[PP-F1] Set Fire to the Rain (Rain)

Kindle's Cunundrum

Aincrad was quite the city central of local nerds in the Japanese region, though never could Kindle have imagined her life taking such a bizarre turn as this as she now found herself away from her parents to a realm of endless possibilities. Glancing out and about the digital sky the girl simply gave a rather monotonous nod as it wasn't anything overly shocking besides the realism it flaunted. She herself was dressed in a rather elegant gown today as she had always enjoyed the customization of one's avatar as she didn't even bother trying to hide her true appearance the day that everything went to hell. People swapped gender and sizes while she just stood there unphased by the chaotic rants that people started bellowing out after realizing they were trapped like rats. Instead Kindle simply shrugged and wandered off back into the city uncaring of the message as she had gotten the jest of it. This was a death game, and she was merely one of the lab rats inside of it. "Exhilarating," she spoke softly under her breath still adoring this simple fact. "Hmm, it's already been a few months and all I have gotten done was explore the first floor city I think it is about time I try and make some money perhaps even meet some people to start my own merry band of delinquents if anyone will join."

"First I think it is time to get some food though," she glanced about the city and saw a shop her hands sliding up to her menu and staring at the lackluster zero in her Col column as she shrugged and walked up to the NPC. "Excuse me could I please have some of your finest food, don't mind the price I have no issue with that."

naruto-ramen--500x375.png

Wandering the streets of the Town of Beginnings, the wanderer had been scouring, looking for a place to eat. He remembered there was a little shop around here that sold one of the best ramen he's tried - in this game. As his began to salivate at the thought of the japanese cuisine, a familiar scent began to proliferate the air. Within seconds, the wanderer knew exactly what that smell was. "Ramen."

He followed the scent through a couple of turns until he reach a little shop. He quickly rushed over blurting out. "Best ramen you've got!" His hunger was slowly beginning to take control. "Make that two!" He blurted out once more. But then, a peculiar young woman came happening by looking for some food. She didn't seem like it at a quick glance, but the wanderer had a gut feeling she's new to the game. "Hmm.. I wonder if she has the money for this."

Kindle sat down at her own table, a natural wake as people seemed to subconsciously inch their chairs away from the rather gloomy aura she was providing.Despite the dreary mood she brought to a table though she also managed to stir a few wandering eyes of the male population who were glancing over her rack. Plump and full as she now rested them upon the table conforming to the wood of the furniture till the flattened out like pancakes upon a stove. Her head slouched lower and lower till finally her eyes closed shut as she sighed planning to just walk away from the table after finishing her food as she didn't have many plans for payment. After all that was what she did in the real world when she didn't swipe her father's credit card. The swiping of a simple card was all she needed to not be chased down by the manager back then now she wasn't certain what would happen maybe guards would forever hunt her down or the like. It was an invigorating thought, but also risky as she realized the rules here could have been more hazardous. "That smells delicious," she whimpered softly rubbing her stomach as she hadn't really ate much while here. Occasionally some gentleman offered her dinner which she wouldn't refuse but all of them now new how she treated them. Just a free

Sniffing the air now as she now smelled the fragrance of a stunningly cooked ramen, her mouth partially watering as she heard a gentleman calling for a double order of it.

It wasn't long until two large bowls of ramen came waltzing in and sitting in front of the wanderer. Plastered on top on the noodles were multiple slices of pork, along with vegetables, boiled egg, and the signature naruto. Just a quick whiff of it and you could tell just how rich and flavorful the broth was. Just staring at it was just making his mouth salivate. Normally, the wanderer carried himself out to be more dapper, but this hunger of his was just too much. He was going to devour this thing like a beast. 

As he went to grabbed his chopsticks, he looked back one more time at the peculiar woman who seemed to have set herself on a table already. In that moment, the wanderer locked eyes with her as she stared back at him. She rubbed her stomach as if she hasn't had anything to eat in days. "Crap... don't tell me I have to feed her... My wallet and mind says no, but my guild says yes.." The wanderer quickly turned back around and began working on his first bowl of ramen. "Perhaps she didn't see me." He thought as he began slurping down the rich broth of the ramen. It was just so enticing, one could do anything, just for a sip. The wanderer slowly closed his eyes as he lost his mind in the flavor.

Kindle winced not really noticing the long stare that he had shot her, her thoughts and eyes were already dreaming over her own bowl as she then collapsed. A rather loud thud accompanying her head impacting with the table, a few minutes later it was followed by a clatter of the chair upon the ground with the woman now laying upon the ground as her balance was terribly situated in her chair. A few people got up and walked over now checking on her as she had apparently fallen asleep completely silent as she just lied there face against the ground a soft whiny fleeting her mouth. Between not having money for an inn room or food Kindle had been running herself rather low as she slept two people now helping her up and looking concerned as they were talking about how odd it was for someone to just fall asleep in a restaurant chair none the less. She then blinked her eyes open and noticed the concerned gazes, "Oh sorry, I must have fallen asleep again. Don't worry about me." Standing up Kindle would now take another stroll forgetting about the thought of food and instead wandered off in search of the main gate to help earn some money. "Need Col to get anywhere so might as well start with that," she yawned now rubbing her eyes as she then walked passed the wanderer.

