[F4-PP] Pursuit of Happiness (Hakai)

Rin began to tremble, her own skin chilled down to the final inch about her belly button as she looked about the frozen tundra back toward the town that was continuously coated in a gentle dusting of snow. As she exhaled her breath nearly crystallized on the expulsion into the frozen air, she hardly could believe that this was a floor designed for it's beauty. While she was outside the city she gladly managed to avoid most of the dangerous floor hazards and mob encounters that would have made quick work out of her. Farther outside of the city she had little to no luck in her attempted search for material, perhaps closer to the outskirts their would be more supplies to gather, although it was difficult to tell if anything was growing under all this snow as it was covered with an inch within a matter of minutes. The dark sky was riddled with specs of snow now dancing down within the cold winter breeze. It was almost as if it was an eternally Christmas here. 

"Just have to fine an evergreen with some presents underneath of it."

She sighed peering through the snow as she wasn't at all convinced that magically gifts would appear for her to happily take in as it probably wasn't even the right time of the year to being thinking of Christmas. A soft hum now accompanied her upon her adventure eyes scanning the forest. As she shuffled, her boot felt the cold snow sliding in over the top and soaking her sock. A loud mewl escaped her lips when she stopped and saw what appeared to be animal pelt that was just laying about as if it was from a falen mob. A luxurious white pelt that she happily would take. Feeling the soft white fur with her hands and face as she frowned.

"I promise that your sacrifice will no go in vain little pup."

ID: 66738 LD: 14+1=15 S&D

Materials 1

Edited by Rin

Hakai walked out of the fourth floor safe zone, both annoyed and excited. She was pissed at Kayaba, both for him keeping her trapped in this game like a caged animal, and for removing her weapon skill. She no longer had her claws, the weapons she had relied on for her entire time in the game. Luckily the system had let her change her skill points over and change her demonic to fit her new weapon type. So she still had her demonic, but it wasnt the same. Now she had a katana. It wasnt the instinctive and elegant weapon that she had had before. It was elegant, but it's elegance came from discipline and precision, not instinct and ferocity. She placed her hand around the handle of the weapon where it was attached to her side. The cool of the handle was the same. It was comforting. It was still her baby, even if it had a different form. She continued walking until she saw a figure in the distance. She walked towards them until she could see that it was a very attractive female, inspecting what appeared to be white fur. It was rare to see someone out without any armor or anything, so she wandered towards the woman. "Hey, whats up?" She called out to the cute woman, keeping her hand off of her weapon so that she would appear less threatening. She knew how nervous some low level players could get when out of the safe zone.

"Brr"

As she stood there in the snow partially hunched over putting the wolf skin into her inventory she then began to shuffles her hands through the snow before giving a rather startled sneeze. The cold wasn't uncomfortably painful at the moment, but it was clearly getting to her as she wasn't fully equipped to remain perfectly insulated through the wintry domain. This floor was quite discomforting to those players who hadn't been properly dressed or prepared. The happy song playing through her heads till she heard a voice that was speaking up form behind her. A rather startled chirp like a bird escaped her lips as she now twirled about to peek at the woman who had appeared behind her.

"Wait what when did you get there I thought?"

Rin nervously looked back and forth through the wilderness before realizing she wasn't appearing hostile, nor did she have a red cursor which meant she hadn't been pking anyone recently. Although that could just mean that she was lurking for someone weak and feeble to prey upon. No stop, I'm sure she's just out and about wondering why I'm out here or just adventuring. A rather meek wave shook back and forth to greet her.

"I'm sorry that isn't a way to greet someone that I just met, I'm Rin what exactly are you doing out here? I just have been looking for materials - no luck now though sadly."

ID: 66769 LD: 7+1=8 Nothing

Edited by Rin

Hakai smiled at the other girl, who was acting just as expected. People were pretty nervous lately after the recent player killings. You rarely found anyone who didn’t have their guard up when they met a stranger anymore. It used to be that the community of players was pretty nice. Everyone was very helpful, and still was, but most people had mental walls up now. It just took a while to break those down and earn their trust. She gave the woman a confident wave back in reply to her meek one before reaching a hand out. “Im looking for a challenge. Im a fighter, and I can see from your gear that you’re either a gatherer or new to fighting.” She truly respected gatherers, they had what was probably one of the most boring jobs in the game, when they weren’t dungeon hunting. To tell the truth she had only ever seen one person who had chosen that route, and that was Dav. He was bored with it though and spent most of his time just hanging out now. She could understand that. If this person was truly a gatherer she wanted to be on their good side though. She’d be a very useful ally and friend. “You don’t need to worry about me. Im just looking for some monsters, not players. My build makes it so that I cant really duel anyone. I cant control it, so anyone I fight could get unlucky and die right there.” She explained cryptically, not planning to explain any further. “It’s never happened though, because im careful.”

