[PP-F2] Bow Down, B*tches <<Long Live The Queen>>

Kekoa was beyond excited. He was literally vibrating in place. He stood near the gate portal of the Second Floor, breathing in the fresh air and smiling brightly. It had only been a few weeks since he had seen him last, but Kekoa felt it was a lifetime. He had been through plenty since then, and was still trying to figure out just what it is that he needs to be truly happy like he was when they first met; Nuiko was coming back. Kekoa giggled out loud at the idea. The man was such an inspiration in the past (and a handsome one at that), that it was only natural that the teen would be excited to fight alongside him again. Kekoa had once more posted an ad in the Town of Beginnings for a small party to help him defeat a more difficult field boss on the floor where he stood. The boss was described to be some kind of mob queen, slightly larger and stronger than the other creatures that inhabit the fields of the second floor.

Two men had responded to his request. One player he has never met before (or even heard of, to be frank), named <<Rain>>. Kekoa was surprised to see another message from a familiar name, <<Nikodemus_Blackwood>>. He was so ridiculously antsy that other players eyed him strangely as they walked by. He realized that it was getting near the time of meeting, so he took a deep breath to calm down. His demeanor softened and he relaxed himself. He stood as cool as the breeze, waiting anxiously for the two to arrive. Meeting new people and seeing old friends are possibly Kekoa's two favorite activities. The other favorite being making this game look stupid. It won't defeat a strong party like them.

The wanderer calmly walked through Urbus. Unlike what he would normally do, he actually has a reason to be wandering the streets of Urbus. You see, he had accepted someone's request for help on some quest. Being someone who wants to level up as fast as possible, he took every opportunity he had to raise his level.

As he got closer to the quest board, he quickly spots man, giddy with excitement. "Hmm... I have a strange feeling he's the guy I'm looking for..."

Edited by Rain

In a flash of white light, Nikodemus found himself no longer standing in the midst of the grey stone world of Nimbus. Instead he was in the summerscape known as Floor 2. Stretching his limbs in his armor, he took a deep breath and then stepped down from the teleport platform. Nudging his large raven, Typhus, he whispered to it and then watched as it took flight, it's azure eyes glowing as if aflame. It soared high and then swooped down low over the town, searching. Spotting what he sought, the bird brought itself up again, circled three times, them let out a low screeched caw, signaling it had found something. Hearing this, Nikodemus checked the direction and began walking.

After a minute, he finally came into view of the area the large bird circled. Two familiar players stood nearby. With a whistle, the bird return to his shoulder, landing neatly and clicking it's claws into small grooves in the pauldron. As he approached, he ran a hand down his armor. It was not the old armor he wore the last time he had been out with Chapel. That set had been torn through by a <Nepent Variant>. This armor was new. It was still black and rust colored, like his old armor with more of a rust color showing, but it was pitted in some places, with large shoulder plates, a thick cuirass with a large full collar around the neck, slender looking full arm gauntlets with claw tipped fingers, and large thick greaves, with a set of boots that had a pointed tip on them. Hanging from his waist were tabbards, old mottled looking cloth with glowing green runes panted on them. At his hip, hanging from a small hook, was his helmet. It was the similar bird-beaked affair as before, but the crown of the head had large spikes rising from it, and it was more sinister looking than normal. His shield and axe were also new, and he was happy they were tier 2 items.

With his helmet off, his short brunette hair and long brunette and grey beard were visible, as were his icy blue eyes behind his wire framed glasses. A smile had crawled along his face gently, and he waved a hand in salute to the two other players. "Guten Abend. How is everyone today?"

Kekoa was too busy forcing himself to look collected that he hadn't even realized Rain making an attempt to approach him. He just stood with his chest puffed out and a "cool guy" (constipated) look on his face. Then, a deep voice signaled from behind him that his "friend" was near. Kekoa immediately dropped the act, smiling wide as he spun around to see "Nuiko!" Kekoa cheered. He rushed forward and hugged the man through his armor before taking a step back. "How are you? What level are you now? Have you made it to the frontlines yet, big shot? Oh-- wow!-- is that new armor? It's so beautiful! How'd you make something so nice!? This can't be tier one!!? Wow, you're amazing, Nuiko! ...How are you?" Kekoa finished by repeating his first question, not realizing how fast he had been shooting off questions at Nikodemus. He was getting ready to spill even more word vomit when he realized a white-haired man standing not too far away. 'Wait.. Nuiko said "everyone," right...?' Kekoa thought... and then it clicked.

