[F2-PP] Meek and Mild (Esther)

Rin's heart hadn't been fully with her today, since her shop started up she really didn't have all that much business be it with the NPC's or normal player character since she was at a crossroad in her crafting days. She had been spending all her time creating as many items as she possibly could, most of them sadly for herself as she was still a weak and lacked the fighting experience to move to new horizons.Hard work and training weren't the only things that paid off while one grew up within the limits of Aincrad. Rin's eyes now bounced around through the mountaintops of Urbus a great settlement seemingly founded within the center of a crater. As she furrowed her brow she began to question how this game decided on these types of environment, but then Kayaba did create it so he probably based it off of the real world and left only the ruling of this strange land to the cardinal system which put players through the most dangerous peril or the most loving unions between oneself and another player. It was lonely to say the least when you no longer had someone, or devastating as the case may be if you had and lost that special person while traversing these lands. Nothing could prevent that the tragedy of lost, except them. Rin sat there upon the edge of the city giving a rather saddened sigh as she was feeling the burden of being a player who wasn't attempting to get them out of here.

"You really ought to attempt to fight some of the monsters some day Rin, you know it's not possible to solely survive just being here among the people watching as others give their lives. Even if it means I just need to craft better gear I should attempt."

The dark ebony hair now shining as the sun was directly over head, she honestly couldn't tell if the time zone in this game followed with that of the real world or if each and every city was structured around it's own internal clock that would dictate when lunch or dinner was. As she sat their in silence she then groaned and planted her own head into her thighs where she sat still attempting to figure out how any of this worked. People being trapped in a game this all frankly sounded like a science fiction novel that she would have picked up and start reading, but she knew this was life.

"Ugh I should head back to the shop."

She sighed a finger now hooking into the pink collar she made for herself, she thought all the cool kids were wearing them now a days as she saw one person wearing one and the other ordered it form her.

@Esther

Esther was walking through the town on the second floor. Her step didn't have the usual carefree bounce to it, her hands were folded over her chest, pressing the cold chain into the gap between her breasts. Her long lilac hair, usually down - was up in a low ponytail, except the few stubborn bangs which lined her face. She hadn't had any plans that day - and it seemed as though her friend list was beginning to dwindle. Just as quickly as she gained 'friends' she seemed to loose them, despite her cheery attitude and optimistic beliefs. The woman gave a soft, defeated sigh. It felt as though the weight of the digital world was crushing down on her lately. It was a wonder that the front liners were all killing each other. Esther was only just beginning to adventure out of her own comfort zone and she had already been poisoned, abused, collared, unfriended, and called a liar. It was a difficult series of events. That was for sure, but she didn't regret any of them. Today, was going to be a day for her Esther decided she needed a day where she didn't travel, didn't go on quests or hire mercenaries, didn't drink any strange potions or get attacked by mobs. It was going to be a relaxing, peaceful day.

As Esther neared the outer limits of Urbus, she noticed another figure, one who looked dejected. One who looked familiar. "Oh!" Esther exclaimed as she recalled the familiarity. She waltzed up to the girl, "Hey - you're the one that made my collar right." Esther blinked as she noticed the girl with one around her own neck. "Oh! You got one too, it looks good on you." Esther paused, realising she had unwittingly interrupted a private moment.

"Uhm...." Her tone changed to one of a more reserved, worried tone. "Are you ok?"

Urbus was quite the beautiful town, of course higher level cities were far more luxurious and resort like but this was a rather plain and simple town that allowed people to just live and watch as life passes oneself. The days were filled with mystery and marvel that she wouldn't even know, every passing minute was a wonderful new sign to how she could grow up in the world. Perhaps I should have worn my Katz Costume out again, but I think it was about time for me to actually be myself besides they won't even realize it's me ... I think so long as I don't do anything that would give myself away that is. In that moment her world came crashing down from a familiar voice, one that only was heard at her shop thus far in her adventure in the game as she bought her collar from the Katz Kneadz. She blinked and turned around as she was addressed further giving Esther the reckoning that she somehow managed to understand that underneath all that cloth and material she was indeed the girl who owned the store where she built both their collars. Her heart pounded frantically as she contemplated how to fix this. How observant was she, what gave her away was it the collar she could have bought it as well from her store though how?

