[PP-NK-F5] Rain in a Sand Storm (Rain)

Rain in a Sand Storm

As it would seem to many out there, the desert was always and forever will be a dangerous location.  Nothing could tell the truth more than experience itself.  The fifth floor was home to the largest desert that has appeared within the corrupted walls of Castle Aincrad.  Nearly all of the floor was home to sand and the ruins that it kept beneath it.  For many, this floor was one of many to avoid.  Many would pass through to continue checking on new and exciting floors above, while others just don't like the heat.  On the other end, are those that travel these scorched sands in search of treasure and stronger enemies.

It is at the ends of this desert that a lone hunter has found himself.  Leaning against a large obelisk, he seemed to be in waiting for someone.  For whom this was, however, the hunter did not know.  He didn't need to know, as long as they needed his help; he would be there.

In his usual fashion, the wanderer finds himself wandering. This time, it's the sand filled 5th floor of this godforsaken place called Aincrad. Why he was here he really doesn't know. He's been to this floor a couple of times already and everytime, it was a terrible experience - sand. I mean, who would make a giant floor filled with sand? It's crazy how someone found all the time to encrypt all that data.... on sand... thousands upon thousands of sand. I don't if you haven't noticed, the wanderer hates sand. He also hates the heat. He'd much prefers his cold snowy 4th floor.

It seemed that the sands of time were on his side this day as he found something or someone moving in the distance.  Moving from his spot, the hunter moved closer to the target, which would turn out to be another player.  This one was somewhat familiar in his eyes, though something else caught his attention.  To many players, they could only see two things off of another person: their health bar and their guild icon.  Those and their physical appearance were all that someone could tell from just a glance, but usually that's all one needed to know.

This something was part of an problem, that the hunter liked to change.

"Hail traveler!"

Edited by Hirru

OOC: Sorry, had to take care of some paperwork so I can finally get solid net. x.x sooon, I'll be back to gaming.

"Nothing but sand! Gah! Why am I even here in the first place!" It can't be stressed enough. The wanderer hates sand.... well, to be even more specific heat. He hates the heat. I loves his cold snowy haven that is the 4th floor. Why he's here, he doesn't know.

As the wanderer trudged through the desert, a sudden voice echoed ahead of him. "A random stranger? No, something's different. I better play it carefully." The wanderer didn't yell back. He was gonna play this like he does to everyone, silence. As he got closer, he quickly realizes that this person was someone of KotB, the guild he's recruiting for. He's still new there so he hasn't exactly gotten a chance to put everyone's faces to memory.

(It's all good.)

The individual didn't seem to respond in kind, but that was fine.  Everyone was entitled to their views, and the hunter was quite suspicious to just pop up out of nowhere.  Unfortunately, this was his normal hunting grounds, so the chance to meet him in the desert was higher than anywhere else.  Though, not many people actually knew about the Jade Hunter of the Knights of the Blood Oath.  Especially because the desert was his hunting grounds, as no one wandered there without reason.

"Worry not!  I'm just a humble hunter; be it beast or lore."

The hunter would call out to the individual to ease them away from a multi hit sword art through his heart.  People were on edge lately, and there was proper reason why.

"It's not very often that I see people in the desert, and wanted to make sure that you are not lost."

"Not all those who wander, are lost. I may not know why I'm here, but I'm sure there's a reason." His typical reactional comment when one mistakes the wanderer to be lost. He normally wouldn't speak, but calling out the wanderer to being someone lost always seems to irk him. He's very prideful. He'll almost normally, never admit that he's lost. He actually likes the adventure from wanderer. Lost means you're worried that you can never find your way. Being a wanderer means being lost is your way. Your path through life is a forever intertwining road of wonder. This is road he's chosen as he's wandered around from town to town, place to place for most of his life. It's a habit that - frankly - I don't think the wanderer could ever escape.

The hunter chuckled from within his throat at the response that he gained from his own inquiry.  Of course, that also gave a telltale sign of whom this person was.  

"I assume that you're Rain, then."

It was at that moment that the hunter opened up his menu to search his previous messages.  One of which would be one from his Vice Commander, Mack, which detailed something about a new recruit that needed to be tested.  Though, by "detailed" he meant "vague to the point of not caring," which was Mack's forte.  Mostly about a wanderer that didn't like being called "lost", or something like that.

"Be on the lookout for a wandering, white haired player that doesn't like to the word 'lost'.  He's to be tested under the eyes of a knight..."

