PP-F10: Power Play

(I will think of a better title later, maybe shh sleepy)

Mari yawned, a long -great yawn. She had only just woken up from a nap, sleep rarely came to her these days; Mari only ever managed brief naps. She was sitting on her low set table. Mari flipped open her HUD, switching from the tight, black leather material gathering outfit she wore to her regular armour. The entirety of her chest armour was a light pink, spiked shoulder blades; dragon scaled. Even her gauntlets, which continued with the thorny theme - small spikes extruding from her wrist. It looked menacing, but a little worse for wear - scratched and dirtied. She wore a tattered pink skirt, but she wasn't one for aesthetic appearances.

Her legs were stretched out, crossed one over the other, wearing thigh high black boots. Her hair was dishevelled - again, she didn't care. Mari yawned again, opening an eye as she received a message from Esther. "mmm? Meet someone? Ugh, stupid brat." Mari didn't like the idea of meeting anyone new, she didn't like the idea of Esther forcing more companions onto Mari, the only reason Mari had said yes, was because Esther mentioned that he was interested in buying a few of her potions. 

"Business is Business."

She muttered, placing her very dangerous looking unique dagger onto the table beside her. Precaution and all that.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Mari's given me instructions on how to RP her interactions in the one post)

Esther bounded into the tent again, "I need to get my health up..." She mumbled. "That run from the safe zone to here is always so scary Mari..." Esther mumbled, eyebrows furrowing as she looked the other woman up and down. She looked a frightful mess. Esther had spent so much time talking Mari up to Domarus - she wanted Mari to impress him. The armor she wore was incredibly strong, Esther even noticed that Mari had her Unique weapon out on the table next to her. Was she planning to go fight soon? Esther recalled how Domarus said that Mari must look frightful fighting, a part of Esther wanted to see that, then again, another part wanted nothing to do with it. The lilac haired woman shook her head, "mmm Mari this won't do."

Esther broached the gap between them, sitting up on the table behind Mari. "Here...let me brush out your hair." Despite Mari's protects, Esther continued. "You have such silky smooth hair, the least you could do is brush it Mari. It's not even that long." Esther chastised. Mari shot her a glare, picking up the chain and giving it a threatening tug. Esther glanced away, blushing...right the chain... "Eheh...well...see, that didn't take long now did it?" Esther asked after a few minutes of brushing. Mari's hair looked a lot better. 

pulled out a cloth. Mari shot her a dirty look as of to ask 'what are you doing.' Esther answered for Mari. "Your armor is dirty. I'm going to clean it, besides..." Her eyes darted down to the chain that Mari now gripped in her hand. "Isn't that what a pet is for?" Mari shifted her glance away, and Esther gave a smirk of victory in response. 

Esther was now kneeling down in front of Mari, carefully buffing out the other womans armor.

Domarus was following the girl close as they evaded the eyes of the powerful monsters of this floor.  At least, powerful to them as they were weak players.  But that would change soon enough.  He nearly lost sight of the girl and if it weren't for her pink hair he would have lost her completely.  He watched her delve into a tent and now knew the destination.  Despite the fact that it was still the most pathetic weapon in the game, being a starter weapon, his two handed ax hung on his massive back showed what type of style he chose for combat.  He wasn't afraid of showing this Mari what build he was shooting for.  But he was going to put on his mask.  He told Esther about it, saying he wanted to see if she could easily see past the kindness that showed on the outside, and see the cruel, king like man he truly was.  It was his goal to gain followers as he increased in strength, enough followers who would serve him faithfully and reap benefits because of it.  Arc was an excellent candidate for becoming a general of his, and while Esther wouldn't be a follower of his he could easily trick her into helping him fish information from someone by setting up a scenario with his target that would allow her nosy personality and her natural ability to withdraw information, so she would be helping him without even realizing it.  He had only just started his campaign and already he was finding helpers and followers.  She said she wanted to be his friend and that he needed more than just his own personal friend.  Thus he decided he would befriend this apprentice and master, er mentor as the girl called her, and leave it at that.

As he bent down to enter the tent he saw Esther brushing the armor clean while the woman Mari held the chain.  The woman's armor wasn't exactly intimidating but it wasn't welcoming either, and the skirt didn't help at all.  But what truly interested him was her eyes end expression.  Merciless, cruel, obviously ready to kill if she felt it was required.  He felt more at home than he had been in a long time.  Allowing his currently gentle eyes to scan the room with curiosity, he saw the many test tubes and devices for inventing new potions.  So it was true.  She did experiment.  Perhaps he could give her ideas.  Perhaps a torture potion.  Sure the game dampened pain, but phantom pain was more than real and if what Esther said was true about Mari creating potions that influenced the mind, it was definitely possible.  He now turned to Mari and smiled at her, gleeful and cheerful as he held up the pretense that he was your average 'knight in shining armor'.  He hoped she would guess that he talked to Esther and accepted the fact that she had chosen this path and that there was nothing he could do about it.  Hopefully the fact that he refused to look at the chain link right now was more than enough proof.

"So you're Mari then?  Pleased to meet you," he said with a low bow.  "My name is Domarus."

@Mari@Esther

"Don't you think this is degrading to you?" Mari asked Esther in a low voice as she watched the girl work, cleaning her armour, then her boots. "I don't even want to know how your mind works sometimes." Mari muttered. It was a little uncomfortable, why was Esther bothering to dote on her, when they had a 'guest' coming soon? If this man had walked in with Esther on her hands and knees what would he think?

And of course. He had to do just. That. Fan-f**king tastic.

