PP F1: Secret Medicine of the Forest

The girl watched as Lowenthal started fighting the Nepent, at first, she was worried - she could feel her heart thud against her chest - and she wanted to scream look out as she watchd it bring back a giant tendril to strike at him. Before she was able to say anything he ducked under it, and made short work of the creature, before it could land a hit on Lowenthal, it had exploded in a sea of pixels.

"oh wow.. Lowe..." Esther breathed, reaching out to take the Material he had given her. "I don't know why I was so worried, gosh." She put the material away, thanking him as she did. Esther stood up, brushing off the sticks that stuck to her bare thighs. "My heart is pounding. I don't know why I was so worried. You took it down with one big glowing swishy move. I don't know how you handle doing that on a daily basis...you say its exciting...I think I am more ....grossed out than anything else..." Esther shook her head, "Look at it! It's a plant, and it has big giant red lips!" The woman visibly shivered. "I wouldn't want that thing kissing me goodnight. Bleh, I can't believe we need to fight...three more of them, plus an even bigger one. That thing was already twice my size. Are all mobs that big?" Esther asked.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowenthal shook his head. "No no no, some are even bigger than that. And some are even smaller. Like this guy." Lowenthal said, making a small whistle. From his jacket came a rustling noise, as a small dog leapt out from his jacket. "This is Ninken, my familiar." He said, introducing the two of them. Ninken gave a small yip as he leapt from Lowenthal's shoulder and onto the ground. "There's a lot like him in the world, but different species and abilities." Lowenthal said, keeping his dagger at the ready in case a few more Nepents decided that it was a good idea to jump them.

Lowenthal had Ninken take lead whilst the two walked. "Some more Nepents should come out any time now." He said, staring through the trees. "Ah, there's a few. Keep your distance, but try to stay close enough to make sure that I don't kill them for no reason." Lowenthal said, jogging to the Nepents ahead. A small cluster of three noticed the man approaching them, and readied themselves for battle. Lowenthal slid under the first Nepents attack, and dug his kunai into one. Effectively eliminating one of the three, and slid to a stop in front of the last one.

ID: 67256 BD: 7(6+1) CD: 8(+2 Energy from Recovery) LD: 20 MD: 0 (2-3)

HP List

Lowe:

• 640/640 HP
  • 64/64 Energy(- from missed attack. +2 from Recovery)

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

Nepent: x2

• 30/30 HP
  • 30/30 HP
  • 0/30 HP (LD: 20)

"Smaller?" Esther thought about the boars - and how odd it would  be to see a Nepent that size - but before she could let her mind wander any further Lowenthal whistled, then, out from his jacket - of all things - a small dog leapt out. "Oh my gosh!" Esther gushed in utter delight. "You can have pets in this game! I want one, how do you get one!? Ohh he's so cute! Hello Ninken..." Esther bent down and reached out to the dog. It licked her fingers and Esther giggled- scooping up the familiar in her arms to cuddle. She gave the puppy a tight squeeze as she stood, now following Lowenthal. "Gah...I want one, maybe not a dog but I want a cute fluffy thing to follow me around, aww..." She nuzzled into Ninken who barked with delight.

It wasn't long till they came across more Nepents.

"Oh gross!" Esther exclaimed, "Theres two  of them." She shuddered, before making a joke. "Ugh it's like one big sloppy kiss for each cheek." Lowenthal moved forward and Esther carefully followed, bouncing up and down on the spot a few feet away from him. "Go, go Lowe!" She cheered. "Go, GO LOWE!" The second time was louder, he was right, this was exhilarating. "Go on Ninken!" Esther said, as she placed the tiny dog on her head.

HP List

Lowe:

• 640/640 HP
  • 64/64 Energy(- from missed attack. +2 from Recovery)

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

• 30/30 HP
  • 30/30 HP
  • 0/30 HP (LD: 20)

Lowenthal grinned as his dagger sliced into another Nepent. This was, boring. The spark of fighting something was long gone now, and none of this stimulated it. Then again, he was level thirty and nut crushing two, on the first floor. The Nepent fell, bursting into pixels mere seconds after it's comrade. Behind him Lowenthal could hear his name being cheered, and something tingle around his ankle. Looking down, he noticed a green vine holding him firmly. "Huh, well that's kinda painful." Lowenthal said as he looked back up, and sighed as the Nepent did a whopping, single damage to him.

