[PP-F2] Field of.. Wasps? <<Long Live the Queen>> (Complete)

Stood on the edge of the Wind Wasp's spawn area, Birdie gazed endlessly out into the open field. The place didn't quite fit in with the rest of the second floor, most of the surrounding landscape comprising of hills and flat-topped mountains.

As her gaze wandered the vast plain, Birdie's mind was focused solely on one thing; the Wasps. The giant abominations flew around in groups, doing nothing other than buzzing and being a general nuance. She wasn't fond of the creatures in the real world - to her, they served no purpose other than to fly around the house during Summer and pick fights with everything. So, after realising they existed in Aincrad - because why wouldn't the designers want to include the meanest insect in existence? - she'd almost ignored every single bit of information that the guidebook wrote about them.

After learning from an Information broker that a special hidden boss resided in the field of Wind Wasps, she'd reluctantly decided to check it out. As it turned out the Wind Wasp Queen's stats weren't all that high, and she would've been able to comfortably solo the creature granted she actually hit all of her swings; seeing as her luck seemed to be in the gutter as of then, she didn't want to risk take the risk.

Hey there! So, I'm in a bit of a bind. There's word of a hidden boss in the Wind Wasp Fields of Floor 2 but its stats are a little high for me.

Is anyone around to help out?

Thanks! ~ Birdie

So, after sending out a message to some random players asking for assistance with the boss, her hopes weren't terribly high that anybody would show up to help. Sitting on a wooden stump on the border of the field, she huffed impatiently as time dragged on. "Hmph.. did I forget to put my location in the message? Nah.." She let a sigh go, "I should.. probably make some friends before going out on quests like this."

Edited by Birdie

As of lately, Zandra had entered a period of hard training. Well for her at least it was hard training. She had been on she dont inow how many quests during the last weeks. She had decided to take this day off and just sit and enjoy the wind and sight of vast fields of flowers on the second floor. Thou she havent much more then sat down before she got noticed by a notification. With a sigh she opened the message and red thru it. Seemed to be a low level that was asking for help with the wasp queen. Zandra closed it and laid down in the field. "Someone else probably already on the way to help her." She thougth and closed her eyes.

An hour later or so she sat up again. She had already got bored of tvis and wanted to do something. Anything. Surprisingly the girls message for help was still there. "Eh... screw this." She pushed herself up and headed towards the spot where the queen spawned. When she reached the field of wasps she gor surprised again. There was the girl she visited a few days ago to get a new scouting item. "Well hello there. So it was you that needed help. Well since you already know me there isnt in any meed of introduction. Im sorry Im late but, I thougth someone else already was on the way. Sorry."

Birdie's head perked up at the sound of a female voice, the girl turning as she looked over her shoulder. She was met with the sight of an incredibly high level player, and a familiar one at that. "Oh, p-please don't apologise! I actually wasn't expecting anybody to show up-" -after the first half hour, though she wouldn't voice that last part because of how ungrateful it sounded. She got up on her feet and turned the rest of her body toward Zandra, "I appreciate the help - it's one step closer to the Frontlines." Her voice was full of enthusiasm, though she knew this wouldn't be anything compared to the challenges that faced her later on.

The fields were sparse of Wasps, likely due to the fact that no player having entered the spawn area in a while. "I'm sorry for asking, have you beaten this boss before? I know it's probably an ant underneath your shoe for you, I just wouldn't mind knowing what to expect from it.. I'm not a huge fan of Wasps." Her feet turned toward the fields, ready to venture onward.

Edited by Birdie

Zandra smiled friendly at the artisan. "Im looking forward seeing you on the frontlines and figthing to get out of this death game. But just dont rush to fast to miss the surrondings. There is alot to this world then what first meets the eye. Also, when you reaching high levels..." she didnt wanted to brag. Definitely not. But nowadays, she seemed to be counted as a high leveled player. "...like me, you are going to feel a responsibility to help the ones that havent come as far as you have." She said, realising she sounded like she was holding a lesson or something. A faint blush appeared on her cheeks.

Zandra nooded. "Yes, I have done this quest before. Thou it was along time ago and I barely remembering anything from it." She didnt even remembered who she did it with since she was pretty sure she didnt soloed it. Or did she? Nevermind, it dosent matter today anyway. Then she looked at the field. "But one thing Im certain of, there wasnt a field filled with her kids back when I did it. Maybe they have updated it. Do you have any information? If we should fight thru a specific amount of wasps or just walk around them?" She said while observing the huge field and remember stuffs that can be good to remember.

