I think its a good idea for the higher level players to make sure everyone is ready." He commented as he smirked. "Besides ever since Takao dropped the bomb that I will be one of the 'Immortals' I want to make sure I can max out any lingering skills I may need before hand." Pausing for a moment to finalize his calculations, he raised his right hand. "I want to be somewhere around level 45 or 46 when we go into the raid. Which means, I need quite a few more levels." He finished as he busted out in a bellowing laugh. "Its possible... But we will see just how far I g-" the blonde stopped mid sentence having tripped over a large stone. Reaching down, he examined it and quickly realized it wouldn't do him any good.

Mat Gathering:
ID:61380 LD:7 Fail

Edited by Lawfer

Kalesh smirked, unable to disagree with the strategy of raising the weaker up to the same level as the stronger. "Well, then best of luck on getting to your goal as well... So far, I've managed to churn out roughly five levels relatively fast. Puts me at thirty, so hey, progress! That's a fifth of the way to tier three!... Once it unlocks." He shrugged his shoulders a bit and says "Gonna be honest, I both envy and pity your being an 'immortal'. I mean, think about it, you are gonna become a god for a day! Stronger, just more powerful in general... On the other hand, that's a lot of pressure. It's a pretty central goal, and unless you guys clean up shop faster than we can kill the main boss, no final hit for you... Well..." He grinned mischievously "That's what I'd like to say, but from what Takao said, if one is ambitious, the could simply stop the debuff by attacking early and finishing him off. Would put more pressure on the other immortals though." He imagined it, an immortal giving into his greed. Kalesh wasn't the treacherous type, but he was ever paranoid, coming up with ways he could show treachery so he won't fall victim to it. He always had a scheme to ensure he wasn't being schemed against. His eyes scanned the horizon to see if there was anything to see, his paranoia on his mind, but he quickly confirmed to himself there was nothing of note in this section of the wilderness.

[ID# 61385][LD: 10]

Edited by Kalesh

OOC: I just had to use a great roll for it.

"Yeah... I guess I just need to wipe out all the 300 so I can steal the last hit bonus..." The spearman joked as he heard a rustle behind the party. "I think we are being stalked... I got it.... Besides ever since I grand-mastered my spear I dont think I've used my best AOE." He continued as he pulled the Highwind off his shoulder and distanced himself from Kalesh to draw the aggro from the beasts. "Come out... come out, wherever you are!" the blonde yelled  as he caught glance of group of mobs. They were quite tough, especially for them being only on the 6th floor. With all four of the Leopards bunching up ready to pounce, Lawfer activated <Charge>. Appearing right in front of the feline kings, his <Weeping Moon> initiated and with one powerful spin, he cut all four beasts down. Looking up to his energy bar, Lawfer chuckled. "And thats why I didn't use the sword art before." He commented as he looked over at Kalesh. 

ID: 61414
BD: 9+3= 12 +1Crit
MD: DEAD
LD: 17=  +4 Mats, +2160 Col

Lawfer: 144/144   l    12/36EN (-18/+1)
Skill: Weeping Moon- -18 EN-   12+3+1= 16*9= 144DMG

Jungle Leopard King: 0/108  l 36 MIT l 24 DMG

Edited by Lawfer

Kalesh raised a brow and raised his claws slightly when Lawfer mentioned being stalked, ready to get into a scrap only for the other player to take off and wipe out a nice little pack of monsters! He watched in envy as he collected a decent sum of materials and col from the kill, making Kalesh shrug his shoulders with a sigh. "Well, nothing we couldn't handle it seems" He snickered softly as he shook his head a bit. "I doubt this floor has anything tougher than the kitty we just killed, and is there some grave penalty to AOEs I don't know about?" He had rarely if ever used his sole AOE art. It was just his base damage and nothing more or less. As they walked they were coming up on the village's entrance. "Well, I am heading to the tavern for a drink and a nap. That's just me." He blinks and glances over, smiling as he reaches down and tugs up a nearby herb from the ground and looks it over before inventorying it.

[ID# 61417][LD: 15] +1 Material

((OOC: No worries, I'd do the same in your shoes... If I had an AOE.))

Edited by Kalesh

"The main drawback to AOE is the massive energy consumption. Most of my top tier attacks drain a little more than a quarter of my energy. But the last AOE attack I just used managed to sap half my energy, but it is weaker overall. So, they are great for finishing off the small fries in one go, but if there is a higher level monster that has a few friends with it, I may be [censored] out of luck." He finished as he noticed a small statue on a pedastol. Pressing it firmly, it failed to move. "Guess thats not anything special." He commented as his attention was brought back to Kalesh who's silhouette obscured the view of town. "How about I join you and use a little bit of this loot to get us a nice healthy pint or two?" He asked as he followed the man towards the safe zone. "Let me know if you need any help. Between my guild duties and drinking on the 7th floor, I'll try to find time to help you out."

Dungeon Roll
ID: 61446 LD: 12=Fail

Edited by Lawfer