{PP-F2} The tools to rise -Esther and myself- <<Earning a Living>>

Domarus stood on the second floor breathing in the warm air.  His servant Keres was practicing material gathering so that she would be at the same level as he was.  His black battle ax hung on his back, ready to strike anything that approached.  However it was unlikely as he selected a place that was void of monsters.  His eyes were closed as he meditated on the recent events.  Arc and Alisa were both potential generals, given the right persuasive push at least.  The girl Esther had led Domarus to Mari, a potions master who had managed to create items that manipulated the minds of other players.  These varied but one was a potion Domarus thought best to be destroyed and forgotten.  He recalled how after the effects of murderous intent had worn off he carried Esther to a peaceful spot on floor one and ended up comforting her with words and gentle strokes on her face until they fell asleep.  He wasn't exactly sure what happened after that but he did know that Esther had opened him up and made him feel like a good guy for the first time.  She seemed to see something in him that he doubted was there.  Then again she saw that with Mari but he couldn't see any light in that woman.  She claimed to hate killing and yet she had been storing a potion that made the consumer into a serial killer.  Afterwords he had decided to open a shop so he could purchase Mari's potions as well as...  Something more specific elsewhere with no problem.  The latter would take a long time to gather col for but if he needed to he could always borrow some from a front liner.  Assuming he could find one at least.

@Esther

Edited by Domarus
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It had been a number of days since Esther last saw Domarus. She had found herself asleep in his lap, his arms drapes lazily over her. She didn't want to wake him so when she woke she silently left, leaving him be. She had been so busy completing quests she hadn't had the chance to thank him. Esther also felt guilty, for the way she acted and the things she said- she wasn't entirely sure he wanted to still talk to her, so she gave him space. To her surprise, he messaged her asking for help with a quest. She quickly responded saying she would - and he gave her his location.

it wasn't long till Esther found him, outside the city and the safe zone. Esther still had no weapons but she had quite a number of levels on her, and a good handle on the search and detect skill. "Domarus!" Her voice greeted him with the usual, cheery warmth she held, despite her concerns of what he thought of her.

Esther took a seat opposite Domarus, the chain slightly dangling to and fro from her neck. "I've gotten stronger! And I shoved all my Esh Peeh into search and detect." She offered him a warm smile, "So I will be super useful in helping you today!"

Domarus heard a familiar voice and smiled before he even opened his eyes.  He saw Esther run up to him greeting him cheerfully like her usual self.  As she seemed herself beside him he sat down as well, wondering if he should put his arm around her or if that would make her embarrassed at what happened before hand.  He liked her company and unlike his servant, who seemed to enjoy his touch in a totally different manner, Esther had seemed to show that she enjoyed the comfort of his embrace in the more gentle way.  The chain still dangled around her collar but by this time he was used to it, despite that he hated it as it represented restraint and the lack of power.  To be completely void of power, to be someone's pet.  He shuddered to think of what that was like.  No he was the opposite.  He would never stand for such a position.  That was why he was so good at what he did.  She told him how she had grown stronger and told him that she had directed her skills toward searching.  While that would be useful it was not the reason he had invited her.  He smiled at her.

"That may be useful but I didn't exactly ask you here for help.  I wanted your company.  And I wanted to know what happened after that day.  How've you been?  Anything bad or good?  And how's Mari treated you since then?"  Domarus would not stand for Mari treating Esther badly after his arrival, though he doubted she would.  While he had watched her tug harshly on the leash she didn't do anything cruel like Domarus' punishments.  And he also wanted to know if she was still upset or embarrassed in any way from the incident, both before and after her collapse.  While he asked he spotted a purple flower and picked it, examining it for a little while before deciding that it would be perfect for what he had in mind.  He could turn this into ink with ease after some practice.  He placed it in his inventory before returning his focus on Esther.

ID#  67713  -><-  LD:  17

@Esther

Edited by Domarus

"O-oh?" Esther asked, surprised that he invited her, mainly to enjoy her company. Esther smiled, it was heart-warming to hear, and such a relief. "I'm glad...I was a little worried you'd maybe not want to talk to me." She glanced away, her smile faltered slightly. "Seems like the trend these days, not wanting to be around me." She closed her eyes and sighed. "Even Arc...I gotta pay him just to keep his company now..." She shook her head. Turning her attention back toward Domarus.

