[PP-F1] Taking A Break - COMPLETED

Cygnus sat on a bench near the fountain in the town square, the same fountain he fell into not that long ago. Cygnus chuckled as he leaned back, getting comfortable. The past few days were spent training, but today, he would relax. The constant training was mentally taxing after awhile. But those were not thoughts fit for his day off. It was kind of funny, the fact that Cygnus was choosing to take it easy like this. Before he came here, he never took a day off. He was constantly working on something. More than likely, this was the result of his growing up around his father, the ruthless taskmaster. Those days were behind him now, though. He had a much more pressing issue, but it could wait until after his day off. He kicked back, grinning with satisfaction. He certainly did miss out on a lot when it came to days off. Then again, Miki's death really made him rethink how he was living his life. Miki in general made him rethink a lot of things.

Edited by Cygnus

"I'd forgotten that there seem to be more days like this on the first floor than any other." Baldur said with a smile and a face upturned towards the sky. Though the shadow of the second floor covered most of the first, the Starting City was on the edge of the first floor and allowed in beautiful, beautiful sunlight. The wanna-be gajin samurai came over and took a seat on the edge of the fountain as well, removing his katana and holding it casually off to the side. His blue and white haori spilled around around him as he just leaned back and enjoyed the wonderful weather setting for the day.

"It's so easy to forget the beauty of the first floor some times. The others might be newer, but few have such spectacular weather and vistas."

He looked over at the lower leveled played and nodded his head in greetings.

"Ohayo. I am called Baldur, nice to meet you."

Emblem walked along floor 1 bored out of his mind. He felt his familiar Aisu fly up from his shoulder onto his head, one of her favorite places to sleep. There were times that he curse Akihiko Kyaba but also times where he was kinda okay with him. He looked around at the town with Npc's trying to sell goods in their shop and players bustling around. Well... This still beats school. He laughed then turned a corner to come across a fountain. Not just any fountain but the fountain that his friend Cygnus had fallen into. Also the fountain he fell into. he giggled the looked over at the fountain once again to see his friend Cygnus. Speak of the devil. Emblem walked up to Cygnus only to see there was another man introducing himself to Cygnus. HE decided that he'd go and say hello. Hey Cygnus! It's been awhile!

As the wanderer pushed on through the crowd in search for Aster, he hears a familiar voice. Looking around, he quickly notices Baldur. He frequents his shop often and being a crafter with not much customers coming by, he remembers the faces of all his customers. Deciding he should properly introduce himself, he pushed through the crowd and headed towards the samurai. "Ohayo... you're... Japanese?" The wanderer was surprised. He had never met another person from japan - that he rightfully knew - and this somewhat made the wanderer happy. He's finally found someone from his country... second country. "I've seen you come to my shop on multiple occassions, who knew you're Japanese. I'm Rain." Without a second thought, he's reminded of his culture and quickly dropped his head to bow as a show of respect. Turning to the other people that sat with the samurai. He also bowed his head again. "Ah... Gomen, I'm Rain." 

Edited by Rain

Stretching her arm up high Syn walks out of the Starlight Café and round to the fountain that she had been by the other day. Her eyes glossed over the boy who had fallen into the water feature not long before. “Hey,” She says sitting down on the fountain edge, looking at Emblem. “You’re looking a bit dryer today.” Brushing a lock of hair behind her ear her eyes flick to the blonde nest at the top of his head. Reaching out the girl goes to brush the hatchling that had settled there. “She’s beautiful, what’s her name?” Syn asks.

Emblem watched as Syn walked out of a nearby cafe then spot the 3 of them. She greeted them then made a comment about Emblem falling into a fountain. He laughed. she then looked up at his dragon and complimented her who currently was playing with Emblem's hair. Oh thanks! Her names Aisu. I got her at floor 4, she's an ice dragon hatchling. It was a common occurrence for people to compliment Aisu. Some people remembered him only because of his familiar. He couldn't blame them. He was very luck to find the dragon and to successfully tame it. Aisu then bit his hair and pulled. Ahh! Stop it Aisu! Okay... maybe Emblem wasn't that lucky.