Mari rose her eyebrows as the man Esther had spoken about walked into the tent. He was tall, but saying so would have been painfully obvious. Her cold blue eyes drifted from his head down to his feet. He had the basic of basics. Even Esther could best him in a fight at this point, if the girl had actually bothered to pick up a weapon. "Can't say the same. Domarus." She muttered. She didn't exactly care who he was, she didn't plan on getting to know him, or befriending him. Mari gently nudged Esther out the way with her boot as she stood, crossing her arms. Domarus was most definitely taller than her, she had to arch her neck back to stare at his face. "Newbie eh?" Mari quipped. She didn't want to understand why he wanted to look at her potions, especially at such a pathetically low level.

"Drop the nice act." Mari remarked, her voice holding the impatience and authority of one of the higher levelled players. She didn't want to tolerate any bullsh*t, especially from some guy who just so happened to pry himself onto Esther and be all buddy buddy with her. Esther was an idiot, she'd trust anyone - they could be stabbing her and she'd make an excuse and still call them a friend. Mari? Mari didn't trust anyone, she barely trusted Esther. "I don't buy for a second that anyone who is interested in my potions is as chipper as you're pretending to be. Cut the sh*t and tell me what you want."

When Mari was involved, things sure seemed to escalate quickly. Esther felt Mari nudge her with her foot - and Esther moved away from Mari, so much for trying to clean her up before Domarus got there. She knew she'd have virtually no time, still - it was worth a shot. Domarus entered, and in an overly friendly tone greeted Mari - Esther disproved of it when he said that's how he wanted to introduce himself. Esther insisted that Mari would see right through him, but he insisted. Esther admired Mari, and her ability to read people, it was incredible, Mari was so attentive.

It seemed as though she wanted to get straight to the point, not wanting to waste time, and not wanting him to stay for long. "Uhm..." Esther ducked between the two, heading toward the shelf that contained some potions. "He was interested in some of the potions that you had Mari. I think he wanted you to make some too. I told him how you had that truth serum, and stuff like this..." She had picked up 3 potions, bringing them to Domarus to inspect. She pointed to the one that looks like a galaxy. "That one is my favourite, but only because it looks so pretty." 

Esther wasn't sure on the effectiveness of them, she had only ever used the truth serum, she wondered if Mari had seen if the others had worked, or if she was just selling un tested potions.

Name: Murderous Intent
Effect: Once you drink this potion you feel an overwhelming sense of bloodlust, your primary focus is to destroy anything and everything around you, be it player, NPC or mob. This effect lasts 3-5 posts. Depending on the users willpower. Warning: This potion may have negative side effects like the feeling of Nausea once the intent subsides.  

Name: Obsessive Allure
Effect: Feed this to someone who you want to admire you, careful it has its drawbacks. Often times the admiration will turn into a dangerous obsession, this is an exhilarating way to find if someone has some bubbling feelings for you!. Feeding someone this drink takes a post action. note: this potion has no effect on someone if they have no feelings for you It's effects last 10 posts.
Description: The vial is only half full of a very pale pink watery liquid, but this is very powerful stuff. It smells like Turkish Delight. IF the person who drinks this has feelings for the person who gives them the potion; be it physical attraction, friendship, or otherwise; that feeling is intensified tenfold. 

Name: Starry Eyed Illusion
Effect: Whoever drinks this will find themselves staring at their hearts desire, is it a person? A food? Or do you hear a song? The effects are vast; but are fleeting. You can tell if someone is under the influence of this potion as it appears that there are stars in their eyes. This lasts 10 posts.
Description: The liquid itself looks like a galaxy, if you shake the liquid it looks like a galaxy is forming. You almost do not want to drink it, but you do - and you feel as though you just jumped into a cool, pure spring. Your eyes cloud and you find yourself before what you desire most; forgetting for the briefest of moments that it is all just an illusion.  

Domarus fought hard not to grin as the woman pushed her apprentice away with her shoe and walked right up to Mari.  He faked shock at first until she made it clear that no mask would fool her.  After she said that he made a small, devilish grin, his eyes releasing their gentleness and giving off the flaming passion that burned within him.  His body switched from the 'knight in shining armor' role to the role he was born for:  revealing the fact that he knew what it was like to be fully in power over someone and that he still was to some extent.  Excellent he thought.  This woman was better than he could have hoped for.  She was powerful, uncaring, merciless, and nothing could deceive her.  Esther tried to interject and show him the potions she had told him about but he shook his head violently.  Now was not the time.  He needed to determine if this Mari character would cut him down for his future plans or if she'd be willing to partner with him.  After all, while he had nothing to offer now he soon would.  Already Arc was in the first stages of his control by beginning the friendship Domarus had so generously offered him.  But now was not the time to think on that.  He needed all his focus and attention on the here and now, with this impatient and very dangerous player.

"I am both impressed and pleased to know that nothing will deceive you.  And I like your attitude.  It suits you.  Well in the long run I want to know if you wouldn't mind selling me many of your 'personal potions' as well as seeing if you can make others to a more.. Specific purpose.  However for now I'd like to know how and why you became a playerkiller.  If you don't feel like sharing your most interesting history then so be it.  I simply want to know if you'll cut me down for the plans I have in Aincrad.  And seeing as how nothing gets by you I'll go ahead and say that I'd rather not have you as an enemy.  Better you be neutral toward me than hate me after all."  This woman was perfect.  She was the very thing that he looked for.  However she also didn't seem to want anything to do with anyone.  Luckily for him he had little innocent Esther here to help soften her up enough to get the information he wants.  While she may be cruel and relentless, it was possible she had morals that would say his personal endeavor was crossing the line.  If that were to happen he'd be in serious trouble unless he could either convince him to leave him alone and vice versa, or he'd need to gather forces to eliminate her.  Both of which would ruin his reputation.  The best way was difficult but worth it.  He needed her either as an ally or business partner.  Esther was already a friend and ally so he had that leverage of course, but he was certain that one wrong move and that leverage would count as nothing at all.

