[SP-F4] (Quest) <<The Knights King>>

"The quests back."

"I know. It looks like they buffed it from how the brokers speak of it."

"Great. Another quest I'll be passing on."

"You and me both."

Visual sighs sounded as breath escaped from the mouth of the blonde player quickly weaving through the outskirts of Snowfrost Town. Golden plates shimmered against the dull sun of the snowy plains. His temperature seemingly unaffected by the colder weather as he traversed along the obviously trodden path. His destination would branch off from the path he followed however. He full intended to dispel of the quest that had recently appeared on the floor.

If he recalled correctly the bare details of the quest made mention of a kingdom not far from where he currently walked. Given his many outings to this area, he wasn't surprised that he wasn't familiar with the area the kingdom now occupied as it wasn't available until recently. Taking the path outlined ahead in stride, he planned to reach the kingdom in no time. Just another quest on the list of many, thought the blonde as snow melted and crushed beneath his feet.

Snow fell and danced around him with each passing moment he spent on the trail leading to the stony expansion looming in the distance. Drawing his blade, something he should have done from the start, he kept his gaze fixated on the path and his ears trained on the sounds around him. Things seemed almost too quiet or peaceful rather as he approached the stony stairway leading up to the icy kingdom. Remember your objectives. Kill the the King and bring the crown back to Joramun. Once you do that, you can go back to your training. Simple enough no?

The task was seemingly simple, but like all things, if something is to go wrong, it will. This saying coming to fruition as growls and howls echoed around the blonde. Though he was just meters from the entrance to the icy castle, he was well aware that guards were certainly inevitable. Sopping in his tracks, the blonde raise his arms up and motioned for whatever was lurking to come at him. Foolish? Probably so as he hadn't the slightest clue what he would be dealing with, but he imagined whatever it was would be a challenge nonetheless. Twirling his rapier, he prepared for combat as four shadows made themselves known and circled him.

Gear:

Spoiler

Orochi: +6 Damage

Amphibian Scale: +36 Mitigation/ +2 Paralytic Venom

Clasp of the Progenitor: +2 Accuracy/ +1 Loot Die

HP: 217 | E: 53 | D: 13 | M: 66 | A: 3 | E: 0

Glancing to his HUD, the blonde smirked as he read their titles aloud. "Frost Wights eh? You don't seem to dangerous I suppose." Flexing his wrist, he peered past the two giant zombie like pillars of blue icy skin and bone and affixed his gaze on the doors to the castle. Strike these four down and head on to the castle. Easy."  Turning to the mobs behind him, he grinned once again as his rapier began to glow. Taking a few steps forward, he struck like a bolt of lighting, or so he thought.

ID: 65156 BD: 4 (1+3) [Miss]

Oikawa: 217/217 E: 51/53

Frost Wight: 106/106 D: 40 M: 26

The creatures all stepped back in unison, before subsequently pouncing on the lad as they nimbly evaded his initial attack attempt. Unprepared for the full frontal assault, the blonde allowed the frost mobs to attack him. They clawed and  and swung their axes, ultimately striking the young man for minimal, barely visible damage. Shrugging the attack off, he took advantage of the small window of time between their attack and their disengage. Twirling in a glowing flurry of rapid thrusts and punches, Oikawa tried to tear into the four retreating Wight's as they parted away from him. However, he again managed to whiff on the assault as they exited the range of his blade.

ID: 65157 BD: 4 (1+3) MD: 6 [Miss]

Oikawa: 213/217 E: 50/53

Well this has become rather bothersome but given the effects of my trusty shield they should be paralyzed right about now. Just as the words left his mouth, the beasts became rigid as the paralysis set in. A grin of pleasure showed as he looked the immobile giants over. Each one similar to an undead statue for his crushing. Activating <Charge> the blonde executed another display of slashes, thrusts, kicks, and punches against the lightly armored monsters. Their health bars tumbled into the yellow zone as he stepped back from the center of the un-moving beasts. Rather weak I guess.

ID: 65158 BD: 7 (4+3) [Twilight Resurrection: 13 + 4 = 17 x 5 = 85 - 26 = 59]

Oikawa: 213/217 E: 41/53

Frost Wight: 40/106 D: 40 M: 26

Weak while true, didn't mean they still weren't an issue. As the effects of paralysis wore off the creatures, the blonde was forced on the defensive as the creatures came at him. However, he didn't cower or falter. He remained vigilant and absolute as he nimbly side stepped their assaults one by one. As the last one lunged, he met it's attack with a one of his own; overpowering the creature and allowing him to chain the attack into a full on assault against all the remaining wights. Cutting them all down in one fierce sweep of his leg, he stood stall as the creatures dissolved into pixels.

