PP F1: Secret Medicine of the Forest

Esther watched, as Lowenthal burried his face in his hands. A look of worry fell across her features. Was he ok? He seemed to be perfectly fine before, was this just him being frustrated, bored? Esther couldn't blame him. They had been out here for a few hours now - and he was constantly fighting, what was Esther doing? Playing around in the dirt...picking mushrooms and being an all around useless asset to the quest. She sighed, feeling guilty. 

Whatever ailed Lowenthal, seemed to stop - as he swung at the last remaining Nepent, destroying it in a single strike. "Eh? OH!" Esther laughed awkwardly, realising she was staring. "Y-yeh. I'll be alright. I'll just keep trying to find materials...or something." Esther turned on her heel, and picked up the two ores she had already obtained. Placing them safely in her inventory. Next - she thought she'd try to pick some more of these mushrooms, mushrooms...Lycan said they were pretty versatile in potions right?  "Almost...." Esther tried to pick a mushroom, but once again, had accidently ripped off its cap. Leaving the stalk firmly in the ground. "Gosh Darnit."

ID: 68427 LD: 2

Edited by Esther
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowenthal turned, and walked over to Esther. "You sure about that? Cause, you sound kinda hesitant." Lowenthal said, prodding at the subject. He wondered what was on the woman's mind. If only for a brief moment, as he felt a pressure on the side of his head. Lowenthal was thrown aside, as a sticky vine connected with the side of his head. The variant nepent spawn hadn't changed, and the pair had rarely moved since the last one. The luck of it all. The Nepent screeched over Esther, ready to claim it's prize. It raised one of it's tentacles, and began to swing.

"Oh no you don't!" Lowenthal said, pressing his dagger into the side of the variant as he threw his body into it interrupting it's attack on Esther and pushing it aside. Lowenthal removed his dagger, and quickly stepped back retreating from the now flailing Nepent varaint. A large red grid pattern was visable across the left side of Lowenthal's face, the obvious sign of damage. "What is that now, three times I've come to your rescure?" Lowenthal joked. "You make quite the damsel, I dare say." He jested further before readying himself. His first attack didn't kill it in one go, but it's attack ignored all of his mitigation. Quite the variant indeed.

ID: 68429  BD:7 MD: 10

HP List

Lowe:

• 630/640 HP
  • 64/64 Energy(- from missed attack. +2 from Recovery)

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

Nepent Varaint:

• 8/15 | -7HP (12 dmg-5 Mitigation)

Esther blinked when Lowenthal came to check on her. "O-oh...yeh...I'm fine It was you I was worried about." Esther turned her body fully toward him so she could peer into his eyes. "Mmm...you had your head in your hands before. I thought maybe you were getting a headache from all this battling. We've been at it a while now- and Whoa!" Esther stepped back, only to find her back against a tree trunk. The Nepent Variant flung Lowenthal to the side, "L..Lowe!" The Nepent hovered over her, big dollops of drool dripping from pursed lips. "Oh god....oh god that's disgusting...."

Then, just before it had managed to wrap its tendrils around Esther, Lowenthal dashed forward pressing his dagger into its side. Such a simple action had almost wiped out the Nepent. Lowenthal had damage, his cheek grazed. "Oh..oh no...Lowe...." Esther felt a sudden pang of guilt tug at her chest, maybe it would've been best if they didn't take this quest. "I'll make it up to you...." she mumbled - watching as Lowenthal turned to take another swing at the variant. 

Lowenthal tried to keep his blade light, but it was all for naught. His knife entered the variant, and it soon exploded into blue crystals. And with no loot window approaching, Lowenthal again feared the worst. He had not received the drop needed to complete the quest. Maybe it was because he vastly outleveled the mobs here, or that he's already completed the quest before. "Seriously? Again with the no drops?" Lowenthal said, kicking the dirt where the variant was. "And I was trying to hold back too, sheesh." Lowenthal admitted, really not wanting to spend another couple of hours trying to complete the quest. "Are you sure that you need this quest completed?" Lowenthal asked, rubbing the back of his head.

ID: 68431  BD:10

HP List

Lowe:

• 630/640 HP
  • 64/64 Energy(- from missed attack. +2 from Recovery)

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

Nepent Variant:

• 0/15 | -9HP (12 dmg-5 Mitigation)

As Lowenthal obliterated the nepent and started complaining that once again - they didn't get the drop. Esther turned away, feeling guilty... "K-kinda...I mean....I guess we don't need to finish it if you don't want to. I just - I feel bad having you here,  I feel like I'm stealing all your attention."

