[PP-NK-F1] «Earning a Living» Would Risk It For A Biscuit?

Wandering the streets of the Town of Beginnings, Julia was growing anxious as she tried to make up her mind on what do. She can't just stay here on the first floor to wanderer the streets and eat scrap food. She's not that kind of person. In fact, she would much rather be eating a scrumptious freshly broiled lobster and shrimp. Or nice a 1/2 lb slice of medium steak. Or even just a burger from In and Out would suffice. Since she's been stuck in this game, she's eating nothing, but bread.

As her mouth salivated while reminiscing about from real life, her senses were suddenly smacked by the scent of food. But it wasn't just any ordinary food at that, it was the scent of Japanese Cuisine - or she what thought could have japanese cuisine as she has never actually been to japan and is just basing the smell she's smelling off of this "authentic" japanese place in downtown L.A. "So hungry..." she says as she began to rub her belly while following the scent.

@Opal

Edited by Rizkit

Bump

"Umph!" a noise escaped Opal's black lips. Violet eyes looked down to the woman who had bumped into her, hearing her stomach growl and and unnoticed of the human traffic coming her way. Of course, Opal would not move for anyone, so if she had to move through this pipsqueak, then she would do so without remorse. But at the same time, Opal's thoughts were her own, getting lost in the sea of her mind. The woman had declared a challenge to that talkative wench and that snobbish former Master of Shadows and his little pet which made her muse and smile while her head was up in the clouds.

But snapping her attention from such a thing was this woman with long colored hair. Sharp eyes took her in, "Hey. You should watch where you are going little Missy." That sound of her stomach growling again was heard as the woman sighed, "Oh, you must be one of those little newbies that keeps coming out of the wood works here. I am sure now that the City of Beginnings keeps birthing you lot for one reason or another. Let me guess, you haven't eaten yet, huh?" There was a scent in the air...and no wonder the woman's stomach was grumbling. The food district was not that far off. Opal shoved her long white hair off her shoulder, sporting a black turtle neck and some basic ripped up jeans, the woman had no intention of helping anyone again. After all her talk of killing people...

"Ugh..." she grunted, "Alright. I really shouldn't be feeding you animals. There is no point, you are all going to die or be trapped here forever. Might as well get your fill of food while you can. I'll buy you lunch? Dinner...whatever the time is right now. What's your name?" 

@Rizkit

Without ever spotting the tall woman, Julia managed to run into a particularly vocal woman. She had come out of nowhere as if she was hiding the the shadows the entire time. Of course, the smell of food in the air could have just put a trance on the red head keeping her from even noticing the tall woman. As Julia is taken aback from the woman's authoritative presence, she quickly throws her hands in the air, waving frantically. "I- uh... I'm s-so-sorry!" She tried to give the lady a smile hoping she could maybe ease up on her. As she stood there awkwardly, her stomach began to rumble again, in which she proceed to get somewhat sad as she took a step forward towards the scent of food. As she followed her senses, the woman seemed to have grown interest in Julia. "Yeah... I haven't eaten yet. I've been stuck with this stupid bread and I can't stand it anymore." She says as she grovelled at her feet. Suddenly, the strange lady offers to buy her food. Her face lit up with happiness as she stared at the tall lady with a big smile on her face. "For real miss?!" As she smiled, a drop of drool came pouring out of her mouth. She was hungry, and this random woman offering her free food just made her day. She quickly jumped at the lady and gave her a big hug. "Thank you so much! My name's Ju-" She stopped in the middle of her sentence. She didn't particularly know this person well enough. That's when she remembered about her username. "Uh... My name's Rizkit." She let go of the tall woman and stuck out her hand for a handshake.

Opal's body swung backwards as the woman lurched forward with her arms open wide. The look on her face was...not to be expected, the woman being hugged by this unfamiliar girl. Violet eyes stared at the red hair as her arms were out and she looked around to see if anyone was watching the event unfold. "Ugh...yeah...whatevs, just get off, yeah?" The woman had let go and introduced herself as Rizkit. That was a peculiar name but Opal was not one to...Oh well, she is one to judge a person. Sweeping her pale hands over her turtleneck shirt, the woman patted down her apparel and looked the woman in the eye and then down at her hand. 

"Opal," the woman introduced herself as such and nothing more. Dark violets scanned over the female again, apparently she had a great deal of energy for being famished, but the quick thought of food made the stomach of the woman who would treat her also rumbled along side. It was about lunch or dinner time anyways and Opal was feeling rather generous. Giving a quick flick of her long snow colored hair, the woman drank in the warmth of the day and back down to Rizkit, "So, did you have a particular spot in mind? I don't care where it is...so long as they sell alcohol..."  

"I'm not sure exactly... I was hoping I could finish this Earning a Living Quest while I was at it. Ya know... Killing two birds with one stone." As the red head kept talking some more, she casually opened up her quest menu in the HUD. "It says, I just need to find an NPC to train me in a profession. I figured being a cook would be nice, since everyone always needs food, ya know?" As she closes the quest window, she looks back at Opal. "I don't exactly know this town well, do you happen to know a place?" As she looked at Opal, she tired widening her eyes and made her mouth smaller. Almost like a puppy dog. Then, in that moment, her stomach began to rumble again causing her to stop her act and just began to walk towards the smell. "Well... either way, let's get going. We won't get anywhere just standing here." As she began to walk forward some more, she reaches out to grab Opal's hand to bring her along.

"Oooh that quest. Yeah...Umph!" A hand gripped her wrist and immediately Opal was pulled from her trance as shuttled forward, body bounding in step with the redhead played simply known as Rizkit, still a very odd name to her. Opal sighed having her hand tugged and joined together with this new female. Had she been living under a rock? The name Opal just breathed mayhem and uncontrollable amounts of fear from people, but this one did not know or just simply kept it in the back of her mind. In either case, for some reason or another this woman just followed the newbie player. 

"Alright, alright. I'm coming..." Enough was enough, Opal had removed the grip of the newbie from her own hand and walked in pace to her own beat. Flicking the snow of white hair from her shoulder, the woman was only a few steps behind the rumbling and tumbling belly of the female player. Opal knew this floor pretty well, in fact most players did. However it also seemed like a rare sighting to have level fifty players popping in and out of this floor as she did. Even more pressing was the number of faces turned away as she walked in tow with Rizkit. She could already hear the rumors spreading of the Laughing Coffin member frolicking around with a new player, more like to trap her and kill her later on. Although to date, Opal has only killed one player...Well, that we as the audience know of.

Thus Opal stopped in front of a bar, "Wait. Here is good," the woman said pointing her thumb at the entrance of a rather homely looking bed and breakfast place. She had been here a few times, mostly to drink away her day. There were many of these little Mom and Pop shops, this one least ventured in to the most from the Aincrad populace. But more importantly, their brew was pretty good. 

"We can find that NPC later, lets fill our belly and relax a little. In fact, if you are looking into becoming a Chef, the NPC Profession for it isn't too far along. Just a few blocks away..." Opal stood at the entrance folding her arms over her chest, and gestured once more to get a plate of food or something here.