"I'm sorry you have me mistaken for someone else, I merely bought this collar from the crazy cat costume girl. I'm not actually her I mean she would never walk about outside without her little uniform I imagine."

After her little talk attempting to fix the subject of Esther thinking she was somehow the provider of the Katz Kneadz shop. She winced and bit her lip as she attempted to remain calm as her own body was beginning to quiver from the lack of nerves she had in dire predicaments. Rin's eyes looking about the town as she wondered if it was best to just run away at this point, but that would only confirm suspicions of the pinkette girl. She instead wandered over both hands holding tightly to one another to prevent her trembling body from further exposing her.

@Esther

Edited by Rin

Esther tilted her head when the girl said it wasn't her. She was sure it was the same voice... "mmm.... I'm sorry..." Esther said, straightening and crossing her arms. "You both just sound very similar." Esther shrugged, she often got things wrong, so a case of mistaken identity wasn't too far fetched. "I don't think she's crazy...I think it's pretty  neat to be able to wear something like that." Esther laughed. "I'm a little envious - maybe I should get a tailor to make me something similar. Ohhh..." She bought a single index finger up to her lightly coloured lips. "I don't want her to think I'm ripping off her look though. Mmm, Yeh I think I'm getting a little ahead of myself." Esther shook her head, "Oh well."

She turned her green eyes back toward the brown haired girl, she was clearly nervous. Her hands trembled as they continually interwove with themselves. Did the girl not do well in social situations? It was a haphazard guess, Esther couldn't exactly ask 'oh hey, you look nervous does talking to people bother you?' That'd be a major no when it came to social anxiety issues. It probably didn't help that Esther had completely mistaken her for someone else.

"Well, I'm very sorry I made that mistake." Esther said earnestly. "I'm Esther, it's a pleasure to meet you. Maybe I'll see you around yeh?" She offered the timid girl a warm smile, and continued on her way. Even Esther had the courtesy to not pester someone who was having a difficult time. Instead, she was going to continue onward - to her original destination. The small Cafe nearby, apparently they made the best hot chocolates around. She wanted to see just how true that was. Not to mention it'd be nice to get a good endorphin kick after all the drama that she had surrounded herself with lately.

"Arc can have his alcohol...I'll have my sugar." She muttered happily to herself.

Rin watched as Esther became rather confused on the whole subject, it seemed that she now had some uncertain notions to whether her first instinct about the matter were in fact correct. A silent sigh of relief would pass over Rin as she now smiled back to the girl waving her hands nonchalantly as she wanted to make it appear she didn't really mind being called out as herself on accident. It was a pleasure to see her so happy about the cat costume that she ultimately designed for her own explorations of this game and personality of other players. A hand now rested against the back of her before she approached even closer to Esther, her eyes still a bit fixed upon the collar as she wanted to understand why they were a fashion accessory as she assumed that was the only reason she wore one. Rin's hand now pointed up toward the collar about her neck rather curious as she queried the girl. As Esther asked her about whether or not she liked talking to people Rin blushed.

"I don't mind talking to people I just am not really good at it right now, I was sorta hoping to find some people who could help me fix that little problem with myself. W-wait you are already going?"

Rin now glanced about and saw as her new companion began to wander off, she wasn't really ready to just back away from a possible friendship in the making. She needed something to talk about and make that stat. Perhaps she could ask her to accompany her on a material gathering quest, or possibly just ask her out for some lunch she had made some money, grant it not much. She stood there silently nibbling her bottom lip till she had been left standing there alone.

"Um hey wait up! Where were you going and do you mind if I tag along, I sorta had a question to ask you about the collar? I have to ask I saw another girl wearing one of these collars before and after seeing the Katz owner selling them I only imagined they must be all in the rage now so I was wondering if you knew how they caught on or have a reason you personally wear it?"

