[PP:F1] Open Season <Secret Medicine of the Forest>

The white haired girl had left the safety of the safe zone yet again. She had found yet another thing to interest her and it was a village about half a mile away. She didn’t hesitate her feet moving as fast as they would normally she opened up her menu as she went. Selecting the three people closest to her she sent a message to all of them. “Vyrtew, Aya, Teayre. There’s a quest on the first floor. Anyone want to do it? I know Teayre’s carrying us a bit. However better safe than sorry.” Hitting send she finishes making her way to the village. Looking around it all the girl can see around her are NPCs coughing.

Stretching out in his bed Vyrtew rolls over, his eyes glossing over a lump in the other bed that was in the room. Blinking a few times he spots that the shape wasn’t moving, jumping up he walks over to it eyes roaming over it. “For crying out loud Syn.” He mutters just as a pinging sounds begins to echo around him. Opening the message he reads it a small smile coming to his lips. Hitting reply he sends his message. “Okay Sis, I’m on my way.” Heading out of the Hogsback, the boy’s shirt flapped around him as he headed out of the safe zone to the village his sister was at.

Her hand running over the covered sheathe of the Muramasa. Teayre has found herself once again on the first floor. The message she had received was within the conditions she had set out for Syn and Vyrtew. Her fingers drummed on the hilt as her hand reached the end of the blade. “I can’t take much of a risk. I need to show people. We need to show people we’re not to be messed with.” Her eyes fell to the muramasa her heart tightening. “Battojutsu, it allows me to aoe at will more or less. Seems a bit pathetic really, compared to what it used to be. That’s the rules Kayaba Akihiko put in so I’ll have to follow them. We’ll wait and see though.”

Muramasa Equipped

Finding Stone Equipped

Slither of Silver Equipped

Edited by Teayre

Aya was sat on the floor of her room in the Dragon’s Head Inn she her book was open in front of her, the cauldron and materials were scattered all over the floor she was writing down as much of what Rachel had told her as possible. Notes upon notes scrawled in purple ink lay upon the pages She knew at some point she was going to have to purchase a pestle and mortar she thought as a pinging sound made her jump out of her daydreaming and opening the message. “Vyrtew, Aya, Teayre. There’s a quest on the first floor. Anyone want to do it? I know Teayre’s carrying us a bit. However better safe than sorry.” Aya paused, smiled, making a selection on her menu bar everything disappeared from around her in an instant. She stood, got dressed and plated her hair into her trademark double braids her long purple hair, tamed for now, snaked around her body as she walked out into the corridor. Giggling to herself as she realised she was off without direction and she hadn’t replied to Syn. Selecting the message in her menu and hitting reply “Yeah that sounds like something I’d be up for, where shall I meet up with you?”

Syn looked and saw a couple of replies come in, the pinging echoing as she opened them. Her eyes flicked through them, sending a reply with her locationg Syn dismissed her menu as a cry comes from her right. “Help us. Please help us.” A man said as he clawed at the ground pulling himself towards the girl, “There’s a medicine that can only be found a short way from here… You can have my blade if you get it for us. P-please save this village.” Kneeling down the girl gently ran her hand over the man’s face. “It’s okay I’ll get it for you.” Even as the girl spoke another message appeared on her screen. <Would you like to start the quest <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>?> Pressing the circle to accept the quest Syn looks up waiting for Vyrtew and Aya.

Vyrtew had just reached the small village when another ping popped up on his menu. Seeing it as the quest he accepts it, his jaw dropping as he looks around the village. Wandering in he spots Syn just turning away from a villager who was collapsed on the floor. “Jesus. Syn. What did you do?” He asks running over to her. Looking down at the man and back up to her the boy’s hand reaches to his dagger as a loud bang came from behind him. Spinning his eyes squint as he spots one of the buildings being set alight. “What the hell?!” He yells.

Another ping, Syn had replied with her location. Aya walked down the stairs out of the door to the inn into the ally way. Checking her bearings she made her way in the direction of where she believed she should be heading.

Walking along the dusty path to the small village she saw Vyrtew ahead of her in the distance. He was entering the village. Another ping <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>?> Aya hadn't done this before, hesitantly she pressed the circle to accept the quest.

Quickening her pace to a sprint she entered the village. Suddenly, in front of her a loud bang. Aya Grabbed the hilt of her longsword peering through the smoke of the buildings which had been set alight, the haze for a second broke and through it she could just make out the shapes of Syn and Vyrtew. Vyrtew was stood over Syn someone else seemed to be lying on the floor “What’s happened? What’s going on?” Vyrtew was looking in Aya's direction. "Syn, Vyrtew I'm coming" She yelled, Wrapping her hair around her mouth for some protection and holding her left arm across her face, her right hand still grasping the long sword, she ran forward through the smoke and flame.