ID: 67257 BD: 7 (6+1) MD: 9 (Critical) CD: 3

HP List

Lowe:

• 639/640 HP
  • 61/64 Energy(-3 from Sword Art,+1 Natural Recovery)

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

• 30/30 HP
  • 0/30 HP (LD: 12)

Esther watched as Lowenthal fought, unlike him - she found it exciting. How easily he moved, how quickly his blade had sliced throuh the nepents, quickly making another fall. It was nothing short of amazing. Esther glanced down, in confusion, seeing this 'SP' thing go up in numbers. "Huh." She now had 8, she wasn't sure exactly what that meant - but it seemed like a good thing. Lowenthal's familiar barked, and started squirming, messing up Esther's hair. "Ah - ahahaha, ok, ok!" She pulled him off of her head and carefully sat him on the ground.

The dog ran around in excited circles at Esther's feet, every so often to stop and bark, then growl at the mobs that Lowenthal was fighting. Esther knelt down next to the dog. "Naw... its ok puppy. Lowe is absolutely amazing. He will beat them all in no time whatsoever." She glanced back up at Lowenthal, one of the Nepents vines had gripped his ankle tightly, it looked like it hurt and the girl winced - but Lowenthal, in all his amazing glory - barely took notice. If anything it just seemed like a mosquito bite. 

"really amazing..." Esther breathed in admiration. 

Lowenthal continued to stare at his foot as the vine 'tightened' it's grip. Apparently, the Nepent had Lowe exactly where it had wanted him. Lowenthal brought his wrapped foot back quickly, yanking the small creature towards him. Lowenthal completed his sword art again, and killed the Nepent in mid air. Lowenthal ran his hand through his hair. "Well, that was easy." Lowenthal said, turning back to Esther. "So, all we've got left is the big one, right?" Lowenthal said, losing track of how many of Nepents he had fought already. Lowenthal handed out two more materials he had just earned. "Here ya' go. Two more materials, just what the doctor ordered." Lowenthal joked.

ID: 67339 BD: 6(1 Accuracy + Concentration) CD: 12(+2 Energy from Recovery) MD: 0(3-3 evasion)

HP List

Lowe:

• 639/640 HP
  • 61/64 Energy(-3 from Sword Art,+3 Energy)

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

• 0/30 HP (LD: 17)
  • 0/30 HP (LD: 12)

Lowenthal quickly finished off the Nepent, as he turned to face her Esther gave him a little golf clap. "Yee! Congratulations. That was amazing." He handed her more materials, and Esther's eyes widened, as she took them. "A...ah thank you.." He was being so kind throughout this whole ordeal, she had to figure out some way to help repay him. Dinner? Materials? No that was stupid, he was the one giving them to her - he clearly had no real need for them. Maybe she could make him potions? Esther nodded. Determined. "I'm going to make all the wonderful potions for you Lowenthal Then I can be the nurse!"  She added in a joking tone, laughing alone with his joke.

Esther opened up her HUD, and - with some effort and confusion, managed to find the active quest. "Ahh.. yes...the Nepent Varient? If we're lucky enough it will drop the Ovule thing we need, but if not - then does that mean we have to start all over and fight more of those things?" Esther asked, concern in her voice. "I mean..I'm happy that you're helping, but I don't want to be too much of a burden to you, Lowe." Esther paused, realising that she had just given him a nickname, without his permission. "Oh! Is it ok if I call you that?" 

Lowental nodded happily as Esther took the materials from him. "No issue. I found that being a tailor was quite boring. After everyone gets what they need, business slowed to a halt. Then, no need for me to craft anymore. Unless..." Lowenthal said, now in thought. "I could make you some armor. It could help you later on, when you'll be needing the buffs to luck or some armor if luck should fail you." Lowenthal said, offering his services. Then she offered her services to him, calling herself a nurse. Lowe's mind drifted to fantasy, Esther all dressed up in off pink scrubs. Lowenthal shook his head quickly, and regained control of his thoughts. "N-No matter!" He cheered, blushing. "I'm more than certain that the beast will drop what we need. There shall be no issue of that, I assure you." Lowenthal said.

