(PP-NK-F1) Another day, Another Ally... (Esper)

Jonathan strolled on the first floor. He had been putting off walking on the first floor for players to help for a while, so he decided he would give it another go. His green eyes scanned the rea for a player, that might need his assistance, or just seemed bored in general. A slight breed brushed his bright golden blond hair. He did not have his armor or shield equipped, revealing a black handled sword on his back, A White cotton shirt, and a pair of jeans. He sighed and made a left, going down into the town square. He passed the markets and reached the center of town. This was where most players hung around. He should easily find someone down here. Jonathan took a deep breath and headed in to the center. 

Sitting on a bench during such a busy evening, Esper lazily surveyed the masses of townfolk, the ruby tint in her eyes glistening from the refracted light that came her way. It was pleasing to see that humanity remained just as it was, corrupted little by the death sentence looming over their heads. At least, so it seemed. There were still bad people, of course, but all the same in the real world. Alas, the dark skinned player began to tire of the pointless staring, and stood up, brushing her lap of the stray leaves nestled into her clothing. Her walk was aimless, but not unapreciated. She was grateful to have time to herself, to walk around and actually not have anything waiting on her. It was so much different on different circumstances. Esper's walk led her in a circle, as she had just decided to walk the streets around the square, looking at shops as they came to pass. Should she have enough col, she might buy a thing or two. Of course, she often insisted otherwise, convincing herself that she needed to save up. "I need more materials..."

Jonathan surveyed the area. Most players were already walking around with two or three more people. Jonathan sighed. He did not want to interrupt anything and make them mad at him. That was probably the worst thing he could do was make the players angered with him. He looked around more until his eye caught a darker skin tone female, with eyes, having a tint that made him think of a ruby. She was alone, and seemed, alone. (Bad Words...) Jonathan strolled over, hearing her barely mutter, that she needed to get more materials. This was perfect. He walked beside her and said, "Uhh, Hello, my name is Jonathan, I heard you might need some help getting materials? I could possibly help with that... If you would allow me to, that is. " Jonathan put on a warm smile, to add a finishing touch, even though he was usually smiling anyway. The woman was a tad shorter than he and around the same age. Maybe a year or two younger, but it was hard. She had one of those timeless faces. 

Unaware of the man's presence at first, Esper was mildly startled by the voice, emitted at close proximity. Oh, you heard me. I think out loud, it's a curse." She didn't seem drastically consumed in shock, save for shooting a defensive glare, as she turned to him, and shrugged her shoulders, her hands lifting to support the gesture. "Well, I've never been one to turn down an offer like that. A partner is always better than going things alone. So, if that's what ya wanna do, then let's do it!" Arms lowering again, tucking back into her pant's pockets, Esper boasted a wry grin, her eyes shut, but only for a second. Then, she began to walk, her head tilted backwards to make sure he was following. "So, any places you'd prefer to go? You look like you know your way around. I'm kind of new, so I'm not the best at directions. Not that I ever have been." She whispered the last part to herself, a short, meek laugh accompanying quick afterwards.

Edited by Esper

Jonathan watched as he seemed to have startled the girl. He mentally said sorry, and listened as the girl spoke. She seemed a little surprised that he had heard. Then she accepted his offer. Jonathan smiled, and listened to her next question. She asked if he had any places he had in mind. Jonathan examined the girl. She did not seem to have any good gear, and she seemed to be rather low leveled. Jonathan smiled and said, Well, the safest place to be would probably be the fields... We could hunt boars or search materials. Both are effective ways to get materials... So, If you do not mind me asking, What class are you working on? Tank, healer, Damage Dealer, or Scout? Jonathan opened his menu and sent the girl a party request and awaited her acceptance. 

Esper's interface emitted a short chime, indicating the proposal of the party formation. She nodded once, and tapped the "Form Party" button. This was the time that his name became available to her. "I'm going to be a tank. Y'know, take the hits, slash to bits. Also, nice to meet'cha, Morgenstern! I can see your name on my hud. A fancy name, too." She kept them walking through the thick masses of players and NPCs alike, wincing a little at the occasional shout that came just a bit closer than the rest. Most of their words were illegible, due to being compiled over another, but it did sound like bids were going on, conversations attempting to be held, and just plain yelling too. It was mayhem. Esper eventually resorted to grabbing hold of Morgen's wrist, pulling him along with her to keep close.