"And I'm quite interested in the relationship between you and Esther.  I have a servant personally whom I'll pick up later, but she seems to think that yours is a mentor apprentice relationship.  Is that true?  I'm fine either way of course, she's yours after all.  I would do nothing to harm her in any way."

It didn't take long for his attitude to change. Mari had expected it. The man seemed to know what he wanted, it was clear that behind his burning eyes -plans upon plans were being formulated and calculated - then plans for those plans, if they were to fail. It was mildly interesting to see someone so low levelled with such a devilish hunger in his features. Mari would give him that at least, beyond that - she held little interest in him or his causes.

"Honestly?" Mari began, shifting her gaze away - seeming bored with his compliments. She didn't need to hear it, she didn't need him trying to butter her up, or to weasel his way onto her 'good' side - if she even had one. "I don't give a damn what the purpose is for. As long as you pay me, far be it for me to judge anyone for any underhanded  business they-Esther!" Mari hissed, as the lilac haired girl intervened, trying to show Domarus a variety of potions. Mari pulled on the chain, leading the girl back toward her. "Sit down for now." Mari hissed at Esther. The last thing she needed as the girl getting in the way of a lucrative business transaction. Or getting too friendly with this man. It was clear his intentions were far from good, and Mari didn't want him to corrupt Esther in the process. Stupid, naive, innocent Esther...

"As I was saying, I don't care what shady schemes you have. As long as I am paid, you'll get what you want."

She rose an eyebrow as he said that her Player Killer history was interesting, Mari glanced down at Esther with a questioning gaze. Just how much had Esther been saying? "You're wanting a lot of stuff for free." Mari quipped. "Getting ahead of yourself don't you think, what do I get from telling you any of it?" Her eyes lazily fell back down to Esther- who was fiddling with the Starry Eyed Illusion potion, then back up to Domarus. "I've killed 8 people." Mari stated simply, refusing to give him the details of how, who or why. "There's a monument on the 1st floor, it lists the name of all who have died, and how they died - you look like a smart man. Go do your own sleuthing and research. Don't be a lazy sh*t." She wasn't sure what he was planning, it must be big - and involving numerous players, why else would he not want to be on her bad side? He seemed to need her to agree to whatever crappy scheme he wanted to pull. Mari was neutral. She didn't like the people of Aincrad, she didn't like people in general. As long as he didn't piss her off, she really didn't care.

He then asked about the relationship she had with Esther. Mari shifted, sitting back down on the table. "Hmmm..."" She inwardly cursed Esther for flapping her gums about the whole thing, "It's not something I exactly wanted." Mari said, seeing no reason to lie to the man, no doubt Esther would have told him that already. "Dunno what she thinks, or what she told you. She's insisting on following me around and trying to  be my friend - I don't do that sort of thing. Jokingly, proposed a collar to her - not my fault she was stupid enough to accept." Her eyes narrowed as he said he'd do nothing to harm her in any way. "Damn right." She muttered. It was clear, even with Mari's strong and uncaring front - that Esther was indeed getting under her skin - even if Mari hadn't realised it yet.

Esther frowned, as not only Domarus refused to look at the potions, but Mari had tugged her away. Esther wasn't sure why the two had suddenly become so...hostile? Cold? Rude? Earlier, Domarus was really friendly toward her, Mari - when they were alone at least was much gentler and kinder. It almost seemed as though it was a power play of some sort. Esther knew Mari was always the type of person to be cold and aggressive toward others, so her attitude didn't shock Esther as much as Domarus' did. 

Esther sat on the plush cushion by Mari's side, her brows furrowed and her lips formed a bout when Domarus mentioned that Mari's attitude suited her, "does not.." she muttered. Esther saw the glimpses of Mari when she was kind, almost happy, and caring. Esther much preferred that Mari to the mean spirited, distant Mari that she was currently experiencing. Was Mari being over protective? Esther glanced up at Mari - she wasn't sure, maybe Mari was just concerned because Domarus seemed like a not so nice guy - if only Mari could see the Domarus Esther knew. Then she wouldn't be so distant and angry.

As the two spoke, Esther picked up a vial - it was her favourite, it looked like the galaxy, and if you shook it and held your eyes up to it - it was as though the night sky itself was shifting across your vision. She wasn't too sure on the effects, but she knew that Mari was incredibly skilled, even if it didn't work - it was at least pretty to look at.  She paused as the conversation shifted to her.

"Uhm, I'm right here you know..." She added, feeling a little annoyed that they were talking about her like she wasn't there.

Then, it happened - Domarus said he'd never hurt Esther, and Esther truly and earnestly believed that with her whole being - but Mari seemed to take it as a threat, and hissed words at Domarus. Esther pressed her head against Mari's leg, leaning on her. It was a very strange way of showing it, but it seemed that Mari cared more for Esther than she first thought. That's three times now Mari had become overprotective of her.

Domarus listened as Mari spit back words of venom.  However her tone, attitude, and choice of words had no effect on him.  The only way she could harm him was by killing him here and now, or choosing to stop his plans once and for all.  Both of which he was now confident she would never do.  She talked about how she didn't care whatsoever what he planned on doing, but he had a proposal to make that required explanation.  It was a weak proposal but it might end up working.  One day when he gained many followers he might be able to help them respect Mari, whether out of fear or for whatever good Esther seemed to see in her.  Whatever Mari wanted really as she was the one he was making a deal with.  Before he could say anything however she continued to talk, telling him how he was asking something for free.  Before he could respond she told him she killed eight players and that he could find their names on the wall with all those players who failed to stay alive.  The way she said it though.  Did she..  Regret her actions?  He was honestly impressed that she was able to take down eight players.