He peered at the man's usertag, which read <<Rain>>. He gasped and bowed frantically to the man. "Sorry, sorry, sorry, where are my manners?" He apologized quickly. "You must be Rain! Errm-- this is Nui-- I mean-- Nikodemus, and I'm Kekoa. We'll be completing this mission together," Kekoa explained nervously, not knowing that Rain and Nikodemus had already met before. He was already sweating. He hated being treated like a little kid, but something about cool, muscular warrior dudes got Kekoa all flustered. He shook his head and patted his cheeks. "Nice to meet you!" He smiled.

Edited by Kekoa

"Great... another hyperactive I see... huh... let's get this over with then..." Calmly the wanderer walks up to the unfamiliar face and slowly drops his head into a slight bow. "Rain." He may act cocky, but the wanderer isn't always entire without his manners no matter how he goes about things. "...so which quest was this again?" Straight and to the point. He had no time to dawdle around. He needs to rank up as fast as possible and get to the frontlines. He will survive this game.

As the wanderer was lost in his thought, the wanderer finally notices and realizes that Niko has a new set of armor. "Heh... so finally hit 25+ I see Niko. When did that happen?" He completely broke his cool guy facade he had. Cold interested eyes, a face who looks like he's just doesn't care and is above you. All of it. Broken and shatter. His face lit up with a friendly one not seen by most. He knew Niko all to well and the wanderer himself wasn't that far behind him. He'll catch up to him soon.

Being practically tackled by the young man, Nikodemus was worried Chapel would spit himself on one of the ornate spikes that jutted from his armor. Catching the man lightly so he didn't do so, Nikodemus smiled wider. "Hello Kekoa. I have been well. A little busy, but well. Glad to see you are too.." Hearing the man ask him a dozen questions, Nikodemus laughed and then answered them each. "I am level 27. Hit it about a week or so ago, shortly after finishing a quest with Hydra. As for going to the frontlines, No I haven't been there yet. I am not quite ready for it. My armor is new. I repaired the old armor I had after our last quest, and then shortly reached level 25, so I made this new set, and gave the old set away to a friend. I just made it, same way I make most things. And I am far from amazing. I am just like you and everyone else."

Looking to Rain, he smiled and nodded. "Yup. Had a bit of fun on floor 8 with some wild monkeys, got to lvl 25, then slowly went up from there." Looking back to Chapel, he patted the young man's shoulder. "So, Since we're on floor 2, and from your message, I assume we're either killing the big bee right?"

"Yup!" Kekoa beamed. Nuiko was rather intuitive, but it was pretty obvious that this would be the quest they're tackling. Kekoa nodded at them both. Rain seemed much more acclimated to Nikodemus than he initially thought; it showed that they had some kind of bond whether it be rivalry or friendship from before. Kekoa clenched his fist to bottle up his excitement. The entire team pretty much knew each other so they should have alright chemistry in battle, although this Rain fellow did seem to be one of those cool solo player types. Kekoa made a mental note to tone down the antics around him; he hates embarrassing himself in front of strong players. After all, he's going to be one of them soon enough. Kekoa turned towards the mountains in the distance and the forests he could see littered about a little nearer.

"We're taking down the field boss-- the <<Wasp Queen>>, I believe-- in the fields on the outskirts of the mountains. It should be fairly easy with us all together," Kekoa nodded again. He felt confident being with the two higher level players. He was feeling that old sense of appreciation for the game again. Not a lot, but he could feel it there behind the infatuation he had with the cool swords the two men were carrying. "Should we get going?

As soon as the words "get going" came out of the mouth of the pretty giddy stranger that called for help, the wanderer began to make his way towards the get to fields. He knew this pathway well since he's done this quest before, with a certain frontliner who was terrible at hitting. After taking a few steps ahead, he turns around quickly to see if the other two are catching up. "You guys coming?" He really hate idle chatter. The wanderer just can't keep still and do nothing. He HAS to do something or he'll go insane.

Nodding to Kekoa, Nikodemus checked his gear quickly, and then turned to see Rain a few feet off. Heading out, he began to make his way down the path towards the field where the <<Wasp Queen>> would be. Nudging his familiar Typhus, Nikodemus whispered to the bird and watched as it took flight. With a smile, he watched it soar up high and begin circling around various places, looking for their target. "So, how has everyone been? I explained my last week or so of adventures. How about you all?"