ID#: 66808

LD: 6 Fail

Edited by Hakai

Rin's merely watched the other girl, her form was a beautiful one, she herself had more a dreary emo appearance particularly with her hair being tucked right across her eyes. A slight blush now gracing her cheeks, either from the cold whether or the fact that she wasn't really expecting other players to be sneaking around on the fourth floor wonderland. As the talk was getting into the more combat oriented field she merely nodded seeing that the world was still battle focus. She now stood back up as she nibbled her tongue that was barely peaking out of her mouth before she mumbled.

"Umm well if you want to help me out, I could use someone sorta body-guarding me as I keep up my search for materials. I'm practicing and searching for different furs as I'm a tailor and while I would just kill mobs - I'm not exactly equipped for combat if you hadn't already expected as much from my rather plain clothes."

She glanced down to her feet sadly as she realized that it was rather painful to be watching over someone who wasn't even capable of healing you. Perhaps she should have been oriented more toward that role but she enjoyed the idea of searching around for precious cargo. 

"Anyway, I should really introduce myself. Rin"

Her own hand reaching out to look a bit more confident, her own body and arms trembling though as she was freezing down to her feet and was nervous. Her eyes still wandered even while greeting her as she was searching for anything else.

ID: 66812 LD: 11+1=12

Edited by Rin

She nodded to the woman, shaking her hand firmly before letting going and placing a hand on her katana. Might as well be a bit melodramatic, might make it all a bit more fun. She smirked on the inside, before unsheathing her katana and getting onto one knee, holding her sword up to Rin. “In that case I pledge my sword to you for this venture.” She stated in a serious voice, not looking up at her. She waited a few moments before standing up and sheathing her sword again. She almost immediately thought better of it and unsheathed it again a few seconds later. “I know of a few good placed for gathering. One place requires a very very high search and detect skill, which I doubt that you have. You’d also need quite a bit of search enhancing equipment, which I doubt you have either.” She paused for a moment. “I know a place on this floor that we can head to. It’s a bit dangerous, but I don’t think that it’ll be too hard to deal with. You just hang back and gather materials and I’ll fight the enemies. It’s a win-win.” She said with her signature smirk and wink. She was looking forward to stabbing some frost giants. It’d be a good chance to test out her new weapon skills. She had heard that monsters had gotten a ton harder after the update, so she was looking forward to testing her mettle as well. She was looking for a challenge, but she wasn’t about to go up against anything too hard.

Rin's eyes widened as she dropped to one knee, it almost appeared to her like she was about to profess a profound love at first only to be followed by a vow of protection. Her face glowed red from the sudden signs that the girl before her was offering up, a her services as if she was some sort of knight pledging her sword for some fair maiden who was to weak to protect herself. A rather flustered reaction now taking over as she frantically waved her arms back and forth only growing more and more embarrassed by the display. It felt like something her previous boy friend honestly would have done just to get her worked up and steamy.  After she stopped the rather embarrassing display Rin began to check their surroundings as she was hoping no other random players would have seen that and mistook it. 

"P-please don't do things like that - I umm."

She gulped nervously biting at her lower lip uncertain if it was a good idea to keep contemplating this adventure with her current partner. At the least she promised to keep her safe and the sign seemed sincere, unless somehow this was all just to deceive her. It could very well be an elaborate scheme to take her out into the deeper remote areas of this fourth floor. 

"I umm just want to make sure - how can I be certain that you secretly wouldn't just leave me out to die?"

Hakai grinned widely as she observed the womans reaction to her little dramatic action. She was very cute, especially when she was flustered. "How can I be certain that you arent bait for a player killer guild?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "Or be certain that Kayaba wont get bored with this whole affair and shut it all down? Nothing is certain cutie. You have to live to accept that. Every action you take endangers your life from the smallest thing to the largest. Deal with it.” She stated, reaching out and giving the woman a little gentle boop on the shoulder. “Come on, lets get going. Im heading there with or without you.” She smiled once again and started to walk away from Rin and towards the mountains in the distance. Fighting was her forte, not persuasion. She doubted that the girl had enough inner strength to follow. She seemed like the sort that never took risks and hated even making choices. Maybe she had gotten the wrong impression. Maybe the girl wasn’t a wimp. Regardless, Hakai’s views weren’t about to change until she was proven wrong.

