[NK-PP-F17] - Creatures. <<Chimera Tamer>> (Luna and Mayuri)

Victor sat under a lone tree deliberating. He stared into the vast Nimean plains that stretched around him. There wasn't anyone visible in his vicinity, so when an old frail looking woman appeared in the distance, Victor was a little startled. He assumed some player to have teleported there. Till he noticed the cursor specific to quest giving NPCs, light up over her head. Curious, he made his was to the woman. The moment he was near enough she cleared her throat and then croaked "Ah! I see deep in your heart, you're a lonely man. You need company, company of a loyal beast." She said. Victor rolled his eyes and awaited the quest offer. After bantering on about some rules and the perils of the quest, she finally offered it to him. Hastily, the boy accepted. It seemed like a decent adventure, sure it would mean parading through areas where creatures could commonly be found, and it left him open to being wounded, but it was worth the shot. "I hear Mt. Olympia might have what your soul seeks." she finished with a rattling cackle. Victor had heard rumors of tough mobs there, he was sure this could be a suicidal mission... But for some reason, he fell prey to curiosity and found himself tracing steps to the godforsaken peak.

Edited by Victor

Mai was curious.  Life had been traveling the higher floors and the girl was curious as to what he’d been exploring. She should have probably waited for her love to take her, but she wasn’t going to do any scouting nor was she going to engage anything dangerous. She was just going to take a look around. She’d heard floor seventeen was Grecian ruins, and being a bit of a history buff, thanks to her professor parents she was naturally curious to see the remnants of the once great empire translated into a game.  

Shay skipped about the main path through the floor, her short pink kimono and her well endowed chest bouncing with her every step.  Curiously looking about, her teal eyes glanced over the remarkable ruins about her, not entirely paying attention to much else other than the splendor of the floor. The girl twirled about and began to walk backward as she stared at a particular set of tilted pillars trying to figure out exactly in what configuration they were laid out in. The girl had it in her mind that they somehow formed the shape of a kitty cat. As she backed up, she spotted a young man heading past her and she thought to get his opinion on what it was she thought she saw.

“Excuse me,” she asked the young man. “What does that stack of pillars remind you of?” She asked inquisitively.

Spoiler

Stats 

LVL: 12  *  HP: 48  *  ENERGY: 12

DMG; 3

EVA: 2

MIT: 9

PARA: 2

FA: 12%

CC: 3

EQUIPS

LIGHT REAVER - 2 PARA/1 DMG

SAKURA SUNSET- 2 EVA/ 1 MIT

HEALING RING OF THE SAGE- 3 COMBAT CRAFT

AT READY

AVENTURINE BRACELET- 2 PROSPERITY

3- TELEPORTATION CRYSTALS

4- +15 HEALING CRYSTALS

4- +20 HEALING CRYSTALS

Edited by Mayuri
YOUR MOM!

Luna gulped as she walked out of the azure blue teleport gate, frightened but excited at the same time. "Th-this is floor 15..." she said shakily, looking around at the Greek-like architecture that she was surrounded by, fascinated by how detailed the world around her was. As she took her first few steps into the new floor she became more calm, confident that she was safe. The girl ran over to a nearby building, her dress trailing behind her slightly as she did, coming to a stop next to the structure. "Wow...even things like small marks of wear and tear...Kayaba...Kayaba included all of this?" The bluenette mumbled to herself before setting off in another direction, not looking where she was going as she collided with another player, falling over as she bumped into the boy. "Woah!" She cried as she fell, landing on her back, her slender frame hitting the ground with little force. She groaned, pulling her self to her feet before realising that both the boy, and the girl that was close to him were now looking at her, the bluenette yelping and looking at the ground, hiding her face. "I-I'm sorry..." She mumbled, hoping that they didn't notice anything, the girl was rather self conscious for multiple reasons.  

How did Luke find himself to be in such an unfortunate circumstance. Two girls, both with lost eyes and airy heads were now around him. The first had interrupted his calculative mind with a silly question about some pillars. While Luke wanted to be dismissive and say something to the effect of 'I don't know, go find someone else to bother.' he attempted to remain calm and act chivalrous. He'd turned his attention to the dark haired girl and followed her gaze to the pillars that seemed to tear through the sky... "Er, I don't know som-" before he could give some meaningless suggestion as to what the pillars looked like, just to get the girl off his back, another girl had bumped into his back... Literally. He grunted softly and then turned.

His patience was being worn thin. But he managed to hold it in, retaining his composure and fake politeness. He offered the blue haired girl his hand, since she had toppled over, but she gathered herself as she blubbered apologetically. The two females seemed to be rather mystified by the floor, it was unique in a way compared to the others, but nothing all that special or maybe Luke was too preoccupied to have Victor notice the details. "It's all right." Victor said briskly. "What are you two doing here?" he asked, wondering if he could get them to join him. They would prove useful as fodder if he hit a dangerous spot during his quest. "I'm headed to Mt. Olympia, I've heard the view is great from there, maybe it'd solve your mystery about what the pillars resemble." He said, hoping to bait them in.