Kekoa watched as the bird took flight and, in a way, signified the beginning of the group's adventure. He walked slowly along side the suit of armor, a few feet behind the white haired member of their party. Kekoa was surprised that Nikodemus asked about them. Nuiko had seemed much more formal in their first meeting, but perhaps that was because they were becoming acquainted. Kekoa wondered for a moment if Nuiko had changed, or if he was always this softer man that Kekoa could see now. Change. Kekoa narrowed his eyes for a moment as he stared at the ground. His hair swept over his eyes a bit and shadowed his expression. Kekoa had certainly changed since he had seen Nuiko last. He shot his head back up with his usual smile, masking his feelings for the time being. He stepped in front of Nuiko, walking backwards so he could face the man. "I've been alright, although I have been tackling some rough patches of the game!" Kekoa giggled. "I've been working on bettering myself, I guess," Kekoa shrugged with a big thumbs up. It didn't make sense to be all gloomy, even if it meant being a little vague about the truth (after all, Kekoa is not a liar). "I'm sure you two have much better stories to tell..." He certainly wasn't lying about that. Kekoa turned to face Rain, moving back to the right of Nuiko (however, he was now walking in between the two men at his pace). He thought for a moment and then called out, "Rainpai..!" He chuckled. He came up with the nickname after imagining Rain as an anime character; one of those cool, aloof ones that usually rivaled the main character. Rain just seemed like he held higher status than everyone, so he mixed his usertag and "senpai." He pronounced it "REN-PIE." "Rainpai! Tell us some stories. What's your latest conquest?!" He smiled.

OOC: Technically this is after the Asteros event so yeah...

The wanderer's eyes winced for a moment as the new guy drops a bomb of an annoyance on him. "Rainpai?! Oh all thing!... Gah... no, just keep your cool and we can get through this without any problems.." After a few moments of silence, the wanderer finally gives in. "I killed a killed a bull." Short and to the point. He didn't want to really go in-depth on what happened. He can take it for what it is. The past is in the past.

His eyes faced forward as they trudged along the path heading towards the wind wasp fields. The fields were just about in eye sight, but the field boss was no where to be seen. It seems they're going to have to cause some chaos before they could start tackling the main quest. "We're gonna have to kill some wind wasps before the queen shows up. No one's probably been farming here for some time so that's why the queen hasn't shown up." There was still some distance between them and the fields, but the wanderer wanted to make sure the new guy knows what's up.

Getting ready for battle, the wanderer casually tinkers with his HUD and takes out a Greater Damage Potion I.

- Greater Damage Potion I Used - [+2 DMG]

Edited by Rain

Hearing Rain's new nickname from Chapel made Nikodemus smirk. Looking ahead of the group, Nikodemus could see his familiar swirling around the air currents in circles. It must have found the fields and was marking them for him. Looking back to the group, he rolled his shoulders slightly and then slid his helmet from it's resting place and put it over his head, locking and sealing it in place. With it on, he felt once more like an armored giant. Listening to rain casually mention killing a bull, Nikodemus tilted his head slightly. "A bull eh? What bull? One of the Minotaurs guarding the Hoya? Or is there another bull I am forgetting as part of a quest?"

Kekoa was interested in hearing about said slain bull as well, but apparently they were happening upon their destination, and Kekoa didn't want to seem too distracted. Nuiko's bird familiar had been circling above head, a clear indication of finding their target. He smiled and ran ahead of rain, noticing the windy fields encompassing the base of the mountain. He giggled as he ran forward in to the tall grass blowing wildly in the intense wind. He thought the wind on Floor 1 fields was strong... he had yet to feel something like this. He turned around to wave to the others when he felt the ground vibrating beneath him. The ground shifted beneath him and suddenly he was in the air, raising at rapid speeds. The loud buzzing of a <<Wind Wasp>> vibrated in his ears and he screamed as he fell from its back and to the floor. "Ohshitohshit" Kekoa mumbled as he stood up in the grass and backed up a few feet. A couple other wasps flew up from in the grass to join their mob comrade. "Ugh... be gone, pests," Kekoa spat. "Rain! Nuiko!" Kekoa shouted, making sure the two were ready for battle. He pulled his spear from his back and adjusted himself to a battle ready stance.

