[PP-F1] A baker's oven. <Earning A Living> (Syn, Vyrtew, Teayre)

The white haired girl looked around as she wandered through the alley ways of Starting City. She still hadn’t left it yet. Breathing deeply looks up at the sign of the Starlight Café. She’d never been one to try something before, yet she did love those treats that the café offered. “Why not just make them myself?” Settling down on a bench nearby she runs her fingers through her hair, before swinging her feet onto the wood next to her and closing her eyes. “How could I do this?” She’d heard about professions but never considered taking one herself.

The boy had managed to keep up with his sister this day as they meandered through the safe zone. Not leaving the walls, they were safe here and he wanted to keep it that way. Watching as Syn made herself comfortable on a bench the white haired lad sat in front of it leaning his head onto the girl’s hip even as she stretched out. “You know, you could just take up cooking. It’d suit someone like you, you get all the treats you want out of it.” He twisted that left braided lock of his around his finger again. “I wonder if I should take one.”

The crimson maiden. It’d been quite a while since the latest boss fight and the girl needed time away. She needed time to train. Actually train this time and not just hide out in her shop. Her fingers drumming on the Muramasa as she sat a short way away from the safe zone, her head resting against a tree her breathing gentle as watched player’s come and go. Most of which gave her a wide birth. The fingers of her right hand twisted the black marble like stone at her neck in several directions letting it go to unravel, then twisting it up again.

“Cooking?” Syn said almost gasping with exasperation before smiling to herself, “You might by right through Vyr. Any ideas where we can start? What about in the Starlight Café? I’d probably better go and get some ingredients first.” Jumping up with a start she sets off towards the entrance to Starting City. Looking around she sees several players all of whom looked busy, except one. Walking up to the girl in red Syn sat down in front of her. “Hi!” she says cheerfully. “What ya doing?”

His head banging on the bench as his sister leaps up after her small monologue. “What on Earth! SYN!” He yells turning to look for her. Unable to see his twin’s long black trench coat he sighs. Scuffing his feet along the floor. “Gather ingredients my- Urgh. She’s gone outside hasn’t she?” He spoke out loud not to anyone in particular.  Adjusting his dagger in its sheathe he heads out towards the exit to Starting City, as he gets there he sees his sister sitting down in front of an orange player.

“Hi! What ya doing?” Gripping the muramasa lightly with her left hand Teayre tilts her head at the girl in front of her. “What am I doing? Why’s it any of your business?” Huffing a little the girl closes her eyes for a second before opening them again. “I’m getting away from the rubbish of the higher floors.” Relaxing her grip as she sees a similar white haired boy skid to a halt at the entrance of Starting City. A small chuckle escaping her lips, “Your boyfriend?”

“I was just curious was all.” The girl snapped back, sitting more upright than before, her hands slapping on her knees. “Just wanted to know if you’d help me with becoming a cook…” She grumbled under her breath. Dropping her vision to the ground she stands up waving a hand. “I thought you’d be of use, you seemed high enough to know a thing or two.” A small smile came over Syn’s face as she turned away from Teayre. Her hands disappearing into the pockets of her trench coat. “Your boyfriend?” Spinning around she glares at the red head, her eyes narrow. “B- B- BOYFRIEND?!” She screams. “HE’S MY BROTHER!” Raising her hand open.

Watching, waiting. Vyrtew quietly mutters to himself, “What -is- she doing?” His eyes caught the player killer’s lips move. His sister stood and turned away. “B- B- BOYFRIEND?!” Running forward he grabs the girl’s arm as she starts to move it forwards. “Sis, there’s no need for that.” Turning to the red head he looks at her. “I’m sorry about that, she gets excitable easily.” Turning he tugs at Syn’s arm whispering in her ear. “Come on lets go, you’ll die if you stay here too long.” Stopping he gave a sigh, he knew it was useless whenever the white haired girl got something stuck in her mind she wouldn’t budge. Looking at Teayre he gives a small smile. “I’m Vyrtew, this is Syn. We’ve just left Starting City.  Would you... No, what would make your time worthwhile?”