Mai looked at the young man expectantly wondering what he would suggest. Maybe he would see something different and offer her a unique view, or maybe he too would see the kitty cat, in which case the layout would have been blatant by the game makers. He was about to speak, but his words were cut short  and it seemed that someone tumbled into him. Mai turned to see a girl crumpled on the floor begging for apologies. The young man saw no harm in what was done and offered the fallen girl his hand.

“Are you alright?” she asked the other girl hoping she didn’t hurt herself in the crash.

The young man asked what they were doing, and Mai was about to answer, the young man suggested that maybe she get a view of the pillars from Mount Olympus. “But of Cour-!” Mai stared in excitedly until it clicked in her mind.

“Wait… you want to go to the home of the Gods?” Mai’s doll like teal eyes going wider than tea saucers as a lump in her throat formed causing it to be difficult for her to swallow.

“Isn’t that risky?”

Luna took the boy's hand shakily, pulling herself too her feet as she calmed her nerves down. She sighed as the boy asked what she was doing there, the bluenette fiddling with a bit of her dress as she talked. "I...I just wanted to see a new floor....I'm sort of w-weak so..." She mumbled, straying off near the end as she look up at the two, they seemed nice, but the girl was still unsure, what if they ended up being mean and horrible? She had heard stories, many of them of people being killed on the higher floors, and she was understandably worried that something like that could happen to her, especially as the boy had suggested that the two girl accompany him to Mt. Olympia. "Olympia...aren't there strong monsters there...shouldn't we just st-stay away and go to the lower floors...where it's safe?" Luna suggested, the fear and apprehension clear in her voice as she spoke to the others, mustering what little courage she had to hold a conversation with the two. 

It was surprising that the girls made more sense than Victor was. Luke was in two minds about this, but the lure from the quest was too tempting. It was almost as though the NPC had cast a spell that caused lack of logic. The girl garbed in a pink kimono was going to be an insufferable know it all, probably by sharing some random fact about the peak, but she had stopped midway to remind him of the perils he'd face. The shaky girl who had banged into him seconded that analysis. Luke himself could see how it could potentially end badly for him, Victor however, seemed to have left all sense behind, it was almost like the character was no longer in his control. But mostly, his curiosity swept away his doubts, like a large tsunami. "We'll be careful. I've got great gear, I'll take care..." He half lied, he did have decent gear, for a low leveled guy and there was no way he was taking care of anyone but himself. Lucky for him, he could lie straight faced. He repeated his bait in attempt to assuage their well founded fears. "Think of the lovely view, just imagine what this would look like from up there! Besides, aren't gods supposed to be nice people?" He smirked, giddy with excitement.

Mai’s happy expression dropped, her smiling lips turned downward and her bright eyes relaxed and gave the young man a look of concern. Despite both girls being wary of the journey, the young man was desperate to go. More worrying was the facts that he thought the Gods were nice beings. “No…” She said softly, “They’re really not.”A sinking feeling hit Mai like a ton of bricks and she could feel herself become nauseous. Life was going to be unhappy with her.  She couldn’t go; she wouldn’t go. Though her desire to not see the young man die was strong, she could not put her life in peril in such a way that would leave Eric behind and alone in this world. They were supposed to get out together; she couldn’t do that if she were dead.

“Will you go?”She looked over at the blue-haired girl with deep concern for her safety as well.

"G-great gear?" Luna said shakily as the boy boasted about how they would be fine, talking about how the supposed gods were nice beings. "Your gear is the same quality as mine, we'd both be k-killed easily!" The bluenette said, raising her voice for the first time as she talked to the boy, she was angered by how cocky he was, how he disregarded safety and didn't care about what may happen to them. She took a couple of steps towards him, her azure eyes locking with his. "We...we would die if we w-went up there. Stop being so arrogant and reckless before you get someone killed!" Luna said, raising her voice and slipping out of her more feminine way of speaking for a second as she let her emotions control her, she was frustrated and angered by the boy, he seemed to think that he as invincible, either that or he was too stupid to realise the risks. 

She took a deep breath, before turning to the other girl. "I'm not going to Mt Olympia, if you're leaving I...I'd like to come with you..."

Victor sighed as the dark haired girl warned him once again, disagreeing with his jovial statement that gods would allegedly be helpful. Her voice was soft and scared, like she'd seen a ghost. Finally, it came to a point where she said that she wouldn't tag along and silently beseeched the other girl to do the same. The other girl's lost wandering, face was replaced with something else. The blue hair framed a face that assumed what looked like a more confrontational and stubborn expression. She accused Victor of being arrogant and reckless. It was true that Luke had a tendency of being arrogant, but he was rarely ever reckless. As per the quest requirement, he had understood that it was essential to go to the mountain and he did have to complete the quest and the more the girls talked about the dangers, the more he felt compelled to take them along as his meat shield.