Sat in the Starlight Café, resting his feet up on the bench next to him. Vyrtew sipped at his hot chocolate bit by bit. The whipped and marshmallows bouncing up and down in the deep brown liquid. Looking up he hears the bell go as he spots a white haired girl step out from the café. Looking through the window he spots the group that the girl heads to. His eyes moving back to treat in front of him, lifting it to his lips he gently sips at it letting out a satisfied sigh. Looking around the range of empty seats in the desert parlour, he ran his fingers through his hair for a moment. “It’s not normally this quiet.” He says to himself.

Cygnus was relaxing on the bench when the older, samurai-looking player from the other day sat near him, introducing himself as Baldur. Cygnus nodded his head back in greetings. "Hello. You can call me Cygnus. It's good to meet you." After Cygnus introduced himself, Emblem came up to them and said hi. "Oh, hello there, Emblem. Long time no see. It's a nice day, huh?" Just like that, even more familiar faces showed up. Oddly enough, he was happy to see them even though he didn't know most of them very well, it was good to see a familiar face or two. "Hello, everyone. Been awhile." He looked over at Emblem when his familiar and laughed. "I trust you feed her well. It looks like she's about to eat your hair." He joked.

“Aisu.” Syn repeated a small smile coming to her face, gently reaching up before pulling her hands back for a moment. As she pulled her hands back the dragon bit onto the blonde’s hair, a small giggle and then she spoke, “Here let me.” Reaching up she gently freed the hair from Aisu’s mouth before scratching the small dragon underneath the chin. “You’re a good girl really aren’t you, Aisu?” Taking her eyes off the dragon Syn met Emblem’s “Floor four? I’ve not been up there yet I’ve only really just starting going out of the Town of Beginnings recently.”

Breaking eye contact Syn looks down at the floor before she turning around stopping her affection of the dragon. “You wouldn’t mind showing me around at some point at all would you?” Taking a few steps away, she pressed a hand to her cheek before taking it away. The warmth almost burning her hand.

Emblem tried to stay still as Syn freed his hair from Aisu's mouth. Thanks Syn! Emblem giggled as he said this. Aisu pulled his hair a lot and he still has never gotten used to it. Syn procceded to ask Emblem if he could take her up there to show her around. Of course! I'd love to! Floor 4 is one of my favorites! But when we do make sure to bring a coat, it gets really cold there. Emblem looked over at Cygnus and Rain and Baldur. So what have you guys been up to? Emblem liked knowing people in Aincrad. It's much easier to live in this world with others people than just yourself.

Cygnus shrugged in response to Emblem's question. "Not been up to too much lately. Training, mostly. Nothing much I can really do but get strong." He chuckled. "Anyway, what have you been up to?" Cygnus was in a good mood today. It had been too long since he had made actual small talk with someone. There were business discussions made, but never really much good old fashioned small talk. He kind of missed it, actually. It was kind of comforting to talk about nothing at all. It was as if their lives really weren't in imminent danger and they had all the time in the world. Cygnus found it kind of funny, the things he took for granted in his life. If he ever makes it back-- no, when he makes it back, he knew he would look at things a lot differently. 

Oh that's great! It's always good to get stronger. God knows I do! Emblem recently hadn't been fighting as much as he used to He spent more time talking with others or just exploring. What have I been up to? Emblem thought about it for a bit. Well nothing really big. I guess you could say i've been looking for some materials? Emblem had begun thinking of opening a blacksmith shop. He took the quest to become one quite some time ago but still was yet to actually start crafting things. So yeah that's about it. Emblem grinned at the crowd of people. He sat down next to Syn at the fountain then felt his familiar fly down from his head and onto his shoulder looking more alert.