"A tailor! OH! Yes!" The young woman stepped forward, clasping Lowenthals' hands in her own, her eyes wide. "Please Lowe? Please?" She squeezed his hands tighter. "I was thinking of getting stuff that would help increase my luck with material drops. Since I don't have enough ESh Peeh to do anything with skills yet." She glanced down at his hands, and inwardly cursed herself. There she goes again....getting too grabby and touchy with people. "Oh geez.." She let his hands go. "Sorry, sorry I have a bad habbit of doing that~"

to take a few steps away from Lowenthal. "Tell ya what. Next time I do that, punish me with a bop on the head." With another spin, Esther gave him a cheeky grin, and a wink as she bopped her self on the head. "Boop. Like so."   She took another step back, and as she did - she stepped on a 'vine' it made a squelching sound. "Eh?" Esther glanced down, to see it wrap around her ankle. The sensation was a mild tingling as it tightened it's grip. "Uhm..Lowe-WHOA!"

The Nepent Varient had pulled Esther up into the air - she hung upside down - swaying side to side. "LET ME DOWN, LET ME DOWN!" She screamed, thankful she wasn't wearing a skirt. 

Lowenthal almost regretted telling her about being a tailor. Her eyes shined, and she gripped his hands tightly. Lowenthal laughed. "Yeah, I think I could do that. I'll need some materials of my own though, so here's hoping that we can find a few more materials." Lowenthal said, rubbing his wrists. "Bad habit of what? Getting excited?" Lowenthal asked, shrugging his shoulders. Lowe's face turned a beet red as she mentioned to 'punish' her.

Lowenthal turned around, trying to hide his blush. "Alright then, now to find that variant." Lowenthal squinted his eyes, trying to spot anything. "Now where could it be?" Lowenthal asked himself. He could hear Esther saying his name behind him. "What now?" Lowenthal said, turning around to see Esther now dangling from the sky.

"Esther!" Lowenthal called out, as a large vine slapped him across his chest, sending him scuttling back a few feet. Lowenthal rolled backwards onto his feet, sliding to a stop. Lowenthal rushed forwards and attacked the Nepent Variant.And quickly killed it. It shattered to crystals, and Esther dropped. Lowenthal quickly stashed his dagger, and caught Esther as she fell. "Hello M'lady. Nice of you to drop by." Lowenthal said, setting Esther down onto the ground.

ID: 67562 BD: 8(7+1) LD: 12 (No Nepent Drop) MD: 4(7-3) CD: 11 (+2 Energy)

HP List

Lowe:

• 639/640 HP

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

Nepent Variant

• 0/15 HP
  • Mit: 5
  • Damage per Attack: 10
    Nepent Variant ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 10

Esther fell as the Nepent Variant disappeared in an angry shower of red pixels. Before she could literally face-plant the woodland floor, Lowenthal caught her. That was lucky. 

She stared at him, her arms looped around his neck. "I suppose I need to figure out a really good way to repay you for all this huh?" Esther mused. Seeing Lowenthal once again completely annihilate the Nepent Variant with little to no effort made Esther  feel a little guilty, she had chosen to not take up any sort of weapon or blade - and it was clearly going to be a hindrance to anyone who chose to hang around her. Still, at this point, this was the path she had chosen. Esther pulled her lilac hair out of her face and offered her companion a laugh at his joke. "I suppose I couldn't help but fall for you this time around!!" She replied with one of her own.

She wanted to continue their conversation about the armor, "You need materials? You've given me some already - why don't I just give them back? Would that help? I also have a bunch of Col...I don't know which would be more beneficial to you though. I'm a little clueless with the economy here." He questioned her on her 'bad habit' and Esther corrected him. "mmm, more so being so touchy-touchy with people. I don't exactly have any personal space - and forget that others do." She lifted her shoulders in a shrug, "I've never really been one to get too emotionally attached to just one person, I find myself attached to lots of people, and just want to express that." It was the first time she was able to clearly explain it to someone in Aincrad, not having the chance to do so earlier. It felt both relieving and terrified to admit it, so she wanted to shift the conversation.

