[PP-F2] Investigating the Darkness in the Woods (Meo ark part 1) <Meokka x Jomei>

Guest Meokka

Guest Meokka

"Oikawa killed Zel?" She stared at him. She felt like she hit a brick wall. She always looked up to the other blacksmith. At least he cried while doing it, so maybe he was forced into the situation? Still, what could possibly force his hand to do that, and then he mentioned Opal. A woman. Her heart tore hearing the armor she made for him failed completely. "The armor I made didn't help him at all?" She covered her mouth with her hands. Seeing Jomei struggle with his words, and hearing it was flat out, murder. Tears ran down her eyes and even though she wanted to scream she couldn't find the air to do so. Her vision became tunneled as she felt herself go into a sort of shock. "Murders...Are just waiting for....Front liners to....Show up..." she squeaked. "But why would they do that?  We're suppose to work together to get out of this hell hole! What the hell are they thinking?!" She screamed and buried her face in her hands crying. She hated them. She always feared PKers. Always warned Ssen, and it didn't matter. They were never safe. "She....went after a stronger player. Stopping us from getting out of here. Bosses are hard enough to deal with. but this....There almost isn't a point to get stronger if this continues. It's not fair!" She screamed finally getting angry over it with tears running down her face. "They shouldn't have died!" Meokka seethed through her teeth. The idea of confronting at least Oikawa crossed her mind. Maybe even leveling to combat Opal, but if someone like Ssen failed to beat her....Meokka screamed again, hating how weak she was. "I have to see this woman's face." She looked up at Jomei. "When we get out of this game......If she's alive.....I'll put her away to deal with real murderers." she said darkly. The idea of putting her behind bars and with dangerous people who would likely abuse her more for killing in a video game, and finding it lame seemed a far better punishment than a death with no suffering from SAO. Meokka was a bundle of nerves. Extremely distraught, and filled with righteous anger. She balled up her fists and felt like she was was going to explode. She quickly hugged onto Jomei and buried her head in his chest sobbing. She didn't want him to see her, but she knew better than to run away. It was all messed up to her. It didn't totally make sense either. She just wanted to wake up from this god forsaken nightmare.

Jomei could see a mix of emotions in Meokka's face as she struggled to cope with what Jomei was revealing to her. "N-No, it was not that your armor didn't help... I've seen Dom take hits from the highest leveled monsters, even bosses, without flinching... Opal's attack was cowardly, and from his blindspot. Thanks to this game's system.. Theres no chance of missing.." Meokka cried, screamed, and even vowed revenge. Jomei looked at her sternly, trying to keep his own tears from falling from his eyes, "Take my word for it.. You do not want to confront her, especially after knowing this.. I myself.. Went out to confront her. I...I was going to kill her. Take the orange curse mark and live with it..just to get revenge for Dom..." The man clenched his fists and grit his teeth. "...but I was not going to stoop to her level.... And that only made me hate her even more, trying to get information out of her. She will get in your head, if not murder you." Meokka then fell into Jomei's chest and latched onto him, crying into his armor. Jomei placed a hand on her back and held onto her."Im sorry..."

Guest Meokka

She cried till her eyes no longer allowed her to. She felt so many different emotions. From a righteous rage to a unrelenting sorrow.  Was it worth trying to find whatever was causing this stupid fog right now? She couldn't decide. She wanted to go visit the monument, and see the name herself. She had been too afraid to look to it, but now she knew what to expect, and knew the answers.  She thought maybe continuing this distraction would help her get it off her shoulders, but she wasn't sure if that idea was true. A distraction was nice, but at the same time she wasn't sure if right now was appropriate for it. "I- I don't know what to do." She didn't know what she wanted. Though his fingers twitched as she held Jomei's armor. "I'll make you something, anything. I'll need things to do. Anything." she'd need to busy herself. With orders, with quests, anything to stay sane. She slowly let the ginger go and tried to stop herself from shaking. She used her arm to dry her eyes. "I'm sorry...I'm....I don't know what to do....I want to visit him....But I need to be busy so many....Looking into this area, if it's not too dangers.....What should we?" She didn't want her desire for distractions put them into danger. The place already had high enough mobs at it was, and Meokka knew she wasn't in any position to make sound decisions.

