[PP-F1] Debts and Disaster

Avilon rose up from the bed yawning and stretching out as she was quite well rested from a good night sleep, she looked around the room still a bit groggy as she eyed it curiously and shrugging. As she strolled through Xion's shop she began to search for a shower opening a door into the closet and wandering in half expecting to find herself in a bathroom but mistaken as she grabbed a coat and grimaced. "I don't remember this," she murmured still waking up as she simply shrugged it off. Her mindless wandering not clicking in her head that she wasn't in fact in an inn room as she then walked in to door number to smiling as she saw the pristine porcelain of a toilet and the tub beside it. She quickly slipped out of her clothes and hummed now pulling out a towel from her inventory and hanging it along a hanger on the side of the tub as she now slipped into it. Sprinkling a mixture of hot and cold water as she also pulled out some herbs. As she mixed them into the tub it began to bubble up with suds her body now hidden beneath them as she sighed relaxing. This would take her a fair amount of time, although she did have an early to rise schedule. A good hour of soaking would pass as she still looked at the time.

7:00 AM.

Looking at her in game menu she nodded and slipped out a sudsy glistening figure now popping out as she hummed and stepped out lifting up the drain and wrapping a towel about her body. It tucked in at the top of her back to keep the majority of her covered. She then reached in and grabbed a hand towel she used on her head now tossing the pink hair about. She then nodded as she started coming her hair back and putting her usual morning finishing touches on.

8:45 AM

Avilon yawned and began to feel refreshed and awake as she now walked back to the bedroom eyes closed as she began to hum. Unaware of the gentleman in the room whom she had been indulging his appliances so far. Stopping dead in her tracks the moment she now opened her eyes to see the man who had rescued her last night out from the frozen lake. Glancing down to her appearance and back up to the sleeping male she quickly rubbed herself down keeping one eye upon him at all times as she now dressed up in the beginner clothes rather flustered. After getting fully dressed she sighed relieved that he didn't see any of that now contemplating what she should do. "I guess I should let him sleep?" She asked puzzled now nibbling her lip. "Oh I can make him breakfast to repay him when he wakes up!"

9:45 AM

She shrieked as suddenly her oven mit and the eggs were caught on fire as she added to much cooking oil to it as it now blazed two feet above her. "Fire, fire, fire!" Screeching loudly now as she began to run around the furnace waving them and looking for anything to help. After words she put it back down on the fire and flung the mitts into the furnace that were now acting as fuel. "Water," she raced up with a few cups and filled them from the tub and then raced back down not realizing that water wasn't good for grease fires.

Xion groaned as he groggily awoke, the teen rolled over to see that the bed he was in was void of any other person. "Avi...?" he mumbled, curious as to where the girl had gone, but too tired to get up and search for her immediately. "She....she must ha-" the boy mumbled before nodding off, sleeping for a while before he heart screaming. "Wha-..." he said, sitting bolt upright as he heard more screaming.  "Avilon!?" he yelled, rushing out of his bed and running downstairs, smelling fire as he turned around and saw the tall blaze of fire that was his forge.  "Bloody hell Avilon!" he yelled before rushing over to the forge, sticking his hand into the flame and pressing the command button which turned the forge off, the flames dying out as he pulled his hand away. "Avilon...are you ok?" he asked, turning to the girl. "I don't know what you were doing but forges aren't things to mess around with, not that I'm mad, I just don't want you to hurt yourself..."

Avilon's face was a pathetic whimpering one as she held onto the frying pan as the meal disintegrated as it was burnt beyond recognition now sniffling. "I-I'm sorry I just thought that I could use the forge to cook you some eggs, b-but then when I put in the cooking oil it flamed out of control and ..." hanging her head and letting the frying pan in hand now point down toward the ground as it looked a bit charred but nothing else. "I burnt the eggs and now they are pixels again." She was a failure at cooking in real life as she wasn't particularly good at telling what was high or low merely based everything upon smell which only helped when it wasn't already completely toasted.