"Heh.  Very well.  I'll look into it.  I'll find out the truth sooner or later.  Perhaps I'll find a player who knew what happened.  However I'd like your side of the story when I hear the others.  It's hard to get the truth from one source, especially when they hate or fear the other."  He watched and listened as Mari began to talk about their relationship and seemed a bit embarrassed by the situation.  Personally he thought it a bit weird too.  Sure he had his own personal servant, but even he didn't give her a collar and leash.  Not only that but a leash was for a servant, not an apprentice.  Master and apprentice was the sort of thing where the master taught everything to their apprentice so that they could carry on their legacy or perhaps become a more suitable servant.  Perhaps he should get an apprentice himself.  He nodded with a spark in his eyes as Mari talked about how Esther was stupid to accept.

"Coming from a master of it, she's definitely one who can be manipulated easily.  I can teach her how to identify someone attempting to manipulate her if you'd like.  To be completely honest I like her to some extent."  When Mari made a threat of sorts he sneered at her.

"I'd be an idiot to cross someone like you anyways Mari."  It was then Esther spoke up, talking about how she was there in the room with them.  Now having his attention she pulled out one of the potions and handed it to Domarus.  He took the vial and gazed at it carefully.  He was genuinely surprised to see a small galaxy in his palm and stared at it for a while, wondering which malicious potion this was.  After observing it he handed it back to Esther with a nod.

"Pretty, but I'm more interested in the effects.  I appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to help though.  Mari, as for how I can help you, besides helping Esther with resistance to being manipulated as well as payment for potions, I have an offer that you may or may not care for entirely.  I can't tell this early so I wish to know if your interested."

@Mari

(Please Skip Esther, she will post after you)

He laughed at her retort, stating that he would find the truth out sooner or later; Mari shrugged in response - she could tell him, but she had already told each and every story in livid detail once this week, and that was more than enough for her. Domarus mentioned that Esther was far too easily manipulated and offered to help on that front, Mari shook her head at his offer. "I'll do that, thanks." She didn't trust him to help her, even if he did admit to liking her - Mari wasn't going to believe the entirety of what the man said.

Mari sighed heavily, Domarus, for whatever reason - was extending his stay. He proposed to her the idea of an offer - but hadn't actually explained the offer. How the hell was she meant to know if she was interested if he didn't say a damn thing about it. It pissed Mari off, why not just go out and tell her - why play these stupid word games. "Depends if I have to do anything, I really can't be bothered with much these days." And it was the truth, Mari had considered returning to the front lines, but she wasn't entirely sure she'd be able to deal with the people there.

"Least you're smart enough to admit that." Mari mused, as he said he didn't want to cross her; scratching her cheek as her eyes wandered back down to Esther. She was almost like a child. "I wouldn't drink that." Mari warned, "Messes you up real good." She was referring to the Starry Eyed potion that Esther was playing with, having experienced it first hand. It would affect everyone differently. Mari's eyes flashed, as an idea formed in her head. "Say Domarus..." she started, her tone long and drawn out - it was clear her intentions weren't in the best interest of anyone around her. "You say you want me to help you with potions right?" She stood up again, taking the ones that Esther had in her hand, "Don't you want to see the effects of one? First hand?" Mari headed over toward the bench, and placed the vials back onto it with the rest. She gestured for Domarus to come inspect them; 

"Go on, have a look - I'll either have you try one; or Esther - pending her permission of course." 

----

RAd5F0u.pngMiscellaneous Oddities0bgIXFJ.png
These are 'Good' ranked items that have no enhancements but are useful for RP fodder; items are sorted in order of usefulness and popularity; to quickly find something simply press Ctrl + F and type in the product you are looking for

Spoiler

300 Col or 1 Material  IN STOCK: 4

Name: Calming Honey
Effect: This liquid helps soothe uneasy feelings. Feelings of doubt, sadness and fear. If you drink it you will feel calm and strangely content. This lasts for 10 posts. Warning: Calming Honey is an addictive substance, continued use will cause addiction
Description: This strange liquid is a blood orange colour, it smells like cinnamon, but tastes like honey? Weird! As you drink it you feel very warm and calm. There is a small warning label on the side; that says that it is an addictive substance, but how can that be true?

200 Col or 1 Material  IN STOCK: 4

Name: Truth Serum
Effect:  The Player who drinks this is unable to lie for the duration of the thread
Description: This vile is filled with a clear liquid that has no taste or smell, however the small label on it states 'Truth Serum - sometimes, lies are kinder than the truth - use with caution' Do you dare use this? 

200 Col or 1 Material  IN STOCK: 1

Name: Murderous Intent
Effect: Once you drink this potion you feel an overwhelming sense of bloodlust, your primary focus is to destroy anything and everything around you, be it player, NPC or mob. This effect lasts 3-5 posts. Depending on the users willpower. Warning: This potion may have negative side effects like the feeling of Nausea once the intent subsides.

200 Col IN STOCK X 4

Name: Starry Eyed Illusion
Effect: Whoever drinks this will find themselves staring at their hearts desire, is it a person? A food? Or do you hear a song? The effects are vast; but are fleeting. You can tell if someone is under the influence of this potion as it appears that there are stars in their eyes. This lasts 10 posts.
Description: The liquid itself looks like a galaxy, if you shake the liquid it looks like a galaxy is forming. You almost do not want to drink it, but you do - and you feel as though you just jumped into a cool, pure spring. Your eyes cloud and you find yourself before what you desire most; forgetting for the briefest of moments that it is all just an illusion.

100 Col IN STOCK X 2

Name: Absolut' Greed
Effect: Makes you greedy; makes your desires well known and forces you to do whatever it takes to get it. No matter the cost, it may have negative effects as users tend to ignore any repercussions this potion may cause, even if you obtain what you want you find yourself always wanting more. Lasts 20 posts/turns
Description: This lavender coloured  potion tastes like delicate roses; it is very sweet to the taste and goes down smoothly. As you drink it you feel a tad dizzy, then suddenly very focused. Ferociously so. You're on a mission! No one will get in your way! No one....