"Come sit!" the wanderer shouted as the peculiar woman came pass by him. As was chowing down on his bowl of ramen, the woman had passed out. From hunger? The wanderer was't entire sure. But he had an obligation to feed this woman - sadly - as this was something his guild would've wanted. As the wanderer waited to the woman, he waved his fingers in the air to check if his Col allowed it. Sadly - it very much did, and then some. The wanderer waved his hands and order the woman a bowl of the same ramen he has been eating. He saw her eyeing his owl of ramen earlier, so perhaps she's fine with ramen.

Kindle halted mid step as she now heard the man she was passing shouted at her rather loudly to come sit down. Glancing around she looked for someone else he might have been asking for as she was certain it wasn't her. All the other customers were already seated and the pedestrians passing all in a rush with their busy lives as she then walked slowly and sat down opposite of the male. "I suppose I will although I'm not really certain why you would do this for me as I could have just as easily ordered my own meal and pay for it." Talking as if she wasn't some begger needing food when her stomach churned and caused her to wince awkwardly. "Ok, maybe I'm a little hungry." 

She softly spoke before looking down to her lap and sat their in awkward silence as he gobbled up his own meal awaiting her bowl to show up.

As the wanderer began working on his second bowl, the 3rd bowl he had order came sweeping in as fast as his order came. "I saw you eyeing my bowl of ramen and I saw you rubbing your stomach. You're hungry. Eat." He spoke in a somewhat commanding tone. It wasn't like him to speak like that, but he hates it when people try to decline things offered to them for free. It's free, take the opportunity before it's gone. "Besides, You look new to the game." The wanderer kept slirping down his soup in between his words. "You can say, I have an obligation." He kept slurping the noodles some more. The ramen was just too intoxicating to not pay attention to. As he stopped to catch his breath, he continued where he left off. "Aaahhh..... I have an obligation - by my guild - to help those in need." 

Sitting opposite of the noisely slurping man, Kindle began to wonder if he was always so gluttonous thinking this sin of his might cause a fair amount of trouble some day. "I suppose you are right I haven't eaten anything for three days, although I haven't slept in a real bed either but that is because I quite enjoy the outdoor air." The girl's voice was monotone in her fashion of speaking as it also had a partially Russian tweak to it that few normally would recognize. As she heard that he did this not out of her own natural beauty and charm but due to a guild's obligation she raised an eyebrow rather shocked as she only knew of the guilds that were trying to slay the monsters and bosses of each floor to eventually escape. "That's quite thoughtful of you and your guild to be offering your own col and services to those who have less and merely for their benefit, sadly I don't really take charity although from time to time I do just refuse to pay for things." The first change of her face being a smirk.

"Right... well if you don't want that bowl of ramen you can make that four days without food." Remarked the wanderer without a second thought. Being around this woman was slowly starting to remind the wanderer of another particular woman he's met here in Aincrad. She thought the same and acted the same. The only thing they differentiate was how they looked and their accents. One spoke with a somewhat light Japanese accent while the other, a foreign. The wanderer was fairly certain it was European. He might've come across it in his time living in Germany. As the wanderer finishes the last drop of his bowl, he begins to clean up himself. That shows made him out of be a glutinous beast, which, the wanderer is far from. Just... the smell of the intoxicating ramen made his body act like that.

Kindle smiled now smelt the Ramen planted in front of her as she wore quite brief smile trying to hide her thanks for the meal as picked it up and slurps the ramen noodles. As she slurped up the soups she then stopped and glanced back toward the beast as she felt partially obligated to thank the man. "Umm thank you for this meal, sir?" Asking a question to figure out what his identity may be as she knew some people would forget to use a real name or user name as the case may be as she was always quite curious in learning everything she could about another player. Peeking over inside she thought it was rather humorous the way he gorged upon the ramen but now she merely sat their across pouring the bowl slowly into her mouth to drink all the broth.

The wanderer leaned back on his chair. He had eaten too much, his stomach felt like it was about to burst in any moment. As he leaned back, he held his stomach as if it was going to fall off. But that wasn't the case at all. There were no physical evidence that his stomach was going to burst. In this game, his stomach stayed the same. As he looked over to the woman, it seems as thought she had begun chowing down on her food. "Finally." Soon after, she spoke up and gave him a quick thanks. "Rain." He says in a short quick reply. He had nothing else to say. So he just kept it simple. He was just going to silent as she ate her meal.

