[PP-F2] Big ol bat <<Let there be light>> (Meokka)

Emblem walked around floor 2 looked around for anything to do. Things seemed to be a little dull at the moment and he hoped to find some action and quick. His familiar Aisu flew next to him looking around like Emblem. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a woman crying on a bench. The woman got up from the bench then began to walk towards him. It seemed that his prayers had been answered when she asked him to go out and look for her daughter who had been playing in the caverns nearby with her friend. She said the friend had gotten away but her daughter was still missing. Emblem comforted the NPC woman. Don't worry. I'll get your daughter back safe and sound. Emblem didn't know why he was trying to stop the woman from crying after all she was just some lines of code in this virtual world. He walked away from the NPC who now seemed to be a bit calmer. He opened his menu and equipped his weapon and armor. He felt their usual weight form around his body. He began to walk out of the safe zone headed towards the caverns the woman had talked about.

Guest Meokka

Meokka came about the same npc. She remembered this quest. Though she never finished it last time. Due to a server issue. It seemed that was when all the rules were changing and it got complicated. She neared carefully. She didn't want to incite an attack by mistake. The bluenette coughed lightly in her hand and watched to see if they'd notice her. She looked at the mother npc and smiled lightly to her. Then nodded.

"i'll also accept this quest. Do you mind if I tag along...." She looked up at his name. "Emblem is it." She was in her lovely armor already. This floor wasn't as easy as it use to be, but maybe with an extra person with her it wouldn't be so bad. It was time to relearn the basics of this death game. She didn't want to be trapped here forever after all. "The name is Meokka, a lot of people call me Meo. Pleased to meet you Emblem-san." she gave him a light bow. She hoped with more eyes they'd be able to find the small girl faster.

Emblem startled looked behind him to see another girl walking up to him asking him if she could join him on the quest. He turned around and smiled. Of course! The more the merrier! Emblem opened up his menu and quickly sent the girl a party request. Well Meo! let's get going! Emblem closed his menu then began to walk out of the safe zone. He was greeted by the usual notice telling him he was leaving a safe-zone. he walked further towards the caverns eager to find the little girl. He turned around to ask the girl if she knew where the caverns were only to finally notice the armor she had on. He spotted the knights of the blood oath symbol on her armor bringing sudden interest sparking in Emblem. Hmm your in the Knights of the blood oath? Emblem and always thought about applying for the guild but always decided he'd try and level up a bit before he did.

Guest Meokka

She looked to the sigel on her armor. She did apply for it once upon a time. That meant they were still together then? It had been so long she had actually forgotten. She looked to him and nodded, but she was unsure. Then gave him a blank look for a moment. She had no idea and wasn't sure how to be sure right off the bat.

"Actually I have no idea. I put in to join them but, I didn't think I was accepted. Now you've got me wondering." she felt a bit embarrassed for not knowing. "How about I follow you. Where do you think we should be looking? Every place seems to be a maze around here. It's a bit too easy to get lost don't you think? I hope it's not too dark in any of the caves as well, because I don't have a way to see in the dark. At least not yet." she looked over to him. "How about you Emblem-san?" she was curious what he was capable of. They seemed to be the same level. This would be interesting indeed.

Emblem laughed. Sorry no I haven't put any skills points towards that yet. Emblem shrugged then began to walk in a random direction hoping they'd get lucky and be able to find the caverns soon. He looked up at his dragon who had been resting on his head while he and Meokka had been talking. You got any ideas Aisu? His dragon just looked down on Emblem then continued to nap on his head. he sighed then continued to venture forth through floor 2. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted some rock formations that seemed to hint towards some caverns. he grinned then called out to his companion. Hey Meo! I found something! Lets go check it out!

Guest Meokka

She tried not to laugh. The dragon was rather cute, as well as a bit lazy. It was endearing to say the least. She followed suit and kept her eyes pealed for any possible caves in the area. Maybe the caverns would be lit up. She found several like that, were the ore would glow. She just smiled to herself. She might even mine while they looked for the little miss that was separated from the mother npc. Meokka liked that idea, but the child was top priority. It could be a lost player after all, but then again this was part of a quest, so that was unlikely. Would that make the npc child an immortal object? She wasn't going to test it, but she was curious about it. How did this quest reset for other players. Meokka was stuck in her own mind for awhile until Emblem spoke. Her head snapped up and she looked at him with interest. Seems he found something! Meo moved closer to him and looked into the cave he had pointed out. Yup glowing ore. She looked up at the darkening sky. The later it would get at night, the more brilliant the ore would shine.

"We're in luck. That's a very common ore that glows as it gets darker. Probably because it's a lower level floor. So we won't need night vision here. Lucky us." she smiled happily. She walked into the cave with him keeping her head low. Seeing the ore she changed her mind. "Well, while I'm here I might as well take a bit for myself right." She dug around for ore that she could use. While doing so she kept an open ear, her spear at the ready. "I'm a blacksmith, so I'm a bit of sucker for this sort of thing." She smiled.

(Rolling for ore)

ID# 64603 11 + 2 =13 = fail

She sighed. She felt like she ALMOST had something.

"Nothing good here sadly. Oh well." She tucked her hands behind her head and stood up. "I didn't hear anything either when I was digging. Not even crying. Maybe we have to go in deeper?"