Birdie smiled as Zandra described what duties a high-level player might feel the need to fulfil, the appeal to make it higher in the ranks certainly rising for the young woman. "That's honestly half of the reason I'm shooting for it, to make sure no weak player I come across is ever in a tight spot." The girl had felt almost guilty for wasting Zandra's time at first, though this quest was already proving to be a lot more educational than she first thought.

She shook her head toward the other player, "It didn't say anything specific, only that a group of players stumbled across it whilst farming the field. I guess they change up the quest descriptions every once in a while.." Her gaze fell upon the wasps. The queen obviously hadn't spawned yet, so she assumed the former might be the right way to approach it. "Killing a group of Wasps or two might force the Wind Wasp Queen to spawn. Their stats are a little.. aha, uhm- nevermind." She'd forgotten that she was talking to a Frontliner, Floor 2 monsters couldn't possibly cause them any issues at that point.

A flock of Wasps buzzed around, the two players barely out of the mobs' range of aggression. They were even more unsettling up close, sending a chill down Birdie's spine as she stared at the striped monsters. She lowered her left hand to the hilt of Retaliation, her weapon, and glanced to Zandra once more. "Is it worth killing those?"

Spoiler

Wind Wasp: 80/80 HP | 15 dmg

Zandra listened to the girl. It seemed one of the reasons she wanted to reach a high level, was because she would be able to keep everyone safe and secure. Zandra nooded in agreement. ‘’Yes, that was one of my intentions as well at the start. That was why I picked up the first aid skill and mod after two ranks in my weapon. Even a healer needs to be able to fight, at least a little. But later, you are going to feel it more and more like a job. A few months ago, I spent like half my time down here. Thou later it became less and less time. Now Im only looking by like once in a week or something like that. But as said before, looking forward to meet you when you reach the frontlines.’’

Zandra looked across the field, trying to see the field boss. Thou it was nowhere to be seen. It was preobably right that they needed to kill some of its children to make it appear and wanted to protect them. ‘’Well, I guess there is no time to waste then.’’ She said with a smile to her team-mate. Then she equiped her heavy armour and picked up her great-axe that was hanging on her back and grabbed it with a steady grip. She looked at the nearest group. ‘’Time to have some fun right?’’ she said before she started to run towards the wasps. Thou even with her accuracy enchantment on her axe together and possiblity to increase the hit chance wiht her consentration skill, all the axe choped at was the air surronding the wasps. As soon she knew she would fail to hit them, she cancelled her sword arts and let out a loud howl. Maybe it drew more wasps to them, but at least the girl would be safe since they was aggroed on Zandra.

ID: 67772
BD: Ignored due to <<Howl>>
MD: 4 Miss

ID: 67773
MD: 6 Hit 15-66=1x4=4 Damage

[H: 3]Zandra: 1061/1065 (106/106)
[H: 0]Birdie: xxx/xxx (xx/xx)

Wasp group 1(4/4 full health): 80/80 HP
Wasp group 2(4/4 full health): 80/80 HP

Edited by Zandra

'It's that much of a time commitment?' the young woman first thought upon hearing how long Zandra would spend on the lower floors. Her vision of a high level player was someone constantly doing battle on the highest floors that are available, though it seems like the people at the top consider those lower down a lot more than she thought. Nodding at Zandra's final mention of the Frontlines, she shifted on the balls of her feet and faced the field, glancing at the other woman as she spoke once more.

She watched as Zandra equipped some items; the outfit and weapon's aesthetics alone were impressive, and the stats they came with were likely nothing short of amazing. "Fun, right!" 'Wasps.. fun?' Birdie watched as Zandra ran off toward the group of mobs, axe in stead as a sword art lit up the weapon's blade. However, she gave a confused glance as the sword art dimmed and the woman gave an attention-grabbing howl, which seemed to draw in yet another group of wasps.

Birdie stood far back - as much as she wanted to help, eight wasps at once was way too many to be comfortable around and she'd probably fumble her attack as per usual. "Y-you uh, you okay?" she asked Zandra, hoping the woman had everything handled, 

ID: 67774

BD: 4 Miss

[H: 3]Zandra: 1061/1065 (106/106)
[H: 0]Birdie: 120/120 (10/12)

Wasp group 1(4/4 full health): 80/80 HP
Wasp group 2(4/4 full health): 80/80 HP

(OOC: Did I do the combat part right?)