Her eyes squinted as the red head slowly wandered over to the village where one of the main quests on the first floor take place. “Secret Medicine of the Forest.” she quietly muses, her mind flashing back to the pool that her, Calrex and Oikawa had a swim in before the nepents swarmed them. Arriving at the village she lets out a sigh as she wanders up to the white haired pair and places a hand on both their shoulders. “So who set the building on fire?” she asks her voice quiet almost snake like. Eyes darting to each of the players in turn. “We’ll get this done together.”

Syn span round her eyes looking directly into Teayre’s, “So who set the building on fire?” She spat at the orange player, narrowing her eyes her fists clenching. “They’re dying and you make jokes like that?” The girl stood up straight as she shrugged the hand on her shoulder off. “You should be ashamed.” Turning in a huff she stalked away following the path that lead into the forest. As she entered the woods the girl began to tread through branches without much care or thought. “Normally I’d be up for someone boosting me… I like it makes things easier, but with that attitude?”

Vyrtew looked at his sister and then slowly turned to look at the red head. “T-” he began but was cut off by Syn’s venom laced words. Letting out a disheartened sigh the boy looks towards Teayre. “I’m sorry, I’ll go sort her out Teayre.” He was about to step forwards when he stopped looking at the girl. “I do have to ask though, why do you push her so far? Why do you make her suffer!” The boy’s voice began to raise even as he spoke. “I want you to know that one day, one day we’ll get back at you for all of this.” Storming off Vyrtew went to his sister’s side gently placing a hand on her shoulder.

The red head rolled her eyes at Syn as she started to lay into her. Just shrugging she turned to Vyrtew as he spoke, “Push her? They’re npcs, they’ll respawn just like they did when I completed the quest a couple of years back.” As the duo headed off into the forest the girl watched them before turning to Aya. “So what do you think? Do the npcs have feelings in this game? Does it matter if they die?” Her hand was gently resting around the Muramasa at this point. “I wonder… It’ll be interesting to see her response.” “Come on girl, we don’t have all day.” Teayre snaps.

Aya blinked she was desperately trying to make sense of the situation in front of her, trying to understand what had just happened. “So what do you think? Do the npcs have feelings in this game? Does it matter if they die?” Asked Teayre. Aya had wrestled with this many times, NPC’s had made up the majority of her interaction in her downtime, She had heard the same debate many times in the Dragon head Inn.  “Come on girl, we don’t have all day.” Aya was broken from her headspace. “I’m not sure,” She said quickly, desperately thinking what to say next. “I guess so, I've never asked one, Have you ?” She turned the question back to Teayre but then quickly added “Actually, I wondered if there are different types those used for quests and those who interact with players on a daily basis, I don’t know if it’s just me but they seem to have feelings. “SHUT UP!” Screamed Aya’s internal monologue.

Edited by Aya

The crimson maiden gave a low chuckle, “You’re exactly right. They -seem- to have feelings.” Pausing for a moment she starts to walk in the direction that the twins had headed off in. Without looking to see if Aya was following she continued, “I used to have a familiar, he had a personality all of his own. Yet at the end of the day they are just ones and zeros.” Her fingers gently twirling around the tip of the Muramasa’s hilt. “Right then.” she sighs before looking up ahead spotting four nepents closing around the twins. “If you’ll excuse me.” Even as she finished her sentence the red haired girl had already shot forwards her blade slashing out of it’s sheathe and then back into it. The nepents bursting into crystals around her.

ID: 64181 BD: 9 (Nat - AOE Activated) CD: 5 LD: 20 (18 + 2 LD) MD: 7
Teayre: 189/189 EN: 44/46 Tsumuji Guruma Used (2 Energy) (15+4+1)*1 = 20 DMG

Nepent: 0/7 x4

4/8 Nepents slain Edited by Teayre

“Why?!” Syn screamed, “She’s so… Uncaring!” Her voice broke slightly at the end of the word as she turned around her first clenched as she felt a hand on her shoulder. “What?!” Her coat still swaying from side to side as she stood, her whole body quivering. “What is it Vyrtew?!” Her eyes were narrowed as she glared at her brother. Her voice going quiet for a moment, “If I see her again I’ll kill her. NPCs have feelings just like the rest of us.” Even as she spoke a flash of light surrounded her. Turning her head rapidly the girl spots Teayre and falling Crystals all around them. Her mouth dropped for a moment, “What?..”

The fist came towards Vyrtew, he ducked to the right narrowly avoiding it as his sister began to glare at him. Letting out a small sigh he wrapped his arms around her. Gently pressing his head into her hair. “Syn, it’s okay lil’ sis.” Pushing her back for a moment watching the girl’s eyes narrow for a moment as she spoke. Raising a finger the boy pushes it against her lips. “Quiet, not yet, we will get her later.” He replies as quietly as she had done even as a flash of light shone around them. Sucking in a breath the boy jumps back for a moment turning to see the red head. “Why? Even after I threatened to kill you.” His voice was hard, unforgiving.

"Woah I wish I had a familiar" Aya thought noticing that Teayre was twirling her finger around the hilt of her sword. Aya readied herself gripping the longsword in anticipation “Right then.” Teayre sighed “If you’ll excuse me.”Aya blinked, the nepents burst into crystals around Teayre. Aya's mouth was open in awe, Shock "How does she do it?" Aya pondered confused. Aya hadn't seen Teayre move, she hadn't seen the sword move.