Edited by Meokka

Emblem smiled. i get ya I'm sort of a blacksmith. it's my profession but I haven't opened a shop yet. i'll have to check your shop out soon! Emblem walked deeper into the cave and felt his vision begin to slowly lessen and lessen. At this point he could just barely make out what was in front of him. Bummer it looks like there isn't anymore of that glowing ore in here. Emblem pulled out his sword in a quick motion then scanned the area around him. He guessed there were some type of bat mobs here so he needed to stay on guard while they were in here. He stopped walking to try and listen for any sound of a child but sadly couldn't hear anything. He sighed then kept on walking. Nothing here. 

Guest Meokka

She pulled out her spear and dragged it behind herself leaving a small snake line for them to follow out if they had too., She saw ore pockets that managed to light up the place a little bit. Though she didn't want to expound their light source so she ignored it. Another blacksmith. That was cool. She just smiled happily hearing that. Perhaps they could work together or something later. Opening a shop wasn't all that hard. She followed next to him and closed her eyes listening to her surroundings for any sort of movement. She almost wanted to yell for the small child, but that might warrant some unfriendly mobs. The situation was a tricky one after all. To kill the time she figured she'd use that new intell!

"So you're a blacksmith huh? Maybe we can swap. You know. Like an art swap but with some form of meta work. Maybe even go on some ore hunts. It'd be easier to do that together instead of alone right?"

The sound of a water droplet caught her attention. She looked over to it's direction. 

ID# 64605  19 +2 with ring = 21, 1 ore found!

"Ding! Got some." she smiled and pulled out her pick axe to dig it out. She pulled out the glowing ore and tossed it in the air. She winked at Emblem. "Tada." She then placed it in her inventory and went back to using her spear.

Edited by Meokka

Emblem smiled. Yeah maybe sometime! That sounds fun! Emblem continued to walk forward when his partner pulled out an ore from the side of cavern. He looked back at her. How could she see that well in the cavern. He could just barely make out whats in front of him and Meokka was looking for ores? He brushed the thought aside and continued there mission. He spotted some movement in front of him then pulled his weapon out and began to walk towards the sound. Hey Meo! I found something! He walked forward with his blade half expecting to be tackled by a mob but luckily this wasn't the case.

Guest Meokka

Meokka ran over to him in a hurry. She stayed very close behind him with her spear. She wondered what it was he found and noticed the small crying girl in the distance. She smiled. Looks like she was all right by the sight of her. She then looked to Emblem and gave him a pat on the shoulder. She smiled at him then nodded eagerly. 

"Looks like we found the princess." She semi joked. Meokka moved closer to the small child and held her hand out to her. "Hey there, we were sent here by your mom. Are you stuck or anything?" 

The small girl looked up at the two of them with tears in her eyes and burried her head in her hands sobbing. Meokka looked down the path the girl had come from and saw fallen stones all over the place. Dirt hit the spear user's shoulder and her purple eyes looked to it, and then up. She was about to curse at it then looked to Emblem.

"We have to hurry this area might cave in."

The sobbing grabbed Meokka's attention again, and she looked at the poor girl who had her leg stuck in some stones. Meokka hurried next to her and started moving the stones. 

"Emblem, we have to work fast here." She said in a hurried tone.

Emblem surprised that it was the girl who was making the noise ran over to help Meokka take the stones of of the girl. As he did this bits of rock fell down onto him from the roof of the cave. He looked up at the ceiling as he worked. What the heck could be causing this to cave in? Emblem went back to working then looked up again after hearing a screech behind them he turned around already sword in hand ready to fight the beast. He couldn't exactly see that well in the cave but he could make out what looked like a massive bat. Hey Meo! Be careful theres a giant bat over here. I'll try and hold it off while you finish helping the girl. Emblem dashed at the mob ready for a fight. He activated a sword skill planning on taking a big chunk of the bats health then taking it from there.  His blade began to glow then double in length as he plunged the blade into the bat. he saw the bats health go down a decent amount. He happy to see that the bat didn't have time to react to his attack. He readied his blade for another attack.

Spoiler

<<Emblem>> 68/68 energy 12/17

<<Giant Bat>> 32/50 12 DMG 12 MIT

Sword Art: Vorpal Strike (1x5) dealt 30 DMG -5 energy

ID: 64745

BD: 9 - 1 = 8

MD: 3

Edited by Emblem
Guest Meokka

Meokka looked up and could see two pairs of glowing red eyes staring them down. She swore under he breath and hurried on helping the girl out. However one of them decided to attack the now crying child. However once it got closer it saw that Emblem was standing between it and the women of the group. The large bat flapped his wings aggressively, which causes a whirlwind that seemed to have a cutting effect like being sliced by a sword. Meokka quickly threw herself onto the small child ready to take the hit, but it seemed Emblem took it for them for being in front. 

Meokka pushed the kid out of the way of the fight and went to attack the bat that was coming for them, but missed. "Tch, sorry! Are you all right Emblem?" she called to him in the dark.

due to the darkness of the caves we suffer a -1 ACC unless we have night vision.

64792 mob 8, BD3-1 = 2

Emblem

LEVEL: 17

HP: 65/68

Mit: 9 - 12 = 3dmg

<Giant Bat> is a Field mob and has the following statistics:
Giant Bat:32/ 50 HP
Damage per Attack: 12

<Meokka>

HP:64

Energy:16

Total Normal dmg: 6

Total Mit 16

<Giant Bat> is a Field mob and has the following statistics:
Giant Bat: 50 HP
Damage per Attack: 12

(That's the new turn order so take the bat and your turn at the same time you only need to role once like I did : 3)

Edited by Meokka
  • 2 months later...