As Hakai grinned she merely mewled and nibbled her lip more feeling awkward now about this woman as she wasn't certain what her deal was acting all chivalrous toward another female. As she accused her though she began to freak out more as her round about way of turning her own accusations of this girl against her was only causing more uncertainty to wrench in her gut in a uncomfortable fashion. Her rather unstable dance wobbling about like a drunkard would after exiting a bar she merely began to speak ever so softly.

"I still don't feel comfortable about this, you could have at least tried to reassure me nothing bad was going to happen on this adventure of ours. Or maybe just say, that you would rather die then see someone else get themselves killed before your eyes. But that would be rather selfish of me to ask for you to risk that much for a complete stranger."

As she peeked back up Hakai was already had wandered a fair distance away from her, her own stomach merely groaning as she began to sprint off through the snow. Her own voice now whining out rather pathetically like a stray kitten attempting to follow a possible new owner. The rather feline like girl mewling as she ran up to behind Hakai defensively grasping her arm and peeking out from behind her shoulder. As she leaned against her it would become clear that she was also freezing and leaching off some of the girl's body warmth.

"H-hey don't leave me alone out here!"

Hakai smiled as she felt the woman grip onto her arm. It seemed as though she had already made some sort of attachment to her, and she was interested to see how far that might progress. She felt the woman shivering and paused, bringing her inventory up. She pulled out a brown leather coat and then handed it to Rin, closing her HUD shortly after. "Here. You seem very cold." She said with a smile, continuing to walk in silence. It only lasted for a moment or two. "I heard what you said back there. When i pledge my sword I pledge my life. My sword is my life, i wouldnt be me without it." She stated seriously before continuing to walk. It wouldnt be long before they reached the frost giants, where the materials were plentiful, and so were the mobs. She only planned to hang on the outskirts though, where the enemies would be manageable, likely only come at her one at a time, or maybe two. She needed to gauge how much stronger the enemy had become since the update.

Rin's teeth chattered as she continued to grip the rather peculiar traveling partner with till she felt her moving about, she naturally let go as it was rather rude of her to first question and then partially immobilize her left arm with her freezing form. As she finagled through her inventory she blinked seeing a rather warm looking leather coat appear before the pair slowly shaking her head as she had already been pledged protection against monsters could she really impose for clothing as well? Rin's own body and hands quickly answered the kind gesture though as she quickly worked herself into the leather coat mewling ever so pleasantly as she started to feel it insulate her form. Unfortunately she didn't ask for it at the beginning so she would have to naturally let her body work to heat herself back up for warmth to be actually kept it but it was comforting. That wasn't the only thing she had to say though, as she mentioned that her very weapons was her life Rin began to blink rather curious of what she meant. Although her prior talk would make it sound like that she believes the reason one lives in here is their own ability to defend and fight for their own life.

"Thank you for the coat,"

Rin mumbled rather embarrassed that as a tailor in training she probably had the smallest wardrobe in the game since she hadn't even sat down in her shop to start discovering how the marketing district worked. As the continued along their way through the snowy landscape Rin kept her mouth shut thought not quite certain of how to add to this conversation with this mystery woman, still keeping her eyes peeled for any and all materials that were about along the way. Sadly under all the snow it was impossible to find anything useful for her profession.

ID: 66845 LD: 4+1=5 

Edited by Rin

Hakai glanced at the woman, feeling almost like a mother to her even though they were likely the same age. Rin just seemed lost in the world, and Hakai was resisting the urge to commit to taking care of her/guiding her. She frowned momentarily. She was very much like a lamb, although she sounded like a kitten sometimes. Her hand reached down to grasp the handle of her katana, which she had sheathed when they had started walking. It was a subconscious movement, one that she wasnt even aware of until she realized that her hand was gripping the weapon. She always did it when she felt uncomfortable, scared, or torn. She released her grip before immediately grasping it again, rythmically releasing the hilt of the blade and then gripping it again as she thought. She could give the woman her material hunting gear, it wasnt like she ever used it, but then she risked making an actual attachment to her. Well, more of an attachment than that brief hug and her giving of the coat. She would wait. They approached the spawning area, an area directly in front of the mountains and a canyon that led into them. Every now and then a mob would wander out, who Hakai would destroy. As she thought this, a giant blue humanoid emerged from the canyon, carrying a giant hammer and wearing a ton of armor. She unsheathed her weapon and glanced over to Rin. "Just gather some stuff and dont get in the way. This is extremely dangerous, so just stay out of the way." She stated before rushing in and slicing into the creature seven times before ending with a vertical slice. She hopped back to check out the health bar. It was certainly hurt, but she wasnt even halfway through it's healthbar. She could do it, but she was just the tiniest bit nervous. This was a lot stronger of a mob than she had ever fought solo before.

