PP/KE - F10 To Take A Life, Or Spare One? (Baldur)

Calrex looked over as Baldur made mention of a handful of players exiting from the cellar of the drinking area, a smirk coming across his face for a second, "It may or may not be, but in any case if they came out, we might as well head down and check it out right?"

Giving a nod of thanks to the attendant the bluenette slowly uncrossed his legs, getting to his feet, "Thank goodness our muscles can't go numb. That tingling sensation after sitting too long is always a nuisance."

Rolling his shoulders he looked over at his teammate, giving a nod, "Well, shall we see what's down there. If anything we might be able to find exactly how much sake this place has in back stock, heh."

Baldur walked over to the cellar door, and to his surprise when he tapped the handle to open up the UI, it was a public door. Opening it, he descended a flight of stairs until they came to another door. When he opened it, he heard the music change, implicating that they had left one field for another. In this case, the safe zone of the city and the restaurant, for a sub-dungeon.

"Well this is handy. I need to start working on catching up to you guys." Baldur joked over his shoulder. Drawing his sword, he pushed his way down into the basement of this restaurant. All round them were giant stacks of unmarked barrels. Between those, Baldur could make out an endless surge of beady eyes. Big ones!

"Rodents Of Unusual Size! I don't believe they exist!" Baldur said with a laugh as he activated <<charge>> and then <<Gen Getsu>>. The azure light which radiated from his blade made quick work of the beasts, but there were still many more.

"I feel like I'm living a cliche right now."

[ID: 64251 BD: 6] <<Gen Getsu>> 12 (base) +2 (charge) = 14 x 6 = 84 DMG

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 NRG: 18/30
<<R.O.U.S.>> HP: 0/40 | MIT 10 | DMG 30

<<Calrex>> HP: ???/??? NRG: ??/??
<<R.O.U.S.>> HP: 40/40 | MIT 10 | DMG 30

Edited by Baldur

ID: 64353
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (+2 Damage)
No Action Taken

"Rodents of Unusual Size?"

"Did...I just hear that correctly?"

Seeing Baldur rush in and engage the monsters Calrex gave a nod as he drew his Grand Blade II. However, as he stepped forward to eliminate the second set of four oversized rodents he felt his foot catch on a knot in the ground, causing him to stumble forward, opening himself up for four bites from the giant rats.

"Heh, I believe the game term is 'dire.' Also, geezes there's a lot of them down here. I'm surprised we didn't get any feces in the sake."

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 NRG: 18/30
<<R.O.U.S.>> HP: 0/40 | MIT 10 | DMG 30

<<Calrex>> HP: 303/307 NRG: 68/68 (3+2 (4) DMG - 30 (4) MIT / 2 Achilles = 4 Minimum Damage)
<<R.O.U.S.>> HP: 39/40 | MIT 10 | DMG 30

Baldur watched as Calrex fell into a pile of giant rats. For a moment he was concerned, but then he saw that Calrex was basically taking no damage while the rats continued to take damage even while he did nothing to them. Putting the tip of his sword into the ground, Baldur leaned on it slightly, in a way he would never treat a sword in real life, but these blades had no concept of wear and tear.

"Come on, Cal, at least take this seriously. What if they had rabies or something."

Another two rats jumped out at him, and Baldur side-stepped them, hitting one of the rats with his simple <<Wa Shu>> sword art. The rat that he didn't kill fell onto the pile on top of Cal.

[ID: 64412 BD: 3+3 (hit) MD: 3] <<Wa Shu>> 12 x 5 = 60 DMG

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 NRG: 14/30 (-5/+1)
<<R.O.U.S.>> HP: 40/40 | MIT 10 | DMG 30
<<Calrex>> HP: 303/307 NRG: 60/68 (3+2 (4) DMG - 30 (4) MIT / 2 Achilles = 4 Minimum Damage)

5/10 Dungeon Mobs Slain

Edited by Baldur

ID: 64518
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 3 (+2 Damage)
Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 9 (No Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +2) = 7 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<Vertical Square>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 60 Remaining)

"What the? Oh come on!"

Calrex felt the thud of the rat as it fell on top of him, feeling a bead of sweat form on the side of his head. As the four creature bit into him once again Achilles triggered, blasting them back before he stood up, quickly assuming the stance for <<Vertical Square>> in a flash of blue light his Sword Art triggered, flying forward from his assisted <<Charge>> attack. The square formed from the slashes appeared almost instantly as four of the gigantic creature burst into crystals.

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 NRG: 18/30

<<Calrex>> HP: 299/307 NRG: 60/68 (3+2 (4) DMG - 30 (4) MIT / 2 Achilles = 4 Minimum Damage)

8/10 Dungeon Mobs Slain

Baldur watched as his friend Calrex blew all of the rats which had piled on top of him away and into the barrels of sake, before unleashing the very flashy square move that one hand straight sword users favored coupled with his charge skill.

It was completely over-kill, though he couldn't blame his friend for doing so after a rat dog-pile had just infested him with imaginary digital fleas.

Looking down, Baldur saw one that his friend had missed getting ready to charge the ultramarine knight, and with a flick of his sword, Baldur ended the AI's fruit-fly like existence.