Jomei frowned at Meokka. He felt terrible and could only imagine how she was feeling. He also felt a storm of guilt engulf his body, causing his stomach to churn and make him feel sick. Could he have done more to save Dom? Should he have killed Opal in the desert when he had the chance? And his decision to tell Meokka all of this while they were in this situation.. one they were not even sure of themselves. Should they make their way back, get out of the fog and let Meokka see the name on the monument for herself.. and let her find her way to cope that way? Or should they continue on, hopefully distract her from the thought. Though, if Jomei knew anything about death, distractions did not last for long. Only a temporary veil to hide the pain. He decided to make the decision to stay and find thie statue, hopefully stopping these shadow monsters from terrorizing players in the forest anymore. The ginger took in a deep breath through his nostrils before looking down at Meokka, "Let's keep going. Do you really think Dom would want us to give up on an adventure like this just to cry about him?" he forced a smirk, trying to get the girl to feel better, "Besides.. if we find whatever is causing these creatures to spawn and stop it, we could save a lot more players lives... Now, are you going to let me go and have all the fun? Or are you gonna come with me and kick some ass?"

Guest Meokka

She thought about it. What was the point, she'd only be sad and cry again later. What's the point of being happy now. A small voice spoke in her mind. Because you'll cry again later. Be happy while you can. She looked at him considering it but was hesitant. Her eyes went wide when he brought up the point about other player! It was like she came out of a fog, and had a look of determination. A new wave a light ran through her. She'd be damned if she'd just go cry someplace while she could be useful here and now. She nodded to Jomei with her fists clenched ready for a fight. He was right Dom wouldn't want her to cry like a baby when she was helping save people. She'd be useful. "I want to protect them. I don't want lower level players to meet nightmares here. Lets find the statue." she exclaimed.  With that she seemed to visibly relax as she pressed on. Hearing a strange rattling noise as the forest began to get denser around them.

Meokka's sudden determination felt Jomei feel a bit better himself. Wouldn't have been the first time he was able to lighten the mood like this when it came to a death. The ginger crossed his arms and stood just as determined as Meokka looked, "We can mourn Dom when we are done here, for now lets find that statue and get out of this fog.. its starting to give me the creeps." Knowing that she was now on board to continue with their mission, Jomei head off deeper into the forest, which just seemed to become less and less like a forest and more like they were just walking through a dark cloud. Jomei could barely even see the trees  around them, which he only knew existed by looking at the base of the tree on the ground. Jomei walked slowly, scanning his surroundings for anything that looked out of the ordinary.. though seeing anything in this mist seemed impossible. That was when he heard the sound of something rustling off in the distance. Quickly, he turned to face where he thought the sound had come from and stood silently, waiting to hear for it again. Nothing. "I don't like the sound of that.... but something in my gut tells me thats the way we should be heading. Is that alright with you?"

Guest Meokka

It sounded like a rain stick after awhile. The noise came from all around them now. Meokka was on high alert. "Yeah, it's our only lead I guess. As they walked further there was a change in BGM music which caused Meokka to stop. Very rarely had she heard a change in music. It was the sound of strings being played. Likely a violin, but Meokka wasn't too sure. It was a serene melody. "That's nice. I like it." It was then Meokka saw a very large fountain that held the bust of a woman with long hair. Meokka moved closer to it cautiously. "The goddess of forlorn aspirations. When the residents of Aincrad turned into lost sheep for the slaughter the gods of Aincrad sent their Valkyrie of Despair down in a crystal star. She would eradicate those who were lost forever, and only those of strong will shall see true salvation." Meokka had read the inscription aloud. She looked to Jomei wondering what he thought of this. 

Jomei had heard it too, the change in the music. Being frequent to all of the floors, he managed to just drown out the noise, getting so used to it all. Better to do that than go insane from hearing the same music every single day. But this was different. He had never heard this song before. And for the terrifying, mysterious situation they were in, it was quite relaxing. He turned to look at Meokka as she commented on the music, but he noticed that her vision was focused on something just off in the distance. The man turned his own attention to what had caught hers, and he noticed a large fountain with some sort of statue in the middle of it. Could it be the statue they were looking for? Jomei slowly followed after the blue haired woman, the music seemingly getting a bit louder, as if coming from the fountain itself. He could also now hear the gentle sound of water moving in the basin of the fountain. Jomei's eyes fixed on the statue of the beautiful woman with long hair, wondering just who she was. That was when Meokka spoke up, explaining just who it was and the story behind her. "Hm.. I would not have thought that at all.. Such a peaceful fountain, and the woman looking as beautiful as she does.." he thought about what he said for a moment before chuckling, realizing that beauty does not always mean peace, "Actually.. I take that back.. Well, I would suppose this is the statue we were looking for. A monument of this Valkyrie of Despair, surrounded by creatures of the shadow who are much stronger that anything else in the area." He looked back up to the statue, "Creatures meant to annihilate anyone who became lost in this forest.." He thought about his many friends who had gone missing, and those that died as well. "Do you think that.. this goddess has effected the other floors as well? And could be responsible for all of those we know who went missing to.. go missing for good?" 