It was time to change tactics. He let fear play onto his face. "Hey! No! I'd never want any of us to get hurt." He said, attempting to sound emphatic and extremely concerned. "Y-You guys really think  it's be that bad? I've mostly been hiding out in town all this while, someone said with the good gear I've got, I should be just fine to try my luck on the higher floors... It worked with low level monsters, I thought I'd give it a shot." He said acting puzzled, as though he'd been played. "He was lying I guess. Stupid guys, get a kick out of low levels putting themselves in danger" Victor mumbled, letting fake dismay paint his face. He was so good at this, he regretted not trying to become an actor or something. "But we're here already, it'd be a pity to not even see the mountain up close? No? How about we take that safe path to the base of the mountain, but we won't actually go up? That way we can stay safe and explore the floor a little more."

Edited by Victor

Mayuri looked at the other girl and pursed her lips together. How could she possibly know what his gear was.  It was a personalized set of gear as was hers, so there was no telling what sort of stats he had upon it. There was the possibility he was ranked, but she could not tell. The blue haired girl was scared and by all rights she ought to have been.

Mai walked over to the girl’s side and she was about to have her follow, but the young man stopped them. He pleaded his case for them to at least take a safe path and see the mountain upclose. The girl’s teal eyes drifted to the tall mountain in the not too far off distance. She truly would have loved to see it up close and if they stayed on the main road, there was little chance of running into something as creatures tended to stay in the fields. Glancing back at the young man, she ciuld see he was not about to detour from his plan. She looked at the girl beside her, and then back at the mountain. Shay was sure Life had probably seen the mountain up close; he’d been wondering the higher floors without her. She wanted to know what he’d seen. It wasn’t fair of him to restrict her from such things.

“Okay…” Mai said, “I want to see it. But we’re going to be smart about this.”

Shay opened up her HUD and began to remove things from her inventory. She handed each player a blue crystal.

“If things go South…use those to teleport to somewhere you know is safe. My name is Mayuri… I’m an alchemist and my shop is in Urbus on the second floor. You can always find me there if you should ever need my help.” She told the pair of players making her introduction.

MAYURI GIVES VICTOR A TELEPORTATION CRYSTAL (*1)

MAYURI GIVES LUNA A TELEPORTATION CRYSTAL (*1)

MAYURI LOSES TWO TELEPORTATION CRYSTALS FROM HER INVENTORY

Spoiler

Stats 

LVL: 12  *  HP: 48  *  ENERGY: 12

DMG; 3

EVA: 2

MIT: 9

PARA: 2

FA: 12%

CC: 3

EQUIPS

LIGHT REAVER - 2 PARA/1 DMG

SAKURA SUNSET- 2 EVA/ 1 MIT

HEALING RING OF THE SAGE- 3 COMBAT CRAFT

AT READY

AVENTURINE BRACELET- 2 PROSPERITY

1- TELEPORTATION CRYSTALS

4- +15 HEALING CRYSTALS

4- +20 HEALING CRYSTALS

Edited by Mayuri

The girl nervously accepted the crystal, she had never seen one before, but she trusted Mayuri when she said that it could be used to teleport out of danger. "O-ok...Thanks..." She said shakily before Mayuri introduced herself, she seemed nice. "I-I'm Luna, nice to meet you two..." Luna told them before putting the crystal in her inventory and fiddling with her dress a little. "Well...we should get going then...if we want to get anything done that is" The bluenette said to them, her voice becoming less shaky as she became more comfortable in  the presence of the two. 

Vic held his breath, he wasn't a nervous man, but so far he couldn't see any other players who had ventured up here. When his last trick had managed to assuage the fears of the worried girl he'd met first. The young adult was now mighty please. Along with it, he also received a teleport crystal from the dark haired girl, who introduced herself as Mayuri. "Mayuri." He repeated with a light nod and a smile towards the girl. She had offered her help as an alchemist and Luke mentally noted to pay her a visit sometime. Mayuri had managed to convince the other girl, this time in Vic's favor, perhaps the blue haired girl felt safer equipped with the crystal or maybe she was just easy to sway, in either case this was all finally looking up for the boy.

The bluenette introduced herself as Luna. He repeated her name as well, before giving his own. "I'm Victor. Not many are lucky enough to visit such a beautiful ancient place with the company of two lovely women." He said in an attempt to be charming. He rarely failed such attempts, unless they found something particularly offending about him, the light charm, probably couldn't do any harm. "Nothing much to get done..." He said with a light chuckle, making sure they weren't aware of his ulterior motives to finish the quest. "Just here to soak in all this, but we should try get a better view of the mountain while there is still some light." He announced and then started making his way towards the peak, slowly, waiting every few steps for the other two to follow.

+ 1 Teleportation Crystal.

Mayuri was glad to find such company up on a higher floor. She was under the impression that many players were there to harm her; instead she found that wasn’t quite the case. The girl who introduced herself as Luna seemed soothed after Mai produced a teleport crystal, and for this Shay was glad. It didn’t sit well with her that anyone should be worried in her company. The young man introduced himself as Victor caused her to giggle by calling her lovely. The raven-haired girl’s went pink at the compliment; even though Eric called her things of the same nature quite often, it still caused the girl to get bashful.  “Come on then…” She called to the other two as she began down the path, “We’d better get going!”