There was more to that message, but that was for the hunter's eyes only.  Also, it was mostly idiotic assumptions that he wasn't doing his job right, or something along those lines.  The hunter pushed the message off to the side before addressing the wanderer again.

"If not, I apologize.  The sender of that message loves to poke fun at my hunting techniques, and sends rather vague information."

"I take it that sender was Mack, then yes, that's me." The wanderer grew curious. Tested? He had thought that after pming the vice commander for joining KotB, that that would be enough. Sadly, he was mistaken. Of course, he should've seen it coming. A large guild such as KotB should test the mettle of their recruits.

Now the wanderer's mind wanders, thinking what the test could be? The rest of the other players words never penetrated his overwhelming powers of staring blankly into space thinking deeply. "Will it be written.. hopefully not." The wanderer's Japanese still needs some work. "Perhaps, mental. Mental sounds good. I can go mental." "Or maybe it would be in acting the part. I gotta play the righteous guy who protects people right? Something like that? Errr... that's a little too much for me.." The wanderer wasn't sure the test will be, but something tells him it will be a bit of a challenge."Whatever it is, I'll beat it. I will survive this game."

The hunter looked upon the one that was called Rain.  Just by appearances, the hunter couldn't tell much, again from the world only giving limited information about the subject.  Though, his weaponry was still in view, which gave the hunter a glimpse into his techniques.  With that in mind, the hunter had something in mind for him to accomplish.

"Very well!  We'll start your training immediately."

The hunter opened his menu again before quickly sliding several things into place.  In an instant, a tall staff appeared in the hunter's off hand.  At the end of it sat an emerald flame that danced elegantly in the desert air.  The hunter took the long torch and stabbed it into the ground, which seemed to sink into the sand a little too easily.  As it did so, the sand around the area seemed to shift under their feet before a large scorpion appeared before them.

"As a front line guild, we pride ourselves with members that can protect one another.  So your first test is simple: defeat the scorpion.  This scorpion is drawn to the flame and will ignore you, for now.  I won't step in... unless I need to."

Scorpion
HP: 60
DMG: 30
MIT: 15

[ID: 61839]
[MD: 2]

Edited by Hirru

The wanderer watched as a scorpion dug out from the sand right bellow them. It came out as if it was suppose by this spearman. "Just what is he..."

Without a second thought, the wanderer grasped Bakuzan from it's scabbard. He instantly drew and slashed his blade along the scorpions body. He moved as if it was second nature to him. It seems like everyday the wanderer is getting to close reaching grandmaster with his blade. 

ID# 61842 results: Battle: 7
[Level 18] [HP (72/72)] [EN (11/18)] [DMG 8] [ACC 3] [EVA 2] [MIT 9]

» [Zekkai] DMG 8 * SA (1*7) = DMG 56 - MIT 15 = DMG 41
  » -7 EN

[Scorpion] [HP 19/60] [DMG 30] [MIT 15]
 » -41 HP

Edited by Rain

It only took one hit to take the scorpions health down below half, but just above red.  Though, that one attack gave the hunter all of the information that he needed about Rain's equipment.  As he had already ventured with, and fought with, katana users; the hunter was already used to the power that one could perform with a Zekkai.  He was also familiar with the state of first tier equipment versus second tier, as he used his own T1 gear even after getting past level twenty five.  It was his first test to check Rain's combat ability as of now, so that he could be trained appropriately, in the future.

The scorpion, with its attention still focused towards the flame, kept a constant barrage of attacks at the hunter while he carried the torch.  As the sand flew with each blow, it would settle to show the blows landing several inches from the hunter.

[ID: 61883]
[MD: 2] Miss

Edited by Hirru

The wanderer turned back around to face the scorpion one last time. He tightly gripped his blade. He quickly rushed in before the scorpion could attack again. As his blade was about to touch the scorpion, it began to glow azure. The wanderer dragged Bakuzan along the body of the scorpion leaving a large red mark on the creature. Eventually, the body of the creature split in half and in an instant, pixelated.

Turning back at the emerald headed spearman, "What was that for?" Suddenly summoning that mob without any time to prepare, it was out of the wanderer's habit. He normally likes to prepare his potions, before entering battle. Luckily for him, that scorpion was nothing.