Xion sighed and smiled. "Don't worry, you need to have the cooking profession and...you know...the facilities to cook to be able to do that in Aincrad..." he said, grabbing a broom and sweeping up some of the ash that was on the floor. "I appreciate it though...how about this, we'll go to an inn or a diner and get some food there, on me" he said with a smile, picking up his trench coat from the chair that he had sat on last night and putting it on. "I'll give you a minute or two to get ready, I just sort of throw this on whenever I need to go somewhere so you know..." he said with a warm chuckle before walking towards the front of the store, looking through the windows. "It's a nice day...sunny...calm...almost perfect you know"

Avilon didn't actually realize that, she guessed that mean if she was gonna repay him by cooking then she would need a new job. "I still haven't done the finding a profession mission as I don't even know what I want to be yet." She grimaced now adding that to the knowledge she didn't know about Aincrad, although that would explain why everything that could go wrong went wrong while cooking. Hearing him state that the meal was on him made her droop more, "I-I was gonna try and repay you and hear you are offering to even pay for a meal for me. Y-yeah it does look quite nice outside now doesn't it." She stated still a bit disappointed in herself as she now walked over to the door and nodded. "Umm where do you want to eat?"

"You don't need to repay me...we went through this last night, as long as you survive and become stronger, I will consider your debt paid" he said with a smile as the girl walked up to the door. "I know a nice little place, not too fancy but it's not the worst you can imagine at the same time..." he said before opening the door and gesturing for the girl to leave first, trying to be polite. "Come on Avilon, you need breakfast don't you?" he asked with a smile before following her out, locking the door behind them. "Alright then...follow me" the boy said with a smile as he began to walk at a gentle pace. 

Avilon nibbled her lip, nodding again still feeling guilty as she wasn't certain if growing stronger was enough to get her through this game as she was already quite forgetful as is. "Thank you sir," she spoke rather softly as if talking to a teacher at school in a manner to not try and offend them as she was still in the academic mind set even after the months in SAO. As she stood outside she glanced back waiting to figure out what direction they would head off in as she wasn't all that great with them. She hopped the first few steps before she was able to partially match him as she now kept an eye out on his heels still contemplating other means to try and show her gratitude other then just simply growing stronger.

The blonde sighed and chuckled as he listened to Avilon. "Don't call me sir...I'm not your superior, heck the only people I ever call sir are higher ups in my guild, and that's rarely. Just call me Xion ok?" he said with a smile, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder as he had stopped to say this. "Anyway, the shop is only a couple of minutes away" the boy continued, walking onwards, taking them through a few streets and turns before arriving at the shop. "Ah, here it is..." the blonde said with a smile, turning to avilon once again. "Come on, let's get some food" he said, taking her hand gently and walking in, guiding her without thinking. 

"Um right," she nodded a bit more confident now as he told her that she was suppose to feel a bit more comfortable and not call him by such former titles. She then glanced around noticing the place where he was taking her wasn't to far off now. "What type of place is it?" She asked a bit confused looking at the rather nice outside of the building as she began wrap her arm around Xion's her head even resting against his shoulder as if turning what would have been an awkward silence into a full on conversation. Frankly japan had some of the strangest places one could eat at, her most favorite though was a neko cafe where girls who walked in got a free hair band with neko ears that stuck out.

Xion smiled as the girl wrapper her arm around his, stroking her head gently as it was rested upon his shoulder. "It's just a quiet little place...nothing special..." he said as he walked her towards a table at which they could sit side by side, as he didn't want to force the girl to let go of his arm. "Let's sit down here..>" he said before resting on the seats, waving an NPC over to take their orders. "I'll take... bacon, hashbrown...maybe some bread and sausages please..." he said to the npc, looking at the more british options in the menu before turning to Avilon. "Avi, what do you want?"