"Y-you want to know how I have been? Really?" The question shocked her, it wasn't often people were interested in what she had been doing, generally people tried to make her talk less, not more. "I...can't exactly complain... I have been slowly working on my levels. I've decided I want to be a support class. Oh! I'm an alchemist now, so I can make healing potions. Mari...." 

Esther paused, her shoulders slouched, "I can't get a read on Mari, at times she's incredibly protective and comforting. Even allowing me to nap in her lap....but other times... It feels like she wants nothing to do with me, especially after that night... I just..." Esther lowered her gaze, "I think I upset her somehow... And I don't know how to fix it... She seems so sad...but so angry...She really is a good person, somewhere in that cold shell of hers. I just... I don't know what to do Domarus..."

Domarus listened as Esther seemed extremely surprised that he wanted her for her company rather than her use.  To be honest he was surprised as well.  Never before had he requested company from anyone.  Even though Keres was his only friend even she had uses that he required of her.  It was his own special trait.  To find other's usefulness and turn it to his will and purpose.  And yet...  This girl had somehow gave him a craving.  The desire to be with someone who actually cared for his purposes not because she was dark, not because he manipulated her, not because she enjoyed pain or being in a submissive position, but because she genuinely cared about him and was willing to hear him out.  Somehow he couldn't let that go.  Then he heard her talk about Arc and his eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"Oh so you've met Arc as well?  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  He seemed to only like me because of my style of fighting.  If I hadn't seemed so vicious in battle he probably wouldn't have any interest in me.  It won't stop me from turning him into my own personal general in the end of course, but that will take time.  It seems you've had worse luck than I've had.  But don't worry, you've got me now.  I'll never let this go."  He listened as she talked about how she was growing better with healing potions and he knew she'd be the exact opposite of Mari.  However if he requested it he was certain that she would make anything for him.  Perhaps in the future she could make potions that manipulated the mind as well.  Just not so dark of course.  His mind went back to the murderous intent potion and listened as she talked about how Mari was cold to Esther after that night.  He sighed.  Of course she was.

"It isn't your fault Esther.  She thinks I'm manipulating you into something horrifying and that fear drives her to hate me.  She thinks your too naive and stupid to really look out for yourself and while I think you could us a lesson or two on how to avoid being manipulated by others, it's not my place.  And I have no grudge against you in any way.  It was the potion Esther, not you.  Unlike the starry eyed illusion it did not take any intention from you, but rather forced you to feel the desire.  Worst thing Mari could make."  The last few words directed at Mari were spit out like poison.  He respected Mari as well as her strength and cruelty, but this was beyond words.  She lost most of his respect for it.  He listened as Esther talked to him about how she had no idea where to go with Mari.  To this he sighed.

"All I'm good at is manipulation Esther.  I need more information on her and her deeds before I can help you with anything.  That's how this game of ours works.  You can't help someone if you know nothing about them.  Once you have details, if you want them changed, you form a plan, and plans to back those up.  All of this to change them into what you think would benefit them, or vice versa."

"Arc a personal...general...?" Esther questioned. It didn't seem like it was in Arcs nature to be side tracked by such an endevor. He seemed set on making his way to the front lines, still... If Domarus and he were getting along, then it just further proved Esthers assumption that Domarus was a good person. Arc wouldn't get along with just anyone. He had a wicked sense of justice. Esther laughed at Domarus' statement. "He's an interesting man."

Domarus said she had worse luck than him, but Esther shook her head, "Mmm- no. I'm very lucky. Life has its ups and downs, if it weren't for those downs, I wouldn't have met someone like you."

Esthers brow furrowed when he said Mari was worried that he was manipulating her. "Why would you do something like that?" She earnestly believed that despite what he said, Domarus was a good person, and wasn't capable of half the cruel things he said he was.

"I wanna at least try to help Mari." Esther said, "besides..." Her hands found the chain linked to the collar around her neck, she glanced away- clearly flustered. "I like the feeling of...comfort, protection...and closeness being collared gives me. If Mari really were sick of me, she'd have cast me aside by now. The fact that she hasn't, it's a little relieving. This talk...thank you, it means a lot."

Esther, whose cheeks were still a bright red turned her eyes back to Domarus. "S-so... What profession were you going to take? Artisan?"

