[PP-F3] <<Worn Out Welcome>> (w/ Raze)

On this day, Zulas walked around Starting City, taking in the sites. He still hadn't been to any upper floor before so he thought it was time to start exploring. Some time ago, he had heard of a quest that could be taken from an NPC on the third floor that awarded some cool item rewards. Now, he has only taken a few quests and all of them have been on the first floor so he was a bit hesitant to just jump straight to the third floor. He assumed that going for it by himself would be a bit dangerous so he thought about doing something he hadn't done in a long time.

Zulas pulled down his menu and searched for somebody he had met during his time here. He had only gone adventuring with him once, but he felt that he wasn't that uncomfortable being with him. Actually, Zulas thought that Raze felt worse than he did around other people. Zulas took comfort in the fact that it could be possible that there somebody like him in this game, and that fate had allowed him to meet such a player. He quickly shook his head and the thought out of his mind, it's impossible but I wonder...

The player search menu lingered in front of him for a couple of minutes while Zulas decided what to do. Finally, he made up his mind and typed in Raze's name and sent him a message: 'Hey, uh-uhmm, it's me Zulas. I don't know if you're busy, but I got word of a cool quest that I want to try out. Umm... the thing is that it's on the third floor and I haven't been outside of the first one yet. Is it possible that you could accompany on such quest?'

Zulas didn't know how to end the message so he just sent it like that. Hopefully, he would get a response from him so he wouldn't have to go on this quest by himself. It wasn't much of a choice since Raze was the only person that Zulas knew in this game, and he knew that the list wasn't going to grow anytime soon. He sighed and sat down on the steps towards the Town Teleport as he waited for a reply that he didn't know if it would come.

@Raze 

(I was going to make this a placeholder, but then I realized that I didn't mind staying up a bit late. I'll just accept being slightly tired tomorrow. XD)

Raze shifted uncomfortably on his 'bed', though it could hardly be called that because he was, for now, sleeping in an alleyway. 

Another morning, another day. More opportunities to take. But I am getting ahead of myself.. Perhaps I shouldn't go at a quest alone like last time. Raze had a minor mental dilemma over interacting with people, and struggled to decide. 

Cracking his neck, Raze scrolled to his stats, only a level three. How high do levels even go? He thought to himself, giving a brief distraction from his planning for the day.

Maybe I will challenge Lupa today.. No what am I even saying. Lupa would destroy me as I am right now. Which only brings me back to my original thought. 

He would either fight alone, or perhaps with...

A notification interrupted his train of thought, it was a message from Zulas.

Curious, Raze opened it, and read the content within.. He breathes heavily and then gave a long sigh. Looks like he would need to socialize once more. 

At least it's Zulas, someone I alreadly know. And with the sound of it, it seems like this quest will be worth my while. So Raze began crafting his message, rewriting and starting from scratch as many times as necessary for him to be satisfied. 

'Hello Zulas, I was just about to go out, so your timing is great. Yeah, a quest sounds great but the third floor sounds dangerous. I will help as much as I can, but it seems like you will be doing most of the heavy lifting so to say.' 

As Raze hit send, he became almost proud of himself. Thinking of how professional that message sounded. He slowly stood up from his sitting position. It may have slipped notice of many people before but if one looks closely while Raze moves, it becomes clear that he favors his left leg over his right as if he had some sort of injury even though his HP is maxed. 

I'm still not used to this yet, he thought giving his signature slight frown. But I should get over it quickly. And with that he set out to find his soon to be party member, Zulas.

Maybe an hour passed while Raze stumbled about the city aimlessly. 

Where would he be? He thought.

He then remembered something about teleports, as the way to move across the floors. Face palming internally, he turned in place and headed to where he believed the teleport to be.

Sure enough, the figure of Zulas, was there waiting for him, Raze approached and got closer before saying

"Sorry, I got lost.." he said almost to himself.

"Are we ready to go?" He spoke more clearly and with more confidence, which isn't a major difference for a man such as himself. His 'confident and clear' voice sounded nearly identical to his normal calm and quiet voice.

Edited by Raze

Zulas waited for a bit near the teleport before hearing the 'chime' sound of a new message. He opened to find out that it was from Raze and was glad that the other adventurer had accepted to accompany him on this quest. Zulas waited for Raze to appear and after about an hour, he saw the gray hair that was his soon to be adventuring companion. He heard the words Raze spoke and looked at him curiously. Lost... hmmm, well this city is quite big, though there's no reason to get lost he thought to himself.

"It's fine. Yea, I'm ready to go, but first." - Zulas and stood there for a moment. He made the menu appear in front of him and shifted through the options until he found the one that he was looking for. He ended up sending an party invite request to Raze.

"Just so you know, the quest is on the third floor though I've never been up there." - Zulas admitted to the fact. He didn't know if Raze had been to the third floor but hoped he did so that somebody was at least prepared for it. 

Raze noticed his companion's confused look, I don't really want to tell him that I didn't know where one would go to go up or down floors. He probably thinks I was doing something else. His frown deepened for a moment before returning to its very slight nature. "This should be interesting, to say the least," Raze said accepting the party request immediately, "To be honest, I haven't really seen any floor besides this one." I suppose there was that lake party thing, but I didn't fight anything there, and I sort of avoided any social confrontation. "Well, I have been to floor 2, but only briefly. I didn't get to experience any monsters there so I wouldn't know what exactly we are going to be up against. Although I would assume any enemies would be extremely dangerous." Maybe not for you, he thought glancing at Zulas's menu. He has to be at least my level or more. This should be a walk in the garden for you.. or whatever the phrase is.