Holding her hand out to Vyrtew the red head nods at him, “Teayre.” She replies, “My time… Help me help you. Help me clear this game. You’ll become strong enough in time until then provide me with buffs. We need to work together to clear this game and being a crafter is just as important as players who are frontliners.” She paused for a moment shuddering. “What do you want from me providing my time to you?” Her red eyes glossed over the duet in front of her. Gleaming down at them she drums her fingers on the hilt of her katana. “Maybe. Just Maybe. With what –he- said.”

“He. Is. My. Brother.” The white haired girl says her voice low and brittle. Eyes meeting Teayre’s even as she spoke with that condescending tone.  “You want us to provide you with buffs? Like little pet minions?” Syn laughed at Teayre, “Like that’s going to happen.” Turning she waved a hand dismissively at the ginger girl. “Too bad you’ll never manage to get someone who’ll care for you.” Turning to her brother she looks him dead in the eyes, “Come on we don’t need her to get through this game, we’ll manage without her.”

Vyrtew took the red head’s hand giving it a firm shake. “Nice to meet you,” “Come on we don’t need her to get through this game.”  The boy’s yellow eyes widened and then narrowed and a small hiss escaped through his teeth. “Stay still Syn, this might be the best chance we have of getting out.” Turning back to Teayre he shook his head. “Sorry about that, both of you. Going from what I’ve heard you’d want a cook or fisherman and either an alchemist or musician correct?” Without waiting for a reply Vyrtew continues. “Syn wants to become a cook, she’s been to the Starlight Café one too many times and wants to make treats like those there. As for myself I can’t choose between alchemy or performing.”

“Never Manage to get someone who’ll care for you.” Those last three words. They echoed within Teayre’s mind. “Care for you.” Her lips form the words slowly, before a low chuckle rose up inside of her. “You have no idea my little Syn. Your name is the story of my life. Both of your names are in fact.” Laughing at her own private joke Teayre gently continues to drum her fingers on the hilt of the muramasa. Her laughter stopped suddenly as the boy mentioned a special place to her. Starlight Café. “It’s been a while since I’ve heard that name and even longer since I was there myself. You have made a good choice Syn. For now, let’s focus on getting your cooking up. Vyrtew you decide what you want to do as we travel.”

The girl’s voice sent shivers down her spine, right into her soul. “What- What do you mean?” She gasped at Teayre, “It can’t have been that bad, surely?” the young girl’s eyes flicked between the two people she was with. As her voice was drowned out Syn placed a hand on her stomach, and one hand on a nearby tree almost doubling over. “It can’t have been that bad.” Her voice was weak her whole body quivering. She could feel the eyes burning into her from her brother and the player killer. “I’ll get on the quest as soon as possible.” She mutters.

They boy couldn’t help but go to his sister’s side as he saw her standing there bent double her face going a shade of green. Gently placing his hand on her back he whispers in her ear. “It’s okay we’ll do it together alright?” Helping her upright he looks over to Teayre. “So what do we need to do to get Syn’s cooking skill sorted?” He called over to the ginger. Her hand had gone back to his dagger again gently curled around it. Taking a deep breath, he moves his hand away letting go of the blade. “We want to get stronger quickly!”

The red head couldn’t help but laugh and point to the building in front of her.  “In there you go. There’s an NPC in there who can give you a crash course. After that it’s a matter of grinding as much as you can. These might help as well.” The red head says passing the white haired girl a few items. Her fingers playing with the white charm at her neck Teayre lets out a small sigh. “Cal… I hope things are going okay for you.” Opening her menu she types something into it before closing the whole thing down. Walking over to Vyrtew she catches his shoulder spinning him around. “Let’s get some bits for her to cook shall we?”

