PP-F10: Power Play

Posts until potion wears off : 1

Domarus burst out into laughter, Esther wasn't entirely sure why - she hadn't been paying too much attention to their conversation up until that point. It was only now that she was beginning to pay a little more attention. "I won't, I know you'll protect me, Mistress Mari." Esther whispered, looking up at Mari with absolute adoration. As Mari began to pat Esther, she relaxed into Mari. Looping her arms around Mari's neck. There was a difference to the way both Domarus and Mari offered her affection, Mari's was somehow....more intimate, despite it being the same action. "Mmmm...if only things could be like this forever...." Esther whispered.

The two spoke about more potions, and Esther wanted nothing more than to help them, to show Domarus just how great and spectacular Mari's potions were, how he should idolise Mari just as she did.Esther turned her attention to Domarus, gripping Mari's neck tightly. "No, no!" She blurted out. "Mistress Mari insisted, and I promised. I'll drink whatever potion Master Domarus gives me." She finally let go, and clasped her hands over her cheeks, hiding a blush. "He can even give it to me with a kiss. Ahh...to be kissed like that by Mistress Mari or Master Domarus....That would make Esther so happy..." She crooned. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Domarus cracked up laughing, but Mari failed to see the humour. Even as he explained it, he had an odd view on the world, seeing everyone as either a leader or a follower. No doubt he saw himself as the perfect leader - fit to sit atop a throne in Aincrad. It's what he seemed to want. He wasn't the first to try, and probably wouldn't be the last. Mari had no interest in squabbles over some false hierarchy, as long as people left her alone - what did she care? Mari did find it odd he had a 'servant' that liked to be 'beaten' She made a mental note to keep a close watch on the interactions between him and Esther. Whilst Esther was her own person, who could do what she wanted, she was incredibly naive and far too trusting.

Domarus, as cold as he had claimed to be, showed some sort of concern for how Mari would react, more so, for Esther. Mari wasn't sure if it was because he didn't want to get on her bad side, or if it was genuine concern for the innocent girl. It may very well be both. Mari shrugged. "As I said, as long as she is ok with it -" Mari paused, glancing down at Esther again, of course she'd strive to do anything to make Mari happy in her disillusioned state. "It looks like it's almost worn off - so I'd ask her again. You know." Mari rose her eyes back to Domarus. "You can always try them yourself. I've used virtually,  all of my own creations, call it a sick curiosity, call it idiocy - I'd rather know my potions are effective before selling them."

Domarus saw her shrug and knew she didn't care about what he said.  However he did see a dash of concern in her eyes and while he would do nothing to Esther he knew her concern.  She was afraid of his influence on the girl close to the way he respected the danger and threat she posed.  While this relationship could grow or collapse, it truly was on neutral ground as of now.  He was totally and completely fine with that.  He listened as Mari talked about how she truly didn't mind and how he should probably ask the girl once the potions effects wore off.  He agreed with her but then she said he could always test them on himself.  To this he grinned darkly at her, his burning gaze making it's way into Mari's.

"Most of your I want to see in action either open up or seduce players.  Just because I've shown you my goals does not mean I want you to know my heart's true desires, nor do I wish for you both to unlock all of my secrets with that truth serum.  No, I shall not use it on myself...  Yet.  Perhaps in the privacy of my own servant we could test the rest of them out together but for now?  I'd rather use someone else thank you very much."  Domarus turned to the girl as she vouched to take any potion he requested...  Even to the point of receiving a kiss.  He managed to keep himself from grinning on the outside, fully keeping the face he was wearing when he explained to Mari he wanted no part in the experiment just yet.  He walked over to Esther and waited until she seemed to come to his senses and bent down to her level.

"Now that the potion's run out are you truly ok with any potion that I choose?  And do you really want me to give you a kiss?"  The last part was such a low whisper that Mari could not hear him.  He loved to see the emotional effect he drew out of people, as it usually told him how to manipulate others.  This time however he was doing it not only to mess with them for humor's sake, but to have a little fun.  He decided that if the girl accepted he would use the murderous intent.  He did however turn to Mari, knowing that she'd comply.