Spoiler

ID# 61886 results: Battle: 8 Loot: 15
[Level 18] [HP (72/72)] [EN (5/18)] [DMG 8] [ACC 3] [EVA 2] [MIT 9]
 » [Zekkai] DMG 8 * SA (1*7) = DMG 56 - MIT 15 = DMG 41
  » +1 EN; -7 EN

[Scorpion] [HP 0/60] [DMG 30] [MIT 15] DEAD
 » -41 HP

+1 Material (100%)
+300 Col

- Total Loot -
1 Material
300 Col

Edited by Rain

The hunter watched as Rain took out the scorpion with slight ease.  It didn't take long for his trainee to start to question his methods, or so he would think.  The jade haired hunter looked upon the recruit before looking at the emerald flame.  It flickered and danced with the wind

"There is much to learn from fighting a single enemy.  Many questions come up, and many answers for them.  Some are not answered, while we get answers for questions that haven't been asked."

He looked back towards the white haired wanderer before motioning him to follow.  The Jade Hunter began walking through the sandy dunes while continuing to talk.

"On the front lines, we will be facing the unknown.  Bosses whose patterns change as frequently as the flame flickers.  Enemies that attack without warning, and other surprises.  Though, that fight was a simple one, you must always be ready for the unexpected.  You passed the first test, but be ready for the next."

The wanderer began to follow this pretty strange spearman. He kept talking on and on about battles always changing, which rightfully knew. It was already know that bosses change attack patterns, yet he kept talking on and on about it, why? He doesn't know. And frankly, right about know, he doesn't care, cause as they began to walk away, the wanderer realized he just over killed that scorpion which could've saved some energy. Distraught from his action, the wanderer stopped for a moment and deeply thought about what else he could've done. He could've used a Hi Ougi maybe.. No, that wouldn't have done enough. A Wa Shu would've done enough damage to bypass all that mitigation. 

+1 EN

Edited by Rain

The hunter would continue to lead him towards the labyrinth of the fifth floor.  He wasn't saying much else along the way, instead looking at everything that they passed by, especially the moving sands underneath them.  After some time, the hunter would stop just before one of the biggest obstacles that the front lines had with the fifth floor: a large sand storm, that barred access to the tower.  Reports from them say that this storm is like the forest on the third floor, and will mess with player's maps.  To make it worse, it can mess with perception, and turn people around so they appear back at the edge of the storm.

The hunter turned towards the wanderer at this time.  He wanted to find a ruin to be Rain's final test, but nothing was around the area.  The labyrinth will have to do.

"As you would like to reserve your energy, this will be your second test.  The sand storm is an old byproduct of this floors boss, and erratically changes.  It will throw you back here, if you do not stay on course.  You must traverse through it to the labyrinth beyond.  There are three 'flags' within that will point towards the next one.  If you get thrown back here, try again."

The hunter said as he planted the torch into the sands.

[ID: 61995]
[LD: 7+5] No Dungeon found

[Second test rules: Each flag has a set LD that you need to pass to get to it.  Flag 1 = 10+ LD | Flag 2 = 12+ LD | Flag 3 = 15+ LD.  You must find each one in sequence.  If you do not get a good roll, you will be thrown back to the beginning.  However, you will be able to continue from where you left off, as you would naturally remember where you went.]

[Reminder: -1 LD for poor visibility.  It's a sand storm, after all.]

Edited by Hirru

"Wonder another test..." The wanderer was started to get irritated at these random sudden tests. Of all things too, finding flags in a sandstorm. He still hasn't distributed points into search and detect yet, so his skills at finding things were still limited. Fortunately for the wanderer, he has an item that helps finding things. With a few wave of his fingers, the wanderer's clothes glow and change in an instant. It may look odd, but this set of a suit actually helps with searching.

- The Wandering Ronin Unequipped - [+2 EVA; +9 MIT]
- The Wandering Kingmans Equipped - [+2 LD; +9 MIT]

After switching gear, he began to trudge on forward through the sandstorm. It wasn't long until he found his first flag.

ID# 62016 results: Loot: 13 (12+1)

+1 EN

Edited by Rain
  • 1 month later...

As the wandering soul marched into the storm, the hunter figured that he should find his own way through, which was something he did not think of.  The sand storm takes up a large part of the labyrinths entrance and several kilometers of the mountain range surrounding the entire floor.   He would normally take the flagged path, but if he went by himself then the wandering youth would just follow him without any problem.  There wouldn't be any reason to test him, if the hunter did that.  Though, waiting was another option.  As it would take him a while to get to the other side, so there was no rush.

[Sorry about the long wait.  I lost my motivation a while ago, but I'll pick this back up.]

Edited by Hirru