Following Items Given to Syn

Spoiler

Item: Patisserie Tool
Item Type: Miniature Masterpiece
Quality: Perfect
Enhancement:
+1 Crafting Attempt Each Day.
Description:  A small clay tool used for shaping patisseries.

Item: Danish Whirl
Item Type: Trinket
Enhancement:
+1 EXP for every craft
Description: A small twisted metal band that can be taken off and used as a cutter for pastry.

Item: Baker’s Bun
Item Type: Project
Enhancement:
+1 CD when crafting in a shop.
Description: Picture of a baker placing different patisseries in an oven.

Syn gulps as she spots the building in front of her, taking the items from Teayre. Her brother gently pushing her forwards towards it and Teayre showing the door to her. She takes it gently pulling it open a great waft of steam came up and over her head. Spluttering she steps in side. “H-Hi, I’m here to learn how to be a cook.” The burly man in front of her smiled, holding his hand out. “You’ve come to the right place.” Taking the girl under his wing he started to show her the basics of cooking with a range of different ingredients.

Syn Gains Following Items

Spoiler

Item: Patisserie Tool
Item Type: Miniature Masterpiece
Quality: Perfect
Enhancement:
 +1 Crafting Attempt Each Day.
Description:  A small clay tool used for shaping patisseries.

Item: Danish Whirl
Item Type: Trinket
Enhancement:
 +1 EXP for every craft
Description: A small twisted metal band that can be taken off and used as a cutter for pastry.

Item: Baker’s Bun
Item Type: Project
Enhancement:
 +1 CD when crafting in a shop.
Description: Picture of a baker placing different patisseries in an oven.

Following Teayre, Vyrtew drew his blade glancing at her nervously. “Are you sure I’m not going to be in the way?” He mumbles his eyes darting nervously along the tree lines. As he round the corner a wolf appears in front of him. Vyrtew lets out a breath before he flicks his dagger a low glow coming from it as his sword art Sand Bite activates. He flies past the wolf as his sword art takes him. The beast ducked out of the way and sunk its jaw into the boy. Letting out a scream Vyrtew watches as his health drops.

Vyrtew: 5/8 (3 Damage) EN: 0/2 Missed

Wolf: 4/4 Mit: 1

ID# 62411 results: Battle: 4 Craft: 4 Loot: 9 MOB: 7

Edited by Vyrtew

“Are you sure I’m not going to be in the way?” Placing a hand on the teen’s shoulder Teayre squeezes and gently pushes him forwards. “You’ll be fine.” Even as she said that a wolf spawned not five steps away from them. Her brow furrowed as Vyrtew got attacked by the creature. Huffing she shoots forwards and cuts the creature, watching it burst into crystals. “Well, you should have been fine.” Settling down Teayre closes her eyes next to tree as she waits for the white haired girl to finish.

ID: 62412 BD: 10 (6 + 4 ACC) CD: 3 LD: 2 MD: 2

Teayre: 185/185 Energy: 44/45 Single hit of her sword.

Vyrtew: 5/8 (3 Damage) EN: 0/2 Missed

Wolf: 0/4 Mit: 1 - Dead

Edited by Teayre

Sweat dripped from her forehead as the girl laboured in the kitchen. The orders of the chef she was learning a lot. It must have been several hours, she was in there when the girl finally emerged. Knives in hand. “Finally I did it. I got my training complete.” Her fingers flew quickly as she sent a message to Teayre and Vyrtew. “It’s done. Now to prepare my shop.” It read. Smiling at the man who’d trained her Syn thanks him before leaving.

Looking up Vyrtew stops, a message spinning around on his screen. “Teayre. Hang on a second.” He calls, his right hand swiping down and activating the buzzing menu his eyes flicking through the message that he had received from his sister. “I think she’s ready.” Turning away from the massacre before him he sheathes his blade clipping it into the hilt. Turning around he heads through the small copse of trees weaving his way back to the start. His eyes meeting his sister he nods. “Shall we?”