"How much for the depression potion by the way?  I'd rather not see this girl in such a state but I need to know how powerful of a potion it is.  I need it for a project of mine you see."

@Esther

Domarus mentioned how he didn't want to use any of Mari's potions right now, not that she had an issue with that, his reasoning was sound. She wouldn't use a truth serum in front of a stranger either. She would've liked to see Domarus man up, and use something on himself instead of pawning it all onto Esther - he lost respect for that. He talked big, but didn't want to put himself into any situation that he couldn't perfectly navigate himself around. Probably the type who got frustrated if things didn't go his way. "Suit yourself."

Domarus approached both Mari and Esther. Mari tightened her grip on the girl as she looped her arm around her waist. Domarus asked Esther if she was truly ok with it, along with something else she couldn't quite hear. That frustrated Mari, but whatever frustration she felt - she didn't show it. Her eyes were stoic - staring down at Domarus. He wouldn't do anything to risk his life, nor his newly laid out plans. Even if he did seem like a sadist.

"Eh? Depressive drought? 100 Col. Honestly - that's one I don't think I would let you use on Esther, regardless of what she said. I have contingencies in place for other potions, but not so much that one. I'm not one to break people into submission."  

The potion finally seemed to be wearing off, and Esther found herself sitting between Mari's legs,entwined in her arms. "Oh gosh..." Esther muttered, feeling a little embarassed - she had remembered everything she had done. She lowered her face, feeling her cheeks burn hot. "Damn, Arc is gonna scold me if he finds out how touchy feely I've been." She muttered, before laughing at her own actions. She had offered- brazenly so, it was strange how the potion had affected her. Esther smiled bitterly. She hadn't seen her friends, she hadn't seen her family...she hadn't seen any one person in particular - she only saw Domarus as Domarus, and Mari as Mari. It was something to expect, but it still was disappointing. 

"I'm sorry." Esther muttered, "I guess I'm one of those people who despite all the things I say - aren't exactly attached to any one particular person." She lifted her head to gaze up at Mari. Esther kind of wished Mari was the only one she had seen, that would have been easier to deal with, but no - Domarus had seen her at her most depraved. "Thank you Mari." Esther said, thankful that Mari had been the one to watch her - and even now, was protecting her.

Domarus approached, and Esther blinked. "Uhm, I guess. Mari said she had an antidote if I needed it right?" Domarus seemed to lean in closer, and Esther felt Mari's grip around her tighten. Does Mari actually care about me? Or is she just playing the part? The next question Domarus asked threw Esther for a loop. A Kiss!? Did he just say.....a Kiss!? How did that come up? Why did that come up? Esther didn't recall asking him for a kiss at any stage. "I uh...w..what? Well..I uhm..." Esther went bright red - it's not that she would say no, but it wasn't that she could say yes either.  Esther was very open with her emotions - she didn't see kissing as something intimate to be shared between two people only. Still, to have been so brazenly asked that....

It was embarrassing.

"You did say that I could, though it would have only been on the cheek."  After whispering his response he rose up, straightening his back.  So he could use any potion whatsoever huh?  He turned to Mari as she spoke and he nodded.  From what she told him these potions were extremely potent.  He did not wish to see this sweet girl fall into such a depressed state right after she attempted to please them both from the bottom of her heart.  Despite his cruelness he respected this form of affection and did not want it tainted.

