[PP-F4] «Grandmaster Katana» This is only the beginning... [Completed]

ruin_snow_temple_by_hidayartsaini-d9cxfk

Calmly walking down the snowy, uneven mountain path, the wanderer looked ahead to his destination. The Shadow Temple, the place where he first grasp his knowledge of the katana. Who knew he would be returning here, and so soon. You see, the wanderer will soon reach the 5th rank in his Katana. He figure, it's probably best to return to his master, his senpai, and tell him of his deed.

As he got closer, the place looked ever as calm and ruined as was last seen by the wanderer. The snow around it calmly fell to the ground and winds blew chills across the lands. Yet, something just felt out of place.

Edited by Rain

Standing upon a snowy cliff was Helios, wearing his black and green outfit, which included his cap today. Snow lightly fell from the sky onto both him and the ground. He stared down at the fair sized temple and sighed calmly, wondering what might be inside of it. The noirette had never seen anything like it in his past travels to the Fourth Floor. Then again, he didn't explore outside of the floor's safezone often.

The man had been deep in thought after his familiar, and friend,  had died to the hands of a mob. Lucifer the Leopard was gone for good. Helios constantly wondered if he should obtain a new familiar. He could always redo the quest, of course. But it would never be the same if he did that.

Suddenly, he noticed a man heading towards the building. Helios recognized the man from a quest he had taken prior, but couldn't quite remember who he was. "I suppose I'll head down there as well." he mumbled, looking for a safe way to travel down the cliff.

A few steps into the temple, and nothing's changed. The halls were cold and hollow with no real luster. The walls themselves were as decrepit as the wanderer last saw them. The cold chilling wind sweep in like before. There was nothing new, but something was still off. He has figured that he'd get some happy welcoming or something, but no. Looking around the place, it seems like the place hasn't been touched in centuries. The wanderer didn't want to give into his pessimistic thoughts. He slowly opened his mouth, "Master! I have returned." Nothing, but the howling of the winds. Something wasn't right.

Helios examined the temple's design. Up close it was even larger and more magnificent than it had been from the top of the cliff. The other player that had entered the player was no where to be seen from where the noirette stood. His cap shielded all of the snow that was blowing towards his eyes and face, which was helpful since the wind began to pick up. He stepped into the structure quietly. Inside, he could hear nothing but the wind. Helios began to wonder what the man who had entered only a few minutes before him was doing there. What exactly is he up to here? he pondered, continuing down the cold, seemingly abandoned hallways.

Edited by Helios

After a few more minutes of scouring, the wanderer heard some footsteps behind him. Thinking it could be an enemy, he quickly hid in the shadows. Ones he is quiet familiar with in this temple. As the stranger walked farther in, he noticed that there's a familiar aura about the player.  Curious on what he could be doing in this decrepit temple, the wanderer stepped out of the shadows and drew hit blade. He pointed it at the stranger measuring him from the distance. "Who are you and what did you do to the people here." A false threat, but the wanderer was curious. The stranger didn't have a orange icon, so that means he hasn't harmed any PKers, but he knew full well there's ways around that.

After seeing the player, Helios was a bit startled. However, he spoke calmly and chose his words carefully. "My name is Helios. I was simply passing through and wanted to explore this place before I went by. I have no idea what happened to anyone who might have been here before me." He told the man, who from what he could tell, didn't recognize him. It was true, what the dark-haired man had stated. He was only wandering through the Fourth Floor when he happened to stumble upon the place. The man, unlike Helios, clearly knew the place. "What is this structure to you? Is it what you'd call home?" He asked in a curious tone. If he was right and Rain did live there, then it would be an interesting place of choice. Not somewhere Helios would have chosen, as it was overwhelmingly cold, both inside and out.

Edited by Helios

The wanderer kept his sword steady. He wasn't entirely sure of the stranger, this Helios player, and his motives so he was still weary of him. "This is where I got my katana skill." It was short, but to the point. He had no time to dawdle around. As he kept his sword in front of him, he slowly stepped back farther into the temple. Perhaps he should check out inner chambers. There had to be some clue as to the disappearance of the shadows. As he stepped farther in, he kept his eyes on the black haired stranger. "I suggest you leave this place, it's dangerous." A fair warning. But that warning was meant for both of them. The wanderer had no clue if this place was safe anymore.

Stealthed: LD 12+

Dangerous? This entire game is dangerous. The lad thought as he continued following the hallway. Helios did of course acknowledge the words of the player, who had now disappeared, but he wasn't going to leave just because of a suggestion. Instead, he'd be extra careful. Soon enough, the young male withdrew his curved sword from his sheath. There wasn't anything around him, from what he could see, but he wanted to be safe. The air was still and felt oddly unwelcoming towards the swordsman. He looked around, wondering if he'd find the katana-wielding player once again, but that man was nowhere to be seen.