Listening to Xion's order she now began to contemplate what exactly to have herself looking down into the breakfast menu now spotting a few things. "I would like the strawberries with yogurt, and some sausage with poached eggs please," she spoke as sweetly as possible as she was quite a polite young lady. Reaching over she would now take her utensils out of the napkin placing the forks on the right and the knife upon the left side of where her platter would be when it was all cooked and served. "Oh, could I also get some milk please," she spoked up before closing her menu and putting it down on the table.

The NPC nodded before walking off, leaving the two for a few minutes. "Interesting choice...not that I would order all of those things together, but eh, that's me..." he said with a smile as he looked at the girl next to him, becoming lost as he admired her. She was beautiful, cute, charming...she was all around pleasant. "She's...so..." he mumbled, unaware that he was actually speaking as his hand gently gripped hers. He snapped out of the trance quickly, shaking his head as he looked away, his hand still gripping hers. 

Avilon now rocked back and forth in her chair till idle conversation was being made once more, "Oh, you know me just trying to stay healthy while also widening my pallet, although I must admit I probably don't gain weight in game. So, I guess that is a blessing in disguise!" She cheerfully thought now wishing that she could experiment with this and fill herself up although he was already gone which didn't really matter in the end. Catching a few of the mumbled words, "She's so?" Avilon now glanced around seeing another beautiful player eating a few tables away realizing he probably was talking about her. "Oh, well yes I guess I could see what a guy would see in her she seem quite pleasant and beautiful. I must admit I don't really understand the human reasoning for wanting to seek companionship." Cheerfully nodding and giggling now booping his nose with her finger. "I could ask her to come over and she could friend request you and talk later? Er maybe that would be bad with me being a girl too."

Xion shook his head as he looked at the girl that Avilon was referring to. She too was beautiful too, but he felt nothing for her, she....just wasn't the same, he couldn't explain it but there was something special about the girl beside him that made him crazy, something that he just couldn't resist or explain using words. "No....I'm not talking about her... there's no way i could ever talk that way about someone like her..." he said, staring into Avilon's eyes as he spoke, barely having to think about the words that left his mouth, they felt natural. "She's nothing like the person that I was talking about..." he said, his hand gripping onto hers tighter as his other one found it's way to her shoulder, the boy's body moving without thought. "The....the person that I'm talking about has beautiful pink hair...she's cute, charming and kind. She's a tank like me, and we've fought together in battles...." he paused for a second, taking a deep breathe in as he composed himself. 

"I haven't known her for very long, but already I've found myself falling for her, I've fallen for her smile, her hair, her kindness. I've fallen for her eyes, which are blind but beautiful...I've fallen for you Avilon..." 

Avilon looked back as he shook her head wondering if maybe she mistook his gaze and was instead looking toward someone else behind her now blinking as he started to sound a bit cruel. "W-why couldn't you be talking about her like that," her voice almost being offended. "What are you saying she isn't even pretty enough, there is a word for people like that it's called vanity mister." She stated now trying to give his ego a good wrapping against if that was the case. As she heard him continue though now frowning not realizing he had someone else in his life already, "Err sorry I didn't realize that you had already met someone that you had cast your gaze upon." As he started listing details about people who seemed to be a complete ringer of herself but that didn't really cross her mind as they didn't really know one another till yesterday if she was being honest.

As he continued though she began to look more and more lost till he mentioned her name, her entire body freezing up as a flustered rose color now took a hold of her.  "W-what n-now?" She spoke mid rocking and then losing her balance as she now crashed down onto the ground her head hitting roughly into the floor as she now laid there her hips over her face and skirt sliding down over her face. "D-don't s-say mean things like that, I-I'm s-sick of people teasing the blind girl!" She shouted not really understanding how to take this in stride. "G-go that way avilon, ha you walked i-into a wall again ... I-I ..." She began to pull herself back up with tears. "I-It's not funny!" She shouted.