"Oh believe me I understand what you mean and I never had any intention on using that potion on her.  However I do have someone that I do need to break.  Not now of course, it's much to early...  However I was thinking.  I can't have the potion be too potent...  You said if you mixed two potions together the effect would be dulled somewhat?  Is it possible to blend the depression with a potion that, say, brought up the player's worst memories in general?  That might be the most effective against the girl....  Oh, not Esther no no no.  I found someone recently who has the potential to become powerful but she's so naive and with no self confidence that she's nothing.  Whoever this master of hers is who's teaching her seems to either be doing a poor job at it or is just too soft.  Either way I need to befriend her, then when the time is right, I need to break her and reforge her into something strong.  And the potion I just described would be the last piece to the process.  I do not doubt that you could make it and I'll definitely have col by the time you've made it, whether here or later."  With that out of the way he walked over to the potions and looked at them each again.  He passed over the ones such as Obsessive allure or absolute greed as they held no use to him.  He ignored calming honey as Esther seemed to be just that already.  The only one he had any real interest at this point was to see just how powerful the murderous intent potion was.  He slowly lifted the bottle and glanced at Mari.

"I need to see how potent this one is.  Most of my works require delicacy and slowness rather than rushed action.  If it's too potent when I order this I'll request it to be lessened in potency."

OOC- If Esther ends up agreeing to the kiss then in her post she can drink the thread and add that Domarus gently kisses her on the cheek.  Otherwise there is no reaction from Domarus

@Mari

Again, Domarus whispered words to Esther that Mari didn't hear - it irked her, and the prospect of using something as volatile as Murderous Intent on someone as seemingly sweet as Esther? That didn't sit right with Mari either, Mari would almost rather it not happen at all, but she kept her word, and didn't go back on what she agreed upon. Especially if Esther was ok with it. "Esther...this is a volatile potion. You won't like its effects. You will remember everything you've done when it wears off. It won't have any lingering effects, since I will be sure to give you an antidote - but  I cannot heal mental anguish." Mari warned, picking up a strand of hair and pushing it behind Esthers ear. 

"You know, I killed an innocent young girl under the influence of that potion." Mari had already told Esther that story, so her statement was more so aimed at Domarus - however Mari felt it important to reiterate the severity of what Esther was agreeing to. Mari wasn't going to tell her what to do and what not to do - all she could do was offer advice.

"It'll be potent." Mari said, "But I can dilute it easy enough. I see little point in creating a depressive potion that also bought up someones worst memories - when bringing up your worst memories alone would bring you some sort of semblance of dispair." Mari shrugged, "Despite what I think, I should also be able to make that." Domarus mentioned 'that girl' but Mari wasn't going to question who it was, it was none of her business. He wouldn't question her, nor she him. She didn't like his methods, and wondered what the f**k Esther saw in him, was she even listening to his words? Would she still insist that he was a 'nice guy' hearing him talk about mentally breaking people, only to remould them into the person that he wanted?

Esther honestly didn't recall telling Domarus that he could kiss her, but - why would he lie? She felt that he had no reason to lie. Domarus called her a friend, and said that he wanted to be honest with her, and Esther was going to believe that. "D-did I? Well...If I said so, then I guess that's ok." Esther watched Domarus as he stood up, did he headed back toward the potions. 

Now that Esther was thinking with a clear head again, she felt nervous. She was all too willing to help out. Domarus showed Mari a potion, and Mari didn't seem to react positively to it, then again - most of Mari's potions seemed to have adverse effects. Esther swore that she would make the opposite. A potion that gave you warm feelings, potions that made you happy, potions that made you recall your fondest memories...yeh Esther thought, it would be a sort of Ying and Yang. 

Mari warned Esther about the potion, it didn't matter what she said though. Esther was set in her ways. She had to make it up to them for acting such the fool. "Mari." Esther said, determination in her voice. "You could tell me not to take it, but I still would. I want to help you. I want to help Domarus. I trust you. Both of you. I know if anything happens you'll help me out." 

Esther slid out of Mari's lap and glanced at her as she mentioned that she had killed an innocent girl whilst under the influence of the potion. "I know Mari..." Esther glanced down, "I've shed my tears from that story already...but, look at you now - you're a lovely person. Even if others don't see it. The only people around me are you guys, and I don't even have a weapon. No matter what I do or say, it's not like I can physically hurt you guys right." Esther said, trying to abolish Mari's concerns.

Esther didn't exactly understand Domarus' words about 'breaking' and 'reforging' she assumed that he meant something to do with a skillset or some form of armor, Esther turned back to Domarus and took the vial from his hands. Esther raised it in the air. "No time like the present."