Domarus turned to her as she told him she was actually very lucky and that she was very lucky to have met him.  Now that was something he'd never believed to hear in his lifetime.  Nobody would ever think themselves lucky to run into him.  Well, anyone besides Keres of course, but she was a strange woman.  Why oh why could Esther not get the picture that he manipulated others for his own uses and purpose for a living?  Why could she not see that?  Well she'd see it one way or another.  Perhaps he would have her watch the effects of his breaking Alisa and show her how he repaired the damage in order to make her strong.  She would probably think that he never meant to do her any harm in the end but it was important if she wanted to be with him to know what he was capable of.  However he also wanted her to stay the way she was and he was afraid the event would change her.

"Well I.  I'm not sure how to respond to that one.  You realize that I manipulate others to get what I want correct?"  He listened as she described why she enjoyed wearing the collar and it was his turn for his brow to furrow.  Comfort?  Protection?  Closeness?  She didn't need a collar for any of these.  Especially now that Domarus was her friend.  He could easily replace all three of those.  He would soon become powerful enough to protect her with ease.  He had already comforted her in her distress.  And he was willing to provide closeness if she wished.  And he wouldn't have the same drawbacks as the collar.

"You know you don't need that collar to have those things right?  And a collar is a symbol of enslavement.  I shudder at the thought of having no power and while you say you do, that collar continues to scream at me otherwise.  If you truly enjoy it I'll leave the matter be."  He placed his arm around her.

"But a collar cannot feel.  Remember that."  

Domarus told Esther that he manipulated others, she glanced away - "mmm... But doesn't everyone do that?" She asked, "I mean, in some form or another- I mean, I'm sure I've done that too. You're just honest enough to admit it, is all." She turned her gaze back to him with a smile, "Right?"

Domarus went to explain the connotations that came with wearing a collar, that despite Esther being free- the collar screamed otherwise. She didn't exactly agree. "N..no it's not just that it's..." Esther gave Domarus an exasperated look, it was difficult to describe - how was she meant to say that she honestly enjoyed the feeling of having a collar around her neck, and to a further extent  being lead around, but she couldn't outright say that... It was too embarrassing.

He threw an arm around her, leaving her with some final sagely advice. The young woman pouted, crossing her arms. "Would you be saying this if it were your collar on me?" 

Domarus listened as Esther told him that everyone manipulates others to their will in some manner or another.  What an odd girl this was.  He supposed she was right to a point, but not to the extent he went to.  Still there seemed to be nothing to change that.  He never looked at it her way and it would be an interesting new perspective to try observing.  He nodded to her point.  Then he saw her struggle to explain the collar.  She really wanted to defend it didn't she?  Then she asked if he would be telling her this if it was his collar on her with a pout like face.  He sighed and was silent for a moment.

"Esther first of all, I wouldn't suggest the collar in the first place, not even to get you to leave like that Mari.  I don't actually try to push anyone away as it messes up my plans.  If you truly enjoy the collar that's perfectly fine I suppose.  It just...  Believe it or not I actually know what it's like to be without power.  It's a cold world.  Cruel and twisted, having to depend on others at every turn.  But when I rose in power I didn't need anyone.  While you aren't exactly like that Esther, as you have a profession and a place to live, skills that allow you to get by, and while I respect your decisions, that collar brings back the memories of slavery to me.  The slavery of dependency..  However I can see what you mean to some extent.  I suppose I could overlook the downfall if you say there is none.  I have heard of people wearing collars in the real world as a fashion statement though I find it ridiculous."  He made another sigh as he allowed his tensed muscles from the conversation relax.  This might be as hard for him as it was for her, except that he wasn't embarrassed.  Still he had just promised her that he would overlook his view on collars for her so that was what he would do.  From here on out he would not point it, or it's representation out unless she desired him to.  It was her decision and if she enjoyed it that was her choice not his.  People were entitled to their own opinions.  Come to think of it actually, this wasn't nearly as strange as Keres' wishes.  He decided to trail onto a more comfortable topic for Esther.

"And yes I want to become an Artisan.  I can make lots of things that others will buy for col as I need it desperately.  I intend on giving other players tattoos as well.  Figured it would be a good thing in this world."