Edited by Avilon

Xion was surprised by her reaction, he had expected surprise and shock, but her falling out of her chair? That was unexpected. "A-are you ok there?" he asked, leaning out of his chair and helping her up, trying to ignore the fact that he could see up her skirt. She was crying, it was obvious from what she said that the girl hadn't had an easy life, that she had been bullied and picked on because of something that she couldn't control. "Avilon I'm not making fun of you...trust me..." he said, using his sleeve to wipe away some of her tears. "I would never...ever string someone along like that...I have nothing to gain from manipulating and tricking people, least of all someone as nice as you" The tank said, smiling in an attempt to cheer the girl up. "Listen to me, please. I know...I know that I may be rushing this, heck this may even be a selfish thing for me to do but for some reason...some unexplained reason I find myself attracted to you...to all of you. From your smile and your kindness to even things like your eyes...trust me I'm not lying" The boy sighed, taking a deep breathe in. "Just...please....believe me and give this a chance...if you want to..."

Avilon' expression was a flustered one as she now laid there awkwardly as she then was helped back up into her seat begging his pardon, "R-really?" She sat their rather flustered her entire face lit up like a red bulb on a Christmas tree as she kept restating the same awkward shock, "Y-you really mean this isn't a joke? Y-you ... actually want to s-spend time together and like date me?" Stopping now as she began to let all that sink in her entire body fidgety as she felt a bit awkward, a heat burning through her core as she now had a sudden nervous feeling. "I-I never have been proposed an offer l-like this before, I mean wait you do mean boy friend ... n-not just normal friend right b-because I don't like getting these things wrong," rambling forth now as she was completely out of her comfort zone. "Because I'm n-not use to guys wanting to date me as they don't normally like helping someone out with this handicap? ... I want to know if you mean it ... w-would you even take me as a girlfriend ... in the real world knowing I'm blind?"

Xion simply smiled and nodded in response to her initial questions, there was no doubt in his mind that he wanted to spend time with her, there was no doubt that out of all the people he had met in what was nearly a year in SAO he only wanted to spend time with her. "There's nothing I would rather do than spend time with you.." the boy said, before hugging her on instinct, he didn't even think before his body completed the action...it just seemed...like the right thing to do. "Avilon...I want to date you....I want to be able to share memories with you as your boyfriend...I...I want to be able to say that I love someone as beautiful and kind as you..." He said, taking a few seconds to collect his thoughts, his mind was racing as he thought about how to appropriately voice his thoughts, tell Avilon how much he had fallen for her. "I...I don't care about you being blind, I don't care about whether or not have a handicap. It just means that I can help you to deal with it...and even then, blindness doesn't affect the fact that you're amazing..."

She watched in awe as her own thoughts were slowly lingering, lost to these new options in her life of actually dating someone, a virtual someone whom she legitimately didn't know. Uncertain and glee were both spouting out as her thoughts were now lost into that forest of twists and turns she had never taken before in her life. Dating, what all was even bound up in that package that she had long been naive of as she wasn't really sure what love beyond family even was seen as. "Really?" Stating for the first time still amazed by his proposition as he continued to enlighten her of why she was the only one for him, and that any handicap couldn't have stopped this. Her vocabulary waning as she merely said it one last time in a soft and flustered voice, ".... really?"

Xion smiled as he heard Avilon's soft tones, still questioning whether he was being truthful or not. "No one's...ever loved you before...have they...?" the boy asked gently, maintaining his hold on Avilon gently as he spoke. "Then..." he said, pausing for a second as he thought, thought about what he was saying and what he was doing. He was asking someone that he has only met in SAO, and someone that he hasn't known for very long out. 'Everything....should be screaming that this is a bad choice...but for some reason...it's not...it just feel right...' he thought to himself, smiling again. "Then...let me be the first one....to do so...truthfully...no strings attached...no lies..."