A few minutes later, after being away from the crowds of capital-goers, Esper let go of the man, brushing her mangled shirt sleeve out with a small huff. "Alright, so the fields aren't too distant a walk from the gates. Gates aren't but a quarter mile from where we are now. So let's continue our walk in the peace and quiet, mm?" She hardly meant communication between the two of them, but rather she referred to the absence of the screaming horde of townsfolk. 

Jonathan watched as the woman accepted the party request and he username appeared under his. Esper... Jonathan listned as she said his username and he replied, "Well, about that... That is my username but I go by Jonathan, but it is nice to meet you Esper... The crowd seemed to get thicker and Esper answered his question. She was going to be a tank. Jonathan smiled. If she was going to join the Twilight Spectrum later, She would be under his division. I am actually a tank as well... The masss bit of people seemed to begin to crowd them. They must have something special going on. There was never this many players out on floor one... Jonathan felt someone grabbed his wrist and he looked to see it Esper. His face reddened a bit as she pulled him out of the crowd, and into one of the empty alleyways that headed out of the town. Esper seemed to be relieved at the sign of peace and quiet. Jonathan sighed and began to walk forward for the gates. So, do you have any equipment yet? Jonathan asked as he moved toward the gates.

Esper's attention sparked as he asked, her reaction being to laugh weakly, and rub the back on her neck. "Nope, not a thing! Eheheh... But it won't be long before I get what I need. After so many materials, I can barter a good deal out of a few vendors, yeah? First thing on my list is a shield. Then a nice set of armor, a new sword, perhaps, and then, well, enhancements. I'll be investing my points in my sword rank for now, but I'll be stacking those hate mods in no time!" True to what she proclaimed, she was going to focus first on mitigation. It was important for a tank, after all. Hate and Mitigation were two of the most important, must-have qualities of a tank. And while she was still a rather low level, she was determined to make herself stronger. By the minute, she felt herself rising to ascension. It was just a matter of time. She wasn't fond of the thought of the front lines, but she wanted to prepare for any situation. She may in fact have to fill in at some point.

"A tank too, yeah?" She said as she placed her right hand on the gates exiting the city, once they arrived of course, and pushed it open with a little grunt. "Guess we'll be fighting together at some point. I can't wait to join the Twilight Spectrum, there's so much potential there. In all of us, ahahh."

Jonathan listened intently as the girl explained, that she was going to start by getting a shield, then armor, and then a sword. It was kind of like what he got. He wondered what stats he wanted with each. Then she said something that made hi  jump out of his feet. She mentioned Twilight Spectrum. As far as he knew only about five players knew about that. How inn the world did she know? Did he say something about it? Did she meet Itzal or something. Jonathan decided to let it be and continue the walk. He knew a place, on floor one that spawned some harder creatures, so in a fight they would be able to get materials that way. Jonathan had the howl skill so he would be able to stop the creature from attacking her. So,are you wanting to search, because I suck at looking, or would you like to fight to get materials, which I say is a bit faster... and more materials. 

Esper chuckled at his question, or rather, about it. She was never one to back down from a fight, not of any sort. Unless it was obviously suicide, of course. And while she did meet Itzal, and Kasier, she didn't assume that Johnathan knew anything about them, thus there was nothing to mention.

"I'd like nothing more than a little fighting. It's always an open subject for me. So, if you think you know a place, just carve out a path, I'll keep up, yeah?" Her arms were crossed, tightly bound across her chest as she puffed up, trying to display a little toughness in her posture. That's what she wanted to be. Unstoppable. And quite unshakable, too. Such was the will of a tank. To be strong, for not only herself, but for her friends and allies the most. Despite her boastful attitude, Esper's eyes were full of excitement, as she looked at Johnathan with expectant eyes. "Let's go, hmmm?"