"That was the one we needed right?" Esther asked, "Did we get the thing we needed?" 

Lowenthal shrugged, and open his menu checking to see if he had any quest items. "Ahhh, seems not likely. Oh well, gotta kill more of the things I guess to spawn another variant, nothing to terrible." Lowenthal explained, as he took a quick peek around. "Well, I don't mind it if a pretty woman like yourself rubs themselves on me. I mean, that's basically how I netted Shizuka back at home." Lowenthal said, just now mentioning his soon to be wife. If he ever got the courage to ask her that is. "So anyway, back to the grind, I guess." Lowenthal said, spinning his kunai in hand.

After a short walk, another few Nepents leaped from the bushes. Before they could react, lowenthal had already cut one of them down with a quick swipe. One down, three more to go.

ID: 67669 BD: 8 MD: 2

HP List

Lowe:

• 639/640 HP

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

Nepent: x3

• 0/7 HP (LD: 1)
  • 7/7 HP (LD: )
  • 7/7 HP (LD: )

The man seemed distracted, shrugging off her comments about her personal relationships, and her offer to return the materials to him. Esther felt a little concerned, granted she had only really just met the man today - but he didn't seem like the kind of person to ignore conversation, (unlike Arc) he seemed like the type of person who genuinely enjoyed it. Esther was just about to ask him why, and if he was ok - but his next comment answered her query. They failed in getting the Ovule.

:Y-you mean we have to do that all over again?" Esther said, a little exasperated. "You're working so hard Lowenthal...isn't there anything I can do to help?" she asked, watching as he glanced around - dashing toward the next wave of Nepents that had made themselves known. Esther smiled softly at his comment. It seemed he had someone special to him. It didn't bother Esther in the slightest- rather it made her happy that he had someone to fight for. "I'm glad." She whispered, watching as the Nepent fell down.

"With you here, we'll get this done in no time."

HP List

Lowe:

• 639/640 HP

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

Lowenthal continued to attack the nepents. They crumbled like paper under his blade. As another one fell, he turned to Esther. "Working hard? I'm basically flailing my arms about like noodles, and they come running in." Lowenthal said, as the two other Nepents missed in their attacks. "Well, as far as something goes. You could try finding some naturally grown materials? Just try to stay safe, okay." Lowenthal said, returning to his 'battle'.

ID: 68134 BD: 6[4+1+1Concentration] MD: 3 CD: 5

HP List

Lowe:

• 639/640 HP
  • 59/64 Energy(-3 from Sword Art,+1 Energy)

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

• 0/7 HP (LD: 20)

(Lowe that's not 150 :P )

Esther watched as Lowenthal struck another Nepent - they couldn't stand a single one of his attacks - each one being sliced through like a knife through delicious butter. Esther felt a little foolish, just standing around watching him, but it really was a marvel to behold. To have a front row seat to someone who was so incredibly powerful. Esther wondered what other monsters on higher floors would have been like. Would Lowenthal be able to cut through them just as easily as these nepents? 

Was this more of a bore for him?

Esther pursed her lips, feeling that she was more of a  burden to Lowenthal than he let on. Still, he joked, and suggested she go material hunting in the meantime. Esther gave a short, firm nod. She'd have to at least try and be useful while he did all the grunt work. Esther turned on her heel, and knelt down beside some strange mushrooms. She went to pick one up, but it was rooted deeper than she thought, and Esther ended up snapping off its cap. Rendering it virtually useless. "Well dumplings..." she muttered to herself.

ID:68148  LD: 10 

Edited by Esther

Where the hell was that AoE move from his skill set? Did the game remove? Why? He kept looking in his list of sword arts, a few of the numbers had changed as well. "God, dammit." He swore aloud, talking to himself. This entire thing would've been done so much sooner if he still had that AoE attack. He gave out a frustrated sigh. Esther was lucky that Lowe found her so damned cute. If it were just some other nobody who refused to fight, he would've let them be and ignored them. But would he really? Lowenthal snapped back to reality as the remaining two Nepents attacked.

The two Nepents lept at him simultainasly, lunging for his face. Lowenthal reacted in time, and stepped inbetween them, coming out unscathed. But in his hazyness, he forgot to swing his own weapon. He gave out another aggravated sigh. "Why is this more bothersome then it should be?" He asked himself, beginigng to become upset with himself over the matter.