She further leaned in now slurping up more and more as she groaned happily devouring her ramen before wiping her face clean of excess broth. She stood up and bowed respectfully returning back to her rather solemn self as she appreciated his hospitality. "Thank you so much Sir Rain," as she rose to her feat she turned about and began to walk away her eyes closing as she began to remember a particular song in her mind humming as she walked away and then stopped, "Oh yes, what is your guild again if you are willing to part with such information?" Curious still as she was contemplating if she could gather a small group to help her rise through the ranks in Sword Art Online as she planned on one days being a formidable duelest.

The wanderer sat back and relaxed for a bit. His eyes looked off into the distance. He wasn't sure if he should tell her exactly. He's been dropping his guild name a lot recently and there were it's ups and it's down. He figure maybe this time, he should just keep it a secret. "Oh.. It's a small guild," he says as he raises his hand to gesture the waiter to come by as so he can pay the bill. With a quick swipe of his fingers, he quickly made short of the exchange and sat up. "So..." He wasn't entire sure what to do know, he only came here to the 1st floor just for the ramen, maybe he should keep watch over this new player. "What now?" He says, so blunt and vague. It's like he's expecting her to pay him back in some way. Which he doesn't really care for, he just hates being stagnant and not doing anything.

The woman kept wandering forward obviously not paying all that much attention any more to her surroundings as her thoughts had already traveled far beyond her current location. Here he was not even dropping a name or ranking for the guild, she supposed that couldn't be helped as some players just liked having their own group. Some also made rather embarrassing names as well as she contemplated possible options for the name that he might not wanted to explain. A simple alliteration could have also quenched this curiosity, but then she stopped in her tracks and looked back realizing she had been leaving him in the dust when he seemed to want to still talk with her. "Pardon me, I didn't realize that you were still interested was there something that you wanted from me after that meal?" With the methods she reacted one almost would feel like this girl was just a glitchy NPC strolling around the town oppose to another human character, that was till they noted the rather obvious cursor and user name floating above her.

The wanderer raised his an eye brow. "Right... whoever you are..." He says as she's never given her name not once. In his country, that's pretty disrespectful, but this game is somewhat international. So, it's somewhat forgivable. The wanderer looked away as if embarrassed. "You look new... how about I help you out a bit till you get your bearings." His azure eyes looked off into the distance as to show that he doesn't care, but his face grew somewhat reddish as the woman appeal was slowly growing on him. He had raised his arms up to scratch the back of his head as if disinterested.

Hearing the rather pained tone in his voice as she still managed to elude the use of her own name as payment to the male she shrugged, "I'm merely one of many kindling flames within this crazy messed up game. Flickering in the night till something finally puts me out for good I suppose." The fashion which that was spoken sounding almost like a suicide letter as she kept walking forward and quite possibly would be as she wasn't strong enough to fight any of the boars with the equipment she had thus far. "Oh yes, do you know of any weapon smiths of the like who are able to a girl out, although I must admit I just really want some gauntlets I think for fighting I'm rather old fashioned?" Implying that she was about to open up a physical beating upon some monsters with nothing but her bear-fists as she hadn't even known about the martial arts skill that one needed to earn to be effective..

"Huh..." The wanderer gave her words some thought. As she is to a kindle of flame, the wanderer is to raindrop of water. She had only thought of herself as flame that would eventually go out. The wanderer, however was the opposite. He thought of himself as drop of rain in the vast oceans causing ripples that would eventually become waves. He knew a bunch of blacksmiths, but he didn't know one who would do it without some intensive. He does, however have a spare set of gloves that she could use until she gets her own pair. But the wanderer just met this person. He doesn't completely trust her yet. "Well, first, what kind of fighting style are you going for?" He says. He didn't want to conclude that she's going to be a martial artist, but the wanderer had his thoughts.

Standing before him she furrowed her brow before then thinking about fighting styles, once her father told her to take up mixed martial arts training while she grew up. He thought that his little angel would need to know how to defend herself if she ever wound up alone in the big bad world. Due to her constant rebellious attitude and running away it did come in hand quite often. She then walked straight up to him and thought as she suddenly punched him with all her force in the stomach to signify what she was going to end up doing. "That is my fighting style," she calmly stated wondering how much the lad would recoil now yawning and looking around the area as she was thinking of getting a tailor to specially make her boxing gloves as she did enjoy that sport.

As the woman stepped up to him, the wanderer grew more guarded. Just what could she be doing so close to him. Then it all made sense in that moment. In that one motion, the woman tried punching the wanderer straight in the stomach. What she didn't notice is the wanderer had his guard up and stopped her fist as she punched him. The wanderer made it look good though. He bent over as if in pain with face looking down. After a few seconds, he stood back up and faced her. His hands still on his stomach as if it's still in pain. "Right... martial arts. Let's get you that skill unlocked then." With a quick swipe of his fingers, he quickly sent her a friend and party request before showing her the quest location. "Ah, so you're Kindle..." she still hasn't said her name. He had to find out this way.