"What happened in this place?" Helios muttered to himself. On the outside he seemed calm and ready for action, but inside... He couldn't help but be a bit frightened. The white-haired man had asked what he had done to the people there. This signified that there were people here to begin with. Where did they go? If they were NPCs then they wouldn't just leave the place. Even if they weren't, would they just abandon the temple? Helios was unsure of every explanation he thought up.

Edited by Helios

Creeping through the shadows, the wanderer began to take a closer look around the place. In the main hall, there was clutter everywhere. There were signs of fighting all around. The chairs and tables were either cut in half or scarred from a blade. The walls were littered with marks of cuts. There was definitely a fight here, but there were no signs of life at all. Just what could've done all of this. This wasn't all here when he was last here.

"The magma chamber" The wanderer knew that if there would be any signs of life anywhere in this place, the chamber would be the best place to look. As slowly began to make a few steps forward, when he spots the stranger from before. The wanderer winced at the idea that his warning wasn't heeded. "I told this guy to leave already..."

Stealthed still: LD 12+

As Helios reached a point of the hallway that seemed like it could be the end, he stood face to face with a large door. The young swordsman was convinced that all of the answers would be revealed in the room behind the entrance. What could be behind this? He asked himself, raising his blade a bit. The dark-haired man prepared himself for what was going to be inside of the room. It was definitely going to be a big space, judging by the size of it's entrance. He imagined what he'd find ahead. Just standing at the door, he could already feel heat radiating from the room in front of him. "Time to open it up, I suppose."

Edited by Helios

As the wanderer crept through the shadows, he kept a close eye on the stranger. "Just what exactly is he doing here?" he though to himself. He had no reason to be staying here, yet this black haired stranger kept trucking through this dilapidated temple. As the wanderer watched the stranger walk up to the door to the magma chamber, the wanderer grew fluster. He was suppose to go inside and see the place. Within seconds, the wanderer calls out from the shadows, "Wait! You are about to go to is the most dangerous place in this temple." 

Edited by Rain

Before Helios could open the door, a voice behind him told him to stop. He turned around. The dark-haired swordsman couldn't see where exactly the man was, however he could tell it was the katana-wielder from before. He took a breath. Helios knew there were two reasons the hidden player was following him. Either there was something in the room that he didn't want the noirette to see, or the room really was dangerous. However, he believed it was the first option. Rain had come in that direction for a reason and it was likely that reason wasn't only to follow the man.

"If it's so dangerous in there, then why are you here?"

Edited by Helios

"I need to figure out what happened the people here." The wanderer slowly steps out of the darkness. "They were the ones that taught me how to wield my katana." He slowly steps towards the door. With a gentle push, the door slowly opens as if by magic. As the door slowly creaked open, an intense heat came blasting at their faces. "This is the magma chamber."

The room was circular in nature. Lava pour out of the walls into a pit down below. Ahead of them was a platform that was made of rocks. The platform was connected to bridge also made out of rocks, that connected to the four doors. One of these doors were where the wanderer and the stranger stood. Upon a closer look. It seems are though the platform and the bridge themselves were carved out of the rocks by the lava flow. At the center of the platform, stood a shadowy figure. Next to him, a dark blade.

The first thing Helios noticed wasn't the lava flowing from the walls, nor was it the bridges and doors. He stared straight at the figure next to the blade. "I'm going to go ahead and assume that man isn't one of the people you're searching for." An unsettling feeling fell upon the lad as he gripped his blade tighter. "The sword in the middle... What exactly does he want with it?" He inquired, hoping the white-haired man would know who the man was and what he wanted.

Honestly, Helios wasn't sure what to do. Did he fight or stay away from the man? He was unsure whether to enter further into the room or not. The man closed his eyes for a moment before taking one step closer. Has he noticed us yet? I can't even tell.

39827d385fc2b2deb71f672a98dda729.jpg

"Get your blade ready..." a quick word of advice as the wanderer slowly walked forward. "No, that dark figure isn't with us." He said, while keep an eye on the new stranger. She of course wasn't a stranger to the wanderer. He knew exactly who that was. Her showing up in the middle of the temple only spelled trouble for the two player. "Nyla, where is the master?" The wanderer questioned. He knew full well of her capabilities and he knew that she noticed them a long time ago.

Once the wanderer stood face to face to Nyla, he kept his left hand close to his blade. With his right hand, he waved in the air, and quickly took out a Greater Damage Potion I.

Greater Damage Potion I Used [+2 Damage]

Spoiler

Stats
[H 0] [Rain] [Level 21] [HP (84/84)] [Energy (20/20)] [DMG 8] [ACC 3] [EVA 2] [MIT 9]

Nyla
HP 100/100
DMG 12
MIT 30
ACC 1
EVA 1

Uses up to Rank 2 Katana Sword Arts

Edited by Rain

Helios immediately knew a fight was going to begin the moment the two swordsman entered the room. Nyla, the white-haired man had called her. It was then that the mysterious figure had turned away from the shadows, revealing her identity. The emerald-eyed player couldn't tell earlier, however he now realized that the figure was not a man, but a woman. The brown-haired NPC wore dark, metallic armor and a mask of the same color covering her mouth. A katana sat patiently at her hip, waiting to be used in battle.