"Oh...Oh gosh..." Esther turned as she heard the other girl call out to her. Crap I thought she didn't want to be around anyone. Esther had once again misinterpreted the situation. She assumed by the way the  girl was acting, she didn't want to be bothered, or have any sort of company, when - as she explained. She just wasn't good at talking to people in general. Esther had what you would call a magnetic personality, she was incredibly outgoing, and generally was able to attract the attention of others, be it good or bad. So for her, it was difficult to understand someone from the other end of the spectrum, but she wasn't ignorant enough to assume it was an easy feat. 

Esthers lightly coloured lips curled up into a friendly smile. "Sure, I was just considering going to that there inn." She pointed a manicured finger to the quaint establishment just a few doors down. "It's been hectic lately, and I just wanted to sit down and relax with some hot chocolate. Would you like to join me." Esther, being careful not to upset the timid girl gestured for her to follow. "The Collar...." Esther placed a hand on the collar, fingers tracing the O-Ring, then sliding down to the thin silver chain. "I didn't know they were a fashion statement. I wear mine for a personal reason." Esther turned to look down at the other girl. She was just a few inches shorter, her eyes were shielded  by her hair, Esther didn't know much about her, she didn't even know her name - still, there was no reason to lie to her. 

"Someone named Mari. I suppose you could call her my owner...my mentor? Something like that I guess." Esther pointed to the one around the other girls neck, "and what about you? Do you wear it because you can?" 

They had arrived at the Inn, and Esther opened the door, letting both her and the other girl in, they took a seat at a small table away from the main thoroughfare. "What's your name by the way?" Esther asked, deciding that she'd much rather have a name to a face, rather than referring to the other as 'timid girl' 

"It's ok really I didn't mean to make you feel bad."

Rin frowned realizing that she always managed to make people feel bad or uncomfortable about her she thought of it as a horrible curse sometimes thanks to her own socially awkward ways.  She sighed rather drearily as she realized that she really was an off-putting person now her own company feeling bad for not being able to read her emotions. The situation only growing more awkward as she sensed that the girl before her probably had no issue with the predicament of socializing. Perhaps she should  ask her for an apprenticeship in public speaking or the like.

As Esther's lips managed to form a smile, Rin's nerves began to release their tension that was building up within them, at least she managed to salvage some part of this conversation although was it really her salvaging it. A  sigh of relief now passed through her lips as she listened to her companion. She preferred it that way, the other person talking and she listening intently from a rather safe distance as she didn't want to open up to much to strangers.  As she heard the possibility of hot chocolate Rin smiled nodding her head yes as the gesture would be an interesting one at least. The second thought about the collar however seemed to leave them in awkward territory again as she seemed to not want to say the exact reason for it.

"Yes please I would like that very much. Umm sorry if the reason is to personal you don't have to tell me honest."

As the reached the Inn Rin began to realize that she hadn't properly introduced herself.

"Oh right my name is Rin pleasure to meet you."

@Esther

Esther shrugged, waving off Rin's concerns as she apologized. "t's alright, really. I tend to either shove my business where it doesn't belong, or get the wrong social cue. We all make mistakes."  Instead, Esther laughed, pointing to herself. "Oh gosh....this one time, on my way to university. I thought this guy needed help carrying his luggage onto the train, so I thought I would be nice and help. Turns out he was trying to get off the train! Oh boy did I stuff that one up." She laughed, hoping the story would ease Rin's concerns.

The lilac haired girl signalled for the waiter, and ordered two hot chocolates, one for herself and one for Rin. While she waited for them to arrive, she turned back to Rin. As the subject of the collar came up again. "Oh! well..." Esther glanced away, "It's not exactly personal I mean...I can't call it personal if I'm wearing it around in public. Right?" She turned her green eyes back to the timid girl before her.  "As I said, a girl named Mari - she's in a sense... My mentor err protector, or owner - whatever you want to call it."

The two hot chocolates arrived and Esther pushed one toward Rin, it was topped with a large serving of whipped cream, and two red cherries. 

"Enjoy."

"You're rather lucky that you aren't like me, it's rather lonely to be constantly hiding out watching over your shoulder as you see how much fun the rest of them are having. Grant it dying in a video game that is out to test the bonds of society isn't the biggest idea of fun in my mind."