100 Col IN STOCK X 2

Name: Depressive Drought 
Effect: Whoever drinks this will succumb to crippling depression and self doubt for the duration of a thread
Description: This potion smells like blueberries and lavender, just the smell makes you want to drink it! It is cool to the touch and tastes oddly sweet. However, it leaves a tingling sensation on your lips and tongue. You suddenly feel light headed, heavy, and sad. What were you doing? Is anything important any more? 

100 Col IN STOCK X 2

Name: Obsessive Allure
Effect: Feed this to someone who you want to admire you, careful it has its drawbacks. Often times the admiration will turn into a dangerous obsession, this is an exhilarating way to find if someone has some bubbling feelings for you!. Feeding someone this drink takes a post action. note: this potion has no effect on someone if they have no feelings for you It's effects last 10 posts.
Description: The vial is only half full of a very pale pink watery liquid, but this is very powerful stuff. It smells like Turkish Delight. IF the person who drinks this has feelings for the person who gives them the potion; be it physical attraction, friendship, or otherwise; that feeling is intensified tenfold. 

100 Col IN STOCK X1

Name: Disconcerting Honey
Effect: Once you drink this potion you feel nervous and anxious, Drinking this whilst under the influence of 'Calming Honey' will negate its effects.. Lasts 10 Posts

Description: This strange red honey tastes delicious, but leaves an almost burning after taste. It's effects are the exact opposite of the 'Calming Honey' As you drink it you feel very warm and anxious - you begin to worry yourself with the smallest of details, and grow anxious. 

100 Col IN STOCK X1

Name: Happy Honey
Effect: Drinking this makes you feel happy and giddy, unlike calming honey this has no negative side effects. Warning: continued use will cause addiction.
Description: This Honey smells like a field of flowers, and tastes sweet, a mixture of chocolate and honey. The top half is filled with an ozing warm chocolate and the bottom half of the vial is filled with sweet honey. How wonderful.

100 Col IN STOCK X 1

Name: Forget me Not
Effect: Are you suffering from a form of amnesia? Did you forget something, someone? Perhaps a series of events! Drink this! And you'll be able to recollect what you forgot! The effect of this potion differs from person to person, some players may find they need to drink two vials to get its full effect.
Description: The vial is filled with a black liquid, as you pop the cork off the vial you hear a 'chht' as though you were opening a bottle of soda, the liquid starts bubbling. Drink it quickly! The longer you leave it the less effective the drink will be. It smells like sugar, and tastes like sugar. It's too sweet! 

100 Col  IN STOCK X2

Name: Warmth
Effect: Drinking this warms you up; best used in cold climates. This requires a post action and lasts for 20 posts. Do not use in heated climates as it may cause heat exhaustion. 
Description: This vial is filled with a yellow liquid. It's warm to the touch. The liquid tastes a little bitter, but the instant you drink it you feel warm and cozy.

100 Col  IN STOCK X1

Name: Muttering Mobs
Effect:
This potion allows you to understand hostile mobs, and what they are saying! This does not allow you to communicate with them, simply understand them. Some may be more talkative and smart than others! This takes a post action to use. Lasts a single thread.
Description: This light blue potion is fizzy and tastes like wild-berries. As you swallow it the fizzy bubbles tickle your nose and even your ears, you swear you can hear someone talking! But there are no people around you...how strange.

100 Col IN STOCK X 1

Name: Soothing Salve
Effect: Under the influence of one of Mari's concoctions? Have no fear; this minty, soothing salve will cure all that ails you. Also cures cursed potions from 'Alchemic Contagion' does not work on potions from other Alchemists.
Description: This potion is a mint green colour; and tastes minty fresh. If you  drink this quick enough it stops the effects of Mari's potions. It also cures any curses that may have been drunk by a player. What a relief!

100 Col IN STOCK X 1

Name: Distraught Discovery
Effect: After drinking the potion - the next person you kiss will share their worst memories with you, and you shall share yours with them. 
Description: The dark crimson liquid is almost black, when you open it, you smell the faint aroma of various spices. The scent reminds  you of a warm, spiced tea.

Domarus listened as Mari told him that she would teach her rather than him.  With an understanding and cruel smile he nodded.  She didn't trust him which was understandable and the girl was hers after all.  Mari was the girl's master not him.  She would choose who, what and how to go about it.  She then confronted his untold offer by telling him it would depend if she actually had to do anything at all.  He couldn't help but chuckle darkly.

"As long as you make me these potions and don't get in my way you don't have to do anything for me.  Except maybe let Esther and I spend time together.  She gave me some col to use to get equipment and told me that in return she wanted to spend more time together.  You seem to be one to respect a promise and deal so you should have no problem with this arrangement right?"  He finished with a smirk and saw her start to think to herself.  What was going in that beautifully twisted head of hers?  She told him he was smart enough to admit it and he made a dismissive gesture with his shoulders.

"When deception no longer works always go with the truth.  As I said I'm a master of manipulation and I know where manipulation fails.  Luckily those who can see past my disguise tend to be those who end up furthering my goals."  He heard her talk to him with interest and he prepared himself for anything.  When she finally told him her idea his curiosity peaked and he walked over and began to read the descriptions......  What he saw pleased him more than he expected.  So many ways to manipulate the mind.  So many tools he could use.  He frowned when he saw Mari's antidote and while he understood why she made it he simply needed to be more discrete with the way he presented these potions to his victims.