And downed it in a single gulp.

Domarus saw the distaste in Mari's features as he selected murdering intent and wondered why she didn't tell him her displeasure beforehand?  Still the deed was done and nothing could change that.  She seemed very upset about what he said about breaking the girl and piecing her together again, and realized that she didn't get what he was really saying.  Unfortunately most people didn't.  He never intended to turn her into what he was.  The world didn't need two Domarus', let alone he.  She would follow him anywhere currently anyways.  No she was naive and foolish, and her master hadn't done anything to fix that.  So Domarus would need to intervene.  Using the potion made by Mari he would force her to see the world at it's cruelest and when she did he would show her the only way to recover.  To become strong and fight the world.  Nothing was gained if you just gave up and accepted the flow.  You needed to fight, not depend on others.  And that was what he was going to do for this girl Alisa.  He heard Mari talk about killing an innocent girl under the potions influence and looked at her curiously.  This was another reason he disliked testing this potion on himself.  While he could not actually harm the girl, especially with Mari here,  He could either cause her pain physically or emotionally.  He nodded to Mari as she told him that she could complete the potion.

"I'll come pick it up when it's ready then.  I won't use it for a while though.  And it's only to make her strong, not cruel.  I don't need two of me."  As Esther stood up Domarus took the potion and allowed Esther to take it, but not before kissing her lightly on the cheek.

"Only because you allow it.  Look at me when you drink the potion.  Nothing you say or do can harm me I swear."  He then stepped back, taking position between Esther and Mari.  He wanted to see what basis or reason Esther would suddenly hate him enough to kill him, or if it just made a bloodlust that she couldn't control.  If it was the first it might help him spot any flaws in his knight in shining armor role that he could fix.  Any insults or words used to hurt others would bounce right off of him of course.

OOC- managed one last post.  I can possibly reply sunday night around 10:30 my time.  I'll see you both then.

(At work so short post, someone has been bugging me to type up a reply)

Mari sighed, as Esther carelessly downed the potion. “Some sort of forewarning would have been nice.” She muttered as she stood up, ignoring the kiss Domarus planted on Esthers cheek, whatever relationship the two had; Mari would try best not to interfere. “Right. I’ll have an antidote ready if I think the situation calls for it, but I honestly doubt that be the case, especially if you’re as thick skinned as you claim to be.”

Mari approached Esther, who already had begun to sway. She gently guided Esthers arms to her sides while she had the chance, before wrapping her arms around the lithe girl. Pinning Esthers arms to her side. It was an odd site. Mari was an inch shorter than Esther - It almost looked as though the two were embracing, or that Mari might struggle with the other girl. But Mari stood, steadfast, serious and unmoving. Whatever was to come, Mari would be prepared, even if Esther somehow did manage to escape Mari’s grip - Mari still had the collar. She could just pull Esther back toward her and force the antidote down the stupid girls throat.

“Damn idiot….”

Esther groaned. This was a completely different feeling to what she was expecting - she was expecting pain, she was expecting her head to spin. She was expecting to feel cold, but no...what she felt...it was almost euphoric.

Esther’s head lolled forward, and if it weren’t for Mari holding onto her waist, her entire body would have dropped to the floor. Her body shivered as a tingling sensation ran through it. Esther didn’t feel so complacent any more, she didn’t feel like she was just floating from place to place, from person to person, she felt….alive.  

