[PP-F1] Break is Over - COMPLETED

Cygnus took a moment to look around at the group that had gathered in the square. He found himself amused. Today was an interesting day. He had met a lot of new people even when he didn't intend to. With a sigh, a small chuckle, and a few shakes of his head, he thought, guess i'm going to have to make room for some me time later. He looked at Aster expectantly. He thought of repeating his question, but figured it would be kind of rude to do that. He wondered though if it really was. When he separated from his family, he found that a lot of things he was taught were "rude" weren't rude at all. Taking a chance, he decided to repeat it. "So, um... what's his name?" He said, leaning down and scratching behind Reginald's ear a bit. He looked up at Emblem, studying his face to make sure that what he did really wasn't rude.

Edited by Cygnus

Baldur blinked and looked up from the UI screen he had been looking at.

"Sorry about that Cygnus, I got a message from an old friend."

He turned to look around at the small group of lower leveled players that had gathered around them. He recognized Rain as his go-to alchemist. "Oh, Rain, it is good to see you, but no, I'm not Japanese. I moved to Kyoto several years ago though."

Baldur looked around at the others, a bit embarrassed that he had missed so much of the conversation, but he had never been good at multitasking between listening and reading.

Aster reflexively closed the heavy book in her lap, fingers curling over the top of the cover. She wasn't going to get any reading done today. There were so many greetings, conversations, and questions filling the air around her that she was starting to feel overwhelmed again. Quickly filling her lungs with a short breath, the girl put on a smile. She nodded to the soft-spoken girl with white hair who had introduced herself as Syn. Immediately afterwards, the girl was a bit startled by another player who had taken a seat on the opposite side of her, holding out his hand. She looked up to see matching white hair, managing to process the name he had given her before the length of her staring was growing dangerously close to a rude level. The girl accepted his hand in a light shake, withdrawing back to rest on the book in her lap after a moment.

"Hey there!" The words pulled Aster's attention as they were directed to her, and the girl looked up to spot a familiar face teasing her with his words. The girl couldn't help a frown, but she quickly adjusted to a weak smile as she realized he meant no real harm by the line.

Lastly, a man who had been feeding the greedy fox plenty of attention asked about his name. Realizing she might have missed his words at first by the tone of his question, Aster gave a nervous start. "Oh! Sorry, his name is Reginald." She watched with subdued annoyance as the fox played innocently with Cygnus, eating up the petting and attention he could get from whatever player would offer it to him.

Cygnus looked over at Baldur as he apologized for being preoccupied. Cygnus remained bent over and petting the little fox near him. "Hey, don't worry about it. Life is too short to not speak to old friends. Life seems especially short nowadays." He chuckled a little to make it seem like the last part of his statement was a joke. After that and after Aster introduced Reginald to him, he smiled and looked up at her. "He's very cute. How'd you come into possession of him?" He asked, looking back down at the fox and continuing to give him attention. "Hey there, Reginald." He gave him a few more scratches behind the ears before staightening up and looking back at Aster.

Completely lost in her eyes, the wanderer couldn't help but watch as Aster grew flustered from all the people trying to speak to her. He didn't care for what they were saying or what they did, all his focus was on the orange haired girl. "Just what am I doing?" The wanderer was never one to stare at a woman like this for long. Him blatantly staring like that for awhile is... "Stop it! Look away!" The wanderer forced his face down to his lap. His body had failed to follow his mind. Why was he so concern for a woman he has been on a quest once. As he sat there, his legs began to grew restless. All this lounging around wasn't helping. They are all trapped in this god forsaken world, and they need to get stronger. A quest perhaps. But just what...

Looking through his quest log, he quickly spots a fairly low level quest which gives a decent amount of SP. Then after they could even tackle a sub-dungeon, as they're a decent amount of them.

Jutting out of his seat, he quickly tried to get everyone's attention. He has become too antsy and needs adventure. "Hey guys, I know we're all still new to meeting each other, but what if we all tackle a quest together? Perhaps even hit a sub-dungeon? There's a quest on the 2nd floor of Aincrad which - for those who haven't completed it yet, can get an easy 3 SP. You guys have me and Baldur there so we should be able to clean up the boss quickly. Same thing with the sub-dungeon." The wanderer seemed to have said everything so he slowly went back to his seat, when he realized that he didn't even mention what the quest is called. Jumping back up from his seat, "Ahh!!! It's called «Long Live The Queen»"

OOC: by the by, @Baldur do you happen to have howl?

Edited by Rain

Baldur watched the interaction between the players, and when Rain mentioned that he wanted them to head to a quest and a sub-dungeon, Baldur couldn't help but smile. He remembered the quest <<Long Live the Queen>> from a very long time ago now. He remembered verbally sparring back and forth with Tyger making bad bee related puns. It had been a much more innocent time in this castle for the gaijin wanna-be samurai.