"Is it possible to mix these potions into items like foods or potions that have buffs?"  He let his hand hover over each of the potions, feeling the energy and power emanate from them and letting it soak into his very soul, feeling the power and influence these creations could give him.  He would need to be cautious of course else someone would figure out what he was doing and who gave him the tools to do so.  While he'd like to see how effective the murderous intent potion would work out, he didn't want Mari to get pissed at his disregard for the girl's mind.  He smiled when he discovered the effects of Esther's favorite.

"Why not let her taste the potion she so very much loves?"  He leaned against the wall, eager to see the effects.

@Esther

Edited by Domarus

Esther heard the proposition, and she would be lying if she said she wasn't interested. "Mmm..." She shook her head as Mari questioned her. "I'm happy for you to do anything." She proudly patted her chest with her hand. "Test whatever potions you want on me. I trust that you'll keep me safe and sound Mari." And it was true, If Mari had given her any one of the potions, from the Muderous Intent - to the Calming Honey. Esther would all too happily drink it, not only for Mari's benefit but for her own, "I'm really curious to see how they all work. So if you want to try them all, please do!" 

Esther padded over to Domarus, to see which ones he looked at, and, to her delight - he had chosen the one she was most curious about. He handed her the Starry Eyed Illusion.  Esther didn't catch the twisted glint in his eyes, or the devious grin he wore. She was, in all her naivety too accepting of him. She grabbed the potion. "Well, bottoms up." She drank it with unabashed gusto. 

She opened her eyes, and it was clear that the potion had taken effect - her eyes, normally a clear brilliant green were now speckled with the faint color of the potion itself, stars dotted her eyes. Esther glanced around, giving a slight frown - not much had changed. Her head felt light, swimming, as though she had a little too much to drink - but that was it. Esther, was an odd girl - she didn't really have any one desire at the moment. She didn't have a need to be tied down to one person, ironic considering her situation with Mari. Esther didn't exactly desire anyone, more so - she desired everyone. She desired to see their smiles, to see their goals and ideals come to fruition. To have heir hopes and dreams shine on.

Starry eyed Illusion; its effects on Esther would probably be  both the least, and most effective. She turned her eyes, and they just so happened to land on Domarus first. They lit up with unabashed glee, as she bounded over to him, wrapping her arms around his and pressing her form against him. "Do-ma-rus~" She crooned lovingly, "Ahh....I missed you."  She rubbed her cheek against his upper arm, making small, delighted sounds. "Please pet me.~ I've been good, promise."

"As I said, I'd make anything so long as I am paid." She paused as he asked her if her potions could be added into various foods or drinks. "Mmm, Yes. Except the Honey - it's probably a little too thick to add to a drink." She paused, scratching her chin. "Although, you could pass it off as regular honey, if you were to slap it on a piece of bread. It's pretty potent, so it shouldn't dull the effects. As for buff potions, I doubt it - I mean I haven't personally tried it, I use crystals as they are far more effective. It might work, but the buff effects may cancel it out." It was an interesting question, Mari hadn't thought of mixing it with other potions - Mari didn't exactly even make buff potions any more. Crystals were more profitable.

Domarus mentioned that she shouldn't get in her way- Mari thought it a little cocky for him to be saying that, but let him slide. She had no real intention of doing so. He suggested that he wanted to spend more time with Esther, now that Mari did have a slight problem with - but she couldn't exactly control who Esther could and couldn't see. Mari shrugged. "I'd doubt she'd listen, even if I did tell her not to see you. She's her own person. Who she chooses to hang out with is of no concern of mine. Even if I don't trust them."

Mari took a back seat, keep a very very careful eye on both Domarus and Esther. She wasn't going to judge him, no matter what potion he picked. Mari was half hoping he'd pick one to use on himself, after all - how else was he to know just how far the effects would push someone. Mari had tried several, if not all of her own creations herself, at some point or another - so she knew how well they worked. 

Esther, with complete and foolish bravado had downed the potion that Domarus suggested. "Idiot." Mari muttered. For her, the Starry Eyed illusion teased her with images of her deceased lover, and her deceased daughter - recently however, it showed Mari nothing. How could it show you your hearts desire, if you desired nothing and no one? Esther...she seemed to be the opposite. Mari wondered if the girl had liked anyone in particular - but, seeing the effects of the potion first hand, proved her guess to be right.

"Thought this may happen." Mari mused, watching Esther attach herself to Domarus. "Esther doesn't exactly love anyone, or desire anyone I guess - at least not to my knowledge. So I guess its just making her desire everything she sees..." Mari turned around to pull out a very scruffy looking note book - she opened it up and flipped through the pages, till she found the one labelled after the potion. "I suppose I can make a variant, that makes them desire whoever they see - similar to obsessive allure I guess..." She muttered, writing a few more notes before slapping the book shut.

Her eyes travelled back up to Domarus, and she tightened the grip on the chain, she knew that he wouldn't be stupid enough to do anything to hurt Esther.

Domarus was pleased to hear that Mari would do nothing to hinder his goals and nodded to her with a devious look.  As he leaned against the wall he watched as the girl shoved every drop of the liquid down her throat and set the bottle aside.  He saw the galaxy in her eyes and wondered if there was a potion that had a different effect on the eyes.  At the same time she seemed to lose focus for a moment, appearing light headed, and then suddenly broke out in giddiness and lunge onto Domarus who was not expecting that.  He was expecting something else like someone from the real world that she liked, such as a mother or best friend.  He watched as she rubbed her cheek against his arm and looked up as he listened to Mari speak.  Now that he understood he nodded his understanding.

"I have one or two ideas myself if your interested.  One being a reverse of forget-me-not where you can erase a recent memory."  He turned to Esther grinned wickedly.  He loved it when people did this.  Showed nothing but affection and unyielding loyalty.  He wouldn't do anything bad of course, he simply loved the feeling of power one felt when they were in this position.  Acknowledging her plead he began to pet her head like one would a cat.  He didn't stroke her like he did with his own personal servant as that was not only a personal thing, but he rarely did anything of the sort.  As he pet her he looked at Mari.