(last post on my phone then its normal posts yay)

Esther gave a few nods toward Domarus, listening to his view. He was very much against such a thing as being collared. Which Esther had to admit she found a little odd, with all his talks on followers - she thought it may just be a kink of his. Still, she wasn't  going to change his view, and respected him more - for not wanting to change her view on the matter either. Esther gave Domarus a reassuring smile. "Really." She said, "I'm completely fine with it. If I wasn't, I wouldn't wear it." She puffed out her chest, speaking in a proud tone, "I may not look it, but I'm pretty stubborn when push comes to shove. It's hard to sway me when I want something."

"Although..." Esther shifted out from under his arm, only to grab hold of his hand, offering him a comforting squeeze. "If it gives you such reminders, I don't mind taking it off around you. The main reason I wear it around so often  is because honestly - it seems like a chore to put it on and off all the time, so I just leave it on. I like you, and honestly enjoy your company. I really appreciate that you're being honest with me - so I wanna do the same, and make sure that you're comfortable around me too."

The conversation shifted back to his profession, her eyes lit up when he said he wanted to be an Artisan. "OH! like trinkets, and jewellery and things...." She fished around in her brown belt, which held numerous pouches for materials. "Here.." She pulled out a small canvas, with a picture of a spyglass on it. "I got this from an artisan - it helps me find things, funnily enough. So I keep it on my person at all times." Esther quickly put it back away. "Tattoos also sound neat - I kinda wanted to get one back home, but could never decide on what...." She laughed. 

"I'll tell ya what, Domarus. I'll help you gather the materials you need with my wonderful looting skills and in return, you figure out a tattoo for me, deal?"

•  

Domarus listened to Esther as she replied and gave a soft laugh as she showed how stubborn she was.  Good good.  She wasn't one to back down.  He was less fearful than he was before.  At least her own personal beliefs could not be shaken.  That was always a good sign.  Even if he wanted to manipulate her it was good.  He was a master and could eventually, over time, change her mind and once he had done so she would stick with it no matter what.  However he had no intention of changing the girl.  Then she moved his arm off of her and was wondering if she didn't enjoy that sort of thing after all when she held onto his hand with a soft squeeze.  She thanked him for understanding and that she wouldn't mind taking it off though it seemed tiresome for her to do it.

"If you enjoy it you don't have to take it off.  Although if you ever did you realize you could simply pull up the menu and make it vanish rather than take it off physically right?  And thank you Esther."  She seemed to get excited when he said he was becoming an artisan and she pulled out a canvas.  He examined the painting and admitted that it was very well done.  She told him that it helped her find things and nodded as he understood it was a buff item.  He turned to her as he handed it back and listened as she said she wanted a tattoo but was unsure of what.  Then she made him promise that he would help her decide and give it to her and he chuckled.

"Very well, but you'll need to pay col.  I can't give away anything for free unfortunately.  I need it that badly.  Let's get searching."  He rose to his feet and wondered how far his servant had wandered.  Probably not very far but that was yet to be seen.  Domarus walked along the fields and scanned for suitable flowers but when he reached for one it turned to ash as he approached.

"The very flowers hate me.  Not that I didn't expect that," he chuckled.

ID#  67785  LD:  14

Edited by Domarus
Esther laughed, "Yeh...I know I can take it via the menus, but even that seems like such a chore." She gave him a cheeky grin as she stuck her tongue out. "Maybe I'm just secretly really lazy, eh?" The woman wasn't sure why he had thanked her, but she wasn't going to question it. Her outtings with Arc had taught her not to be so damn nosy all the time. Not everything had to have a reason, and Esther didn't have to know everything about everyone. 

"I suppose I can pay, but I expect a discount. Call it a mmmm..." She tilted her head to the side, and lilac locks spilled over her shoulders in a silken cascade, "A friend tax...yeh. No wait....that sounds bad, call it a uh - 'helping fee' no wait...that also sounds bad." She threw her hands up, exasperated. "Fine. You win. I'll pay full price, but only because you need it." She conceded, albeit there wasn't much point, as the only person Esther was fighting, was herself. "Did you spend what I gave you already?" she asked, changing from a playful tone to a serious one. "I mean - I can't exactly give you that much again, but if you ever need something small like that, you let me know - ok?"