A heavy breath escaped the orange-haired girl as her small strides brought her to the center of the first floor's capital. Wrapped in her arms she carried what looked like a rather bulky leather-bound book, and trailing behind at her ankles was a much more well-behaved fox than the familiar she chased around during their last visit to the plaza. The girl came to a stop, about to search out a quiet place to sit down when her body completely tensed up. Her gaze was glued to a small grouping of people gathered around a fountain that was now too familiar for her liking. At least...three of the figures were recognizable, she decided, recalling the ridiculous commotion she'd gotten herself into. Shooting a reflexive glare down to the fox beside her, she immediately shifted her blame to the familiar, who simply stared back up at her in return. Letting out another small sigh, Aster quickly found an unoccupied bench and took a seat alone, laying the thick book on her lap before she lifted the solid cover and started flipping through pages both weathered and new.

Reginald, on the other hand, was having none of her solitude. The fox was in a playful mood, and once Aster was engrossed enough in whatever scribbles her book held he slipped away from her side. Trotting over to the slightly familiar cast of players, Reginald first took interest in a white-haired man--he recognized this one the most. Sniffing curiously at Rain's feet, a chain reaction broke out and the fox moved to a dark-haired man followed by a light-haired boy. He definitely knew them from the last time they were here. They didn't smell wet this time, though. Finally moving his attention to the two remaining figures, a long-haired man and a white-haired girl, Reginald cocked his head to the side for a moment. These people were new. As such, the familiar immediately began circling around them, sniffing and nosing at the players with no regard to "personal space".

As Emblem continued his conversation he couldn't help but notice a small orange fox sniffing at him and the people around him. The fox reminded him of someone. Wait a second. Guys does the fox look familiar to you guys at all? Emblem felt his dragon fly off of his shoulder and onto the ground where it seemed to be introducing itself to the fox. Then it hit him. That girl that ran into Mayuri the last time he talked to everyone.He scanned the crowd looking for the girl with the orange hair if he remembered correctly. Then he spotted the girl sitting alone at a bench reading what seemed to be a large leather bound book. Hey guys, i'll be right back. He whistled for Aisu to fly up onto his shoulder then picked up the fox to bring it back to the girl. Emblem arrived at the bench where the girl was engrossed in reading. Umm Hey. I think that this is yours. Emblem layed the fox onto the spot next to her on the bench. I don't think that i properly introduced myself last time we "met", im Emblem!

Edited by Emblem

Cygnus watched as a very familiar fox sniffed when Emblem asked if it looked familiar, Cygnus gave him a small nod. "Yeah, I remember this one. I think he belonged to that other girl." Cygnus began to scan the crowd for her. Emblem found her pretty quickly and went to return the fox. Cygnus figured he would go over and introduce himself, seeing as how he didn't get the chance before. With a parting nod to Baldur, he stood from the bench and walked over to Emblem and Aster. It appeared Emblem was introducing himself. After he was done, Cygnus gave Aster a friendly wave. "Hi there. I haven't properly introduced myself either. I'm Cygnus." Cygnus couldn't believe the amount of times he was having to introduce himself lately. He had to say his character's name so many times, it would be weird to be called by his real name when he finally returned to the real world.

(OOC: Sorry for jumping in a little late, I was a bit caught up with other threads. Hope its all good.)

Victor happened to be passing by another small grouped bunch of people. The boy usually kept his head down and went about his business, but perhaps this time he didn't really have a chance to do that. The faces were all familiar, they had conglomerated here a few days earlier, when the fountain incident had happened. After that, Victor had had the chance to personally interact with two faces from the little bunch, Emblem, was one, he was the blonde haired, blue eyed kid. Victor had also interacted with Cygnus the older dark haired man. He was the one who'd fallen into the fountain that day, but upon later interactions with him, Victor had found out that he'd left a young daughter behind in the real world and probably had a lot of motivation to clear this game soon... A good trait in an ally. 