"Well since she's like this I might as well share my proposal.  My intention is to grow stronger, strong enough to be important among the front lines.  So much so that I'll be too important to remove.  Along with that I'll be gathering my own personal followers, increasing both my power as level and as a personal player.  I don't intend to kill anyone of course, but I will not allow someone to stand in my way.  If I use these potions correctly it would make manipulating others to my will much easier.  The proposal is this:  I'll become your personal customer, and as long as you don't hinder my plans, continue to make potions for me, and if acceptable to you, keep me informed of things that might be a threat to my conquest.  In return I'll pay for your potions and when I grow in power I can attempt to use my influence to persuade others to respect you.  Whether it's in a good or negative way is up to you.  I'm just informing you that it's quite possible I might be able to.  And with Esther here with you it would definitely be easier to do that.  Also, I was wondering if you might be interested in a torture potion.  Real pain may not exist here but phantom pain does."

@Esther

Edited by Domarus

Posts Remaining till effect wears off: 3

She barely heard the conversation that Domarus and Mari were having - she shut her eyes, enjoying the sensation of being pet. Still gripping onto Domarus, she slid down, and allowed her legs and arms to wrap around one of his legs. "Yee~" She chimed happily as she pressed her head into his hand. She blurted out the next words, "Master is so kind~" A part of her mind somewhere, a very small part was dying of embarrassment, and begging for her to stop - but it was clouded with the sensation of Domarus' warmth, and the dizzying effects of the potion.

It was almost as if the potion was adjusting itself within her body, having no true desires for people, or, to put it more accurately, having desires for all people - Esther wasn't able to see her 'hearts desire' instead - she was acting out her own desires - the desires to be close to people. To help people, to even go as far as to serve people. As long as she was useful she was extremely content.

Domarus' touch stopped for a moment, and Esther let out a whine, "No, more. Please?"

Edited by Esther

Mari watched as the scene before her unfolded, she wasn't too pleased with it - but she had her own thoughts on the matter. So, it gave Esther the illusion that she could fill the desires she wanted to act on? Is that why she was being so affectionate? It wouldn't surprise Mari. Her eyes darted up to Domarus, who seemed to be enjoying the way Esther was acting around him, "Wipe that sh*t eating grin off ya face." She muttered.

Domarus began again, proposing various potion ideas, one of which she had already been considering, a memory loss potion. "Yeh, I should be able to do that. Don't think I'd be able to pinpoint an exact memory though, it'd be a time or emotion based thing. Say, forgetting the last hour  to 24 hours. Or a temporary one to say, make you forget all your sad memories - although the more potent it is, the less it lasts."  She ran a hand through her hair, continuing her discussion - "I suppose I could even make someone a blank slate - but that'd last maybe an hour at best. Course, something as devious as that I may have to charge more for. I'd say call it a moral tax - but I don't exactly have many."

Mari couldn't say she had none, she did - she didn't like killing, she thought unnecessary violence was stupid - she even thought Domarus' plight was completely idiotic and a waste of time. "As I said, I really don't care what your intentions are. Right now the frontlines are a mess, people killin' each other and bickerin' I swear they're a bunch of testosterone filled teenagers."

Domarus spoke of what he wanted of her in all this, Mari was happy to make any potion he requested, but the sharing of information - not so much. Information was the most highly sought after currency within not just Aincrad, but the real world too. "No information is free." Mari mused. Mulling over his request of a torture potion. Damn this guys really got it out for someone It was possible, and it wasn't like Mari wasn't able to make it - she'd be able to do so overnight. "The logistics are possible, I guess...it might be easier to make a potion that removed the pain limiters though." She had thought about it before, it had been done before, just not by her. "Again, something like that may last only an hour tops -since it-"

Mari paused, as Esther uttered the word Master toward Domarus, "Goddamit..." Mari muttered, clearly agitated. "Esther, you have some f**king weird ass fetishes. Jeezus Christ f**k me..." 

Domarus smirk increased as Mari yelled at him.  

"What?  I didn't expect this and I'm quite used to it.  I didn't get good at manipulation in this game you know."

He listened as Mari mulled over how she could make the memory wipe and what effects it would have.  He listened carefully thinking over the scenario in his head.  He intended to use forms of interrogation that he couldn't allow to be recalled, whether he was beating or torturing the target, or if he was using the truth serum.  Emotion wouldn't work as it could link to any memory connected with fear, pain, sadness, or other blended emotions.

"Hmm.  The reason for the memory potion was so that after an interrogation I could remove that specific memory so they wouldn't know they spilled any information, nor know that I was the one who did it.  It would be odd though for them to just wake up and see someone like me standing there.  Perhaps a potion that could completely erase recent memory and put them to sleep?"  If they were put to sleep he could easily transport them to their home and they would simply think they overslept.  It would work perfectly if that were the case, but he made sure Mari know that he didn't expect perfection.  He listened to her talk about the front liners killing each other and acting like a bunch of teenagers.  If that was so then his chances were increasing rapidly.  If he joined the front lines and helped give them a reason to take out the pkers he could earn a reputation there besides becoming invaluable to fighting the bosses.  He just had to make sure he wasn't the one who dealt the killing blow to avoid his cursor turning orange.  He listened as she told him information wasn't free and he grinned.

"Oh I know that very well.  I just want to make sure you let me know if something comes up.  You do that, I'll pay you a fair amount, and we both leave happy."  A wide grin grew on his face as she described the torture potion.  If she could decrease the dampeners it could work.  However.