"That's a great idea, however there are no sub dungeons beneath the 5th floor of the castle, and that might be a bit risky for some of our crew here. I don't miss, so it shouldn't be a problem, but my presence in the group would prevent you guys from getting any loot - but you'd still get all the XP."

OOC: I do not - I'm a DPS build.

While in the middle of his conversation with Aster, he heard a voice from behind him speak up, asking if they all wanted to do a quest. He had only just met these people, but they all seemed friendly enough. At least the ones he spoke to. Not to mention the valuable XP he would gain. He turned to look at Rain as he sat down. It occurred to him then that the guy hadn't mentioned which quest he was suggesting they take. He frowned a bit once he mentioned that the quest was <<Long Live the Queen>>. He had already completed that one. Well, so much for the XP. Still, he could get The Matriarch's Stinger, so it wouldn't be for naught. He could help out He raised his hand. "I would participate. But it should be known that I have already done the quest. I would be happy to help out though." He put his hand down.

When the man straightened, Reginald promptly rubbed up against his leg as a cat would. His hunger for attention seemed endless, but once Cygnus' attention appeared to be fixed elsewhere, the fox returned to his owner's feet, curling up and laying himself down on the cobblestone floor. Meanwhile, the girl beside him offered a small smile at the man's question. "Oh, a quest." She spoke up, looking to be in thought for a moment. "From this floor, actually. It felt like I just ran into the NPC by chance, though..." She trailed off. The girl's attention was quickly brought back as man beside her suddenly moved to his feet. She looked over with a start, but listened thoughtfully as he suggested quests and sub-dungeons, both of which she sorely lacked completion of.

Aster frowned in thought, mulling over the idea, and when he offered the name of a quest she didn't recognize, the girl gave a nod of her head. "Oh, sure," She started, feeling obligated to tack on a disclaimer of sorts. "I'm not any good for damage, but if you don't mind me tagging along," Her words trailed off as her gaze idly drifted back to her lap.

Khrysaor who was quietly sitting beside the talking group. He watched on in amusement at Rain who was staring at Aster. He thought doing a quest would be fun, so he said, "I am up for a quest, it doesn't matter to me much what quest we do. I would love to help out." Khrysaor had already done the Long Live the Queen quest, but he was alright with doing it again. "So, should we head out since we are in agreement or wait a little just in case any of the others around the square may want to join in on the action, and a sub-dungeon after sounds exciting. If we do this it will be my first time exploring one of those dungeons, and great experience, so I am in. I could certainly use the experience."

Bhairyuu watched Aster give him a weak smile in response to his teasing and after a little while decided that he had his fill of teasing her and let her focus her attention on Cygnus and her familiar Reginald. He then turned his attention to Khrysaor and the others who were now talking about going on a quest or even exploring a sub-dungeon and spoke up, adding his two cents 

"I would love to go for a quest with all of you...unfortunately though, I am not as strong as I ought to be, but that being said...I think I can still help out in one way or another...perhaps with the strategy part if not too much for the actual combat. Going along would greatly benefit me in the way of experience and maybe even Col and some items...if we get lucky..." 

He said and then waited to hear the responses of the others in the group which was by now even larger than when he first spotted it and wondered what sort of quest they would be going on.

Victor found himself with the same old crowd. Run in with these people usually meant some dull conversations for Luke and a lot of pretentious interest for Victor. The boy wasn't particularly fond of the orange head's little foxy fox, he kept his distance from her while other cooed at it. The talk of a quest however piqued the boy's interest. He sauntered over closer to the group and offered his cursory greetings. "I can deal some decent damage, mostly I can avoid attacks too..." Victor announced, scratching his chin while he weighed his options. It probably wasn't as unsafe for him to go with a group to do this quest. The level up would be of decent value too. "Let's just make sure no one dies, if there are people willing to tank and things, this shouldn't be that tough." he deliberated out loud. "So we lay out a plan and get going?" He finished. It was a crisp day today, sharp vision for a good quest, though he had planned on tackling this quest alone, a meat shield sure wouldn't hurt.

As the wanderer fell back down to his seat, Aster gave off a familiar remark. One he remembers from when they did the Avalanche quest together. "Pfft it's fine. You're a field medic. That's enough importance to be on the battle field." As he calmly talked, he turned to face Aster. "Besides, I'd be there to protect you." It felt odd, but natural. As he said those words, he let off an genuine smile as if he enjoyed the adventure with the woman more than just the thought of completing the quest.

