Character Profiles[Resolved] & Stats (Under Dev)

Guest Sarasah

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you can get it to appear under your username

Some or all data can be shown under a persons avatar, but it be difficult to read when you have a novel under a persons avatar in some aspects i.e. background story, descriptions, appearances, history, etc... lengthy posts.

But small bits like skills, specialization, levels, gender, guild, party, etc.. are doable.

Some or all data can be shown under a persons avatar, but it be difficult to read when you have a novel under a persons avatar in some aspects i.e. background story, descriptions, appearances, history, etc... lengthy posts.

But small bits like skills, specialization, levels, gender, guild, party, etc.. are doable.

Totally forgot about that part lol.

I think to keep it simple, if all are in favor of posting it on a forum rather then kept in character profile, speak up or forever hold your tongue. lol

The character sheets, should they be confided to 1 topic per person or 1 topic for each character?

i.e.

A person who has 4 characters, posts them as separate posts in 1 topic.

A person who has 4 characters, posts them in individual topics.

Reason I bring this up is because I'm all for separate posts in 1 topic to help manage which players a person will be playing. But also I can re-purpose the PHPBB3's "Website" profile option to link to a persons character sheet topic showing off all their characters.

One thing I love about character journal threads like what Nevi's talking about is the level of creativity I see people putting into setting theirs up with colored text and formats and stuff! Often, what RP guilds do is provide a format for profiles and journal threads, but they don't force anyone to use it. What they often do ask for, however, are minimal requirements of information that should be included in the thread.

Not a journal exactly since we have solo rps t hat can be done in place of "diary" entries, just a spot for the user to do whatever they want with. The first post would be the required character profile, and after that it's up to them. I wanted to do a summary of events that happen to my character and stuff too.

But maybe it doesn't matter, and users can choose either one per chara or multiple charas in one thread if they plan on only using it to post the profile and nothing else.

One Topic per Account i think, each post will contain a character sheet and there they can simply edit there post to show character advancement. Dont have to post that (Today i soloed floor 5 boss) but it could be added to your character sheet. If you plan on posting each individual thing that happens or even the major things, your character sheet will still have to be found after X amount of posts.

Also i have to agree one topic per character could get crowded way to fast and if people post updates, before you know it, it has become another spam area.. just saying