Esther approached Lowenthal, just a few feet away from him she reached out to cup his injured cheek. Her thumb grazing over his wound. "You're hurt..." Her eyes were filled with concern as they glanced from the red pixelated gash to Lowe. "Does it...I mean....is it painful?" She asked, stepping closer. "Is there anything I can do to help? You've been so kind to me."

She paused, biting her lower lip, trying to think of something, anything to help. "I got food, we can take a break and I'll make sure you're well fed?" Esther managed to laugh. "Heck, I'll even hand feed you if you want."

Lowenthal reached up and touched his cheek. "Oh, is there a mark? Didn't think it hit hard enough to leave one." Lowenthal laughed out. "And no, it doesn't hurt. In SAO there is no pain, more like a pressure or sensation alerting you that you've been hit or taken some damage." Lowenthal said, trying to explain it all. "And as for the break, you can have one if you'd like. I'm gonna get this quest done." Lowenthal said, spinning his kunai on one finger. "I mean, what kind of dashing hero would I be if I quit in the face difficulty? A true hero stands tall. He's stout and brave, never giving in to the pressures around him." Lowenthal said, striking a pose. "Besides, here I was thinking I was wasting your time." Lowenthal said, chuckling. "Well, back to the grind stone I guess." Lowenthal said, taking a few steps foreward to generate more Nepents.

HP List

Spoiler

Lowe:

• 640/640 HP
  • 64/64 Energy

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

Nepent:

• 7/7
  • 7/7
  • 7/7
  • 7/7

•  

Lowenthal laugehed as Esther bought up his wound. She stared at him with brows furrowed, thick glossy lips pursed into a pout. "Yeh. I get that pain isn't a thing, I mean... I kinda get it.." She glanced away, lowering her hand. "I mean - isn't it a little odd...being able to feel everything but pain. Does that mean that someone can take away that limitation and make people feel pain?" Esther shook her head. "That's a very scary thought." 

More nepents began to appear from the depths of the forest, and Lowenthal grinned, stating he'd have a break after the battle. "If that's the case. Lowenthal...then I shall go back to material hunting, and we will take our break together, ok!" Esther smiled. "Good luck." She took a few steps back, so she wouldn't be in the way of his battle - if she was going to be of any use - she'd have to focus hard on gathering the materials. She had to admire Lowenthal, she was glad...they were both worried about the same thing, the boredom of the other, but Esther was enjoying herself.

Lowenthal scratched the back of his head. "That thought, is kind of worrisome. But I'm sure the only person who could do just that, would be Kayaba. And if he hasn't activated it yet, then I doubt he will." Lowenthal said, shrugging his shoulders.

Lowenthal pushed the thought of pain being the only thing he could feel to the back of his mind as he tried to focus on combat. As long as his attacks made contact, he could conserve energy. Lowenthal dashed forward, his kunai digging into one of the Nepents. It fell quickly, turning into crystals. Lowenthal could feel it this time. This time, he'd definitely get it done. He'd get that damn variant Nepent to drop what they'd need, just like he said.

HP LIST

ID: 68664 BD:8 CD:12

Spoiler

Lowe:

• 640/640 HP
  • 64/64 Energy -1/+3

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

Nepent:

• 0/7(LD:8)
  • 7/7
  • 7/7
  • 7/7

•  
  • 2 weeks later...

As the battle waged on, digital plant vs digital human. How long had they been at this now? This was the third wave of nepents.....their sickly grinning teeth, their big red lips. The drool that oozed down in big dollops. Esther shivered. "Bleh..." She was glad she didn't have to deal with them, even if she could battle, even if she did have the will to fight. She doubted she'd be able to handle having that disgusting drool touch her.

"I hope so too." Esther finally muttered to Lowenthals comment about the pain limitations. "It's bad enough we are all trapped here, but being trapped....and feeling the pain of each battle...." She shook her head, not wanting to voice it further. "Mmm..." She offered him a unseen smile, as he was focused on the sways of sword against vine. "It's sad to think about, instead list food you like, I'll be sure to buy you some when we return to town. I love sweet things." She laughed, "I always put at least 5 teaspoons of sugar in my coffee."