ID:64814 BD:5(4+1) MD:1(4-3) CD: 5

HP List

Lowe:

• 639/640 HP
  • 59/64 Energy(-2 from Sword Art,+1 Energy)

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

Esther turned to look up from her material gathering. Lowenthal looked like he was going through a mixture of boredom and frustration. She couldn't blame him. They were so close, so very close to finishing the quest - only...the gosh darn variant didn't drop the item they needed. Esther pursed her lips together in a pout. It was really very kind of him to help. Esther told herself she'd have to thank him somehow someday. For now, though... all she could do was rummage for materials, and if she were to find any - she may just give them to Lowenthal. "Hey!" Esther called out to Lowenthal. "IF we get this done soon, I'll give you a surprise!" Esther called out. Not realising the implications of her own words. Why would she? She was sweet, and seemingly innocent. To her, a surprise could mean anything.

"Right!" She told herself as she turned to try and gather more materials. "I'll get him so many materials, he won't know what hit him." Esther rummaged through the pile of sticks and twigs, and pulled out a small, metallic ore. "Hah!" Luck was on her side today.

ID: 68420 LD: 20

Edited by Esther

Lowenthal rubbed the back of his head, as he tried to regain his calm. He couldn't fight well when he wasn't in control of his emotions. He proved that to himself time and time again by picking fights with his friends. Well, Jomei became a friend after the whole fiasco with Ahti, and Mari was still a crap shoot. His mind broke free, and he turned his head as Esther called for him. Lowenthal whipped his head around, thinking Esther was being attacked or threated by an animal, but she merely wanted to get his attention. "A surprise? Can't wait." Lowenthal shouted back, as he went back to fighting.

The Nepents came again, only this time Lowenthal attacked. A nepent fell to the ground, as the other never made it past Lowe. It erupted into crystals behind him, as his face turned a beet red. 'Surprise, wait. What? What kind of surprise?' Lowenthal thought to himself, as his mind flew to places it shouldn't have been.

ID:68421 BD:6(5+1) MD:1(4-3) CD: 6 (recovery)

HP List

Lowe:

• 639/640 HP
  • 60/64 Energy(-1 from Sword Art,+3 Energy)

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

Nepent: x4

• 0/7 HP (LD: 6 )

ID:68422  LD:16= success

Esther continued to shuffle around in the dirt to see if she could find any other hidden gems. She wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty, and started digging deeper into the fresh earth. "Hah..." She pulled out what looked to be another piece of gold ore. "Hah...I must be channelling some super good luck here." She placed it to the side, next to the other glittering material. "I'll give these to Lowenthal. Hopefully that'll make up for this whole mess." Esther said to herself, as she dusted her hands off.

She turned to see exactly how the youth was going. One of the nepents were falling, it came crashing down into a sea of data and pixelated hexagons. There was only one left - then - the nepent variant. Esther clasped her hands together, giving a silent prayer, hoping that they could finally finish this quest.

2 Materials

Edited by Esther

Lowenthal buried his face in his hand, trying to get the thoughts out of his head. Lowenthal rubbed his face, trying to concentrate on the matter at hand. Which had to be the Nepent in front of him. The single, level one, nepent. That had absolutely nothing to do with vague surprises, or promises, or nurse outfits. "Oh dammit!" Lowenthal exclaimed aloud as he wildly swung at the Nepent.

Lowenthal's desperate swing managed to his it's low leveled target. Lowenthal chuckled as it dissipated into blue crystals. The color returning to his face as he calmed down. He stood up straight, and straightened his jacket with his free hand. "Alright, that's all four of them. Another variant should've spawned close by. I'm gonna take a quick look, you alright by yourself?" Lowenthal asked aloud, calling out to Esther.

ID:68425 BD:9(8+1) MD:1(4-3) CD: 10 (recovery)

HP List

Lowe:

• 639/640 HP
  • 62/64 Energy(-1 from Sword Art,+3 Energy)

Esther:

• 20/20 HP
  • 2/2 Energy

Nepent: x4

• 0/7 HP (LD: 6 )
  • 0/7 HP (LD:15 )