Esther began to giggle, it started low - in chaotic spurts, her body heaving with the commotion, before they escalated, louder and louder till she threw her head back, laughing - her eyes were wide and dilated. “This….feels AMAZING! Oh Mari...now I know why you’ve killed so MANY people...Ahh...this Euphoria….” Her eyes rolled into the back of her head, and a trail of dribble fell from the corner of her mouth. Esther licked her lips. “Mmmm~”

Her body fell forward again, her eyes focused on Domarus, and her mouth contorted into a wide, twisted grin. Seeing him there, his body - his living, breathing body - wouldn’t it be fun to just tear it apart?  “Domarus~” She called out, her voice sickly sweet, still racked with giggles. “C’mere. Let’s try that again, let me press my lips to your throat - You’d like that right?” She laughed. “C’mon, I wanna sink my teeth into you I wanna rip that skin right off- I wanna watch your blood spill out onto the floor. Aahhh~”  Her knees trembled, “How euphoric….let me play with your insides, let my fingers twist into your arteries…”

Esther started pulling against Mari’s grip, but she wasn’t able to budge, Mari was very small and petite in stature, but she was far stronger than she looked. Esther twisted and contorted her body, trying to escape, she managed to free one arm, and a hand clawed out toward Domarus, thrashing at him wildly.

“Let me..let me...LET ME,....LET ME LET ME LET ME LET ME…” Her voice grew more erratic, and louder as she screeched at him, spit flying. She struggled against Mari, pulling and thrashing, even going as far as attempting to stomp on Mari’s foot.

“I want to feel my teeth scrape against your bones, I want to hear you cry, I want to see you die!”

Domarus watched as Mari pinned Esther's arms together holding her in place and stood with his hands in his pockets, his face blank

of emotion.  He didn't know what to expect but what followed was the last he expected.  As Esther talked about how she finally understood why Mari killed people he saw that she was acting...  Not quite insane but not sane either.  She wasn't totally psychotic but she showed signs of it.  Then her eyes finally fell on Domarus, cold and calm, no emotion or reaction.  Then she made a wicked grin and while he thought he was ready for something like that seeing sweet Esther with an evil grin like this, more evil and cruel than anything Domarus had ever owned or even pretended to wear, sent a short shiver up his spine.  Then her next words shocked him a bit and as she began flailing and going into a frenzy he narrowed his eyes before looking at Mari in her own.  His eyes gave a single, easy to understand message.  Why?  Why make a potion that makes someone go completely insane with a psychotic desire for slaughter?  He was hoping for a potion that gave the drinker every reason to kill their target, not become a short time serial killer.  If he needed a pker killed this was not the way he wanted to fool someone into doing it.

"Antidote.  Now," He told Mari.  After the antidote had been given he looked at Mari, a dark expression on his face.

"I can understand completely why you dislike this potion being used on her, and I'm actually surprised that you would make something like this yourself.  Unless you enjoy seeing people being turned into serial killers.  I don't expect an explanation for it's creation and being sold to anyone, and neither do I care.  This is not the effect I desire.  If I get anything I'd like a potion that gives the consumer every reason to kill a specific target, to justify killing them.  Nothing more than that."

OOC- had a little issue with the formatting

Edited by Domarus

"Don't have to tell me...." Mari muttered as Domarus insisted that she use the antidote. "C'mon Esther, open up." The girl refused, shaking her head violently. Mari frowned. This girl was begining to require too much effort to be around. "Esther." Mari said, again using a more commanding tone, that seemed to work. "Drink this, and I'll let you go." The girl complied, and Mari was able to tip the antidote down her mouth. As Esther drank, her knees buckled and after a few low murmurs she fell forward into Mari, relatively out of it. Mari stepped back, and Esther slid to the floor.

Mari looked back up at Domarus. "Surprised?" She shrugged. "In all honesty, it never had such an adverse affect on me. Guess Esther is hiding some strange fetish behind all that sunshine and lollipops or somethin'. It never did sell to anyone, it was an experiment at best. I only ever made the two lots. I can't get always get the finesse of the potions right on the first try. Trial and Error, and all that jazz." Mari muttered with a wave of her hand. It was clear the whole ordeal was making her patience wear thin. She wasn't really wanting to deal with Domarus, or Esther right at that moment. 