Rin now looked over to the table that the would pick, as she railed over she began to think to herself where she would be if she had been more courageous like her companion here. If she had said or done anything like that would she have someone to have an apprenticeship with, sadly she knew that the two were alchemists so she doubted any help could come of that. As a waiter came by with the two mugs of hot cocoa she then blinked rather startled by the last concept the girl had stated. Owner what did she mean by that? Her eyes locked on Esther a certain amount of jealous swelling in her heart as she wished she still had someone to cling onto at least she had this Mari character however odd the case may be.

"Thank you for not just leaving me alone I guess your apprenticeship is in Alchemy then since when I was going to make the collar I left to your companions shop to get a potion. She seemed rather nice."

The girl now returned to sipping her coffee as her eyes looked down into the dark brown cocoa. 

@Esther

Edited by Rin

Esther frowned when the brown haired girl lowered her eyes, soft voice wavering as she spoke about how lucky Esther was. How she was worried about the troubles this game bought, always watching her back - always keeping a distance from everyone. It sounded like such a  melanchony way of existing. Esther fiddled with her hot chocolate, soft eyes still focused on Rin. "You know..." Esther began, "I think all you need is just one or two people who you are able to converse with, to be friends with. Then it won't seem so lonely - even if they aren't with you all the time. They're just a message away- yanno?"

Esther took a long drink of the frothy beverage, setting it down and licking the whipped cream from her upper lip. "mmm~" She agreed, still finishing her mouthful of drink. Swallowing Esther continued. "Yeh, Alchemy. Although admittedly we haven't exactly discussed much of it. I just sorta...follow her around sometimes." Esther laughed awkwardly, it sounded as though she was stalking Mari. It wasn't exactly the case, she just continually insisted on being around the pink haired girl. "You went to Mari's shop?" Esther added, suddenly feeling a little worried. Most people didn't have the best impression of Mari.

Not Rin though, Rin...her words - she said Mari seemed nice.

Esther's eyes lit up, as she became a little too excited, eclaiming loudly. "RIGHT?"  A few patrons around them shot the two girls strange glances, Esther stared right back, as though challenging them to say anything. She cleared her throat, turning to Rin with an apologetic look ."Ah...Sorry. It's just that not many people see her in that light. Everyone treats her so badly. They all dislike her. It must be lonely for her." Esther looked back up at Rin smiling. "I'm sure hearing that your first impression of her was a good one, would make her happy. Even if she didn't show it."

The lass now stopped sipping her hot chocolate as she heard the advise of Esther and how the world was filled with people even now, that were still willing to talk to, the only issue being was those who wanted to act as a counselor of sorts for her own problems.  As she thought about it she transitioned through a few ranges of emotion at first agreement as a smile waxed over her face and then despair as she seemingly fell back into her own self-loathing rut. Rin sighed and shivered shaking her head back and forth realizing that was probably not going to work for her although she did prefer communicating with others via text base chats she didn't have much to talk about which made those awkward.

"I don't think I could do that to someone else, not after losing him in the way he went."

Rin softly spoke not really going into depth of how she lost a beloved friend, a boy friend no less who was attempting to fight upon the front lines to help protect those who were to weak to fight for the cause. Esther still seemed quite upbeat though as she jumped up excitedly agreeing with her previous comment about Mari whom she honestly didn't know that well. The alchemist merely was quite generous in her offering of a potion to attempt and create young Esther's collar. A blush now spread over Rin's face as she sunk into her seat merely nodding her head in agreement to Esther's exclamations.

"I don't think she really cared to much about me entering, she probably ... wouldn't even recognize me."

As she mentioned that she then began to realize that she had gotten to comfortable with her conversation with Esther and was already blabbing about information that only the girl in the costume would know. She quickly took a swig of the hot cocoa now attempting to fill her mouth so she wouldn't keep making the same mistake.