Vyrtew spoke  “Why? Even after I threatened to kill you.” He spoke in a hard, unforgiving tone. Aya was scared she didn’t like confrontation like this especially when she felt like she was in the middle. She secretly wanted to be back in bed, she was scare, and she hadn’t been scared for a long time.

Without hesitating the girl moves forward, her red hair flashing behind her as she strikes out at four more nepents. As the mobs burst into crystals Teayre turned back to the pair of white heads. Her eyes flicking to Aya as she backed up away from the group. “Aya, stay with Syn and Vyrtew otherwise you’ll be a liability. I’m not keeping track of all of you in more than one place.” Pressing her head into her hand for a moment the crimson maiden looked at the boy. “You threatened to kill me, if you manage it you can take Muramasa from my cold dead hands. Good on you. Until then you’ll provide me with potions and I’ll protect you as much as possible. Got it?” Rolling her shoulders back she points to another nepent, it was different from the rest. “You three try taking that down. I’ll get involved if you can’t kill it with one hit each.”

ID: 64182 BD: 9 (Batto Activated) CD: 6 LD: 15 (13 + 2 LD) MD: 3
Teayre: 189/189 EN: 42/46 Tsumuji Guruma Used (2 Energy) (15+4+1)*1 = 20 DMG

Nepent: 0/7 x4

8/8 Nepents Slain

Nepent Variant Spawned

Edited by Teayre

Syn’s mouth dropped and opened a couple of times as she watched the tentacles flail around from the nepent. “You want us to take that down?” Slowly she walked backwards until she pressed against a tree. “That’s not going to happen.” Her breathing quickened. “I’m not a fighter, I just like finding things.” Shaking her head she watched as the beast towered above her and slowly moved towards the group, “I can’t do this. I’ll get food made, I’ll heal but I’m not a fighter.” Pausing for a moment the white haired girl thought to herself, “I don’t even have a weapon there’s not a chance I’ll be able to do anything. Think what could you do.” Her eyes looked down at her leather clad fist. Running forwards the girl swings her hand at the Nepent.

ID: 64183 BD: 9 (+1 DMG) CD: 8 LD: 21 (16 + 5 LD) MD: 3

Syn: 36/36 EN: 8/9

Nepent Variant: 14/15 (1 Base + 1 Crit - 5 MIT) = 1 DMG

Edited by Syn

Watching his sister act in a way he hadn’t seen before cause Vyrtew to grit his teeth together. “Teayre.” he growled his hand reaching for his dagger. The red head’s words echoed in the back of his mind for a moment. “She’s accepted my challenge. Now’s not the time, I’d barely scratch her at the moment.” Swallowing he looked her in the eyes, “Sorry.” Drawing the dagger at his belt he crouches low for a moment before letting his sword art take affect. Shooting forwards the blade guides him. “Come on hit this thing, let’s take it down.” He missed.

ID: 64184 BD: 5 (4 + 1 ACC) CD: 1 LD: 13 MD: 9

Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 7/9

Nepent Variant: 14/15

Edited by Vyrtew

“Aya, stay with Syn and Vyrtew otherwise you’ll be a liability. I’m not keeping track of all of you in more than one place.”

Aya couldn't speak all she could do was move towards Syn and Vyrtew her hand gripping the hilt of the longsword reading herself. Teayre's words stung slightly but she had no time for that now. “You threatened to kill me, if you manage it you can take Muramasa from my cold dead hands. Good on you. Until then you’ll provide me with potions and I’ll protect you as much as possible. Got it?” Tearye Spoke at Vyrtew, Aya became less panicked about the situation between the tree and focused on the situation at hand. Aya spotted Nepent unlike the others, this was different. Teayre directed them “You three try taking that down I’ll get involved if you can’t kill it with one hit each.” Aya's eyes widened, she could hear her heart beat in her ears. "What" Aya's internal monologue was in shock “You want us to take that down?” Syn echoed Aya's internal thoughts. Syn backed against a tree Aya stepped back to protect her, Syn didn't appear to have any weaponry. The Nepent was above them now Syn was talking to herself, Aya was concentrating suddenly Syn was running forwards swinging her hand at the Nepent. “Teayre.” Vyrtew growled in front of Aya as he reached for his dagger, crouched down and then moving forwards towards the Nepent   “Come on hit this thing, let’s take it down.”

Aya pulled the long sword from its sheath and springing forwards towards the beast, slashing into it , how many times, she didn't know.

ID:64186 BD:9 [+1 Damage] CD:12 LD:10 MD:6

Vyrtew: 36/36 EN: 7/9  
Aya: 12/12 EN: 1/3 - Snake Bite (2 Energy Used) (2+1)*2 = 6 DMG

Nepent Variant: 13/15(6 DMG - 5 MIT) = 1 DMG

Edited by Aya