As he faced her he began talking again, but not to Aster, but everyone else. "It would be the first for many of us here." He then calmly faced everyone. "For some, it's just another visit to the dungeons." In his head, it sounded sound and sincere, but the way he spoke sounded overly cocky. Trying to change his tone to that of the serious nature, he leaned in closer, putting his hands together and his elbows on his knees. His thumbs slightly touching his chin. "What I'm saying is... It's best to be prepared. Once you're inside there, there's no getting out until the dungeon is completed. Me and and Baldur, would probably be fine in there, but we don't wanna spoil you guys. We'll keep watch and only butt in when you guys need our help."

Cygnus nodded as Rain spoke. "Yeah. I understand. Safety should be our top priority. Having two higher level players around will help with that. I don't see us getting in trouble though. Still, on the field of battle, anything can happen. I've built myself up as a damage dealer, so I would best serve a purpose in front, where the combat is going on. I'll give her everything i've got." He nodded confidently. Even though he had done this quest before, he was itching to get back out there and get another crack at the boss. Their last encounter didn't go as he would have liked, his performance leaving much to be desired. It was good to have another chance to redeem himself.

"I can also help out somewhat with the damage dealing in the quest since I have commissioned my custom weapon and depending on the timing of this quest we're talking about doing, I might have myself some custom armor as well."

Bhairyuu spoke up in a somewhat casual tone of voice after Cygnus said his bit and after pausing for effect, he spoke again

"So...do we have a rough idea of when exactly we're doing this quest? Will it be after adjourning this meeting we're have now? Or perhaps later after the Asterios event is over?"

Bhairyuu asked to the group at large and then fell silent as he waited for one or more of his new acquaintances to speak up in reply to clarify his doubts and concerns

Aster wasn't sure why, but the snowy-haired man's words made her feel awkward. When Rain faced her, the girl avoided looking back at him, shifting a bit and staring down at the cover of the book in her lap. Regardless of her introverted quietness, the rest of the players continued on, discussing the plan of a quest and dungeon-delving. The ginger girl gave a small nod of commitment, keeping her focus on her hands. "Just let me know when and where to meet." She wasn't speaking to anyone in particular, as it still wasn't too clear who was leading their makeshift party. She at least wanted to stop by her shop and collect some supplies before rushing out to a group quest.

((Short post, sorry. My brain is fried.))

Baldur reached into his pack and pulled out a small manual and flipped through some pages. Putting his fist up against his chin in thought as he read something from the little black book.

"Actually, it says here we're too large of a party for <<Long Live the Queen>> as well. However, have any of you completed the <<Search for the Hoya>> quest? That one seems like it would be a good alternative."

He closed the little book but left it on his lap.

"Rain or I could easily keep the minotaurs from hurting anyone."

Emblem walked around floor 1 with his armor and sword equipped. He felt like going out and doing something today but wanted someone to do talk with. As he walked through the town he spotted a group of people who seemed very familiar. He walked up to them with a grin on his face. Hey guys! How goes it! Emblem as he approached could hear they were talking about taking on a quest. Oh are you guys taking on a quest. If you want I can join you and take a DPS spot in your party? Emblem looked around to see that this was in fact the same group of people that he had spent some time with awhile ago. 

Cygnus was all excited to go on the quest, but that excitement quickly died when Baldur mentioned that the quest they had decided on had a party size limit that they were too large for. Baldur saved Cygnus's day, however, when he mentioned that they could all still go on <<Search for the Hoya>> . Cygnus pulled out his own guide and found the quest in its pages. It seemed like it would be difficult, but with Rain and Baldur with them, it should at least be safe. He hadn't done this quest before either, so he would get some XP out of this one! Cygnus nodded. "Okay. Let's do this!" 

Bhairyuu spoke up after Cygnus announcing his intent to go on the <<Search for the Hoya>> quest with everyone

"Count me in!! It's about time I got into doing quests anyway, so this will be a good experience for me even if I dont get any items out of the deal."

He then paused and spoke to Cygnus since he figured Cygnus would be the quest starter out of the whole group

"Please let me know by PM or something when and where this quest will be going down. Also, let me know what I can do to help." 

Victor considered the discussion. Finally this seemingly idol group was going to prove useful. All the time the guy had invested in maintaining ties with these people, was going to pay off. While the more experienced, Baldur suggested the quest that the group could invest time in, Victor thought of how best they could make a formation to finish the task up most efficiently. Breaking out of his reverie, just to ensure that he piped in to say that he would like to be a part of this endeavor as well. "Sounds like we've got ourselves a mission to accomplish." He threw in casually. "I'd sure love to be a part of this." The boy confirmed his intention of joining this assorted task force. "Just let me know when and where as well..." He said, quoting the guy before him. With that Victor decided that he didn't really have to stay collected with these players, time was of the essence and there was stuff he needed to get done. He tipped his head in way of taking his leave.