After the girl Zandra just met also failed to defeat any wasps, the first group charged Zandra her armour got filled with red dots. Thou that only applied to the armour. Herself she was as good as unharmed. "Pfft! Is that all you can do?" Zandra said to the winged creatures. Next second, the other group came charging at her. Thou by some reason, they just stopped right in the air. 'Must be a bug or something.' She said to herself. Thou she could always take care of the first group at least. She took a firm grip of the axe and let the large blade swung four times. Each strike hitting the whole group. She watched as their health dropped from green to yellow, from yellow to red and from red to nothingness. A few moments later, they all explode in an ocean of blue and white crystals. "Well thats one group down. Only one to go... hopefully." She said with a smile towards the artisan.

ID: 67779
BD: 4+3=7 Hit 15x8=120-14=106 AoE
MD: 8 Hit 15-66=1x4=4 Damage

ID: 67781
MD: 4 Miss

[H: 3]Zandra: 1057/1065 (90/106)

Wasp group 1: 0/80 HP -DEAD-
Wasp group 2(4/4 full health): 80/80 HP

OOC: Yes you did @Birdie

Edited by Zandra

Birdie watched as the fight unfolded before her. It might not have been to fair to even refer to it as such, seeing as the mob's attacks just bounced right off Zandra's armour plates. The Frontliner's weapon cleaved straight through each of the first group, leaving not a single trace behind as they each exploded into a spectacle of light. She felt a smile curl around her lips as Zandra spoke, meeting the woman's words with a nod. "Right!"

She grabbed the blade that sat by her hip, pulling it out from its protective sheath as she considered which target she'd try to attack. They were all concentrated on Zandra, allowing herself to be a lot more picky and reckless when it came to who she wanted to attack. Picking her target, the tip of her sword became engulfed in light as she sped toward one of the wasps. As Birdie approached it she lifted her blade up to the creature and slashed it twice, creating a V-shaped laceration in its body before she made a hasty retreat. She returned to Zandra's side, embarrassment welling up inside her as she noticed the differences in her damage compared to the Frontliner's. "I weakened them up for you?" she told the woman, a faint smile appearing on her face.

ID: 67816
BD: 7 Hit | 6x2=12 Damage
CD: 6 | +2 Recovery

[H: 3]Zandra: 1057/1065 (90/106)
[H: 1]Birdie: 120/120 (11/12)

Wasp 5: 68/80 HP
Wasp 6,7,8 (3/3 full health): 80/80 HP

(OOC: Sorry for all the combat questions @Zandra, is that how you would split the group up for single target attacks?)

Edited by Birdie

Zandra had backed a bit to give the girl as much manouver space as possible but still keeping the aggro of the mobs. "Go get them!" She cheered on Birdie. The alchemist watched her as she engaged one of the wasps, she started her attack. As her sword shined and a sword art was actuvated, some of the wasps health sas drained. But the wasp seemed to want to change target. The flying creature turned around to face the cyan haired girl. "Dont you dare!" Zandra said and charged towards the enemy. When in range, she activated one of her stronger sword arts with the AoE effect. Her axe cleaved thru the wasps one by one. After her outburst of chops, the wasps soon exploded into crystals again, surronding the two players. Zandra moved her hand across her face to brush away some of the hair that had fallen infront of her face, covering half of it. "So, that was that. You did good. Thou, have you spotted the queen yet?" She asked with a friendly smile on her lips.

ID: 67817
BD: 6 Hit 15x8=120-14=106 AoE
MD: 2 Miss

[H: 5]Zandra: 1057/1065 (75/106)
[H: 1]Birdie: 120/120 (11/12)

Wasp group 1: 0/80 HP -DEAD-
Wasp group 2: 0/80 HP -DEAD-

OOC: That works. There isnt realy any rules how to write. Thou remember that normal mobs have 1/6 of their health as damage mitigation. @Birdie

Edited by Zandra

Just like the previous attack, Birdie watched in awe as Zandra took out the wasps one-by-one by slicing them clean in half, leaving no mob behind as they each perished into a striking burst of coloured particles. Her mouth was left agape, left open as the woman began to talk. She soon shook her head and managed to close it, looking to the smiling fighter. "Thanks! I wish I could be of more help.." She shook those thoughts aside, turning her body around to face the rest of the field. Nothing of interest seemed to be spawning, save for more groups of wasps out in the distance. "I don't see her, how lo-" Her sentence was interrupted as a terrible buzzing noise erupted in the distance, followed by an almost blinding flash of light as a terrifyingly large wasp spawned in the middle of the field. Boasting the name <<Wind Wasp Queen>> above it's head, Birdie froze, staring toward the creature with fear in her eyes.