"Let's wrap this up, shall we? You want a potion that erases the inhibition to kill, and to essentially have a potion that allows you to implant a target into the players sub-consciousness for them to kill?" Mari scratched her cheek, sounding annoyed. "Awfully specific, sadistic - and underhanded, but what do I care anymore...I can do that if you need." She didn't really want to be involved in any more player deaths, but she also didn't want to throw in the towel, and just step out of a lucrative deal. Mari was flip flopping between attempting to redeem herself, and falling back into some dispair ridden darkness - and it was difficult to determine the outcome of it.

"If that's all, I can get right on that. Ya should probably take her outta here and somewhere more hospitable." Mari said with a nod toward the groaning and semi-conscious Esther. A part of Mari wanted to keep Esther there to ensure she was safe, another part was incredibly pissed that the girl just did what she wanted with no thought to herself or those around her. "I got work to do."

Domarus watched as Esther struggled against Mari and the antidote, until finally the girl complied and drank the potion, slipping to the ground.  Domarus felt bad for the girl, which was a rare thing for him.  This girl didn't deserve such an effect, even if he didn't realize that's what it actually did.  He felt a little bad for the event and felt that horrible feeling.  The feeling that he owed someone something and it wasn't a result he was seeking.  It was terrible but he was certain he could make it up to her easily.  He listened as Mari gave him her explanation and nodded.  He understood how craft masters wouldn't get the result they wanted every time, but he was still surprised that she didn't destroy the thing.  Even he thought it was too far.  At least his version simply persuaded the drinker that they were justified in killing a specific target rather than killing everyone around for fun.  He then listened to Mari talk to him about how she could make the potion and he frowned when he heard her call it sadistic.

"I'd rather avoid killing players in general but it's always good to be prepared.  If there's a dangerous pker who is a threat to the front lines or those in my group.  I heard something about a player name Opal and how most of the front lines would rather have her gone.  If she becomes too strong I'd like to be able to use this potion to remove her without losing my status."  It was true he didn't want to kill players.  Yes he wanted to manipulate them into his services, and yes he may beat up his servant to vent, but he was no murderer.  And while he didn't like using others to kill, if they already had reason enough to do so he was willing to push them the rest of the way if the target was evil and a threat to his plans.  He listened as Mari suggested taking Esther somewhere more hospitable and knew that the woman was nearing the end of his patience.  He nodded.  Hopefully the depression potion would be finished soon.  However.

"Before I go...  I think I'll buy a vial of starry eyed illusion.  It would benefit me to not only feel it's effects for myself, but also know my heart's true desire.  It would make it easier for me to keep others from using it against me."  As he said this he lifted Esther to her feet and placed his arm around her to support her.  He wasn't sure if she would be weak or not, or for how long.

@Esther

(I'm writing as though Mari's given him the potion since she will be MIA fora few posts, if this is an issue please let me know )

Esther groaned as she was lifted to her feet with the aid of Domarus. She had fallen...she had fallen and Mari didn't catch her, Mari wasn't the one to help her stand, why? Why? Esther glanced up at Mari, questioning why..Did she do something wrong? Was Mari growing bored of her? Or was Esther just that annoying to be around? Esther lowered her head, tears stinging her eyes. First Arc...now Mari. Esther expected that sort of cold hostility from Arc, but not from the pink haired player killer. Esthers chest hurt, she thought she had an actual friend in Mari, she thought she was getting through to her - and now, Mari wanted Esther to leave, just like that? 

Esther struggled to stand and utilised Domarus' body for support. Leaning against him, she reached out and clutched tightly to his clothes. She managed a smile, despite the pain in the pit of her stomach - as Domarus stated the reasoning for his potion. I knew it She thought to herself. Domarus wasn't cruel...he wasn't a bad person at all. He just wanted to help people. That was a perfectly reasonable reason to have such a potion made right? Just as a safety measure.

Esther stayed silent as the transaction between the two finished. She rasied her head, allowing it to roll against Domarus' upper arm as Mari handed him the Starry Eyed Illusion. So even he would have someone that he was close to? Esther furrowed her brows, that's right...didn't he say he had that one friend? The lilac haired woman had no doubt that that would be the person that would appear before Domarus. 

