[SP-F3] Master of the Sword and Mind - Death of Ulises <

Itzal finally managed to get to his sword.  The moment he retrieved his sword he barely had any time at all to block the attack.  They held their blades there for a moment, Itzal gritting his teeth from the strain of holding back the force Ulises was applying.  Ulises really wanted to defeat Itzal and he had no idea why.  If he had to guess though, there was a chance that it was simply because he wanted to win for once, but he felt like there was more to this than he was being led to believe.  He pushed off to break the hold the two started and was immediately met with an onslaught of constant strikes once again.  His body was starting to wear down, really tiring from the constant pounding he was receiving.  In fact he wasn't sure just how much he could take any more.  He parried and blocked, keeping the blade close to him, but even still he had trouble doing anything at all.  Ulises continued to advance, relentlessly striking at Itzal as if his life depended on it.  Itzal didn't know where he was getting this drive but he knew that when Ulises was passionate about winning he could easily conquer.

ID#  69033  BD:  1  CD:  3  Nothing changes

Edited by Itzal

Ulises watched as Felix began to grow more tired and sluggish.  This battle was almost one.  Two to three more hits ought to do it he thought.  He pressed his effort even further, wanting to finish the battle so he could rest in peace.  Just finish it he thought.  Finish it, hand over the technique, say your goodbyes and he'll be better.  Ulises wasn't actually alive.  He was a product of the cardinal.  Even a normal split personality wasn't alive.  There couldn't be two souls born in the same body.  Which meant Mira also wasn't real.  No, they were both false, illusions of the real Felix and Mina.  Without Ulises Felix could be free to express himself as himself.  Not Ulises.  Not to mention Ulises couldn't make any rash decisions that would endanger Felix.  But first he had to pummel Felix.  He moved faster and faster, until finally he slid past Felix' defenses again, releasing Howling Octave yet another time to deal good damage on Felix and never stopped his advancement, just moving forward even more.

ID#  69034  BD:  6  CD:  7

Ulises:  200/290  <>  25/58

Itzal:  47/290  <>  57/58

Edited by Itzal

Itzal saw it coming before it hit.  And he knew there was nothing he could do to prevent it.  So much force he thought.  It were as if Ulises had something he loved that he needed to defeat Itzal for.  What was going on?  Ulises said that he would tell Itzal after the battle was won but he might not if Itzal didn't give it his all and just gave up.  So he decided to strike back.  Instead of trying to block or parry the inevitable attack, he gave his sword an almighty thrust toward Ulises, using Howling Octave at the same time as his other self.  Both of their health went down and although there was no hope for Itzal, he could at least deal a good amount of damage on Ulises and keep his dignity.  After the strike the two leaped back for two seconds, panting heavily.  Ulises was getting tired too he saw.  There was no way that technique came without a cost.  That was it's weakness.  It was powerful, and made it's way through many defenses and tactics, but it could wear out the wielder quickly.  He would need a partner to help cover him when he needed to recover.

ID#  69050  BD:  7  CD:  6

Itzal:  47/290  <>  50/58

Ulises:  155/290  <>  25/58

Edited by Itzal

Ulises stood there, panting and trying to catch his breath.  The technique was perfect in all but one area.  However, Ulises wasn't worried about that flaw.  Not one bit.  Because Felix had someone now.  Someone to fight along side with at all times.  Yes he had friends who would be there by his side, but pretty soon Felix and Kasier would be close enough to trust each other at every turn.  That was what Ulises wanted.  It was how it should be.  Ulises wanted desperately to have a girlfriend, which seeing as how he wasn't actually alive, meant that it was what Felix desired.  When Ulises died Felix would truly feel love and would most likely be able to connect with Kasier much easier.  So now.  It was time to finish this.  When he charged Felix tried deflecting the blade but Ulises grabbed his wrist and twisted, forcing his blade out of his hands.  And with that he shoved Retrubutor into Felix' chest, Howling Octave dealing the last bit of damage.  After the strike he pulled it out and let go of Felix.  "I won't bother with the last bit of health.  You fought well Felix, don't get me wrong.  But you aren't a match for raw passion armed with Soul Barrage."

ID#  69052  BD:  7

Ulises:  155/290  <>  18/58

Itzal:  2/290  <>  50/58

Duel ended

Edited by Itzal

Itzal felt the power behind the last thrust and the duel ended.  He heard Ulises compliment Itzal before mentioning something about soul barrage.  What was a soul barrage?  He looked at his friend.  Ulises was smiling, like he was genuinely proud of him, and yet at the same time his eyes showed of a comical look, as if Itzal was a goofball.  He...  Never got this look from Ulises before.  However his joking words and manners made him believe the comical look, but the look of pride?  What was that all about?  "What do you mean by Soul Barrage?  And what's with that look?  What is going on Ulises, you said you'd tell me."

Ulises closed his eyes and smiled, nodding to his friend.  "Yes I did indeed promise didn't I?  Very well.  Here's the truth Felix...  I'm dying.  The cardinal system that created me cannot sustain me any longer.  I have fulfilled my purpose however and helped you sort through your emotions.  It's time for me to go my friend.  However the reason I stayed for so long was because I needed to perfect Soul Barrage, the technique I made.  And now I plan on giving it to you, so that I may sleep in peace." 

Itzal's eyes widened with horror as he heard Ulises' words.  Ulises was dying?!  He thought about it and now realized that his disappearances must have been him shorting out.  He listened to Ulises talk about perfecting the technique and...  Giving it to Itzal?  Sleep in peace...  "There's...  Nothing I can do to help you?"

"Ulises shook his head.  "Nor do I want you to Felix.  Do this favor for me ok?  Let me go.  Take the technique and leave me behind.  Focus on your friends and especially Kasier.  Let her be your partner, for combat and life.  Don't let her leave your side and don't you dare leave hers."  Ulises transferred all information for Soul Barrage to Itzal, who almost lost his balance as the knowledge entered his mind.  Ulises nodded as his body fell to pieces.  "Good luck Felix.  Get out of here you sly dog."

Itzal stood there as Ulises died.  The realm itself was falling apart as it was no longer needed.  Itzal withdrew from his mind and stood up straight.  Ulises was dead.  Slowly, all the emotions that Ulises was holding back came flowing back to him.  Most of the anger was resolved, though there was still bitterness against Teayre.  He would need to talk to her again in order to resolve this.  There was also the fear of players too powerful for him to handle but he had more friends than he needed to help with that.  And then love.  He could finally understand how Ulises felt and that made him want to be with Kasier more.  Was this how Kasier had felt all this time?  And finally he thought about Soul Barrage.  He know knew precisely how Ulises had managed to do all those moves.  And now Soul Barrage would be his own personal technique.  He would use it only against bosses and players attempting to kill him or his friends.  Otherwise he would use his normal tactics during combat.  Itzal took a deep breath.  "Bring it on world.  You can't take me down."

Summary

Gained 1 sp

400 col

grandmastered straight sword