Character Profiles[Resolved] & Stats (Under Dev)

Guest Sarasah

Sexy Elf Lady~~ Woooo~

Another idea as far as character creation along the lines of the avatar -- before RPing, create a profile of your character in a template like this:

Name:

Primary weapon skill (can only pick one and stick to one so no one is OP)

Hair color:

Hair Type (long, short):

Eye Color:

Skin tone:

Primary armor/clothing color:

Picture references:

-insert other character profile questions here-

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another idea as far as character creation along the lines of the avatar -- before RPing, create a profile of your character in a template like this:

In terms of character profiles, I was actually thinking about that being a requirement, maybe like a character approval system so people don't randomly make overpowered dudes. Thoughts?

Still debating where to put this information. Either in peoples profiles, edited by the user themselves or a GM only. Or have a topic posted for each player to update either themselves or by a GM only.

I think we should have a Journal thread under OOC SAO. That'd be a spot for people to keep track of their characters (one journal per chara I mean, not all charas crammed in one spot), write notes on who they talked to and their relations between others, etc.

I think a specific area of the forum so everyone can create their own topic for their own character.

I kinda think these ideas are all pretty much the same. Nevina's might be a little more detailed though which would be a neat idea to try out. It'd make the experience more personal and add to character development.

Sexy Elf Lady~~ Woooo~

Name:

Hair color:

Hair Type (long, short):

Eye Color:

Skin tone:

Picture references:

In the series, players can have as many combat skills (weapon Skills) as they want, Dual Blades, Single blade, Daggers, just to name them off my head were all on one character. However, we can make it a suggestion that a starting character should limit themselves to one Weapon Skill, One Defense Skill (armor related) and 2 others and at level increments, we can let them unlock the ability to learn more skill slots/skills to further there character.

You can, there were several fights in the Manga where Kirito switched weapons in the middle of a fight.

Also i dont think its explained but think of it like a regular MMO. Once you reach certain levels, more skills are available to you, so since you dont want to over due it in the begining, they limit you on what you can have. Also in Episode 2 of the Anime, Kirito referenecs using the Katana Skill in a higher floor during beta testing. So with that i would think the ability to unlock more Skill slots isnt to far fetched

There's a maximum of twelve skill slots. People did not unlock skill slots in the game - they just trained skills they liked. As far as I remember you're given enough skill points for two skills at first log-in, as Kirito had points in one-handed sword mastery and scanning before he quested for his first sword after Kayaba dropped his little bomb on everyone.

However, i do like having all slots open and as you progress, have to decided to advance in what you have or learn something new.

I'm with Crim on this one, sounds like fun!

Maybe the dual-wielding skill could be a thirteenth unlockable skill that you obtain as a rare drop from quests, or something?

Speaking of which, how will drops be awarded? Maybe there could be a forum dice system, and everytime a boss or monster dies you can roll a dice to determine the rarity of the drop you get from a list of drops possible for a monster of that level/type/difficulty?

Sexy Elf Lady~~ Woooo~

Name:

Hair color:

Hair Type (long, short):

Eye Color:

Skin tone:

Picture references:

I think we should have a Journal thread under OOC SAO. That'd be a spot for people to keep track of their characters (one journal per chara I mean, not all charas crammed in one spot), write notes on who they talked to and their relations between others, etc.

So going back to this, are we all in agreement to do a beta trial test of this? If so, shall we at least make the fora available, with this thread so we can get started, at least with character creations :3? And does anyone else have other character profile relations they'd like to add/see?

I know skills and stats is still in development.