ID# 66850 results:

Battle: 7 Hit! San Ge: 8x7x2= 112-37 (mit)= 75 DMG

MOB: 2

(OOC: Ill control the mob, you just search for mats.Technically your part of the fight, but ill have all the hate so it wont matter)

Hakai: 440/440 8/22 | Mit: 27 | EVA: 3 | Blight: 2 Envenom: 2 |

Frost Giant: 145/220 | Mit: 37 | Attack: 40 | (-75 DMG)

Edited by Hakai

Rin let out a soft mews as she now watched as the woman beside her who was already skilled beyond her own belief as she stared out into the pure white snow, she could hardly believe anything out there could be dangerous to them. However, like clockwork the Cardinal system decided to throw something evil toward them, a large giant towering what felt like yards above their heads as Rin squealed and began to take cover away from Hakai knowing full well that she wasn't going to be able to fight something that large. Her eyes glimmered with fear as she shivered be hind the base of an evergreen tree. As she looked back she then began to reach out and whsiper silently attempting to get Hakai.

"Psst, c-come on we can't really fight things like that lets just run while it isn't hungry and looking at us -"

Before her own nervous sentence could be finished she yelped watching as the other woman before her quickly gripped the blade in her hand and slashed it through the torso of the giant causing nearly a third of the foe's health to disappear. As s he spied the spawning frost giant she cold only imagine what the poor creature was thinking, perhaps it to was someone in this game just recycled. She winced and closed her eyes as she turned her back on the fight.

"Just go look for materials Rin that is what she told you to do after all, please stay safe."

She whimpered weakly as she shot her one more glance backwards toward the combat as she began to crawl forward through the snow. As she shuffled through the snow she squealed feeling her body now slide down into what must have been an old fox den now whining ever so faintly attempting to make sure they were returning and to check if Hakai was still doing fine.

ID: 66789 LD: 1+1

Edited by Rin

The other girl was both hopeless and helpless. To tell the truth it was quite cute. She had just witnessed the girl fall through the snow into some sort of hole. There was likely an exit to wherever she had fallen close by, but Hakai doubted the girl would find it before she was done fighting this enemy. Still, the fight would take quite a while, so it was quite possible. She didnt attack this time, instead allowing the giant to attempt it's attack. She dodged the giant hammer easily, and the hammer smashed into the ground, shaking the earth on impact. She hopped back a few paces as she waited for her energy to regenerate a little bit. She hated waiting for energy to come back, but she couldnt always rely on her damage over time effects. Especially not with enemies this strong. She didnt want to take chances, so she would attempt to always throw her strongest attack at the enemy.

ID# 66880 results:

MOB: 4 Miss

Hakai: 440/440 29/44 | Mit: 27 | EVA: 3 | Blight: 2 Envenom: 2 |

Frost Giant: 145/220 | Mit: 37 | Attack: 40 | (-75 DMG

Edited by Hakai

Rin's whined as she began to squirm about with the fox's den now wiggling about till suddenly she yelped falling a bit deeper into the hole till she found a slightly more open area. As she shuffled down she looked about the small hole peeking about to see that it had been rather spacious she was quite honestly shocked by the sheer amount of room that the video game creatures had made for themselves. She curled up and now smiled seeing how comforting this den was she began to curl up herself finding what must have been some white rabbit fur that they scavenged for their children must have been abandoned since they had no children. Rin's hands slowly reached down and grabbed the pelt dropping it into her own inventory as she was quite happy to find more materials.

"Umm I wonder exactly how well she is doing out there where do you get out of this exactly."

She grumbled weakly now crawling deeper into the small tunnel as she watched more snow falling down into the entrance as she slowly began to pass through it. She frankly wasn't certain where this would let off but hopefully it would lead her back up to the surface when she got out. Crawling forward as she found a small opening that was also covered with ice just.

ID: 66882 LD: 17+1=18

Edited by Rin

ID# 66886 results:

Battle: 8 Hit! Envenom activated, San ge: 8x14= 112-37=75 DMG

MOB: 4

Hakai smiled at the giant. He was so slow and weak, he almost deserved the damage he was taking. She raised her katana again and sprinted in, using the same sword art as before, her blade slashing through the enemy's torso. This time was slightly different from the last however. This time the red lines that usually appeared after an attack were neon green and making a sizzling noise. She smirked. This was pretty much over already, especially because of the poison effect. At this stage her poison didnt do a ton, but it passed through mitigation and did reliable damage once activated. Soon it would be her strongest asset though. She just needed to reach tier two. She jumped back once again to give herself room to dodge the giant's next attack. These enemies were certainly more difficult, presenting much more of a challenge than before. They were nothing that she couldnt handle though, and she absolutely loved the added challenge they presented.