@Esther

Esther wasn't stupid, but, at times like this, she wasn't exactly smart either. She was too wrapped up in her excitement that Rin had met Mari, and hadn't immediately hated her. Esther was greatly appreciative of that, and so thankful for Rin - that she didn't quite realise that Rins words insinuated that She was indeed the one whom made the Collar. No doubt, things would finally click later, be it a few moments, or a few hours - and she'd feel quite the fool, but right now - her mind was elsewhere. "Mari is pretty attentive. She'd probably reconcile you, she's good at things like that - unlike me, and that case of mistaken identity." Esther laughed before downing half her drink. She was enjoying Rins company. The other girl was quiet, but Esther didn't mind. she seemed lovely.

"The way he went?" Esther asked, her voice quietening down, in this game - that normally only meant one thing. Esther shifted, moving away from her seat, and grabbing a spare - rather loudly dragging it across the wooden floor till it was right up against Rins. She ignored Arcs advice about keeping her distance, and keeping her hands to herself. That didn't matter right now. What mattered, was this young, shivering girl. Esther waited for Rin to set down her glass before wrapping both arms around Rin's shoulders, pulling her into a side-hug. "I don't know what happened." Esther mumbled, "I don't know you well." She continued, "But I won't go anywhere." she finished, her tone no longer filled with unbridled excitement, but rather - a compassionate warmth. It pained Esther to see Rin suddenly mention something so sad, and there was little Esther could do to change the past. All she could do was offer her support in the present. 

Rin felt herself pulled into a partial hug her side and chest now pushed into Esther as she blinked rather startled as she watched Esther pulling a wooden chair from beside their own table. The loud screeching noise caused a bit of discomfort, but nothing could measure up to the awkward sensation of being pulled into the warm embrace with Esther. Her teary eyes now halting as the salty liquid in her tear ducts would glisten with the shop light. A rather nervous arm joined into the embrace as she now wrapped one around Esther's side. This was probably the first affectionate contact she had with another human since Alex passed on into wherever this game took dead players. As she spoke so sweetly about not leaving, Rin began to lose her emotions once again the tears starting back up as she maneuvered herself almost onto Esther's lap. Rin's face now nuzzling into her neck as she cried gently brushing them off in the crook of Esther's neck. After what was probably a good two minutes of crying she would peel herself back. Tear stains now ran down her cheek and a rather cheerful smile as she laughed insecurely.

"Thank you, for everything you have been doing I never realized that -I guess the issue is I never really had anyone who cared to listen to my own troubles. I-I should be running away I don't normally like these heartfelt scenes and y-yet."

Rin merely sat back down in her chair feeling rather embarrassed about the whole situation, but at least this time she still wore a smile oppose to her usual shy expression. Perhaps that was all she really needed, someone else to talk to when her emotions got out of balance, she hadn't opened up to anyone yet about Alex and his death in this fashion. The girl's hands already raised again to wipe the last few tears away.

"Sorry, I hate it when I cry in public."

@Esther

Esther felt Rin tense up at the first brush of physical contact. The lilac haired girl fully expected Rin to push her away, and Esther would have been ok with that. Realistically, Esther had no right to invade Rin's personal space like that, just...seeing her shivering alone - so very close to her...Esther couldn't just sit idly by and offer empty words of comfort. Esther expected Rin to pull away, to leave, instead - she was met with a shaky arm wrapping around her as Rin returned the embrace. Rin began to cry, and Esther had to hold her tongue to ensure she wouldn't shed tears of her own, feeling empathy for the girl. Rin huddled closer toward Esther - and Esther was all too accepting, tightening the embrace she had Rin in. 

Esther felt Rin's face bury into her neck, the sensation of droplets ran down Esthers bare neck and trickled down to rest on her collarbone. Esther let Rin cry, she didn't mind in the slightest. Esther shifted one arm to wrap around Rin's waist. With her other hand, Esther gently ran her fingers through Rin's chocolate brown hair, her manicured nails gently scratching the surface of the girls head in a comforting action. The embrace only lasted moments, before Rin pulled away emitting a soft, awkward laugh - thanking Esther.

"You shouldn't be running away, I can't say I have ever felt the pain of loss that you - or others have felt, but I am sure, whoever he was - he'd want you to look forward, and do things your way, the Rin way. Esther gently lifted  her hand to softly brush the tears away from under Rin's eyes. "Don't apologise for your tears. They're a sign that you care, that you love, that you feel - they're a sign that you're alive. So don't ever apologise for them."