"I was thinking more along the lines of a pain like the effects of crusio from the Harry Potter series.  Pain unlike any other but it's all in the mind.  I suppose I could use the dampening version but it wouldn't be as effective as-"  He paused as Esther whined about him stopping and pleaded for more.  Mari seemed extremely pissed about the matter even though it was her own potions influence.  Domarus took a seat and picked the girl up, placing her on his lap and began to stroke her soft hair as well as her arm.  He knew how to physically please others without making it too uncomfortable or over the edge.  He looked at Mari with a face with no interest other than business.

"So we have a deal?  I'd like to pay with materials after what I heard about the information broker.  I'd like to have the col in case something interesting comes up."

@Esther

Posts until potion wears off : 2

As Esther was picked up and placed into Domarus' lap she mewled, leaning her back on his chest. His gentle caress was soothing to her, and she enjoyed it immensely. The warmth that radiated from each delicate touch, the feeling of light scratches on her head. This is what she wanted, this is what she enjoyed. Esther dreamily opened her eyes to focus on Mari, who didn't look too happy.

"Mmm...Mari~?" Esther said with a yawn, she pushed off of Domarus and headed over to Mari. Whining as she walked "No, no! If Mistress Mari isn't happy, then Esther isn't happy either!" she threw herself onto Mari's lap, pressing her head into the crook of Mari's neck, she rubbed her face back and forth over Mari's skin. "mmm~ Mmm~ This is nice too. Mistress Mari smells like flowers and spices. Her skin is so soft." Esther continued in this fashion for a few more moments before she lifted her head up to look at Mari, giving her a small poke in the corner of her mouth. "I really like it when you give me your gentle smiles, please smile for me, smile more often?"

Edited by Esther

Domarus insisted on a time based memory loss potion, and Mari shrugged. "You sound shady as f**k. As I said, I could probably whip up something like that, as for adding an extra element to it - it's....its do-able, but the more elements you add to things, the less potent they'd  be. You'd be better off having two separate potions, really - but even with the memory wipe potion, there is always a chance the memory could come back. You'd be a right old fool to underestimate the strength of the human mind." Mari paused, watching his hands drift up and down Esthers arm. "I think it needn't be said, someone like you surely knows that already."

Despite his interactions with Esther, Domarus kept his gaze on Mari, and she had to give him some respect for that- it would be difficult to navigate a conversation with a doting girl rubbing herself all up on you. It was an odd scene, seeing a large man dressed in dark clothes, a splash of warmth and colour splayed out on his lap as he tenderly brushed his hands through her hair - all the while muttering devious plans. "I suppose I can do a potion like that." Mari mused, "I don't exactly like it, but business is business. If you want a deal I suppose you have one - for now."

Mari almost lost her balance, as she struggled to catch Esther, granted - she was happy that the girl was no longer rubbing herself all over Mr. Dark, Dank and Decrepit - but this situation wasn't much better. "W-what!?" Mari's cheeks reddened, and she cursed her inability to control that, "D-Don't call me Mistress you perverted psychopath." Mari muttered, trying to claw Esther off, but the girl was too nimble, her body just pressed tighter against Mari. 

Mari sighed, giving up on the loosing battle. "Fine. Do what you want." She muttered, placing a hand on Esther's head. "Don't come cryin' to me when you get in over your head doing this to someone else." She said, her eyes rising to met Domarus' as she said this. Surely - he knew that it was just the effects of the potion, and that he'd not pursue such a thing with Esther. Mari contemplated using the antidote on Esther - it'd end this little show she was putting on that much sooner, but it didn't seem to be doing much harm.

"Any other potions you wanted to look at today?" Mari asked. If he wanted to test another potion, she'd rather save it for that.

Domarus nodded to Mari as they had settled on a deal.  He wouldn't be able to make any purchases right off the bat of course, but this was what he did best.  He learned what he could about anything and everything, learned how he could use it for his own needs, and begin to set plans for the future.  That's exactly what he did.  After he met Esther she led him here, where he was more than pleased with the results.  Suddenly Esther leaped from his lap and plunged into Mari, who reddened from total embarrassment.  As she fought to push her 'servant' off Domarus howled with loud booming laughter mixed with pure honest humor as this was the sort of thing he enjoyed.  The weak calling her superior mistress.  It was how the world worked whether people realized it or not.  Democracy was a mask put on for fools who thought they could actually be equal.  In truth the ones in control manipulated the world behind the mask, setting the stage slowly, building their way up until the democracy became anarchy.  That's what happened to Rome and Domarus expected this to happen to America as well.  His laughing stilled at last and his eyes flashed with both humor and irony at the difference between them.  Both were cruel in some respect, and both had a lapdog, but they saw the world slightly differently it seemed.

"My apologies, I couldn't help but sense the humor in this.  You have your own follower, someone who adores you and wants to help you in all your endeavors, and while you have her on a literal leash you dislike it.  I have my own servant who adores me and for some strange reason enjoys being beaten.  Her leash is her affection towards me.  You have Esther call you mentor while mine calls me master, as that is what I am.  I'm her master.  Yet at the same time I'm her only friend, and vice versa.  Well, at least until I met Esther.  Despite being so easily fooled she has gained my affection."  He listened to Mari talk about how he could view one last potion if he wished.  He pondered the different potions she had shown him.  The ones he was most interested in were the ones that could prove most valuable.  Murderous intent he would like to avoid but he would like to know how effective it could be.  He did however also need to see how effective the depression potion would work.  He could think of multiple ways he could use this after all.  He also wanted to see how well the truth serum would work.  However he did not wish to see the girl in an extremely depressed state.  Neither did he wish to make Mari uncomfortable by seeing this sweet girl gain a murderous intention.  Perhaps she'd be perfectly fine with the truth serum but he wasn't so sure...

"The potions I want to test I either don't want to see used on her, or I believe you'll be uncomfortable with.  If your certain you have no issue with anything I use then I'll go ahead and select one."

@Esther