Jonathan listened as the girl excitedly agreed to fight monsters. A wave of relief came over Jonathan. He really meant it when he said he sucked at finding things.  He smiled and moved over to the area, finding the trail to the frenzied boars. They were the hardest regular mobs in the floor. Jonathan looked back to make sure Esper was right behind him. Jonathan smiled as he seen her, and moved forward. He seen his target. He moved out into the open making sure the boar seen him. He smiled and then unleashed a great yell, as he activated his howl skill. The boars eyes flashed red and then charged Jonathan. Jonathan allowed the boar to charge him, he readied himself, pulling out his sword and put his shield in front of him. The boar squealed as it hit his shield and his thorns activated. It did minimum damage to Jonathan, and even that was recovered as his shield glowed activating his Regen effect. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 64/64 16/16-- Boar Damage 10-25=1 

Esper ?/? Fill in

Frenzied Boar 18/32   {Jonathan--3} --   -14 to Thorns

ID:66255 MD: 7 Thorns Activated CD:6 Regeneration Activated +9HP

Edited by Morgenstern

Esper followed nimbly behind, tracing his footsteps until he reached the open field, where boars grazed freely. They looked much fiercer than the ones she encountered before, but it hardly bothered her. However, she payed attention to Johnathan rather closely, studying his movements and fighting tactics. She was going to become a tank as well, and if she were to be the best at it, she had to soak up knowledge at any and all times. He struck the beast with his shield, as thorns jutted out of it, sending a wail, to echo in the open air. It was unique. And what's more, he wasn't hardly touched by the boar's onslaught. It filled Esper with a good feeling, and once his turn ended, she advanced, pausing at his side. The pig was still staggered, so here chance was available. Of course, the hate that Johnathan attained made him the target anyway. "Alright, c'mon." She would mutter, readying her blade. She stood, holding her blade like she would a bat, except it was low, to her waist. She ran towards the boar, still unaware of this due to it's cowering pain, and swung her sword.

Spoiler

Esper 16/16 4/4

Frenzied Boar 16/32 (Esper) -2

MD: 5 = Miss

ID# 66257 results: BD: 8 = 2 HIT

Edited by Esper

OOC you dont have to roll for MD

Jonathan watched as Esper struck the boar dealing a bit more damage. She did not really add much hate though. He still had the attention. The boar charged, Jonathan dashed forward to meet the boar. With his shield in front of him to block, he brought his sword forward. His sword coasted over the enemy. The boar crashed into him, avoiding his shield. Jonathan flipped backwards, his feet skidding him to a stop. He turned to his partner and yelled Switch as the frenzied boar came in for another attack. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 63/63

Esper 16/16

Frenzied Boar 16/32

66265 BD:5 MD:9

Edited by Morgenstern

Esper kept her eyes fixed firmly on the battle ahead. She studied Johnathan's fighting mechanics, along with the way it clashed with the enemy. It was defensive, as an offensive. It twisted the term 'A good offense is a good defense' around completely. Especially considering that the shield had offensive abilities to not only counter the enemy's attack, but throw an onslaught of their own in the process. But this time, he missed, and the boar hit him with a bit of force. However, Johnathan made perfect use of the hit, flipping backwards and landing in one well executed move. It was impressive. 

But as she heard his command, Esper frowned at the boar, her eyebrows slanted, portraying her concentration. It was her time to strike. "Right!" She yelled in return, nodding once before she angled her sword again, her right foot launching her forward into a sprint. And with a cry of battle, she swung at the beast. Slip. During her haste to hit the target, fate seemed to taunt her, the sword not even coming close to the pig. Instead, the weight of the blade pulled her forwards, staggering her balance. And to add insult to failure, she fell forwards, landing in the grass with a thud, her sword sinking into the clay as her knees collided with the ground. "Ghh?! Whoops!"