Guest Meokka

Meokka looked to him. "Maybe, and the fog seems to be coming from this fountain." She explained. There was a hissing sound and she moved closer to Jormei with her spear at the ready. Then the rattling sound was gone. "Very good quessstion indeed warrior. Oh how'd I'd relish in sssqueezing your corpssse." said a seductive voice with multiple pitches. It almost sounded like three people speaking but it was but one person. There was a lustful giggle and it felt like eyes were piercing right through them. "I'll anssswer your quesssstionsss. Of coursssse there are valkyriessss on every floor. Tick tock my dearsssss, you've been in thissss game far too long. Did you think it'd let you just live out your dayssss here? The weak will parish for desssstroying our GODDESS happinesss!"  Meokka looked all around them and then saw it. The trees were all swaying, and between them a long green leather like object. Her ears perked up hearing the water move behind her. A green snake wrapped itself around the bust of the woman and merged with it. The bust came to life as the head of the snake. "Thissss will be fun." She laughed.

Valkyrie of Despair

65716  BD3
HP: 64 
mit: 16
Energy 16/16 
dmg: 6

65716  MD3
 Valkyrie of Despair
100hp
 30mit
 20dmg

Edited by Meokka

The Irishman felt a shiver down his spine when he heard the mysterious voice remark about his conjecture, even going as far as to say it wanted to murder him. As he reached his right arm across his body to grab the handle of his rapier, he spun to scan his surroundings, searching for who.. or what.. the voice was coming from. "Can you see it?" Jomei whispered to Meokka as his head continued to jolt back and forth, shooting towards the trees and grass that rustled from its movement. Jomei ignored its threats and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. He needed to keep his cool if they were to survive this. Opening his eyes once more, a silhouette began to emerge from the fog, a long slender serpent. Slowly, it made its way into the fountain and curled around its base, before somehow merging with the bust. It had now become the living embodiment of the Valkyrie.. though he was not expecting the lower half of her body to be a snake's. Jomei's lips curved into a smirk as the sound of his rapier being ripped from its scabbard echoed amongst the trees. 

Without any words, the man ran forward at the Goddess, who looked down at the two players as if they were mere ants, just waiting to be stepped on. He charged towards the base of the fountain before stepping up onto the stone basin. The Valkyrie showed no change in emotion as the one she thought was insignificant made an approach on her. Jomei leapt from the stone basin to the tail of the snake, and into the air in front of the Valkyrie. Jomei looked into its piercing golden eyes with a look of determination, a look that said this would not be where he lost. It was then that the Goddess' expression changed and showed fear. "Hyaa!" Jomei's gold shining blade cut straight through the abdomen of his enemy, leaving a deep red gash. He continued with another barrage of attacks; slashing at her body, stabbing at vital points, just for it all to end with one final pierce straight through the center of her chest. Jomei looked into the Valkyrie's eyes as his blade penetrated her chest and went out the other end, and soon she vanished into white crystals. "I plan to stay around a bit longer. So keep 'em coming." He said to the monster as she slowly disappeared. 

The pedestal that once housed the bust was now empty, leaving Jomei standing there alone. In his hand, he held a small golden bracelet that resembled a serpent. Tapping the air above the item, he brought up its stats. He noticed that the item, when wearing it, would increase the amount of Col one would get from killing monsters. Reminded him a lot of Dom and his array of prosperous items. Jomei turned back towards the blunette and hopped off of the fountain and walked up to her, "Here. I got this for killing the Valkyrie. I have no need for it. Its said to help you earn more money.. Much like Dom was doing with all the items he had." he chuckled, "Maybe a small token to remember him by."

ID 65718
BD 9(+4) Small Crit
Over Radiation: 13(+1 Ferocity +1 Crit) x 14 = 210 dmg

Valkyrie of Despair
0hp
30mit

LD: 20 (Uncommon Item)

Charm of the Valkyrie (1 Prosperity)
A gold bracelet that looks like a serpent biting its own tail. It is said that the one who wears this will have more luck in finding wealth in battle. 

Guest Meokka

Meokka stared at the display of raw power impressed. She then looked to the now broken bust on the ground that held the boss item intended for Jomei. She walked right past it and to the fountain. The water was slowly rising up and the mist began to clear. The area was free of the monster summoning Lamia. "So the water from the fountain was making the mist and attracting the stronger monsters, or even summoning them." she looked to Jomei who was presenting a gift to her. She placed her hand over her pendant. "I already have something to remember him by." She gave him a small smile. She moved her hand away from the pendant she wore that had often saved her life. She opened up her trade box and accepted the token. "But this, I'll remember because of our adventure." She smiled at him. She could only move forwards. Life wouldn't stop for her and she knew she'd have to get stronger to protect the weak. Especially now if there were strong enemies like this lurking around on lower floors. "Jomei, what if there is a strong dungeon on floor one. I know it sounds far fetched, but after seeing this. The game doesn't play by the rules we thought it had. We expect certain mobs on certain floors. What if....What if the safest level is the most dangerous? I'll have to look into that too. Either way this mystery is solved, or at least partly solved. I'll look into this Goddess and her Valkyries. Usually there's a lore written someplace. Once I find that I'm sure we can hunt the rest of them down if you'd like to. Should I keep you posted on my findings?" She was a little excited about researching everything.

