[OP-F1] Re-Adjustment [4/5]

Light cackled to life as the silver and gold blade was engulfed in silver energy. Her sword art, Vertical Arc, taking full effect as she dropped her shoulder low and dashed forward towards the blue furred tusked pig. Its beady crimson eyes only narrowed as it charged towards her to meet her attack head on. Not withdrawing from the clash, she increased her stride. Her blade leaving her side only to fully extend and cleave into the beast as she marked her place along the creature. Screeching out, the boar yelped and scampered past the blonde as she skidded to a halt a few yards behind it. Azure eyes followed it's movements as she planned her next strike. She wasn't used to the liner pattern her new weapon offered, but with a little re-adjustment she figured she could fair just fine.

Galilea: 180/180 E: 14/18 [ID: 67382 BD: 6 (Vertical Arc: 5x4= 20)]

Boar: 70/90 (-20) D: 10

Stats:

Spoiler

HP: 180| EN: 18| D: 5| M: 23| A: 0| E: 0

Gear:

Hauteclere [+2 Damage/ +12 Bleed]

Iote's Shield [+9 Mitigation/ +18 Thorns]

Mercy [+9 Mitigation]

Skills:

[Rank 2] OHSS (+2 Base Damage)

[Rank 1] Block (+5 Mitigation w/ Shield Equipped)

Edited by Galilea

Sunlight danced overhead as he powered through the heat of the day, beads of sweat forming on his forehead. Arc's journey off the beaten path took him near and far from boars, goblins, and other unsavory hostile creatures interested in nothing more than chewing the last vestiges of life from unsuspecting and unfortunate players. He took the challenge for what it was- a chance to become stronger, and to learn more about the kind of swordsman "Arc" was.

What gave him pause was when he saw another player facing off with a boar, who did not seem to be having trouble at all. That sort of thing wasn't exactly uncommon, but to see someone move with any kind of finesse definitely was. She's not a low level player. He observed quietly for a moment. That weapon, the armor, and the way she carries herself- definitely not someone who would need my help.

Of course, that didn't mean he was beneath jumping in if he saw a need. He wasn't about to throw himself at the boar and piss her off, though. Who knows how she'd react if he offered without even introducing himself? Arc plucked Levantine from his back and plunged the weapon into the dirt nearby, whereupon he leaned his weight on it and watched the fighting unfold. "Not bad at all," he mused loudly enough that the woman would hear him. "What're you doing fighting boar on the first floor?" he asked. "You've obviously got enough skill to take on stronger stuff."

It could come off as rude, sure, but it could also be viewed as a compliment. Lets see what kind of person she is, hmm? Arc normally didn't like to test people like that, but then, this situation struck him as a bit mysterious. It would behoove him to move forward pensively.

Kasier’s black hair darted to the side as she walked down the streets of the first floor hurriedly. Her red amber eyes were, despite the fact that her mind was daydreaming, concentrated on the ground in front of her. Her life was a boring slur, and it was quite clear that it wasn’t just her life either. Ever since the death of Helios, she had changed but there were still things within her that is the same as before. Character development is one of the most important things within a story, and Kasier excels at telling a story. In fact, she not only tells stories, but she makes stories come true in reality. That is her purpose in this world, to entertain, and to create an adventure.

But who is she really? Is she a maiden who strikes down all who is in front of her? Is she a tank who can take all hits, both verbally and physically? Or is she a healer who heals with a face full of delight and kindness. Maybe she is all three. However, no one knows, in fact, not even she knows who she truly is. Her life is a mystery, and she is on a path to solve it. Maybe one day, she’ll see the truth, or maybe she’ll forever be trapped within it. One day, though, she’ll know who Kasier is, who she truly is and what her role in this world is. For now, she is seeking for excitement.

As she approached the end of the safe zone, she saw in the distance that there were two players, one of which was supposedly fighting a boar. Of course, when the door opens for a new adventure, a new excitement, she opens that door and steps in without hesitation. Now, it was the same… Kasier would once more walk out of the safe zone and slowly stroll to the two players on the great plains of the first floor before waving to them.

“Fine day for a good boar slaughtering. I see that people are up and ready so early in the morning. Quite rare nowadays.” She said

Edited by Kasier

Hooves clipped dirt and grass as the boar dug into the ground, preparing to charge the blonde once more. Evening out her stance once more, Galilea brought her hand over blade, igniting the steel once more as she focused her line of sight on the boar before her. Her step quickened again, launching her across the field at blinding speed. Her sword but a blur against the back drop of the environment as it suddenly snaked out, nicking the tusk of the boar as they passed each other once again.

