[PP-F8] Hunting the Simian King <<Monkey King>> (Lowe)

Hunting the Simian King
<<Monkey King>>

This world seemed to be unbalanced.  The hunter awoke one day to find that everything had changed, and his abilities did not work the same as how they used to be.  People were going around saying that the mobs have become tougher, while they were only just as strong as they used to be.  Others were boasting about their new found strength and endurance to the point where they were taking enemy attacks, without armor.  This news seemed only to be rumors by the hunter, but as the day went on, he soon came to realize that everything was true.  Everything, from the lowly player to the highest mob had become stronger in health.  Though, that seemed to only occur around newly spawned mobs, the hunter wanted to check if field grade quest bosses were also being affected by this.

The hunter leaned out against the railing that made up most of the boundary between the town of Florenthia, that clung to the highest points of the trees, and the forest floor that held the boss for this quest.  His crimson armor put a bit of weight against it, but not enough to send him over the edge.  With a straight forward mission like this, he wanted to make sure that there were no chances of failure, so the hunter enlisted some help from a guild member, Lowenthal.  He had not ventured with him since their previous Vice Commander's betrayal.  The hunter wondered if the shadow of the Blood Oath would even come.

Every so often, the hunter would see other adventurers coming to and from the make-shift elevator that would allow people to venture into the dark underbelly.  He scratched his jade hair while hoping that someone may also be on the Monkey King's trail.

Edited by Hirru

Lowenthal raised his hand and waved to Hirru as he approached the arranged meeting area. "Yo!" He called out. "You ready to get this started?" He asked the player. Last time they had actually met, outside of the guild Lowenthal was an orange player, a murderer of sorts. And in a bland rage the user attempted to strike at Lowenthal. After that, they had split paths, and eventually became members of the Knights of the Blood Oath. "So, debrief me. Why are we here?" Lowenthal asked, checking over his stats, and items.

The hunter make a quick wave back towards his guild mate.  They had not been around each other much, as their first impressions of each other made the hunter drift from him.  It wasn't until his involvement with the Crimson Blades and the Knights of the Blood Oath when Lowenthal would become a prominent figure around his life.  He figured that they should at least make amends from this point on.

When asked about the current state of affairs for the current mission, the hunter waved a hand gesturing towards the elevator and the forest floor below.

"Today, I thought that we could investigate something that has come up.  I'm sure that you've noticed something unorthodox, lately.  Everything has become just a little stronger than usual.  We're here to see if the quests and sub-dungeons have also been affected.  I've got my suspicions, but I wanted to make sure."

The hunter explained before taking his back off of the railing, and looking towards the "Master of Shadows".

"We'll be taking on the Monkey King, and see if anything has been changed.  I have information from other guild members, and their fights with it to cross examine.  I asked you here so that we can have two perspectives of this mess.  I'm sure that we can find everything that I need from them." 

Edited by Hirru
  • 4 weeks later...

Lowenthal nodded. "Makes sense to check. And if they did remain unchanged, I could use the SP." Lowenthal said, closing his window. Lowenthal looked at the party window and looked at Hirru's health bar. "Say, what build are you again? I'm looking over at your stats, and it seems to be a pseudo-tank of sorts." Lowenthal said. He was going for a glass cannon build, where he put himself at risk with low armor and low mitigation, but made up for it with strong and consistent damage. Lowenthal boarded the elevator and waited for Hirru to board himself, before kicking the lever to send it downwards. Lowenthal had also yet to have been on this quest, but it was something new and that was about all he needed. He was growing bored with the same routine every day. Day in and day out it was the same old same old. Perhaps Hirru, could alleviate his boredom. "So, what do we have to do? Kill a few things, spawn a bigger thing, then kill that thing?" Lowenthal asked, as he gave a rough explanation of 'quests' in SAO.

The hunter would nod to Lowenthal's response as they stepped onto the elevator to descend into the depths.  He was inquiring upon the hunter's current equipment to which the hunter looked upon the crimson armor.  The new armor that he received from Macradon to accommodate the new reports.  It was better to be safe, than sorry.

"That's correct, but it's only enough for small groups and field bosses.  Nowhere near the right mitigation for floor boss raids.  I prefer to take the damage that comes to me, and dish it back three fold."

He would say as the elevator slowly came to a halt at the forest floor.  The treetops above them seemed to have blocked quite a bit of light with only a few beams of light spilling forth.  It would make their venture that much more difficult, but the villagers above have made the most of their tree fort.  A long trail of light lead out into the undergrowth from the cutting of branches above.

"We'll have to trek a bit, but it will be a single field boss for now.  Depending on its position, we may be fighting in dim light.  Afterwards, we can only guess."

The hunter said before leading on towards the path set alight.

Lowenthal nodded. "Makes sense. With tank like Calrex walking about. It's hard to focus on that role." Lowenthal said. It was like trying to be a DPS when Zelrius was still alive. But this was the first time that lowenthal heard of this sort of, bruiser build. Not that long afterwards, the elevator landed on the forest floor. "We best be quick, otherwise the sun'll set and we'll be without light." Lowenthal said, looking up. The trees covered up most of the sky, and it restricted most of the light down here. They would mostly find mushrooms, damp areas, and encounter mostly nocturnal or ambush predators. That is, if his science classes taught him anything of note. "I'll let you take point. I'll follow and cover our rear flank." Lowenthal said, having his weapon at the ready.

The hunter would agree to the quickening of their stride, as the day was closely ending, and they needed the most light that they could muster.  The forest trail would wind around towards their destination, but whether or not it had enough light was the real concern.  As they ventured closer to the supposed lair of the Monkey King, the hunter drew Oath from its sheath.  Until now, he wasn't getting many readings from Search and Reveal, but now something big was pinging in the distance.

"Stay frosty, we've got a live one."

He would say before the sound of thunder seemed to sound from above.  Before the hunter could react, something big slammed down in front of them.  The shockwave pushed the both of them back a bit, but wouldn't cause much else.  Shielding his eyes from the upheaval of dirt, the hunter could only see two red eyes peering out at him.  Soon the dust would settle to show the large simian creature known as <<The Monkey King>>.

The Monkey King
HP: 250
DMG: 240
MIT: 50
On rolls of 9 or 10, will deal AOE Stun for 1 turn dealing 120 dmg

Immediately, it swung for the hunter, but he jumped back before it could hit.  The wind pressure that passed by him, however, showed how much more powerful this thing could be.

"Be careful!  There is definitely something wrong with this one!"

For the most part, the hunter knew that field bosses roamed a fair bit, but they never strayed too far from their main lair.  This one shouldn't have that kind of territory, or could it?  Putting those thoughts aside, the hunter took the opportunity to stun the beast from causing any kind of severe damage.  A quick 9 hit sword art would take care of that.

[ID: 68895]
[MD: 6-1] Miss
[BD: 3+2+1] Hit! (Concentration used)
[Sword Art: Nova Ascension] 9x12 = 108-50(mit) = 58 Stun dmg

[H:1] Hirru - [680 / 680 hp || 56 / 68 en] (-12 en)
[H:0] Lowenthal - [640 / 640 hp || 64 / 64 en]

Monkey King - [192 / 250 hp] {STUNNED}

@Lowenthal Your turn ]

Edited by Hirru