"H-hey..." She finally spoke, looking up at the red-haired man. "Do you t-think...." Her eyes rolled into the back of her head as she fell forward again, her head pounded and the room span out of control. Once again, Esther had lost consciousness. One would think it was turning into a hobby for her.

Domarus sent the two hundred col to Mari and received starry eyed illusion.  The powerful potion that would inform him of his potentially most dangerous trait.  What he desired more than anything else.  How would it effect him?  How could he use it?  How could he hide it from others?  He placed the potion in his inventory when he heard Esther begin to ask him something before losing consciousness.  He didn't wait for her to collapse before he lifted her up so that he was holding her with both arms, making sure she was comfortable in his arms.  He rose to full height and nodded to Mari.

"Pleasure doing business with you.  I'll take my leave and allow you to sit here in peace."  He made his way outside of the tent and looked around at the dark world around.  He didn't want Esther to wake up in a place like this.  He made his way through the valley, the high level mobs considering chasing them but were warded off not by his appearance as he was obviously a weakling, but the cruel, hateful glare he gave any who looked his way.  When he reached the town he walked to the teleport and warped to the first floor.  When they arrived he searched the floors for a suitable place and found a flowery meadow.  He personally didn't care for flowers but he was almost certain she would.  He placed her gently on the flower bed and leaned against a nearby tree.  Well that went about as well as he expected.  Neither good nor bad.  It was clear Mari detested him but wanted his col.  He had an interest in several of her potions but had discovered one or two he'd rather avoid entirely.  Not only that but Esther might be mentally harmed for good.  He wished that didn't happen but Mari didn't exactly give an accurate description of what the potion would have done.  He stared gently at Esther as she seemed to be asleep, calm and restful.  He never had that experience.  He slept under the preparation that he could be jumped at any moment.  Even in this world he needed to fear something like that.  And that was why his new ax leaned against him so he could target any attackers at a moment's notice.

Esther groaned as she slowly sat up. She winced, shielding her eyes from the sudden and unexpected bright light. "Hnn -WHAT WAIT?" She quickly scrambled to her feet when she realized she was no longer in Mari's tent, instead she was greeted with blue skies, and the scent of perfumed flowers. Esther rubbed her eyes, trying to orient herself and what had happened. Last she remembered...she was in Mari's tent, and she.... 

Esther felt a pang of guilt and pain in her chest.

"Oh god..." She gripped her heart, eyes furrowed. "H-how..." How could she think like that? How could such horrible thoughts enter her mind? Esther...the complete pacifist. Tears stung her eyes. She had no doubt hurt both Mari and Domarus...is that why she was here? Is that why Mari sent her away. Esther wiped a few stray tears away from her eyes before glancing around - she had to get a better idea of her surroundings. 

It was the first floor, not too far from the Town of Beginnings, and...and...Her eyes rested on the stalwart figure of Domarus, Esther bought her hands up to her mouth as she gulped back more tears. "D-Domarus...." It was the complete opposite of how she had said his name earlier. Voice no longer filled with bloodlust or maddening anger. She said his name with such anguish. "I'm....I'm so sorry..." She took one step, then another - before rushing to close the gap between them. Resting her hands on his chest. "A-are you ok?" She asked, "Did I hurt you...oh gosh...I'm so..so..sorry..."

Domarus watched as Esther began to stir, then suddenly snap to attention at her surroundings.  She looked both shocked, confused, angry and sad all at the same time.  Then she turned and spotted him and he saw one emotion.  Anguish.  He heard her say his name with complete regret and sorrow in her voice and apologized to him.  Before he could say anything she dashed toward him and embraced him, sobbing on him and consistently apologizing to him, never stopping for a moment.  Domarus was a little shocked but he recovered quickly and said nothing as he stroke her hair and held her close to him.  He needed her to calm down slightly before he could explain.  The girls sobs and ranting began to slow down and once she was calm enough he spoke softly.