"Aren't there normally bosses in this thing? Do you think it's some kind of gianter rat, or maybe a sake monster?"

[ID: 64749 BD: 5+3 (hit)] <<Wa Shu>> 12 x 5 = 60 DMG

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 NRG: 10/30 (-5/+1)

10/10 Dungeon Mobs Slain

Edited by Baldur

ID: 64763
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2 / Disguise +1) = 7 (+2 Damage)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated / <<Disguise>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 50 Remaining)

"Usually. I wonder where..."

Before he could finish his sentence Calrex heard the sounds of large footsteps approaching from around a darkened corner. Before he could react suddenly a large arm, with a massive wine gourd wrapped around its wrist, came around. Unexpecting of the attack the bluenette felt himself get slammed into the wall before the monster make its presence fully known.

"Geezes...this thing looks like a sake spirit, but it's huge, possibly drunk off of all the rice wine down here. You all set Baldur?"

Rushing forward he quickly triggered <<Meteor Break>> and <<Charge>>, closing the distance before ripping into his attack, riddling the monster with numerous golden cuts from the Sword Art before leaping back, "A few more attacks should bring this thing down."

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 NRG: 10/30
<<Calrex>> HP: 278/307 NRG: 50/68 (70+2 DMG - 30 MIT = 42 / 2 Achilles = 21 DMG)

<<Drunken Spirit>> HP: 393/600 (13+1+4 DMG * 11 Art = 198 DMG + 9 Achilles)
DMG: 70

Activating his <<charge>> skill and his <<sinonome>> sword art, Baldur danced around the giant <<Drunken Spirit>>, parrying the creature's hand and sake jug, which while not attacks, seemed to flail about with a menace.

"This may be the strangest thing I've ever done here."

Dipping under the arms, Baldur's sword glowed with a blue light as he struck the monster three times, each from a different position as he danced around the creature.

"Maybe we need to try execute some crouching Calrex, hidden Baldur techniques!"

Their lives may have been in danger, but Baldur still found a reason to smile.

[ID#64775 BD: 5+3 (hit)] <<Sinonome>> 12+2 x 9 = 126 DMG

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 | NRG: 2/30
<<Calrex>> HP: 278/307 | NRG: 50/68 

<<Drunken Spirit>> HP: 267/600 | DMG: 70

Edited by Baldur

ID: 64845
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +2) = 3
No Action Taken (1 Recovered / 51 Remaining)

As Calrex readied himself to attack he stopped as he heard Baldur speak, feeling a bead of sweat form on the side of his head, "Crouching Calrex, Hidden Baldur techniques?"

The bluenette couldn't help but give a laugh, "I think if either one of us did anything remote close to those descriptions we'd both be in trouble."

With his laugh done he looked back forward, seeing an incoming jug of wine as he quickly weaved out of the way, "Geezes, for being supposedly drunk this spirit is really mobile!"

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 NRG: 2/30
<<Calrex>> HP: 278/307 NRG: 51/68

<<Drunken Spirit>> HP: 267/600

"That means crouch, Cal!" Baldur yelled as he came running up from behind Calrex and leapt up, putting a foot on the warriors shoulder and propping him up as he jumped even higher, using the momentum he had gained from leaping off of his friend to drive his attack home with the last of the energy he had.

"HAYAH!"

<<Hi Ougi>> activated as he flew through the air, first a high attack, then a low attack, followed by Baldur running the sake spirit through. Baldur's energy ticked to zero and he jumped back, having just earned the creature's ire.

"Alright Cal, it's up to you to save the sake!"

[ID# 64848 BD: 7+3 (hit)] <<Hi Ougi>> 12x3 = 36

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 NRG: 0/30 (+1/-3)
<<Calrex>> HP: 278/307 NRG: 51/68

<<Drunken Spirit>> HP: 231/600

ID: 64853
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +2) = 3
No Action Taken (1 Recovered / 52 Remaining)

"Gah!"

Not prepared for Baldur's approached Calrex felt his body drop from the man's weight before the samurai-themed player flew forward and cut through the spirit once again. Unfortunately, his current stance didn't give him a proper point to push forward from, meaning that he had to use time to adjust his footing.

"Well at least that worked!"

Leaping to the side the bluenette acknowledged his teammate, "Sure thing, just leave the rest to me!"

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 NRG: 0/30
<<Calrex>> HP: 278/307 NRG: 52/68

"I appreciate you letting me stand on my own two feet." Baldur said as he waiting for the single point of his energy to tick up and allow him to do a basic attack. Swiping his sword through the monster. The only reason he bothered was because it appeared the drunken sake spirit had lots of HP, but no armor.

"But really, feel free to jump in here any time and finish him off." Baldur teased the higher leveled blue player.

Baldur's slash barely moved the health bar, but he continued to whittle it away. Eventually he could finish it off by himself, hopefully before it did the same to him.

[ID#64951 BD: 10] Base attack +2 crit

<<Calrex>> HP: 278/307 NRG: 52/68

<<Drunken Spirit>> HP: 217/600

Edited by Baldur

ID: 65039
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4
Craft Dice: 11 (Battle Healing Activated)
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +2) = 2
No Action Taken (1 Recovered / 53 Remaining)

"Heh I would...but for some reason I'm having my own problems. I think this cramped space is making it more difficult to use my sword."