"Tch." I hardly even scratched it this time around. The length of the blade is much shorter than the reach of my ax-

"Not bad at all. What're you doing fighting boar on the first floor? You've obviously got enough skill to take on stronger stuff."

Her thoughts stumbled to a stop; her attention drawn to the observer as he lamented on her fight with the boar. Brushing back a few strands, she kept an eye on the boar as she responded. "One hasn't earned the right to take on a task greater than themselves until they've mastered the challenge before them currently. I'm not quite there yet, but your words are appreciated none the less."

A snort alerted her to the movement of the boar. Her grip tightened as she gave the beast her undivided attention, despite another voice reaching her ears as she re-engaged the beast. Not wanting to be rude, she responded. "Slaughter may be too optimistic, though the intention is the same."

Galilea: 180/180 E: 13/18 [ID: 67417 BD: 4 MD: 2]

Boar: 70/90 (0) D: 10

Edited by Galilea

Arc liked the words that this girl had for him. Someone with that kind of commitment was truly worthy of respect. "That's a pretty darn good way of looking at things, I'd say. Apt." He gripped the pommel of his blade and ripped it from the ground. With a practiced motion, he brought it over his shoulder and let it rest there for a moment longer. Her attention was focused on the boar. That was good. It was the mark of a good swordsman to maintain their concentration at all times. It was all the better if they could pinpoint their target mid-conversation.

"Tell you what," he commented as he moved slowly toward the boar. "I'll fight this bad boy alongside you, that way you don't have to split your concentration two ways." He held up two fingers for a moment in time with his words, then let his arm fall back to his weapon. Hopefully I don't go making a fool out of myself by mucking this up. She's pretty strong in her own right, and that boar looks different from a lot of the ones I've killed.

Oh well. That doesn't mean I get to put in any less effort.

The fact was, Arc didn't know just how much more difficult this boar would prove to be. As he rushed toward it, it hopped nimbly out of the way without so much as looking in his direction. The mercenary let out a low, furious growl but snorted as he shook it off. "Quick little thing, ain't you?" His gaze moved to the girl entrenched in the heat of battle. She's good. Better than I thought at a glance.

His lips tugged downward in a slight frown. I didn't think the gap between myself and a stronger player would feel this big. I underestimated things.

That was when another player greeted them. His eyes shifted to the person talking about boar slaughter, and he squinted slightly. From his angle, it seemed almost like she was too pleasant for someone talking about death or killing. This game did tend to have that effect on people, though. "Err, right," he muttered. "Good day for it." Wasn't every day a good day for it? What did that even mean? Arc glanced back at the boar he was intent on fighting.

He shook his head. "Right."

Galilea: 180/180 E: 13/18

Arc: 140/140 E: 12/14 [ID: 67419 BD: 1 MD: 4]

Boar: 74/90 (0) D: 10

Kasier sighed. Despite the fact that the two players had greeted her, it seemed as if they couldn’t have bothered with a player like her. She couldn’t blame them though, since she wasn’t that high leveled of a player herself. In fact, anyone found on the first floor fighting boars can’t be that high leveled. Thinking about it reminded her that she should probably move on from this floor at this point. She was one of the highest leveled players, still on the first floor, and that was saying something. Despite this, she is completely unable to deal damage in combat, absolutely useless when required to use her sword and inflict damage to opposition.

Hence, when the black-haired man joined the combat, Kasier decided that she would simply sit down on the grass and take out a cup of coffee from her inventory to enjoy in the morning. This coffee had been one of the first food items that she had created, and now, she had stopped crafting entirely. Kasier’s red amber eyes were fixed on the two as they fought. If they were good enough, Kasier could attempt to recruit them into the guild that she and a few of her friends had been planning to start. All guilds need members and since the guild prioritizes helping players level, it should more than likely appeal to the players on this floor.

Kasier sighed with her back sat straight as she began to enjoy the battle.

(Arc, ur roll was linked to the wrong post, please edit and fix before staff complains.)

Edited by Kasier

Galilea could only smirk. The gentleman continued to shower her with kind sentiments. Her gaze floated to him briefly and then to the noirette who had joined them. She noticed the drink in hand and raised an eyebrow. Despite not knowing her level, I'm willing to bet that if she was attacked right now, she wouldn't fair well. But to each their own I suppose. Now lets kill this boar. 