ID: 65186 BD: 6 (2+4) LD: 24 (16+8) MD: 4 [Twilight Resurrection: 13 + 4 = 17 x 5 = 85 - 26 = 59]

Oikawa: 213/217 E: 32/53 [+4240 Col and +8 Materials]

Frost Wight: 0/106 D: 40 M: 26

Pitiful, I expended far too much energy on these creatures. Hmph, for now I better rest and regain my energy. Maybe even just search for materials for now. Given this expansive area, there is bound to be several ores lurking around for me to make use of.  Glancing about the area, his crimson gaze settled on a peculiar frost ore that seemingly beckoned to his greatness. The ore radiated. The blonde needed it. Taking a few steps forward, he plucked the smooth cool object from its snowy entrapment and placed it in his inventory.

ID: 65188 LD: 20 (12+8)

Oikawa: 216/217 E: 33/53 [+1 Material. Total: 4240 Col and 9 Materials]

Looking around some more, he spotted another shining frost covered ore for the taking further up along the path. Though slowly but surely, his energy was restoring and by the time he took to the castle, he should have accumulated complete energy regeneration. Smirking, he quickly covered the distance between himself and the ore before bending over to add it to his collection. His hand quickly ran through his hand as he stood at the last flight of steps leading to the castle doors.

ID: 65190 LD: 26 (18+8)

Oikawa: 216/217 E: 33/53 [+2 Material. Total: 4240 Col and 10 Materials]

Trotting up the steps, he quickly came to the throne entrance. Chilly air instantly swarming him as the hairs on his skin raised. Opening the door only made things cooler as he stepped inside. While the castle itself was far bigger than it seemed from outside, the overall design was simple and only one door appeared at the end of the hall. Not even bothering to look around, Oikawa made his way to what he assumed was the throne room. Yanking the stony doors open, he was met with a chilling sight. A man of enormous stature sat poised in the throne chair before him. 

"You dare enter my realm un-welcomed?" 

"Aye. I've come to slay your for you crimes and a hefty reward. Care to object?"

"Arrogant human. Your words will be your downfall."

"Maybe so, but it wont come by your hands."

Drawing his blade once more, Oikawa readied himself. Pulling himself from his seat, the Night's King rose and claimed the sword at his side. Drawing it, his blood eyes focused on Oikawa before he roared out. "Human, I will have the pleasure of watching you fail."

Oikawa: 217/217 E: 53/53 [+0 Material. Total: 4240 Col and 10 Materials]

Night's King: 300/300 D: 75 M: 50

"The only falling happening today is that HP bar of yours King. Now let me introduce you to my blade." Pointing the rapier right at the boss, Oikawa suddenly surged forward at speed unmatched by most. His blade was immediately met with the King's. However the blonde was unaware of the creatures strength as his massive weapon tore through defenses of his blade. Turing mid air, he deflected the rest of the blow with his shield before being sent back to the ground. Standing up, he dusted his clothing before glaring at the King. "That was a mistake of frosty one." Leaping with inhuman speed, the blonde appeared before the chest of the King before unleashing a volley of thrusts and jabs at the chest of the King. Landing once more, he watched as the King went to charge after him, but was restricted due to the paralysis now inflicted on him.

ID: 65191 BD: 11 (8+3) MD: 9 [Over Radiation: 13 + 4 = 17 x 14 = 238 - 50 = 188]

Oikawa: 198/217 E: 39/53 [+0 Material. Total: 4240 Col and 10 Materials] (85-66=  19)

[Paralyzed] Night's King: 112/300 D: 75 M: 50

"My my, what was that about my downfall?"

Rage could clearly be seen swelling within the King as the blonde circled around him. "You've already fallen below half HP and I've only used one attack. And now you will be felled by another." Raising his rapier once more, he thrust the blade into the King's body several times over before causing him to disperse into nothing but crystals and a single crown. Placing the crown atop his own head, Oikawa watched as the throne began to shake and rumble. Getting the message he promptly exited the crumbling structure.

