[PP-F3]Return to the Prairie (Jomei)

The fields outside of Delilah Village were always a welcoming sight for Kindle, the golden orbs resting within their sockets glazed over as she had been lying there up against a fence for what must have been a few hours. She often lost track of time as lazed about as if a sloth detached from it's tree's. Incapable of caring what happened across the path she sat along, even the Cardinal System NPC's were starting to feel shifty passing her along the dirt path into town. Her entire body nearly shutting down till her systems gave off a near corpse-like state. After a dozen minutes she stirred and situated posing like some sort of street statue model purely by accident. The latest being a rather suitable pose for a girl of her form as she was reclined upon her side a her left hand gently rested over her hip and the other propping up her head as she compressed the grass beneath her. It was a restless day as her continuous quest to discover are comfortable sleeping position went unsolved. Her own quest failed as she rolled onto her back now letting out a defeated sigh as she glanced up to the clouds their virtual sky. "It's odd that so many people find this world so inviting despite it's obvious threats, I know I don't want to ever leave." Kindle spoke plainly dictating her thoughts without the thought of someone else listening in. As it turned out it wouldn't have mattered to her even if they were as she still would have spoke it. A long quiet yawn would preoccupy her eyes and mouth as she recovered ever so slowly.

The days was already half over which was something she would took quick not of as she sat herself back up staring at the menu's clock realizing that she needed to pitch in back at the shop before she turned into a pumpkin. The night was not sweet or forgiving for Kindle and she wouldn't be caught outside when dusk enveloped this world in it's horrid cloak. Between the unnatural beasts that lurked outside for the occasional adventurer she would face the worst enemy of all. The physiological fears that she developed as a child, no one ever came to her aid when she most needed it every night till she was seven she wandered her bedroom anxious and on the edge of breaking. Eventually her mother found out and would leave the lights on in her room so she could have a good night sleep, but in this world she had to find her light sources and block the windows.

@Jomei

The vast rolling plains of Floor Three and the small settlement of Delilah Village had become a usual spot for Jomei lately. The man had a thing for constantly visiting places that put his mind at ease, first the old bar in The Town of Beginnings, then the lake on Floor One, and now this.. though he found comfort in the whole floor here, rather than just a certain spot. His olive eyes were fixed on the small brown owl that flew high above his head as he slowly walked, the breeze tousling his hair and blowing his cloak behind him. A lot was crossing his mind lately, now that he was no longer in 'retirement,' his main concern being his return to the front lines.. if it should happen sooner or later. With a heavy sigh, he shook the thought from his mind and decided to decide it at a later day, for there was nothing he could do about it now. His gaze returned to the town around him, though he became fixated on a small fence that was built up at the base of a tree. A comfortable place to rest his legs, he thought as he walked towards the area where no one seemed to be aside from a couple of NPCs passing by on the opposite side. 

The man sat with his back to the fence, the owl that had been hovering in the sky above him returned to the Earth and perched in the tree above her companion. Jomei smiled at the owl before lifting his hand to open the small menu and inventory. After slowly scrolling through lists of items, he tapped on one portion of the screen. In his arms materialized a wooden string instrument, a lute, his trademark as a Performer. Ever so gently Jomei began to pluck at the strings, as his fingers on his left hand danced on the neck, pressing various strings to create a soft melody. His song continued on for a few moments before he heard the voice of a girl, which seemed to come from right behind him. The man stopped his music and looked over his shoulder to see no one. Curiously, Jomei stood up and turned his body to look to the other side, where he saw a dark haired girl laying on the ground, looking up at the sky. "Oh, I had no idea you were there. Sorry if I woke you up with my music." he said as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. 

As the music hit the air she closed her eyes once more a bit confused how it began, a finger from both side slipped up gently to her ear lobes poked gently into her ears. That realization that headphones and mobile devices were a frequently missed appliance that she no longer had the luxury of enjoying. Her gown dress rather simple as it was a more decorated beginners garb customized to act as a one piece dress as she still lacked the necessary equipment or col to equip herself with her ideal armor set. The image already in her mind, charcoal stained navy blue that's tone hardly resembled the azure family any more. Long red trimming edging down her features and a slit  near the chest where she could feel the rushing of air as she maneuvered about. All of that was merely dreams though, after asking a few blacksmiths and merchants in the shops she had learned that the best gear to get were, perfects, a rarity that only the more wealthy and well known players were capable of purchasing. The ageless process of poverty for the unfortunate or weak in this case. Everything she was hoping to earn would be self-retrieved as she hated feeling indebted. As she recalled her reasons of relaxing she then stopped and looked  back across the other side of the fence she had claimed. "Stranger?"

Kindle rolled over onto her stomach as she supported her chin with both arms now pressuring the jawline. "You play the lute?" Kindle queried the man uncertain as she hadn't quite gotten a good glimpse of it, as soon as she saw it no doubt would cross her mind. Most instruments she picked out of hit songs that she listened to back home including a few classics from other countries that intrigued her. "I always wanted my own bard," she yawned now reclining once more upon the grass before resting both eyes as she continued to add on to that rather brief interjection. "Father would never allow me to spend more money upon assistants or servants though I suppose it was wise as he couldn't trust me with his credit card after I flew the coup. What's your price?"