Spoiler

Esper 16/16 4/4

Frenzied Boar 16/32

ID# 66268 results: BD: 2 = Miss

Edited by Esper

Jonathan watched as Esper charged forward, but lost her balance and fell into the grass. Jonathan focused on the boar and charged, his sword gleaming a bright blue. He inched closer, He moved his sword from in front to beside him, and his shield to the front. His speed increased as he dashed at the pig. He heard Esper say something that sounded like Whoops, and he turned his attention to her, next thing he knew he was on the ground, looking at the pig, his sword laying down on the ground in front of him. Well.... Shoot. The pig, pawed the ground. Jonathan grabbed his sword and rolled backward and onto his feet. With a sigh he looked at Esper. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 62/62

Esper 16/16

Frenzied Boar 14/32

ID:66271 BD:3 MD:10

Edited by Morgenstern

The situation was honestly pitiful. They were both tripping over a boar, quite literally. Not something to write home about. At least she scored a hit, and he as well. In fact, he dealt more than half of the damage needed to eradicate the beast in his first hit! She did but a scratch. Of course, the level difference began to show through, but she didn't mind much. He must not have minded any either. But they traded glances, him signaling her to attack. "....Hmph." Esper lifted her basic sword again, only this time, she gripped the hilt with her other hand, arching the sword level with her right shoulder. The tip of the blade was aimed on the monster, as if she were going to lunge at thrust at it, dealing a stab to it's exterior. Such would be the case if she were fortunate enought to land a hit.

Not a second distanced her and the target, as she sprinted at such a close distance, jutting at the pig with her blade, steadied with an iron grip. "Grraaah!" The tank in training let out her yell, knocking the beast back with her strike, brute force laced into the hit dealt to it. And from closer observation, one would see a crooked smirk tracing the girl's lips.

Spoiler

Esper 16/16 4/4

Frenzied Boar 14/32 [-3 {2 Base Dmg +1 Crit} ] = 11/32

ID# 66282 results: BD: 9 = +1 Crit

Edited by Esper

OOC- The boar has 8 Mit for it to be lootable, meaning Esper only has done......... One damage

Jonathan watched as Esper strode forward completely focused, landing a good hit on the boar's torso. She has great determination, she might be the best person I have ever helped. She is great.... Jonathan watched as Esper moved out of the way, now it was time to finish it. Jonathan dashed forward at the enemy, kicking dirt up with every step, He slashed his sword mid-dash, and it began to gleam blue, the boar snorted and charged his as well, Jonathan sidestepped as the boar barreled toward him, Jonathan sighed.... Esper was doing all the work, but she seemed to be happy. If she got another hit, Jonathan would have to howl again.... But, His thorns should do all of the work.

Spoiler

Jonathan 62/64

Esper 16/16

Frenzied Boar 13/32

66292 BD:5 MD:2

Edited by Morgenstern

While she was only doing minimal amounts of damage, Esper was having a blast. Killing mobs was going to become an addiction at this rate. And while this boar was almost three times tougher than her, she could rely on, well, another tank to protect her. And she was seeing in him, exactly what she wanted to be. Someone that could keep the heat off of teammates, while throwing punches at the same time. Or stabs, slashes, and what have you. Alas, he missed again, and so did the boar. The luck with this game was miserable. But luckily, he was hardly knicked by the beast, and it would take a lot more to knock the tank of his feet. As for her, she was just lucky not to be the center of it's attention. 

But her moment came, and she readied her blade, charging in the monster's direction. "Lay down, big boy!" She taunted, bringing the blade under, so to prepare a hit to the beast's belly. Landing a successful hit, Esper struck the pig from below, forcing it to back away, a shriek emitting from behind it's ugly tusks. "Aww, snap!"

Spoiler

ID# 66293 results: BD 8

Esper 16/16 4/4

Frenzied Boar 13/32 [ -1 to Hit ] = 12/32

Edited by Esper

Jonathan watched as the girl landed another successful hit. The boar turned its attention to her. This was bad... Jonathan let out an monstrous roar that struck the attention of th boar. It returned its attention to Jonathan and charged. Jomathan smiled as he stood still, the boar got in range, and Jonathan stepped in, smashing into the boar with his shield. The boar shattered into nothing, but only dropped the usual material. Jonathan sighed and sheathed his sword. Well, are you ready for another? I did not use really any energy, we could even go hunt four at once... 

Spoiler

Jonathan 61/64

Esper 16/16

Frenzied Boar Dead

66313 MD: 8 MD:10 CD:5

Edited by Morgenstern