With Hauteclere drawn, metal scraped the surface of the ground as she rocketed towards the boa for their third exchange. Snapping her wrist forward, the blade whipped into place and illuminated as she narrowed her eyes. Lunging, she closed the gap between her and the tusked target; ripping the blade from the top left of the boar to its center mass followed up with another slash from its core to the top right of the creatures shoulder. Red gashes took the shape of a V as she kicked the side of the boar to add space between them. However the HP of the boar remained untouched.

"Switch! My attacks aren't damaging it," she called out. She was unsure if the necro swordsman would be able to land a better hit this go around with the opening created but she like his chances better when the path was more clear.

Settling into a defensive stance, Galilea glanced to the girl who still sipped her coffee. She wanted to pester her on the safety of her actions but worrying about her well being came second to her own personal goal, defeating the boar.

Galilea: 180/180 E: 14/18 [ID: 67471 BD: 1 MD: 3]

Arc: 140/140 E: 12/14

Boar: 70/90 (0) D: 10

Edited by Galilea

I'm not sure what I can do if she couldn't scratch it with that weapon. Arc had observed the conflict for long enough to read what needed to be done. He nodded when she spoke and resolved to jump in, whether or not he could make a difference. It didn't matter that the thing was stronger than him, or that it would rip through his health with any alacrity. Arc just had to fight.

"Gotcha," he commented offhand when the girl whipped past him. He rushed forward in the wake of her retreat and brought his blade from low to high in a powerful slash. His gaze burned hot as he moved, not sure that he could manage to do anything worthwhile, but unwilling to allow it to deter him. "Rrrrrragh," he let out a powerful bellow as his strike plowed deep into the mob.

It let out a grunt.

"Thought that might happen," he murmured.

The boar let out another howl as it turned its gaze to Galilea. It doesn't see me at all. The little bastard.

Galilea: 180/180 E: 14/18 [ID: 67502 BD: 6]

Boar: 73/90 (0) D: 10

I misread the above and did no realize Galilea had missed.

Edited by Arc

(Your attacks don’t always deal a point of damage, especially if you miss. If Galilea missed her attack by rolling a BD of 1, no damage should be done to the boar. Please edit the health points accordingly.)

Kasier took a sip of her coffee as she watched from a distance. Having been involved in quite a few combat practices already, she had learned what to look for in a fighter. Sure, she was no where near as experienced as Itzal, who moves faster than the speed of light and hunts down his prey in the midst of the darkness known as night, she could tell what the players were doing wrong and what the players were doing correctly.

From what she could see, the players had potential to be great. In fact, all players could become extremely high leveled if they have the motivation to work hard and if they have the basic combat system down. The reason that Galilea had not done any damage with her attack was because her attack had been too light. The straight sword was a balanced weapon, not meant to be a heavy damage dealing weapon or a fast weapon. Despite the fact that Kasier didn’t know exactly what the player was doing wrong, she could sense that there was something that needed to be fixed; this was also the first time that she had seen a mob not take damage from a hit, which she found to be awfully strange.

“Work more as a team. One player distract the boar while the other player strike the boar and deal damage.” She decided to say. Soon enough, she’ll become a mentor, and she might as well get used to being one right now since she had the opportunity to. It was really the basics, the hit and avoid situation, but it can be quite the effective method of dealing damage and avoiding damage.

[OOC: I also forgot the base 1 damage you get, so HP is adjusted accordingly in all my posts.)

No matter how minimal, the damage was dealt and her switch proved effective as the swordsman connected his strike. Maybe this should be how we attack it. Making it focus on one of us while the other cuts it down.

“Work more as a team. One player distract the boar while the other player strike the boar and deal damage.”

The blonde searched the field for the voice and once again her gaze fell upon the noirette sipping her drink. Galilea nodded in her direction and called out to he other player. "She's right. Teamwork proves best in this situation, though I realized that the moment we switched." Drafting her menu, she selected the nearby player and sent a party invite. Arc. An interesting name choice, though I guess once could say the same for myself. Dismissing the notion, Galilea charged back towards Arc and called out, "Switch!"

As soon as the baton was passed, she lunged forward. Again, allowing her blade to illuminate as she exercised a flurry of slashes that tore into the boar. Flicking her blade out as her combo ended, the blonde noticed she had managed to inflict the bleed status upon the boar; effectively knocking its health down another few points.

"All yours Arc," chimed the girl as she swiftly stepped back to allow his attack.