"None of this was your fault so don't say that.  I don't want to hear you blame yourself for anything ever again understand?  I expected something else such as a reason to hate me which I was looking for.  I was hoping to cover up any mistakes I made in my disguise.  What Mari created was far from anything I wanted.  Twisted and evil that potion turns anyone into a serial killer.  It was her own fault for not telling me the truth and mine for believing her.  You aren't at fault.  Nothing you said, nor can say can hurt me Esther.  I don't care what other's say about me, especially if they're under the influence of a potion."  He pulled her away slightly and kneeled down to her level, brushing some hair that got in her face away and stroking her cheek once.  He looked gently into her eyes.

"And while others see me as cruel, evil, and evidently sadist, you see something that nobody, not even I saw.  You see me as someone who cares of others.  And while my ultimate goal is to help myself, I suppose I also try helping others to some extent.  I didn't know I had that.  You are a good person Esther and while nothing I do can match your kindness, I hope you will be willing to spent a lot more time with me."

The man consoled her, carefully and tenderly patting Esthers head, "mm..." She pressed her forehead into his chest, the action was incredibly soothing to the girl. She recalled briefly how an ex of hers had called her an animal fetishist, sick and perverted, simply because she adored such things as being patted. Was that really such a sick and twisted thing? The man told her it wasn't her fault, he placed blame on Mari, and on himself. Still...Mari was the one who insisted that she not drink the potion, yet she did anyway. How was she - or Domarus supposed to know that's what would have happened. "It scares me.." Esther mumbled, "I felt so good whilst under the effects of that potion...that's what scares me...I-I-I-I don't want throughts like that.."

Domarus hushed her again, bending down to her level. Esther forgot just how tall the man really was, his hand managed to cup the entirety of her cheek. Admitting that Esther was the one to change him in some way. Esther blinked, and tears streamed down her face and over his hand. Why....why was he saying such comforting things after what she did? Esther reached out and placed her hand over his. Pushing it tighter against her cheek. "D-Domarus....please...if I am ever like that again kill me....I don't want to think like that....I don't ever want to say those things....ever...." She shook her head. "I don't ever want to pick up a weapon, I'm afraid....do that and I'll spend as much time with you as I want...I'll do whatever just please.....please...."

Domarus watched as the girl continued to cry and plead with Domarus to keep the dark thoughts away and keep them away.  He felt his heart sink a little to see her in such a state.  So the potion did have after effects.  Such a twisted creation.  And she called him a sadist.  If he had it his way he'd destroy the potion and the instructions to forge it.  He felt Esther press his hand against his cheek and saw that she desired it.  So he sat down and let her lie on him as he stroked her.

"If you're too afraid of using a weapon then don't.  While I feel like these corrupted thoughts Mari has tainted you with will vanish over time, allowing me to push the weakened weed aside and replace it with an appropriate reason and thought, you don't need to hold a weapon.  Not while you stand with me.  Mari may be powerful, but she isn't afraid to kill either.  I break and manipulate people, yes, but it's to make them strong and independent.  However I see nothing wrong with someone like you in this world Esther.  I'm glad you wish to spend time with me.  I don't want you as a follower.  No that wouldn't suit you.  It would be a waist for me to do that to you.  I want you to be my friend ok?  Don't let someone tie a leash around your neck and treat you like dirt.  I do so to my servant because she enjoys the pain.  You don't seem like that person though."  He looked up at the sky for a moment.  Esther lying on him like a child, being stroked and comforted with words.  Words coming from a mastermind who wished to manipulate the world into granting him the title of king and giving him powers no one else could possess.  The ability to become indestructible with his own personal army at his back.  Servants and scouts, assassins and knights, informants, chefs, alchemists.  He desired all of this.  But at the same time he felt the need to care for this girl.  Who knows?  Maybe she'd let him adopt her at some point, or maybe just become his little sister.  He didn't have any siblings growing up and wondered what it would be like.  As they lay there he placed his head against hers and felt fatigue finally kicking in.  He was certain she felt it too and wondered what would become of them in the far away future.  If his plans would succeed, if she removed these terrible thoughts, if she was finally rid of that Mari.  Only the future could tell.