The noirette sat idle, listening as the male katana-wielder spoke to the woman. He asked her where "the master" was. Helios could only assume they were both students under the same master, the one who taught them how to use their Japanese-style blades.

Spoiler

Helios
HP: 68
Energy: 17
DMG: 7
ACC: 1
EVA: 0
MIT: 21
REC: 1

Edited by Helios

Nyla slowly pulled down her mask. "Well I killed him of course. Along with the entire shadow clan." A sadistic smile plaster on Nyla's face. Her eyes grew in blood lust. There was no turning back from what she's done. What's done, is done.

The wanderer grew furious at the drop of her words. It seems that she had killed off everyone last one of the shadow clan except for Nyla... and him. "Die." He had no more words for her. She dies here and now. What she has done is unforgivable.

The wanderer tightly grabs Bakuzan and begins to recklessly rush Nyla. Nyla followed suite and charged right at the wanderer. As the wanderer swung his blade, so too did Nyla, and their blades clashed with sparks flying. But only for a moment. With the crazy speed of the two, their swords did clash, but the wanderer had aimed low. In the moment, he reflected Nyla's attack and took her arm. Now, she stands there with one arm left.

OOC: I changed up her MIT a bit, I thought it was too easy if she dies in one turn so I cranked it up. It is a 2v1 anyways...

@Helios

Spoiler

LD 1-10 hits Rain | LD 11+ Hits Helios

ID# 63116 results: Battle: 8 (6+3-1)
[H 1] [Rain] [Level 21] [HP 84/84] [Energy 14/21] [DMG 8] [ACC 3] [EVA 2] [MIT 9]

» [Zekkai] [DMG 8 + Potion 2] = DMG 10 * SA (1*7) = DMG 70 - MIT 30 = DMG 40
  » -7 EN
[H 0] [Helios] [HP 68/68] [Energy 17] [DMG 7] [ACC 1] [EVA 0] [MIT 21] [REC 1]

ID# 63116 results: Craft: 6 Loot: 7 MOB: 1 = Aims for Rain
[Nyla] [HP 60/100][DMG 12] [ACC 1] [EVA 1] [MIT 30]

» Missed
  » -40 HP

Edited by Rain

Helios swiftly lunged at the woman before pivoting on his right foot and activating his «Dancing Hellraiser» Sword Art. Multiple times, the man slashed through his opponent, forcing her to take damage. He watched as her expression changed. She glared at him furiously and seemed to have stopped focusing on the other player in the party. Now's your chance. He thought, turning his head to Rain and nodding in confirmation.

ID: 63130 BD: 9+1-1=9 (+1 DMG CD: 12 (+1 REC)
Activated Dancing Hellraiser. 8*4*2-30=34

Party:

Helios: 68/68 | Energy: 9/17
Rain: 84/84 | Energy 14/21

Enemies:

Nyla: 26/100 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 1 | EVA 1

Edited by Helios

After getting thrashed by the black-haired stranger, Nyla grew furious and now aimed her focus at Helios. As she got close, her blade began to glow red. Then, as she swung her sword, she hit nothing but air, as Helios had somehow dodged the attack.

Wanting to take the opportunity of the situation, the wanderer rushed at her, trying to intercept her attack. As he got closer and readied his attack, an unsuspecting rock came out of nowhere and tripped the wanderer to the ground.

OCC: I told you... new mit... 30 mit now...

Spoiler

ID# 63142 results: Battle: 1
[H 1] [Rain] [Level 21] [HP 84/84] [Energy 13/21] [DMG 8] [ACC 3] [EVA 2] [MIT 9]
 » Missed
  » +1 Energy; -2 Energy
[H 1] [Helios] [HP 68/68] [Energy 9/17] [DMG 7] [ACC 1] [EVA 0] [MIT 21] [REC 1]

ID# 63142 results: Craft: 2 Loot: 20 MOB: 3 (2+1) = Aims for Helios
[Nyla] [HP 26/100][DMG 12] [ACC 1] [EVA 1] [MIT 30]
 » Missed

Edited by Rain

The noirette watched as his partner fell to the ground. It was a shame they couldn't end the fight right there. Instead, Helios held the katana-wielding woman off so the white-haired man could finish her off. He made sure he stood face to face with the girl before he sliced forwards with his curved-sword and activated a different Sword Art this time; «Oval Crescent»

The ability knocked her down, leaving her katana a short distance away from her. "She's all yours!" Helios exclaimed as he stepped back, in case the swordsman had a trick up her sleeve.

ID: 63130 BD: 10 (+2 DMG) CD: 12 (+1 REC)
Activated Oval Crescent. 9*5*1-30=15

Party:

Helios: 68/68 | Energy: 5/17
Rain: 84/84 | Energy 14/21

Enemies:

Nyla: 11/100 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 30 | ACC: 1 | EVA 1

Edited by Helios