---

<<Wind Wasp>> 8/8 HP | DMG: 6 | MIT: 2

<<Wind Wasp>> 8/8 HP | DMG: 6 | MIT: 2

<<Wind Wasp>> 8/8 HP | DMG: 6 | MIT: 2

Spoiler

KEKOA // LVL: 6 // 24/24 HP // ENERGY: 6/6 // MIT: 0 // THORNS: 0 // DMG: 2 (1+1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NIKODEMUS // LVL: 27 // 108/108 HP // ENERGY: 27/27 // MIT: 74 // THORNS: 28 (14+14) // DMG: 9 (1+4+4)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RAIN // LVL: 18 // 72/72 HP // ENERGY: 18/18 // MIT: 9 // THORNS: 0 // DMG: 8

OOC: *cough cough* I'm level 19 good sir.

As they hit the fields, the new person to Rain's social life ran straight in without Niko or the wanderer. "Just what is he doing." Upon entering, the new guy aggros three wind wasps. The wanderer knew they needed to kill a couple of these guys before the Queen showed up. That in mind, he decided to go off somewhere else and aggroed four wind wasps to himself. The new guy seemed perfectly capably on handling those three. And if he needs help, there's always Niko nearby.

Spoiler

ID# 62554 results: Battle: 7 (4+3) Loot: 15 (13+2)
[Level 19] [HP (76/76)] [EN (17/19)] [DMG 8+2] [ACC 3] [EVA 0] [MIT 9]

» [Tsumuji Guruma] [DMG 8 + Potion 2] = DMG 10 * SA (1*1) = DMG 10 AoE - MIT 2 = DMG 8 AoE
  » -2 EN

[Wind Wasp] [HP (0/8)] [DMG 6] [MIT 2] DEAD -8 HP

+4 Materials (LD: 15)

- Total Loot -
4 Materials

Edited by Rain

Seeing Kekoa confront the <<Wind Wasps>> Nikodemus prepared his axe, but then noticed Rain finish the beasts off. Relaxing slightly, Nikodemus then heard the faint buzzing of more <<Wind Wasps>> coming. Turning to see them, he counted the four off and smiled. Charging one of his lower Sword Arts, Nikodemus took a 2 steps towards the beasts and brought his axe behind him. As the blade began glowing a sickly emerald green color, he swung it out in a wide arc, like a scythe threshing wheat. The Sword Art <Crescent Thrush> burst from his blade and sent a buffing wave of energy out and into the <<Wind Wasps>>, wounding them as well as setting off their aggro. Each <<Wasp>> swung in and attempted to run the armored giant through with it's stinger, but the tips did little but pinpricks against his armor. Watching his health tick down by a small bit, Nikodemus watched each beast explode into pixels as his armors <Thorns> effect ripped through them.

ID# 62623 results:

Battle: 10 Crit +2

Craft: 8

Loot: 17

MOB: 7 hit <Thorns>

Sword Art: Crescent thrush - AoE -  1x2 - (4 Energy)

My DMG: 9 + 2 = 11 x 1 x 2 = 22 - 2 = 20

Thorns: 28

<<Wind Wasp>>: 6 - 74 = 0 + 1 = 1 x 4 = 4

Nikodemus: Lvl: 27 | 104/108 HP | Energy: 23/27 | MIT: 74 (7+13+54) | Thorns: 28 (14+14) | DMG 9 (1+4+4)

[Wind Wasp] [HP (0/8)] [DMG 6] [MIT 2] DEAD Loot Ineligable

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

Kekoa stared down the 3 wasps, swallowing thickly at the creatures. There was no way he could defeat the 3 on his own, but he figured he should try. He pulled his spear back, and then launched himself at one of the wasps, hoping to land an attack. However, the worst case scenario happened. The wasp was way quicker than Kekoa, easily avoiding his spear and then flashing red in its big black eyes. The wasp then flew quickly at him and pierced his thin starter clothing, causing little bits of red pixels to fly from his body. He flinched backwards but landed on his feet as he came down. He spun and took a few steps back. '[censored],' he thought. 'I'm still super weak..' He readied his spear to go on the offensive again.

