[PP-F5] Shark Night <<Blood in the Sands>> (Kalesh)

A grin formed on Helios' face as he accepted the <<Blood in the Sands>> quest and equipped his blade and armor. He gazed up at the starry night sky. The fifth floor was a lot cooler at night than it was in the day, even if it was still fairly warm. Sitting down on an uncomfortable wooden bench, the noirette opened up his inventory. He needed to see how many potions he was carrying on him, just in case he ran into trouble while fighting the Sand Shark.

A mitigation potion, which would definitely come in handy, sat in his inventory, waiting to be used. However, he wasn't sure if it was necessary to waste it on a monster like this. Helios had some weaker damage mitigation items that had been crafted in his shop, as well as a damage boosting potion. The damage potion was definitely a good choice, seeing as he'd be able to end the fight even quicker than he had hoped.

Despite the fact that Helios could definitely take on the shark in a one versus one duel, the dark-haired player did enjoy the company of others. It would also make the quest go a lot faster. However, it was late, nearly midnight. Who was going to be willing to assist him on a quest at that hour? Scrolling down his "Friends List", he found a few people that he believed could have been interested. Calrex had helped him grind many times in the past and he hadn't spoken to Oikawa in a while. "I don't want to trouble them. They're probably busy. Maybe there's someone else on this floor wanting to do the quest." he muttered, standing up and looking around the area.

As he continued into the town, he found an area that had a fairly large amount of players in it. "Perfect." he smiled, stepping into the crowd and looking for something high to climb onto. Another wooden bench sat in the distance, offering up a spot to sit down on. After walking towards it, Helios climbed onto it and cleared his throat. "Attention everyone!" he called, "I'm taking on the <<Blood in the Sands>> quest and I'm looking to form a party. Is there anyone willing to join me on the quest?"

Most people ignored him. Others noticed, but clearly didn't care. I guess I'll be doing this by myself then.

Kalesh enjoyed the sandy and heated floor unlike some people. Desert and Arabian and so forth settings were a favorite, so at least once a week he made it his mission to spend a day against the elements this floor had to offer him. The main disadvantage to this floor however was his profession. He was a fisherman by trade, but there weren't exactly a lot of fish for him to catch. While getting ready to turn in for the night he heard a player asking for assistance.

He raised a brow as he heard the name of a familiar quest. He hummed softly to himself in thought, remembering the shark that swam through the sand. It sounded fun, and excited his fisherman instincts besides. He had caught the fish before! "Heeey~" He says happily while approaching the other player. "I'm Kalesh, and I think I could help you out with that quest." He chuckled softly and went through his menus, taking out a fishing rod "I'm one of the rare fishermen in this world, if you need help killing a fish, I'm your man." He says confidently before returning the item to his inventory.

He was always happy to help out other players, not only did it give him a sense of pride in making others stronger, but it also gave him a chance to get a little stronger as well. There weren't really any cons in him going on a leisurely quest with another player. It also broke the monotony of grinding and gave him a chance to branch out his social circle. He was a passionate fan of MMO games, he knew better than most that a weaker player is just a powerful player who needs some time to get stronger. "Send me a party invite and the two of us can handle him no problem."

Helios looked down at the player and proceeded to step off the bench. "Nice to meet you Kalesh. I'm Helios." he replied with a grin, opening his menu to send the man a party invitation. He was grateful that the red-haired player decided to go along with him, since he didn't feel like soloing the entire quest. "I've already got all of my equipment ready, so we can head out whenever you feel like it." he told Kalesh. From what Helios could tell, the player standing in front of him was quite a bit stronger than him and probably more experienced in the field as well.

"I take it you've completed this quest before?" he asked, waiting for the player to gather any items he might need to use while they fought the sand shark.

Kalesh nodded happily to the other player, his finger tapping the accept button without hesitation. "I'm good to go anytime, so let's get walking before the sun rises and we catch fire." He rolls his eyes softly, well aware that the desert wouldn't actually be able to do such a thing. When asked if he had completed the quest Kalesh nodded happily "Yup, I have. In fact, I'm a fisherman... I pulled the guy right out of the sand and then killed him." He grinned happily, somewhat proud of the achievement. There weren't many fisherman, much less fisherman who'd try to catch a field boss! "If you want to try that, then I wouldn't mind, buuuuut if you'd rather just fight him normally then I'd understand." He crosses his arms a moment says "If you'd like, I could distract him and you do the damage? If I'm entirely honest, could kill him in one hit." He liked it when lower leveled players were willing to work for their rewards. He also hated when higher level players made things too easy. If the weaker players don't train properly, then they'll pay for it in skill later. That was his philosophy and why he hated leveling guilds.

In either scenario he started walking towards the edge of town, eager to get the trip into the desert on the way. They could talk and walk, and it wasn't like the boss was going to spawn right under their feet when they stepped out of town.

"Well, personally, I the technique we use to kill it isn't really important to me, as long as we end up defeating it in the end," Helios chuckled, "But I also think it would be pretty entertaining to watch you pull a shark out of the sand with a fishing rod."

The young man was a bit surprised that the red-haired man was a fisherman. He'd never met one, since their weren't a lot of them out there. It definitely wasn't the most common profession in Sword Art Online. "If you plan on distracting him, I'll see if I can hopefully do enough damage to quickly kill it. Just to make it go a bit faster, I'll drink this." He stated, taking a damage potion out of his inventory and put it to his lips, drinking the entirety of it.