Esther stood, and followed Domarus to a patch of flowers. She pursed her lips, wondering what an Artisan would need flowers for. Dye maybe? His first attempt yeilded a failure, and he said that even the flowers hate him. Esther gave a tut-tut. "Now, now Domarus. Haven't you seen that old movie....Alice in Wonderland. The flowers are rude and picky. They're just buttheads...here...ah.... crackerjacks..." Esther had failed to pick the material from the flower too.

"Well...I guess I am pretty new at this myself..."

ID# 67788   LD:4+3 =7
Edited by Esther

Domarus listened to Esther ask for a discount and felt like that was going to come up sooner or later.  He was about to agree to her terms for a ten or twenty percent discount when she told him not to worry about it that she would pay it normally.  He was going to insist that he accept her request but decided not to.  Not only did he need the col but it could become a little project or goal for her to work toward.  A reason for her to collect col.  Then again he could make a deal with her.  He grinned at Esther.

"I'll give you a twenty percent discount if you'll promise that I'll be your personal Artisan ok?"  He wondered how everything would work out.  He wanted to get the best business so he figured that would be somewhere in the first floor, maybe at a crossroad or something, between the gate and the warping station.  That way it would be in view to everyone either living in the town or others visiting, or even players visiting the town to help lowlies, grind mobs or help out with a quest.  The first floor seemed to be the most popular floor so it only made sense.  Once he did that he'd need to come up with a decent name for his shop, as well as a decent look.  He'd have a room filled with beds so he could bed players without a home or shop of their own, thus bringing his reputation up greatly.  He'd have a separate room for either crafting or placing tattoos on players, a chest to store his stacked inventory, and of course the hidden room underground to hold meetings with his future followers.  With the shop he'd save up col and.  Well, become more powerful hopefully but it was actually a gamble.  He watched as Esther failed to collect a flower and tried looking for anything he could use.  He thought he spotted a decent flower but when he bent down to see it he noticed it hadn't fully bloomed yet.  He wondered if that made it an item that couldn't be taken.  He touched it gently and the pedals opened up suddenly and sprayed a disgusting cloud like smell at him, causing him to cough and wave the smell away.

ID#  67807  LD:  6

@Esther

Edited by Domarus

"Personal Artisan?" Esther repeated in earnest surprise, she gave him a friendly slap on the arm, "if that's all then I guess I am forced to agree." It was a simple enough request, and Esther didn't mind helping him out. "I'll even go one step further and reccomend you to my friends." She held up 3 fingers to signal the amount, "all 3 of them!"

"you know, artisans would also collect things like minerals or rocks- we cou-" she stopped and started laughing. The poor man had just literally had his efforts blow up in his face, "oh my gosh..." She exclaimed between fits of laughter, throwing her head back. "You poor soul!" Esther fanned her nose in front of her face. " That stinks... Ahaha..haha are you ok?" 

The lilac haired woman knelt down near him, placing a hand on his back to gingerly rub it. "Wanna look somewhere else?"

Domarus growled and cursed after the eruption from the plant and went so far as to draw his weapon and smash it down on the plant, destroying it and it's other species into shattered crystals.  He sheathed his blade and nodded to Esther.

"Yes lets...  Though if we're going I'll need to call my servant so I guess you'll be meeting her today."  Domarus wasn't sure how this would turn out.  Keres was a loyal servant but she could also be sarcastic, mischievous, rude and was good at making other's uncomfortable with inappropriate comments.  He was sure he told Esther that she enjoyed being punished by him and he tried to tell her that he could be cruel in doing so, but he still wasn't sure if she would be fine with it.

"Don't be afraid of anything I do to Keres Esther.  Remember that she enjoys it and...  She's my only way to vent out my frustrations.  KERES!  GET OVER HERE!"  Domarus waited for his servant to emerge and she did so.  She moved as a servant would but when she saw the girl by his side she grinned mischievously.

"Have you seduced another woman to serve you my Lo-"  Domarus smacked her hard across the face and she collapsed on the ground, her face hidden for a moment but when she turned to look at him Esther could see a smile that revealed her pleasure.  "Talk like that again and it will be far worse."  