With the Valkyrie defeated, the mist around them began to lift, returning the forest to the light mist it was originally known for on the outside. Jomei let out a sigh of relief as he looked around, now able to see his surroundings and not have to worry about what was lurking just a couple feet in front of him. Meokka did not seem to notice Jomei holding out the wristlet at first in offering, but noticed soon after and accepted it, not as a token to remember Dom, but to remember this adventure as her comeback. Jomei smiled back at her as she took it. He personally had no interest in making money, thus having no need for it. The Irishman took his hands back and looked down at his palms before curling his fingers into fists with a smirk. It felt good to be back in the field and not lounging around for the remainder of his days here. He chuckled when Meokka asked if she should inform him whenever she found out about other Valkyries, "Heh, I would be offended if you didn't" he turned to look at her with a grin. 

Guest Meokka

She nodded to him in agreement. It was nice to have someone like Jomei to count on. "I never thought that something like that would even be on this floor." She looked up through the trees. With the mist gone she could now see everything around them. "This is a dead end though. I'm use to finding a book or something to tell me where the next area is, but perhaps the library will hold more answers." She stretched and placed her hands behind her back. "I'm sure I can head back safetly from here now. Thank you Jomei." She went at ease and bowed to him. "Don't forget to stop by my shop whenever you need something. I'll need to get use to forging again. It'd be nice if you helped out. First order for returning will be on me okay." She winked at him happily. She looked at her own spear and armor. "With all my sword art skills I won't need this to paralyze anymore." she turned in this way and that way through her fingers. "It's time to be reborn I think." she said seeing the wear of her spear. She walked along side of Jomei. "Do you have an active shop?" she asked curiously. 

The ginger crossed his arms for a moment before rubbing the back of his head, thinking about what approach the two should take to solve this dilemma. "Well.. before you were merely going off of Floor Two, a fountain, and creatures of darkness.. But now that we have more information about the Goddess of Despair and her Valkyries, it should be narrow down our searches a bit." He smirked confidently and nodded his head, "I'll be sure to keep my ears open to hear any more of this, and I'll be sure to take a look in some of the archives on the higher floors.. wherever the hell those might be." he chuckled. She offered her forging services to Jomei in return for helping her with the Valkyrie, free of charge. Jomei looked down at his own wears, "Well.. at the moment I do not think I am in need of anything.. being a Light Armor user and all, which is the job of a tailor." he tapped his hand on the pommel of his rapier, the sound of it jangling in its scabbard as he did so, "And there aren't many rapiers that are stronger than mine.. at least not until we can start using Tier 3 equipment.. But if anything comes up, I will surely come to you." As the two began to walk back, she questioned Jomei about his own shop. "Well.. yes and no." he chuckled, "My music hall is currently on Floor Two.. but I have not been there in ages.. I've been meaning to pack everything up and set up shop inside of my house on Floor Sixteen. Though.. I do not do as much crafting as everyone else does, for no one really seeks out Performers for their debuffs. I prefer to use my music more for entertainment than in battles. " 

Guest Meokka

She stared at him. "Actually I do need some prerecorded songs. When you move send me a message okay." She walked along side of him. He had a point. Higher level floors might have more knowledge on the monsters. "The libraries where there are cities might have more intel that we need. Though don't work yourself too hard okay." As they exited the forest. They got to the gate that would take them back to the town. She looked back at Jomei and smiled. "You stay frosty okay Jomei-kun. It was wonderful seeing you again." She bowed. "And thank you for the truth. I'll do my best to become stronger. One day I hope to become as strong as you. So don't sleep too much, unless you want me to pass you." she winked at him.

With that Meokka turned and rushed through the gates. She'd have to write about this in her favorite spot in town. By the fountain. Luckily in the menu screen was a spot for her to do so. Things were looking down, but now she had a mission. To get stronger, and find a way to revive Ssen. It may be naive but she had to try something.

Meokka
Charm of the Valkyrie (1 Prosperity)

A gold bracelet that looks like a serpent biting its own tail. It is said that the one who wears this will have more luck in finding wealth in battle. 
670 col
1sp

Jomei
5 Mats
670 col
1sp

Edited by Meokka