From the little that he overheard, there was some talk about familiars, which reminded Luke that he had to invest some time in getting him one of those too, rumor had it, that if he was lucky, he'd find one that aided him in the game, in some manner. The boy stared at the dragon hatching with thickly veiled envy, he also noticed the over-friendly fox that probably belonged to the girl with orange hair. Luke was sure someone would have caught his off handed glances at the group, so he couldn't just walk by without coming off as extremely rude. Grudgingly he stopped to make small talk, introductions were in order too. "Oh! Hi there, Emblem." he said with a friendly smile towards the boy "Cygnus." He stated, with a more contained nod in the direction of the older player.  "I'm Victor, pleased to meet you... all." He finally added, turning to include the others in his greeting.

The wanderer stood there being ignored pretty much by everyone, even after politely introducing himself. His patience was wearing thin, especially since he has a bit a short fuse. As he began to walk forward to show them a piece of his mind, a familiar familiar familiarized themselves with the wander. "A red fox... Ah! Aster!" After finally remember why he had come to the group in the first place, he frantically looked around for the orange haired woman. After a few seconds of scouring, he quickly spots her sitting on a bench, alone.

His dumb self not thinking she wants to be left alone, he quickly made his way to her, completely ignoring the fox. He sat right next to her. His arms stretched high into the air before he landing both his arms on the top part of the benches. His body lounged on the bench as if exhausted from work. After a few seconds of silence, he let's out a slight, "Sup? You okay?" His eyes faced the slowly growing group at the fountain. He didn't want to make eye contact - cause cool guys don't do that.

Khrysaor was walking in the Town of Beginning, he wanted to visit the fountain he was at the other day, so that was where he was heading. As he approached the fountain he noticed the same group of players he saw before hanging around the fountain. 'At least this time no one wanted to take a swim.' thought Khrysaor as he saw no one had wet clothes on. He saw Rain and Aster sitting on the bench and the fox familiar not to far away. He headed in their direction, as he approached them he patted the Reginald on the head, and said, "Hey, how ya doing?" The fox familiar liked how Khrysaor was touching it. Khrysaor continued on and when he got to the bench he said, "Hey guys. What's going on? Seems like the same crowd of players from a few days ago is back."

Reginald reacted rather calmly to being scooped up into a stranger's arms. He only squirmed a bit when he wanted to be let go, and Emblem had coincidentally complied when he reached his destination near Aster. Meanwhile, the girl, sensing a sudden presence directly beside her, looked over while trying not to show an annoyance in her expression. As her eyes fell on the white-haired man sitting relaxed on the bench, she blinked in surprise as she recognized his profile. "Oh! Rain...was it?" She asked in a small voice, recalling the name that appeared in her party window some time ago. As he asked if she was okay, she couldn't help cocking her head to the side slightly. "Mm, yeah. Just getting some air." She wasn't sure how to react to his concern, but her attention wasn't able to stay with him for long when the feeling of another person approaching drew her gaze away.

When Aster recognized the blonde-haired boy standing in front of her, letting her familiar out of his arms, the girl immediately stiffened. Her confusion must have been clear on her face, and she quickly forced herself to regain her composure as the boy was speaking and introducing himself. She resisted the urge to glare down at Reginald, who she could only assume instigated the attention. Instead, the girl settled for a weak smile, processing his words again before opening her mouth to speak. Before she could get the words out, not one, but three additional players had joined the group.

Freezing up again for a moment, Aster struggled for words while Reginald happily accepted the attention of another player, rubbing up against the dark-haired man who had offered to pet him. "Ah, I'm...Aster." She finally got out as the circle of introductions fell on her.

Edited by Aster

Cygnus waved to the new arrivals happy to see that Victor was among those who had just arrived. "Hey there Victor!" He nodded, He then turned his attention to Aster as she introduced herself to everyone. "Nice to meet you, Aster." Cygnus grinned. "Well, it seems like your familiar has attracted some attention." He chuckled, kneeling down to get a better look at Reginald. "He's cute. I've always been a sucker for these little guys. What's his name?" Cygnus had always thought foxes were cute, ever since he saw one in the wild when he was a child. He had always wanted one for a pet during this time, but his family of course wouldn't have allowed anything like that. To them, it would likely be considered a distraction from the things that were truly important.