"I was only complimenting your skills with wo-"  Domarus struck her again with a branch he now carried for such a purpose.  Until he could purchase something better equipped for this he had nothing else.  He struck her until she apologized and she rose to her feet.  Now satisfied with the pleasure she had been granted she resumed her servant like role.  Domarus prayed that Esther would accept this odd relationship and move on.  He turned to her with an apology on his face tell ing her that he was sorry she had to see this.  However she had asked for him to hide nothing and he had promised he would.

Domarus pushed Esther's hand off, exploding in rage at the digital flowers, "Whoa... It's ok..." Esther stood, trying to calm him down, it was a little unnerving to see him explode without warning like that. Esther grabbed her now thumping heart, breathing a sigh of relief as he sheathed his weapon before turning to her.

"Huh?" Esther was mildly surprised as he mentioned someone was joining them. "Oh, I didn't know. That's nice," she smiled- "I'm glad to meet one of your friends Domarus."

Then, with his booming voice he called for her, Esther didn't realize that his friend was floating around, and wished she had known sooner. She felt a little rude not introducing herself earlier.

Keres, that was her name, she shifted soundlessly, head lowered and arms folded nearly in front of her. She looked up and offered Esther a grin. Esther smiled innocently back, "I'm Esther, it's a pleasure to meet you- err seduced?" Esther glanced toward Domarus, "Bit of a skirt chaser ar-WHOA!" Esther cringed as Domarus drew his hand hard across Keres' face. She winced, how could he so non-chalontly do that? How was the girl not phased? 

It was with such force that Keres was thrown to the ground, be damned with what Domarus said- Esther knelt down next to Keres- "Are you ok? That didn't hurt did it? The pain limiters are working fine?"

Keres spoke again, but her words were drowned out by the whipping sound of the branch, Esther had to shuffle back to make sure she wasn't in the line of fire. Esther covered her own head, shielding it with her arm. The heck!? Domarus... How could you be ok with doing this? 

When all was said and done, Esther didn't know how she should feel. Keres was standing now, more pertinent than before. Esther slowly rose to her feet, as Domarus glanced at her Esther just stated back, a questioning, pained look of disbelief. 

"Why?"

Domarus was afraid of this.  She would never understand.  Understand the frustration, the anger, the..  Pain that built up inside him.  Originally he released all this built up dangerous emotions on inanimate objects but it wasn't enough.  When Raven came to him and told him that she knew who he was and that she wanted to be beaten, even he was hesitant at first.  However the more he did it the more she begged for more, and over time it became a normal thing for him.  She asked for pain and he was able to release his frustrations.  He saw Esther's hurt look and Domarus didn't know how to respond.  However, to his ultimate and complete surprise which he was unable to hide, Keres stepped forward and smiled gently to Esther.

"A few things mistress.  I want this sort of treatment, in fact I begged for it when we met for the first time.  He wasn't willing to until I provoked him.  It's good for him too as he has a lot of things on his mind.  Things happening around him, and more...  Personal feelings and thoughts.  Particularly related to his-"

"Keres," he muttered, not wanting her to go too far.  Esther might go either way now and in case she decided to go against him he didn't want her possessing his own personal history.  Keres bowed slightly to him and turned back to Esther with a gentle smile.

"The point is that much like how your mistress Mari was a bit uncomfortable using your collar, so was Domarus when he first beat me.  However when he saw that I gained pleasure from it, and as he was able to leech out the pain he holds in, it became normal after our years of doing it.  Please don't fear him Esther, he only does this to me because I want too.  At least, me and those who prey and torture on the weak.  He protects us Esther.  He doesn't mean any harm."  Domarus said nothing and didn't look Esther in the eyes.  He was frustrated that Keres had spilled all of these secrets to Esther, but he figured he had no choice.  If she was willing to listen he might even share his real history.  So far Keres was the only one to know.  If not well...  He'd have a long night ahead of him.  If she accepted this he would promise never to do so again in her presence.

Edited by Domarus

Esther wrinkled her nose, as Keres referred to her as mistress. It wasn't a title Esther was comfortable with. "Please don't..." She muttered. Still not exactly sure how she felt about the scene of debauchery that she was just forced to watch. Keres tried to explain that she wanted it. Esther didn't understand why anyone would want to be mercilessly beaten senseless, and why anyone was so able and willing to do so. She shot Domarus another cautious gaze. Just what was with these two? The scene rattled Esther. "There's a difference." Esther muttered, her hand finding her way up to her collar. "I don't moan and buck like some wanton-" Esther stopped herself, biting down on her tongue, her words were rude and uncalled for. "Sorry..."