Galilea: 180/180 E: 11/18 [ID: 67629 BD: 10 MD: 2 (Vertical Arc: 5+2= 7x4= 28)]

Boar: 29/90 (-28| -12) D: 10 [Bleed Inflicted: -12 HP 1/2]

Edited by Galilea

The crimson eyed healer was walking across the fields of the lowest floor. Even since she could survive at much higher floors, there was something special that pulled her down to floor one. She had no idea how many times she had been here. Maybe it have something to do with this kind of environments was always her favourite in the countless MMO's she had played back in the real world. Today she was gonna search for another so called easter egg. She had found one far away on this floor with three very strong mobs.

When she had walked for awhile, she spotted a trio of players. Two of them was figthing a boar while the third seemed to give the two players so e advice.  The fight looked like it was going good for the players, and not good for the boar. Zandra didnt wanted to interrupt, but still be prepared, just in case something wents wrong. So she lean her battle axe to a tree about thirty meters away from the fight. Then she leaned on the tree herself, one hand on the axe and two eyes on the combat.

@Arc @Kasier @Galilea

Edited by Zandra
  • 3 weeks later...

Kasier looked forwards with her red amber eyes as the blonde girl decided to take her advice and strike the boar in a different manner. Although the woman did not seem to have very much skill or stats, it was evident that the woman was a quick learner, someone that she can possibly recruit to the guild that she so devoted her life to. So far, the Ascendants were having quite a bit of success recruiting high-leveled players and low leveled players as well, it was to be expected since the guild was a mentor-student style organization. With a sigh, she watched as the other man prepared to attack the boar himself.

The two seemed to have the battle under control. The boar was not an exceptionally strong mob and the two player’s health points were not even close to the yellow zone. Her presence is not needed at this moment; hence, she decided to let her mind daze and look around for anything that might prove to be significant. Indeed, she soon saw a dark-haired lady in the distance who seemed very familiar. The woman was Zandra, the best healer in Aincrad. Soon enough, though, Kasier will be high leveled enough to be a healer on the front lines, healing players who are low on health as they fight the floor bosses. This would also allow Zandra to be able to fight with full concentration without worrying about other players’ health points. Kasier stood up and put her food away into her inventory before walking towards the healer who was leaning against an oak tree. “Geez, long time no see, Zandra. How has your day been? It’s rare to see someone as high leveled as you on the outskirts of the first floor.” Kasier said, her hair dancing freely under the influence of a sudden breeze.

Walking around the fields of the first floor feels quite different...as I never reacted to the gentle breeze that is blowing through the fields. Instead, I feel empty as for quite a long time, I haven't found a proper mob to kill. I am tired of killing the same boars, minotaurs, insects... Lizardmen provide a decent challenge, but that is all there is to it. All of the lizardmen I encountered in Floor 3 are either idiots because they cannot guard themselves or they are already weak to my combat standards.

I am about to go mad of the boredom I am suffering for the past three or four days as I withdraw my black sword and is about to bang it against my tower shield, which is currently raised up in front of me, making myself look like a Roman centurion. Suddenly, I see them...

Around four players are battling a boar, and it is not surprising that even a low level mob like him can be a fuss to fight against due to his tusks and his constant maneuvers. I observe them in a distance, hiding myself behind my tower shield as they manage to kill the boar. At this point, I am deciding whether I should move on...or say hello to them.

I don't understand why I am thinking of this...I'm supposed to be a lone wolf..why suddenly seeking an interest to party up...?

Edited by Gotz
  • 2 weeks later...

Khrysaor was walking on the first floor in the Town of Beginnings, when he decided to go and have a nice stroll out of the safe zone. He traveled for a few minutes through the winding paths of the fields, until he spotted a interesting fight in the distance, with a few players. The only one Khrysaor could recognize at the moment was Zandra, the others were new to him. He observed how the fight was going against the boar, and thought, 'They all seem to be doing alright, no need to interfere just yet.' So, with that in mind Khrysaor walked a up a small hill to a large tree where he would have a good vantage point to watch the fight and placed his sword on the ground. He sat down to watch the battle continue, while relaxing in the shade of the tree.

Itzal was once again on the first floor.  Although he was moving his training sessions to the next floor, he put some time aside to visit the wolves he had befriended a while ago (long story).  He had just recently finished a hunt with them and he was now leaping across the branches of the trees looking for materials.  As he did he thought about the recent events.  Particularly thinking about the people in his lives now.  Kasier and the guild, Beatbox, Teayre and Calrex, his new apprentices.  So much was going on and he was meeting so many new people.  Of course Kasier was the only one he cared more than anyone else, but that didn't mean he couldn't fight and train for others.  He was fighting and training for everyone in this world.  For those who were desperate to escape but were powerless to do so.  As he searched he spotted four fruit hanging and snagged the group, inserting them into his inventory.  When he did he sat on a lower branch to scan the area.