Esther straightened, glancing around the inn, there were a few curious eyes on them - but Esther stared them down till the players shifted awkwardly back away. Once that was said and done, Esther turned her gaze back toward Rin, "If anyone says anything - I'll be sure to lecture them. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks."

It was a strange sensation opening up to another human being, she hadn't done that in quite a while, it was a few months ago when Alex was killed before the search of the boss. Rin merely sat upon her seat attempting to regain her once lonesome composure as she wasn't the greatest at opening up. It was odd, she hardly opened up with anyone about her deceased boyfriend. Deep inhales would lock the virtual air in her lunges before she exhaled sharply through her pursed lips. The droplets that ran down Esther's neck were like the dew fall disappearing as it slid down her soft skin. She didn't realize just how comfortable sitting against in the embrace of another person was, compared to Esther Rin thought she was a rather emotional child. 

As she sniffled she reached down into her skirt where she had a hanker dangling on a smalls trap she had laced in it for the purposes of holding small  trinkets or materials. A loud honk sounded from the cloth as she blew her nose into it still partially  recovering. The girl's digits that now began to comb through her air further reassuring her as she leaned against Esther, her head now resting upon her shoulder as she got comfortable. Not even Alex was capable of comforting her on the same level as he was a bit uncomfortable when Rin began to get emotional.

"Thanks for letting me cry on you shoulder, it's probably all wet now here - umm."

She looked to her used handkerchief before stopping that thought as it would have been rude to lend her a used one to wipe up the tears. She slid it back down into her skirt and then tapped her hand through the menu pulling out another one. As she talked about lecturing anyone who was annoyed with her about displaying her emotions Rin laughed and slid back in this time resting her head upon Esther's shoulder.

"Thanks."

Esther watched as Rin tried to calm herself down, in the very same way Esther would attempt to calm herself down, slow, deep breaths. Clenched fists. It seemed that both Rin and Esther were more alike than first thought, despite one being an introvert and the other, an extrovert. Rin apologised for getting Esthers shoulder wet, Esther shook her head, "It's really Ok. I don't mind. A few tears never really hurt anyone...err, unless I was the witch from that Wizard of Oz movie, then I'd probably be melting  right now." Esther laughed, even though the joke was terrible - she found it amusing. "I'm not melting, so at least we can safely assume I'm not a witch." Esthers laughter died down into a quiet giggle before she stopped, shooting Rin a glance to make sure she was feeling better.

Rin almost wiped Esther's shoulder with her snotty hankercheif - even if she did, Esther wouldn't have reacted too negatively. It's not like there were any such things as germs or illness within Aincrad, at most, it would have felt mildly uncomfortable. Rin shifted, resting her head back on Esthers shoulder. Esther, in turn tilted her head till it nestled neatly ontop of Rins. If anyone were to wander in and see the two girls, they'd think they were lovers, or sisters - seeing the sweet, innocent intimacy that was shown. 

"You're welcome." Esther said, reaching down to pick up Rin's hot chocolate, handing it to the other girl. "I'm just glad you seem to be feeling better."

Rin listened and perked up with a small smile as she couldn't help but chuckle at the joke referring to one of her favorite American classics. As she thought about it she then decided to mention the musical Wicked. In that story it felt a bit more believable as the wicked witch wasn't allergic or anything to the double bonding hydrogen and oxygen compound, water. As it was she and Esther were both almost done with their hot cocoa which probably meant their little time in the cafe was about up. She had no real reason to stay inside the building after conversing.  As she laid into Esther to further enjoy the warm embrace of her new friend she breathed out now nestling her cheek into Esther's shoulder as she rested upon her shoulder. Her head now gently securing her place between her cheek and shoulder.

Rin's face now sporting a rather gentle blush as she felt how embarrassing it was to be seen like this with another girl. She slowly cast her gaze down once more her hands gripping gently onto one another as she began to wonder what to do.

"Um well do you have any thoughts of where you would go from here?"