"F.. found it.."

Spoiler

<<Wind Wasp Queen>>

HP: 50

Damage per Attack: 20

Edited by Birdie

Zandra placed the axe on the ground standing, so she could lean her arms on the axeblades. Thou she had to be careful to not cut herself. Her eyes moved across the huge field, but there was nothing to be seen. Except more of the wasps spawning in groups quite far away. "Well, guess we have to go and kill another group of them. Right?" Thou she havent much more then finished her sentence before a shout flew out from the artisans mouth. Seemed the girl have found the boss they was hunting. Zandra turned on the spot and smirked as she spotted the huge winged bug. "So, how you wanna do? You wanna try ot yourself first? I'll jump in if it turns to be needed. Or shall I run in alone while you make sure you are safe, so I dont need to risk to have someones life on my responsibility. Or shall we just run in together and see who kills it first?" She said and looked at the girl, waiting for her to make her decision and Zandra prepared herself for whatvever it would be.

Birdie glanced to Zandra, weighing in all their options as the higher-levelled player listed them. Of course having the boss be finished with a single strike from Zandra was tempting, though boring at best. She felt confident enough to handle the boss on her own to a degree - death was her only fear, seeing as the wasp could strike her down in 6 consecutive hits. She closed her eyes, sighed, and looked to the other woman again, gripping the hilt of her own weapon tightly. "I'll give it a shot! B-but, uh.. if my health starts to fall fast, don't be afraid to step in." Leaving the woman with a smile, Birdie turned and ran steadily, keeping her wits about her as she approached the Wind Wasp Queen.

Without warning, the boss turned and charged straight for her. The girl gasped as her Ring of Eluding took effect, aiding her as she sidestepped the Wasp's attack. She went to slash the boss as it passed her, only managing to swipe at thin-air instead. 'Too close!' she thought, giving a nervous smile back to the other player before focusing her attention on the fight once more. "Need to be faster-" she hushed to herself, locking eyes with the boss as it rushed in for round 2.

ID# 67895
BD: 4 Miss
MD: 7-3=4 Miss

Wind Wasp Queen: 50/50 HP

@Zandra

Edited by Birdie

Zandra watched as the girl engaged with the queen. Zandra knew that her party companion should be able to take it out. There actually was just a matter of time. But just in case, Zandra prepared for any unexpected actions that would accure. She also threw glances at the wasp groups surronding them. There seemed they was filling he hole where the two females had broken thru. Maybe she would go clear it while the other girl takes care of the boss. No, she was here to help her, then she cant just walk away doing other thinkgs, risking to not reach the fight in time. As she looked at the combatants, she was just gonna send out a warning, but next moment, the cyaness had sidestepped and got out of the way of the queen. Zandra smiled, so she had an evasion build. Nowadays, maybe that would be better since the mitigation didnt made such a huge difference after the update.

The Wind Wasp Queen hadn't relented, swooping in for a second attack straight after its first. Birdie considered her options as the boss approached, making a split-second decision to dash to the right. She fumbled the landing and fell pathetically to the floor, the Queen screeching as the perfect opportunity to present itself. Within the blink of an eye the Queen's stinger ripped through Birdie's shoulder, knocking off a good chunk of the girl's health bar.

She bit her lip and brought an arm up to her shoulder, accessing the damage done by the Queen. "Ow.." she groaned, eyes widening as she caught sight of her own health bar. Shaking her head, the woman let out a huff and raised her sword once again, though there was a hint of hesitation in her movements. "Don't.. don't jump in just yet!" she called out to Zandra, looking to the other woman over her shoulder. "One more hit.. if she hits me like that again, feel free." She wanted to prove her worth, yet the boss was proving to be more of a nuance than she'd first thought.

ID# 67995
BD: 5 Miss
CD: 9 | +2 Recovery
MD: 10 Critical

[H: 0]Birdie: 98/120 (10/12)

Wind Wasp Queen: 50/50 HP

Edited by Birdie

The noirette closely watched the game between a player she just met and the bug sje defeated so many months ago. Acually, if she remembers right, this was the first boss she took down together with her spouse. The two had went thru it without much trouble. Thou tuere would be even less trouble nowadays. Now they would easily be anle to one hot that thing, and it could keep attacking them for quite some time, even if they was unarmed. Hmm, maybe gonna try to take it down unarmed some time? She thougt to herself. Nah, wouldnt be worth it. Just a waste of time.