---

<<Wind Wasp>> 8/8 HP | DMG: 6 | MIT: 2

Spoiler

ID# 62630: BD: 2 <<MISS>> MD: 8 <<SUCCESS!>>

[AGGRO: 1] KEKOA // LVL: 6 // 18/24 (-6) HP // ENERGY: 4/6 (-2) // MIT: 0 // THORNS: 0 // DMG: 2 (1+1)

Edited by Kekoa

OOC: Yo @Nikodemus_Blackwood, pretty sure you got Col from that, cause of your LD 17.

Looking over at the low leveled player, the wanderer notices he's having some trouble. He began to walk ever so slowly towards the new guy in a somewhat agitated mood. He had thought that Niko would keep an eye on the new guy, but he was off clearing up some mobs also. As he got closer, he began to slowly build up speed into a charge at the group surrounding the new guy. Suddenly, a rock came out of nowhere and tripped the wanderer in the midst of his charge. As he lands, he skids on the ground. Once his body finally stops, he looks back up at the new guy. Instead of seeing the new guy, he instead finds a rare azure flower. He quickly grabs it and stores it in his inventory and began to make his way back to the new guy.

ID# 62634 results: Loot: 16 (14+2)

+1 Material

+1 EN

- Total Loot -
5 Material

Edited by Rain

((OOC: Nope. Gotta be atleast half my health for them to drop anything.))

Seeing Kekoa still facing the three <<Wind Wasps>> Nikodemus turned and stalked to them, his icy blue eyes glared through the ocular ports of his helmet at the beasts. Swinging his axe wildly to get the bugs attention, Nikodemus missed, but had used the tactic as more of a chance to get the aggro of the <<Wasps>>. Looking to Kekoa, he smiled beneath his helmet. He knew the young man couldn't see it, but it was a habit of his. Watching the <<Wind Wasps>>, he dodged left as they attempted to sting him, and then brought his large tower shield up, ready for the next attack.

ID# 62638 results:

Battle: 1 miss

Craft: 11 Regen. +9 HP.

Loot: 17

MOB: 3 miss

((OOC: I technically have 2 hate, while Rain has 1, and Kekoa has 0. I will take any hits dealt, and take a maximum of 1-4 DMG.

Nikodemus: Lvl: 27 | 108/108 HP | Energy: 22/27 | MIT: 74 (7+13+54) | Thorns: 28 (14+14) | DMG 9 (1+4+4)

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

Kekoa felt a little more at ease now that his party members had joined him for battle. The wasps had seemed to direct their attention towards Nikodemus now, he being able to generate hate so quickly. It was an odd concept considering Nuiko is generally liked. Kekoa laughed on the inside at the thought, but kept his face serious for battle. Since they're distracted, he decided to make his move. He began to move towards them, but quickly realized that it would be foolish to take any kind of action, then. He decided to just stay out of his party's way.

---

Spoiler

ID # 62642 BD: 5 <<NO ACTION>> MD: 5 <<FAIL>>

KEKOA // LVL: 6 // 18/24 HP // ENERGY: 5/6 (+1) // MIT: 0 // THORNS: 0 // DMG: 2 (1+1)

Edited by Kekoa

OOC: Welp... says here you get loot. :P and I messed up. I don't get Col, I get moar mats. XD  Also, these are new mobs, different from the ones we killed. Our hate is reset back to 0.

Monsters that meet loot requirements now have 100% chance to drop 1 Material when killed.
Monsters may also drop Col or Loot based on the LD referencing the table below.
Monsters that do not meet loot requirements (explained at top of the post) use the non-combat table in the section below.

As the wanderer grew closer, a four wind wasp came out of nowhere and began to charge at the new guy. Thinking quickly, the wanderer jumped in front of the new guy and drew his blade. «Tsumuji Guruma» Within seconds, the wanderer draws his blade in a circle around him and his companions. In one fell sweep, he cleaves through all of them ease.

As he looked back at everyone else, "Everyone alright? I think that should be enough mobs, the queen should be spawning here somewhere. Keep an eye out."

Spoiler

ID# 62644 results: Battle: 10
[Level 19] [HP (76/76)] [EN (17/19)] [DMG 8+2] [ACC 3] [EVA 0] [MIT 9]
 » [Tsumuji Guruma] [DMG 8 + Potion 2 + Crit 2] = DMG 12 * SA (1*1) = DMG 12 AoE - MIT 2 = DMG 10 AoE
  » +1 EN; -2 EN

[Wind Wasp] [HP (0/8)] [DMG 6] [MIT 2] DEAD -10 HP

- Total Loot -
5 Materials

Edited by Rain