Hakai: 440/440 16/44 | Mit: 27 | EVA: 3 | Blight: 2 Envenom: 2 |

Frost Giant: 64/220 | Mit: 37 | Attack: 40 |   [Envenom: 3/4] (-75, -6 (envenom)

Edited by Hakai

Rin glinked and watched as the Giant's foot then stomped down upon the ice as she shrieked startled and slipping back down  into the hole as a loud squeal would now sound out form underneath. That wasn't the place she wanted that exit to lead out from at all as she now began to shimmy back down as if she was Santa coming down the chimney with great  care. Whimpering ever so softly as she now closed her eyes and shuddered in fear. Shh calm down, that giant will surely be dead in no time at all I mean you saw that lady who was pledging her fealty or what not to keep you safe. She had a pretty sword that surely will cut it down into ribbons.Hiding beneath the snow and the ground of the giant monster she now peered up to see it breaking through the ice as it's foot   seemingly got lodged into the exit. She raised both her leather covered arms up to block the ice shards that now barreled down into her face. A rather  frightened mewl would now begin to silently be muffled by the giant's foot. It was loud enough that the girl fighting it above ground probably would be a bit confused why such a sound was coming from beneath it. Although it wouldn't be to long since she had realized her friend had fallen through the snow and was now working her way through the network of tunnels.

"D-doesn't look like they left anything else down here, I really hope that she kills that sing soonish it's getting a bit claustrophobic in here."

ID: 66889 LD: 7+1

Edited by Rin

ID# 66898 results:

MOB: 4 Miss

Hakai frowned as she heard a very loud frightened mewl coming from below the snow. She sighed. Rin had somehow managed to get underneath where the giant was. Hakai sprinted back, away from the canyon, and the giant followed, until they were a good hundred feet from where the mewl had come from. What a silly girl. Still, Hakai couldnt help smiling at Rin's plight. It was kind of cute for some reason. She raised her katana again just as the giant swung it's club. She had spent too much time leading it away to attack this turn, so instead she rolled to the side, the club hitting the ground where she had just been and shaking the earth again. She hoped that Rin had found ehr way out of the tunnels by now, although either way she would be done with this gigantic smurf in a bit.

Hakai: 440/440 17/44 | Mit: 27 | EVA: 3 | Blight: 2 Envenom: 2 |

Frost Giant: 58/220 | Mit: 37 | Attack: 40 |   [Envenom: 3/4]

Edited by Hakai

As she sat beneath the snow she began to hear the frost giants clunky steps now were wandering farther away from her own steps as she slowly crawled back out from the fox den her nose twitching ever so slightly. She nibbled her bottom lip now as she peeked out like a prairie dog from the snow to see Hakai still fighting of with the giant her eyes growing wide eyed as she realized just how safe it felt down there. A few gestures would be made toward Hakai if she was paying attention, she began to point back down into the hole as her head began to sink back down she slowly curled up and waited for Hakai to basically finish off the fight as she comfortably nuzzled into the ground, down here it was at least a bit warmer since the cold wind wasn't whipping across her cheek. A rather soft purr sounding from her lips as she now closed her eyes sighing.

"Well at least she is doing well even if this is going to be a long battle. Although I must admit this is quite terrifying even if this was what their lives were suppose to be down here in Sword Art Online."

She sighed closing her eye sand nestling into the dirt, as she winced feeling something prodding into her back a giant rock that she grumbled and tossed out of the hole away from the fight as she went back to closing her eyes feeling rather tired.

ID: 66905 LD: 10+1=11

Edited by Rin

ID# 66911 results:

MOB: 7-3=4 Miss

Hakai glanced back over to where she had heard the scared mewling to see Rin motioning to her that she was going to go back to hide in the hole. She sighed to herself. The girl truly was hopeless. As long as Hakai had the hate, the creature couldnt touch Rin, even if it had the emotional quota to desire to do that. She glanced back at the giant and easily sidestepped the next blow of the hammer, not bothering to attack. She wanted to let her poison do a little bit more damage before she finished the creature off. She gripped her katana more firmly, already starting to become used to the weapon. She seemed to be doing quite a bit more damage with the katana than she had been with her claws. The sword arts must be a lot better. She supposed that Kayaba had just been too lazy to revise wild dance and ahd instead deleted it.

Hakai: 440/440 18/44 | Mit: 27 | EVA: 3 | Blight: 2 Envenom: 2 |

Frost Giant: 52/220 | Mit: 37 | Attack: 40 |   [Envenom: 1/4]

Edited by Hakai