Zandra glanced at the field around them. The lesser mobs kept spawning, thou there was still a path they could take without taking aggro of any of them. That was when her partymemners health got reduce. First Zandra got scared something had happened. But when she looked at the health, she let out a sigh of relief. She had only lost like a fifth of her health. She was out of danger for several turns ahead. "Dont know, you seems to be handling this without problem." Zandra said with a friendly voice and a thumb up.

She gave a smile at Zandra's compliment. 'Maybe this really wont be as tough as I thought,' Birdie considered, the slightest sense of guilt overcoming her soon after. "If you don't get to intervene, I'm really sorry - this must be a huge waste of time for a Frontliner like you.." She spoke with a sheepish tone, looking back to the other woman quickly before her attention returned to the boss fight.

"Let's end this quick!" Birdie reached for the blade by her hip, ripping it from its leather sheath with a satisfying shing. She cringed as the Wasp let out a harsh screech and her grip on the weapon weakened, the girl's fingers wrapping tightly around the hilt seconds later.

A bright blue hue enveloped Retaliation as Birdie activated <<Quadruple Pain>>, the woman locking eyes with her target. Dust kicked up as she pushed off the ground, speeding towards the enemy in a cyan blur. Her rapier pierced the Queen's abdomen in a series of rapid thrusts, her final strike directed towards the bug's midsection joint as she lunged forwards one last time. She turned on the balls of her feet and retreated from the mob's attack range, her chest raising and deflating as she caught her breath. "Go-.. phew.. got it!"

The Wasp staggered, its stinger stuck into the ground to stabilise flight.

ID# 68357
BD: 8 Hit 6x4=24 Damage
CD: 5
MD: 2 Miss

[H: 1]Birdie: 98/120 (7/12)

Wind Wasp Queen: 26/50 HP

Edited by Birdie

A giggle went out of Zandras mouth as Birdie told that this must be a huge waste of time for her because, she was a frontliner. So it is like this Calrex and the others had felt. Zandra thougth as she remembered when she herself had been in the exact same place where Birdie was now. She would never had imagined that anyone would act the same way towards her. But that didn’t only was a good thing. No, since when that’s the case, Zandra has a responsibility to make sure anyone like the girl now fighting a wasp queen, was safe and not in the risk of losing their life. Zandra swallowed and took her greataxe in a steady grip with both hands as she saw the cyan-girl delivering a leathal attack against the flying creature, almost halving its health. ‘’Nice one there Birdie. Just one or maybe two hits more and you have this.’’

Birdie looked over her shoulder, her lips curling into a broad smile as Zandra spoke words of encouragement. "Thanks! I didn't expect the fight to be this.. easy?" She felt like calling the fight undemanding didn't do it justice; the wasp did a sizeable chunk of damage in one attack, and if she wasn't built to be so evasive, she would've definitely needed some assistance from the Frontliner.

The boss recuperated and its stinger became unstuck, primed and ready to tear through the players standing before it.

Birdie took initiative, activating <<Quadruple Pain>> preemptively. The blade's bevelled edges became encapsulated in a blue hue, leaving a neon trail behind it as Birdie charged for her target. Four jabs in quick succession were followed up by the girl swivelling on the balls of her feet, landing herself at a safe distance from the wasp once more. "This really was a waste of your time, I'm so sorry.. is there any way I'd be able to make it up to you?" She looked back to @Zandra again.

ID# 68537
BD: 7 Hit 6x4=24 Damage
CD: 8 (+2 EN)
MD: 3 Miss

[H: 2]Birdie: 98/120 (6/12)

Wind Wasp Queen: 2/50 HP (So close >_<)

Edited by Birdie

’’Hehe. Yeah, this isnt rely the hardest boss to fight against. There is a reason why I don’t jump in. That’s because you can easily do this on your own. I’m just here in case there would happen some critical. Or…’’ she looked over the fields. ‘’…maybe I did it to get another friend.’’ As the wasp was almost dead, and it would take a lot for Birdie to not win this fight alone, Zandra relaxed. She stretched her arms high in the air after she had laid her axe on the ground.

‘’No, it haven’t been a waste of time. Not at all. Ive been having quite some fun together with you. What would be a waste of time would be to stay back in bed and sleep thru the whole day.’’ She said and to the blueness. ‘’But, just kill that thingie already so we can get out of here, don’t you think?’’