The Irishman smirked back at the woman before his gaze returned to the instrument in his lap, which he simply placed it leaning up against the fence next to him, "Well.. I guess I could say the same about you, miss." he said as he turned back to look at the female who was also a stranger to him. "I do indeed play the lute, thanks to the perks I get from pursuing the profession of a performer."  Grabbing the instrument in his hand once again, he raised it up high enough so the girl could see it with her own eyes and not take Jomei for a liar. "Haven't played it out in public in awhile, hope it wasn't unpleasant." Her next statement had shocked Jomei, and caused him to look quizzically at the noirette with a raised brow. She 'wanted her own bard'.. he hoped that she was not referring to him. "I guess having someone to provide a backtrack to your life could be .. entertaining." He spoke cautiously, but making sure that she knew that he would not be someone's personal musician. "Wait.. you really want to pay me to be your own bard?" Jomei scoffed. "Sorry, but I'm not for sale. I would be more than happy to play you a song if you asked nicely...but not to be your own soundtrack." His cheery voice took a serious turn, for he did not feel like being used for entertainment. 

"I don't have any money anyway," Kindle yawned rather bored once again with the conversation as she seemed to have failed her diplomacy of hiring on a singer to the band wagon of zero. Each limb now stretched out in their own direction, a good re-inaction of a good ol' keelhauling if she had been bound to four horses and being pulled apart, the digits on each finger now wrinkling up as if uncomfortable from her prolonged visit of the prairie. "You by any chance have some col to pay me for my services would you?" The rather odd girl now raised up to both her legs to her full height before peering over the lute and the the musician attached to it. "Beautiful instruments the both of you," her compliment rather quick as she didn't even think twice about remarking upon his physique now as she was always the proud owner  of her own rather buxom figure as she tried to stay in shape . Here it was far easier as the food failed to incorporate calorie intake and increase of body fat. "I'll do chores," she calmly stated as she essentially offered herself as a maid as that was the only occupation she really knew between the servants at home and her father who kept her in the dark. "Although I would ask for a few thousand col retroactively to my occupation as I need to acquire gear and for hunting down quests and leveling up."

As she stood there before him she swayed her hip to the side her left hand resting upon it as it rocked up while the other remained dangling against the right side of her body as she thought. "I don't know exactly what work that a bard would need done, but the offering stands none the less." 

The clearly offended facial expression on the man's lips and brow lightened when she mentioned that she, in fact, had no money. Truth be told, he had a feeling it was as such. Where, in towns, most players tended to not wear their armor or stick to casual clothing.. hers resembled those of a beginners robes, though slightly more elaborate with embodiments and the like. Can't blame the girl for trying. The man peered over the fence and watched as she stretched out her body, asking if he would pay her for her services. "..Services?" Jomei questioned with a chuckle, "So now you're the one that wants to do the work?" he laughed. Her out of nowhere comment on both his instrument and his own physical being caused a slight pink hue to form at his cheeks. Jomei, being the bashful man he was, could not take a compliment without blushing. "Heh, thanks." rubbing the nape of his neck. She was a strange one, he had to admit, though her personality seemed.. familiar. Almost like someone else he had known, though he could not place his finger on just who he was thinking of. The man sighed and shook his head, "Anyway, no I don't need any work done. Why haven't you considered taking on the Earning a Living quest and get yourself a profession? Depending on which route you go, you could be making a lot of col and materials for crafting.. Alchemists are popular and make money.. though there seems to be a lot of them nowadays.. Artisans I have not seen many of.. Oh and Tailors seem to be a dying breed, but they are always needed." He chuckled again closing his eyes for a moment, "Just.. don't take the path of a Performer.. The life I live with that does not see much profit, and I had to earn all of my col out in the field and from boss fights." 

Now that the woman was standing, Jomei leaned his body on the fence between them and looked across at her, "By the way, I never got your name. I'm Jomei." Leaning forward from his spot, he reached his open palm out to the girl in greeting.

Kindle then frowned and raised her shoulders as she wandered about in a circle as she was asked why she didn't just do the Earn a Living quest. "Well frankly it's because I have already done it and I don't really care of the technical detail of owning my own shop and unfortunately I have no one else to run it for me. Maybe I could hire on some NPC's for such roles, but the Cardinal System sadly makes them rather boring and routine." She sighed now glancing back over to the bard as she thought of the life a musician always on an adventure listening to music. "I'm an alchemist I think, although I haven't been making all that many potions as it is rather boring to go material hunt and even more so to bother brewing anything. "At least you have your health while on the road." She then nodded as he talked about never getting her name. "No I suppose I haven't given it to you yet although I'm not really the type who enjoys spreading my own name but you may call me by my username Kindle. An extended hand Kindle slowly reached out and shook it before now pondering what she would do next in this little conversation.

Jomei chuckled at the girl's idea of hiring a NPC to run her shop while she was away, and how it was not possible in this world, "Wouldn't that make life easier? Heh, I'd never step foot in my shop if we could so that.. But Cardinal is a cruel bastard" the man smirked. "Well.. When youdo decide to take up making potions.. You'll definitely find yourself making money... Take it from the guy engaged to Aincrad's number one Alchemist" he pointed hia thumb into his chest. From what he could gather, this girl, who called herself Kindle here, must have come from a wealthy family and lived a life of luxury.. At least that was what he thought. Sadly for them, SAO was not very prominent to those not willing to lift a finger. "So then, since asking me for money didn't really go your way, how do you plan to go out and make some? You could always go hunt monsters out in the field and get some nice col and even materials. I wouldn't mind helping you out if you wanted."