As he tried again to approach the bluenette looked as he saw the cutting path of his Grand Blade II almost meet a support pillar. If he had continued the strike it would have likely gotten stuck. Clenching his bicep he quickly stopped the sword, taking a quick step forward to help catch himself from the momentum, "Geeze...this spirit is really causing some trouble."

<<Calrex>> HP: 293/307 NRG: 53/68 (Battle Healing +15)

Baldur tried really hard not to laugh as Cal and the spirit danced back and forth around one of the pillars. He was glad that the system didn't allow cal to cut the beam and have the floor collapse on us, but he managed to halt his swing just before it hit in any case. Putting the point of his katana into the floor in one of the mortar joints, Baldur leaned on it slightly; something he would never have considered doing in real life.

"Look Cal, if you're not gonna take this seriously, I don't know what to tell you."

He hoped he wasn't poking too much fun at his friend, but perhaps it was a good reminder for the strongest player in Aincrad.

[ID: 65072 BD: 1 (miss)] No Action taken

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 NRG: 1/30 (+1)
<<Calrex>> HP: 293/307 NRG: 53/68 (Battle Healing +15)

Edited by Baldur

ID: 65081
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +2) = 4
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 43 Remaining)

"Trust me, it's not intentional!"

Calrex gave a laugh at Baldur's comment, as he already knew that most likely this battle wearing on both of them. This should have been concluded many passed moments ago, and yet the spirit was still standing before them. It could have been the environment, or just sheer bad luck, but it was being dragged on.

Looking down at the Grand Blade II the bluenette quickly determined the length of his blade. He was accustomed to it, but for the most part all of the battles he had participated in were in open air, or at least roomy, settings, meaning that there was more than enough space for full-power arcing swings that seemed to be part of his Sword Arts' techniques. "I've got to keep my movements tight..."

Bringing his elbows in he shifted his stance, shrinking his profile with his sword in front, almost similar to how a fencer would position themselves. Readying <<Meteor Break>> once again the sword shined gold before he rocketed forward, narrowly avoiding the spirit's strike as he crashed into it with a shoulder charge. Rapidly cutting through it he came down with yet another helm strike, knocking the dungeon boss back while another massive chunk of its health vanished, "Alright...just one more strike and it should be finished."

<<Calrex>> HP: 293/307 NRG: 43/68

<<Drunken Spirit>> HP: 77/600 (13+1 DMG * 11 Art = 154 DMG)

"I'm afriad this is all on you. I'm hoping to build up an energy reserve so that I can at least do something, but right now I can only perform basic attacks and it's not very worthwhile."

Baldur pulled his sword up as Calrex went charging in. He might be saving his energy in order to try and land a solid hit, but he could at least cover Calrex's flank and maybe help push the sake spirit into a corner where it couldn't evade his friend's blows.

"See if he can herd him in a specific direction to limit his movements and then you can nail him to the wall with that sword of yours."

Taking up a flanking position, Baldur tried to use his and Cal's positions to force the monster to move back into a corner where it couldn't be as evasive.

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 NRG: 2/30 (+1)
<<Calrex>> HP: 293/307 NRG: 43/68

<<Drunken Spirit>> HP: 77/600 

ID: 65082
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +2) = 2
Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 22
Sword Art <<Star Quint Prominence>> Activated (9 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 35 Remaining)

As Baldur stepped in, using his warding maneuvers to push the spirit back, Calrex gave a nod as he weaved around the samurai warrior's moved, entering a stance to trigger an old Sword Art he had not used in quite some time. The Grand Blade II shined with a bright blue aura as he unleashed <<Star Quint Prominence>>, rushing forward. Even though he only used three strokes, the outline of a star was traced in the air, cutting away the last of the spirits health as it burst into crystals.

With a sigh of relief the bluenette resheathed his sword, giving a nod to his teammate, "Well, that took longer than expected, but hey, at least we managed to completed this dungeon. Let's get out of here."

<<Baldur>> HP: 120/120 NRG: 2/30
<<Calrex>> HP: 293/307 NRG: 35/68

<<Drunken Spirit>> HP: 0/600 (13 DMG * 6 Art = 78 DMG)

"I agree my friend, let's retire from this place." He gave a slight chuckle as he sheathed his katana and clasped his friend on the shoulder. Leading the man out of the cellar dungeon, he paused at the bottom of the stairs. Looking over his shoulder, he grabbed a bottle of Sake and slung it over his shoulder.

"We'll definitely have to do this again... the uh.. getting drinks part, not the missing spirits for hours part."

Baldur cast a jovial smile at his friend.

"If anyone asks, there were like... 30 of them."

Thread Complete

Baldur - 1 SP thread, 2 SP intermediate Dungeon, 200 Col + 1,120 Dungeon Col & 2 Mats
Calrex - 1 SP thread, 2 SP intermediate Dungeon, 200 Col + 1,120 Dungeon Col & 2 Mats

Edited by Baldur