As they entered the hot, wasteland of a desert, Helios wiped the sweat off of his head. "Well, let's get going then."

(-1 Small Damage Potion)

Edited by Helios
  • 3 weeks later...

Shirosu saw the two people exit town, she had heard the call for a quest and had been intrested in it but by the time she had found the person shouting they had already moved on. After going on a brief, but wild goose chase, she located the guy who had been talking and decided to sprint to catch up. "Hey!" she shouted her eyes watering from the sand that gust in her face. After coming to a stop next to the black haired man she caught her breath and said,"You were looking for people to do a quest with? if so, i'm in!" she could be pushy sometimes.

Helios stopped as he heard a woman's voice behind him. "Hey there. Yeah, that's fine. The more players the better." He smiled, continuing to leave the safezone, into the vast and overheated desert. The noirette looked over to the newly-recruited girl. "I'm Helios, by the way. And this is Kalesh. What's your name?" This player, unlike red-haired fisherman, was a bit lower in levels than the curved-swordsman.

"The shark should be nearby." Helios stated, withdrawing his curved blade from it's leather sheath on his back. "You ready? Kalesh decided he'd only stay to keep us company and only step in if necessary."

(Good, so , i couldn't handle more than one attack from this beast, i need to make myself armour with a little more MIT, so i'm going to ask you to take agro, OTL, I probably wont miss for the most part, unless i roll less than a 3, so I should end up dealing with my sword arts in two turns (without crit) 72 DMG doing just over half the damage, then i become useless haha,)

Shirosu Smiled, she saw that the player she was parting with was just above her in level and she was excited to kill it, whatever it was, even if it was in this smoldering hell hole. She nodded at Kalesh, she had attempted to make armour for him one, but, she hadn't had much luck and had sadly disappointed him. "Hello Helios!" she said with her signature crooked grin, she offered her hand,"I'm Shirosu, nice to me ya" Checking to make sure all of her equipment was in place she nodded when it was, slightly embarrassed at her lackluster stats, but that was a work in progress. She looked over a Helios, the Back haired gut seemed friendly enough, and she was good with friendly, she just so happened to like people in general, they were fascinating. "Let's do this!" she exclaimed happily 

Edited by Shirosu

(Perfect. I'm pretty much the same. One SA and then I'm useless haha. We'll be fine though, we should be able to kill it in 2 or 3 turns, depending on whether we can land a hit or not.)

Taking the woman's hand, Helios smiled. "Nice to meet you too, Shirosu." The dark-haired swordsman replied. Then, he swished his hand through the air, before he forgot to send the player a party invitation. "It'll be easier to keep an eye on each other's health and stats this way." He told the girl as they continued roaming the desert. The raven-haired player twirled his curved sword. "I take it you haven't done this quest either?" He inquired. The girl's hair was the colour of snow and she wore armor that seemed to have decent stats for the level she was at. With her low mitigation, she couldn't take too many hits from the shark, which was fine. Helios was certain he could tank for the group.

Shirosu smiled happily, she loved beating creatures up, and doing so in favourable company was even better in her books. She was a little bouncey as she walked though the sand, he white hair blowing in little wisps out behind her, she tried to stuff it all into her scarf, but it just continued to billow out, impervious to her efforts. She honestly had no clue where the sand shark was, but was pretty sure with Helios's help they could kill it. looking at Helios she asked,"SO, whats the plan?"

The woman asked Helios what the plan to defeat the sand shark was. “Well,” The man started, “Give me a minute, I’ll figure something out.” The swordsman examined the sandy area around them and began to explain their strategy. The field boss was definitely in their vicinity, most likely underneath the sand. It would be hard to counter the mob’s attacks if they couldn’t see where it was going to come from, however it was likely their opponent wouldn’t be able to think for itself, therefore it would probably use the same attack multiple times. They would be able to use that to their advantage and strike at it when it leaped out of the sand-covered floor.  “And that’s it. Not too complicated, but it should work. The shark isn’t super strong."

(I'll spawn it next post ^^)

Shirosu nodded, flashing Helios an excited, almost manic grin, "Lets do this!" she said totally ready to beat down a monster. She listened to his plan, nodding, it seemed pretty solid, and she was happy with his train of thought,"Well then" she said, starting to walk forwards,"How about we find ourselves a big'ol nasty sand beast, then i can get the rewards, and get out of here!"

With a chuckle, Helios raised his curved sword. "Yeah, let's finish this quickly." He replied, with a grin. Suddenly, he felt the sand shift from beneath his feet. Then, a large object shot out of the sand from right under the boy. The shark had Helios' leg in it's powerful jaws. Unfortunately, it was moving to quickly for the boy to land a hit on it. As it was falling back into the sand it flung Helios to the side, letting him out of his large teeth. The dark-haired swordsman landed back on his feet and balanced himself once again. He wasn't ready for the shark to attack so quickly. The player watched carefully for another shift around him. That's how he'd know when and where to strike.

BD: 3+1=4 CD: 8 (+1 Energy) MD: 7

Party:

Helios: 71/80 | Energy: 20/20 | Hate: 1
Shirosu: 56/56 | Energy 14/14 | Hate: 0

Enemies:

Sand Shark: 125/125 | DMG: 30

Edited by Helios