ID#  69795  LD:  10+7=17

+4 MAT

4 Total

@Kasier

Edited by Itzal

ID: 69797
LD: 7

Kasier sighed. It seemed that her attempt to converse with Zandra had failed. Either the woman just decided that she wouldn’t bother with talking to her or she just didn’t hear her. Either way, Kasier can’t just stand there waiting for the woman to speak to her. Instead, she would simply walk away from the battle, from all the commotion and from a variety of different players that seemed to be entertaining themselves with the low-leveled battle that was going on at the moment. Hence, Kasier walked into the nearby forest, seeking to get some material gathering completed. She had already wasted too much time looking at low-leveled players and the technique that they used in combat. It was a shame that Kasier missed the opportunity to ask the two lower-leveled players to join their guild. It didn’t matter though… I doubt those two players would join. She thought, noticing a player in the distance and soon, as she closed in on the player realized that the player was Itzal. “Wow, is it just me? Or do we meet a lot randomly even when we don’t plan to go on dates?” She said as soon as she reached the player.

@Itzal

Edited by Kasier

Itzal spotted two branches and tore them off, noticing that they were Royal Wood.  Satisfied he placed them in his inventory.  As Itzal scanned the area he heard a familiar voice and a warm smile appeared on his lips as he turned to Kasier.  It was rare for him to have to look down to see her and he felt it odd to do so.  "Some would say chance.  Some would say fate.  Me?  I don't care, just as long as it means I get to see you again."  His smile widened as he leaped from the branch and landed on the ground, walking over to Kasier.  "So what are you up to today?  I'm just doing the daily routine so nothing exciting really."  Knowing Kasier felt uncomfortable with certain things, Itzal scanned the area with a sweep of his eyes before giving her a warm hug.  "Anything new happen?  Anything exciting?  Don't hold anything back on me," He said with a grin.

ID#  69799  LD:  19+7=26

+2 Royal Wood

4 MAT

2 Royal Wood

@Kasier

Edited by Itzal

ID: 69801
LD: 19

Kasier embraced the hug that Itzal gave her and accepted it without hesitation. Now, if there were players around, it would be a different story. Kasier didn’t mind getting mushy with Itzal in private but definitely not in the open in front of people… That… Is unacceptable. However, at the moment, she and Itzal was in the middle of nowhere with no one around. It was a miracle that they even met in here. “Well, Itzal. It’s been a really wasteful day. I watched a few low-leveled players fight a boar and I tried to talk to Zandra but she seemed pretty out of it today so I walked away. There were a few players around but none of them were really significant. Geez. I’m hoping to collect some wood for the ship today… Would you mind joining me for some of that material gathering? Maybe we can even grab lunch afterwards.”

+1 Noble Wood

@Itzal

Edited by Kasier

His eyes scanned the area again out of habit and then focused on Kasier's eyes only, listening to what she had to say.  He nodded and he understood what she meant.  Time was a very precious thing and every second counts he thought.  He smiled to her when she asked if he would join her for material gathering and grab lunch afterward.  He took a single step back, bowed slightly to her and said, "As you wish."  With a smile on his face he began to walk beside her, his eyes scanning for any possible materials.  As they did he asked her, "So how's the shop doing?  I noticed it's still opened though I haven't had the chance to drop in yet.  Although I do intend to have a drink or two."  He smiled to her.  "To be fairly honest, I only had coffee once, and that was when I was very much younger...  Let's just say I didn't enjoy it but I'm willing to give it another shot after all these years."

ID#  69804  LD:  3+7=10

@Kasier

Edited by Itzal

ID: 69823
LD: 3

Kasier sighed as Itzal brought up the subject of her shop. The shop had been a bitter topic for her, mostly because she hasn’t crafted in the longest time due to her losing the willingness and interest to craft food items. It was sad, really, that Kasier is now only using her shop as her home, a place to sleep when she is not out grinding for levels and experience or materials. “I don’t really craft that much any more. In fact, the only reason that I’m ever in my shop is to sleep. I guess cooking and making coffee just got really boring for me. That reminds me, I need to go check out your performer shop when I have time. You did offer to give me lessons.” Kasier said, remembering the first time that they met. “Well, let’s go do something more fun!” She shouted, grabbing onto his hand and running deeper into the forest.

Edited by Kasier