She turned her gaze to Keres. "It's...not exactly appropriate to do so in public though, is it?" Esther asked Keres, her question rather pointed. Brows furrowed. "Especially the way you moan and whimper...It's not exactly public friendly...can't you save that sort of thing for the bedroom? Or a private moment...." She looked from Keres to Domarus. "I'm not....I'm not going to judge the way two people who love each other interact with each other...especially if they're consenting adults..." Esther shook her head, her voice gaining traction as she found resolve in her words. "But there is a time and place for such deviant acts. That time and place. Is not here. It's incredibly uncomfortable to watch. I don't want to see that."

She turned her gaze away from the two of them. "I don't know why you made me see that. It feels like its too private a thing."

Esther didn't exactly fear Domarus, but it was clear his actions planted many seeds of doubt within her. Esther didn't like how easily and ruthlessly he had beaten the girl, despite what she said. Esther didn't like that she had to witness it, and how he went from spitting bile and venom to kind, soft words at the drop of a hat. It unnerved her.

As Domarus feared, she had lost total trust in him.  However this was something that couldn't be helped.  She would have found out sooner or later and better to have him openly share this secret than her wandering in and discovering it that way.  He stood there in silence as she spoke to him, looking her in the eyes this time.  He nodded to her as she told him not to do it in public.  Then she showed her obvious distaste and upsetness at him showing her.

"I only showed you for two reasons.  The first being that you told me not to hide anything.  I have been very open to you thus far and as everyone has a weakness, or trait that isn't good, you have seen mine.  I have to vent on something or someone otherwise I can turn ugly.  I used to vent on inanimate objects until she started begging me and while it's a bit uncomfortable it works.  I've never done this in public before and the second reason I showed you is that you would have found out sooner or later.  I would rather show and explain it to you then to have you walk in and judge the situation with your eyes and ears rather than listening to me.  Surely you can understand how the result would be entirely different between those two scenarios?  I promise that this will never be shown again.  But know this Esther.  Nobody can hold emotions in.  Everyone needs a way out.  It's just unfortunate that I'm wired to release it in a more violent manner.  I've tried other ways but nothing seems to work.  If you really want the details on where this trait came from then I'll tell you but only if you really want to know.  It's not something I just tell people.  In fact other than whatever secret this starry eyed potion will reveal to me, that's probably the last secret I have to share with you."  Well Domarus had done it.  He had shared his darkest secret with this innocent girl and had given all his reasons.  If anyone could forgive him for these actions it was Esther.  And if she didn't accept it and was still angry at him then he would know for certain that he was a twisted man and he had to live with it.  He already believed that of course but little Esther had placed her own little seeds of doubts in Domarus' mind.  He didn't realize it just yet but she was influencing him without his knowing, much like how he does so with others when he manipulates them.  However she was doing so in a totally different direction.  Keres bit her lower lip as she had never seen Domarus reveal so much, or speak in such a way to anyone but her.  She was fine with it of course, he needed others, but it was abnormal.

Domarus further tried explaining himself, and why he had shown her what he did. It still didn't sit right with Esther, sure, she told him not to hide anything - but she didn't intend to see some sort of sexual act performed right in front of her. Even if he didn't see it that way, it was clear Keres did. "I suppose..." Was her response to him stating that she may have found out sooner or later, perhaps not in such a harsh light, but if this was the sort of thing he did - no doubt Esther would have found out. She was incessantly nosy after all.

"I can't argue with you there."" She mumbled, crossing her arms, feeling defeated as Domarus explained that her reaction to the entire situation would have been a lot worse if she were to just happen upon it with no form of clarification. In a sense, that was what had happened, Domarus did explain some things to her, but hadn't given her enough time to interject, or even process the action before literally whipping another person in front of her.

"I don't know...." Esther said, shifting her arms to rub her shoulders. "If this past of yours is anything like what I just saw....I don't think I can handle all that information right now." She turned away, this wasn't exactly how she thought today would end up. "Don't get me wrong...I'm not really going anyway Domarus...just I don't think I could handle any more revelations. Not right now."

Esther offered him a small smile, "Rather...shouldn't we be getting your profession right now?"