Esther kept one arm tenderly wrapped around Rin's shoulders, every so often her hand would curl up into brown locks of silken hair, and gently comb through to the ends. The other, picked up her cup - and in a few short gulps, Esther had finished her drink. licking her lips she set the mug back down onto the table. Rin shifted, nuzzling into Esther's neck. Esther smiled, she'd be lying if she said she wasn't enjoying the comfort and warmth being this close to Rin bought. Even if their embrace was marred by tears earlier. Esther chanced a glance down.

"You know..." Esther mused, her fingers dancing across Rin's cheeks to grasp the bang of chocolate hair that had fallen in front of her face. "I think it's a shame to hide such beautiful eyes." Her fingers looped over Rin's hair, and brushed it back behind the other girls ear. Rin cast her gaze away, down into her near-empty cup. She asked if Esther had any plans from here. "Hmmm, it's getting a little late..." Esther mused, "I was thinking of visiting Mari, but I'd rather not do that at night time. I don't really have any plans, I was just planning on retiring to a room - and working on some flower crowns for the children I help look after in my down time." Esther laughed awkwardly, "Ahaha- I suppose it sounds boring, or silly when I say it like that, though - huh?" 

Esther paused, she wasn't sure, but it almost sounded as though Rin didn't exactly want to leave her present company - Esther wondered if the girl had any real place to go back to - or anyone to talk to. Night time was a very lonely time in Aincrad, even Esther felt the tug of desolation at times. "Hey."  She began, "You could always join me if you want, that is - if you wouldn't be bored doing such a mundane task." 

Each moment within the tender embrace Rin felt herself falling deeper and deeper into a tranquil serenity that she hadn't ever been exposed to. Even her hot chocolate began to grow cold as she no longer was in need of it's effects to warm the very cockles of her soul. Rin's hips rolled her over the girl's upper thigh once more as she began to sit more comfortably on Esther's lap oppose to the chair. As she peeled herself away forcibly she now nervously shivered realizing that the display of affection had grown stronger between herself and her companion as she really enjoyed the presence of Esther. A certain part of her  personality made it simple to feel comfortable with her, something that Rin could only have wished would grow in herself. She sat lost in thought upon Esther's lap like a younger sister would. Although it was obvious to her that they weren't related she felt like she could discuss even the most personal matters with this girl.

Rin's full weight now leaning onto Esther's lap as she began to look away ashamed for her display. It wasn't every day she found someone she could talk to let along embrace as closely as she had with the pink haired girl. As she spoke about her services with the children in this game she began to smile realizing that she was simply the kindest sole in Aincrad that she had ever met.

"I would love to join you I don't really get out enough and meet with the other people trapped in game with me. As for visiting Mari I am fine with a long walk I personally have no clue where she could be found but I can accompany you on the walk?"

"I won't be seeing Mari tonight though." Esther mused, glancing out the window of the establishment, golden light leaked through - bathing the interior of the quaint store in a soft warm glow. "I mean, the floor she is on is already dark, but it just unnerves me, travelling around at night." Esther didn't do too well after dark at the best of times, and after her run in with Addel not only once, but twice - she felt it best to just avoid traversing around at night. Those incidents occurred within the safety of the town, Esther didn't dare try to think of what could happen outside those walls. "She runs a strange alchemy shop on the 10th floor, just outside the safe zone." Esther paused, biting her lip. "Ahh...she is a PKer you see. So she can't really go into safe zones." Esther quickly added, "She's not cruel, honest - just not a people person. I'm 100% certain that she won't hurt either of us." 

Esther shifted, as much as she was enjoying the warmth emitted from Rins body, her thighs were beginning to tingle. "So." Esther carefully shifted, guiding Rin off of her body so she could stand - but being sure to keep the contact between them. "You're more than welcome to spend the night with me," Esther mused, allowing her hand to dance up the side of Rin's body, gently shifting up across her thigh, her hips, then her torso - till it rested on the mid of her back. To Esther, these actions were seemingly innocent- she wasn't intending to flirt with the other girl, or to evoke any unwitting desires. Esther, at her core, was just a very touchy person. "Then tomorrow - we'll venture off to see Mari, does that sound like a plan?" The lilac haired girl stood, offering her free hand to Rin to help her stand. "What do you say?"