ID: 65192 BD: 8 (5+3) CD: LD: 12 (4+8) [Over Radiation: 13 x 14 = 182 - 50 = 132]

Oikawa: 198/217 E: 25/53 [+1500 Col and +1 Material. Total: 5740 Col and 11 Materials]

Night's King: 0/300 D: 75 M: 50

Bright light blinded the youth as he exited the throne. The structure crumbled to dust and snow in no time, leaving behind nothing but snowy debris. Hmm I honestly thought that this quest would be far more challenging. Though I guess when you've been dubbed the ParaGod, things like this shouldn't surprise you. Shrugging the thought off, Oikawa turned his sights back to the path below..  I suppose I should head back then. Shame really. I imagine a dungeon would be nifty on this floor but given dungeon parameters this place is far to low leveled to have such things. "However ores can still be found," mentioned the blonde.

ID: 65194 LD: 13 (5+8)

Oikawa: 199/217 E: 26/53 [+0 Material. Total: 5740 Col and 11 Materials]

Shifting his gaze from one area to the next as he walked down the snow trodden path, he managed to locate yet another ore for the taking. Plucking the crystal from the grasp of the earth, Oikawa eyed the small item and chuckled as he placed it in his inventory. With the latest addition, his gains totaled twelve within the last our. He chuckled as he remembered a time before this where he would've struggled for hours to get more than 5 materials. Times have certainly changed since then.

ID: 65206 LD: 16 (8+8)

Oikawa: 200/217 E: 27/53 [+1 Material. Total: 5740 Col and 12 Materials]

That statement couldn't hold more merit than right at that moment as four beings suddenly surrounded the blonde once more. Another party of wights? These things are far more pesky than I thought. Guess I shall clean them up just like there brethren from before so I can return this crown to Joramun.  Drawing Orochi, he let the cool steel cut through the air as he eyed all four wights. Planning to use the same tactic as before, he would gladly let the creatures attack him first so he could induce the paralysis effect his shield bolstered.

Oikawa: 217/217 E: 53/53

Going off pure instinct alone, the frosted giant zombies lunged at the blonde. Each taking their time to swing their enlarged axes at the blonde in an attempt to strike him down. However, given Oikawa's level, talent, and combat experience, simple beings like this posed no threat to him even if they landed their blows. Seeing as how he had combated these enemies before, he allowed the creatures to think they had him pinned with their assault, however he really bated them to proc'ing his shield and used the confusion to activate his area of effect attack.

ID: 65211 BD: 12 (9+3) MD: 10 [Twilight Resurrection: 13 + 4 + 1 = 18 x 5 = 90 - 26 = 64]

Oikawa: 213/217 E: 43/53 (60-66)

Frost Wight: 42/106 D: 40 M: 26 [Paralyzed]

Frost Wight: 42/106 D: 40 M: 26 [Paralyzed]

With the creatures still under the effects of his paralysis, Oikawa wasted no time in putting them out of their misery and collecting the loot from them. Sheathing Orochi, he jammed his hands into his pockets and began to stalk off back towards Joramun. Once the crown was delivered the quest would be over an the could return back to training. It was surprising to him that he had became so efficient with quest clearing, but he reasoned it came with the territory of being a front liner.

ID: 65213 BD: 8 (5+3) MD: 13 (5+8) [Twilight Resurrection: 14 x 5 = 70 - 26 = 44]

Oikawa: 213/217 E: 43/53 (60-66) [+2120 Col and +4 Materials. Total: 7860 Col and 16 Materials]

Frost Wight: 0/106 D: 40 M: 26 [Paralyzed]

Frost Wight: 0/106 D: 40 M: 26 [Paralyzed]

Frost Wight: 0/106 D: 40 M: 26 [Paralyzed]

Frost Wight: 0/106 D: 40 M: 26 [Paralyzed]

Only a few minutes had passed as the blonde youth approached the tavern originating as the location of the quest starting point. His hand lightly pressed the door, allowing him entrance into the comforting people filled pub. Heading directly to the last table at the back of the room, Oikawa found himself face to face with the quest giver; Joramun. Nodding to the turban toting man, he removed the crown from atop his head and placed it on the table. Sliding it across the table, he only opened his mouth to utter a simple sentence.

"The crown is yours and I hope you find happiness in donning it." Rising from the table, he dismissed the quest notification, as he was all to familiar with the rewards of the quest. Raising the hood on his cloak, he exited the tavern and headed for the floor stairs that would carry him back to the floor below. Though he would have to repeat the process several times, he'd eventually reach his home on the first floor. Such exercise was good for him however, so he normally didn't complain about the trek.