"Yeah, that's true, but I believe that we should be fine. If it's anything like last time it should be ok, right?" - Zulas questioned hung in the air for a couple of seconds before he continued. "Hmmm.... Ok, then." - Zulas said curiously, not knowing what to say anyway.

"So the rumor goes that, once we arrive, we'll have to go an armorsmith NPC who'll give us the details to the quest." - he said as he looked at Raze for a couple of seconds, not knowing what to say after that. He shifted a bit uncomfortably on his feet until he gathered himself to shout out the name of the city that they would be traveling to. 

Zulas checked his inventory once again, just to avoid the awkward silence between the two. He then cleared his throat before walking towards the teleport in the Town of Beginnings and said out loud, "Teleport: Delilah Village". The light then enveloped his body taking him towards a place he surely had never been before, if that was something good or bad he didn't know but he was determined to find out, at the very least.

"Wait!", Raze called out. I'm not ready for this again. I almost threw up last time. The blinding light encompassed all, flowing in a sphere around him. He looked over at Zulas and noticed the same thing occurring to him, Raze steeled himself. Then, without warning, there was a violent tug in his gut, like he was a fish being pulled violently out of water, the light intensifies and then slowly fades. The gut-wrenching feeling subsides, and his vision clears..

Here they were, the third floor.

Raze takes a deep breath and steadies himself, glancing over at Zulas to see how he fared in the travel. How does everyone else get used to this? Maybe it feels less sickening the more you do it? I don't particularly want to try and prove that theory though.

"Alright. Here we are, Delilah Village you said?"

Raze murmured as he cast his eyes to the village that they had arrived in the middle of. The architecture reminded him of something seen a long time ago in his much younger years, when his parents had taught him of the history of the world. This village, surrounded in a vast expanse of bright dandelions gently swaying in the prairie breeze, seemed active but peaceful. The player and NPC's that roamed here having idle conversations about their day's experiences and other matters that seemed trivial to Raze. 

Then Raze froze and awkwardly turned to his companion, "Where, exactly, is this quest..?" he said, a little flustered scratching the back of his head. I should really figure out how to find these things on my own. But I know best that this will not likely happen. All Raze knew about it so far was that it gave some good items. Not much to go on. Raze didn't blame Zulas for the lack of information, but rather blamed himself for not being able to find out at all.

Edited by Raze

Zulas looked over to his companion right after the light disappeared leaving them standing in the town that was Delilah Village. His companion looked a little bit uneasy after the warp but didn't say anything. Instead, Zulas looked around the town and noticed how simple it was. It reminded him of all those movies that were based on the middle ages. There were small houses and people dressed with simple clothes walked around town. It was completely different than the Town of Beginnings, which seemed a lot more modern in this fantasy game. 

One interesting thing he did notice was that all the NPCs that walked around were not humans. Zulas looked closely at them and noticed that they were actually elves, not humans. The ears were what gave them away though their clothes were a bit different as well. They had more pronounced clothes, silk thread and some even had flashy colors sown into the them. The adventurer couldn't help but be a bit amazed. So this is what the third floor is like, he thought when he heard his companion's voice.

"Yeah, ahem so...", he looked at his menu and found the map. "Yeah, we have to go this way. The NPC is this way." 

They walked over a couple of minutes and through some short streets until they found the store they were looking for. The store had a big sign on top of the door that read 'Grimswold's Treasures'. Zulas said over his shoulder to his companion, "This is it. We're here. The NPC that provides the quest is in here."

Zulas stepped inside the store and triggered a small bell at the top. Inside, he saw weapons and armors lined up on racks which leaned against the wall. While Zulas looked around the store when he heard a voice, "Hello! How can I help you?"

Upon noticing Zulas' inspection of the NPC's, Raze also noted how they didn't appear to be quite human. They looked and talked similarly, and behaved similarly to normal human NPC's in all aspects except for their prominent pointed ears and their rich, colorful tastes for clothing. I didn't know they had any other race besides human for NPC's.. Well. I guess you learn something new occasionally. I feel like I messed that phrase up. His frowned deepened momentarily. He heard his comrade speak regarding the direction of the quest giver NPC and Raze followed obediently, looking back and forth from the buildings to the social lives of these people, silently observing and absorbing the scenery.

'Grimswold's Treasures' Said the sign outside of a moderately sized store front. Zulas had confirmed the location and Raze was inclined to agree with him. This definitely sounds NPC-ish..  If that makes any sense at all. Entering and hearing the ringing of the entrance bell, Raze quickly noticed a large man behind the counter of this blacksmith's shop.

Giving a look that sent the message that he was tired, but still hopeful for another customer, he spoke, saying, "Hello! How can I help you?"

Raze visibly eased up, apparently talking to NPC's was much easier for him than talking to actual people, "Hello. I'm here about a certain quest? Does that ring any bells for you?"

The weary blacksmith, tilted his head slightly, "Well, I don't know about a quest or anything.. But I have had customer come by asking for a custom made armor piece. Naturally I can't just do that for free, but Col isn't something that I need. If you get me some of these materials..." A quest box appeared in front of Raze, listing several types of crystals and metal ingots, "...Then I think we can work something out. You will find what you are looking for in the Forest of Wavering Mists, be careful now as it is quite dangerous. Any questions?" Raze looked thoughtfully at this man for a moment before gesturing for Zulas to pose a question.

Zulas was taken by surprise about how Raze talked to the NPC. He seemed more confident than usual when he spoke, and when he stopped talking Zulas didn't know what to say. He looked at the NPC who stood there in front of them waiting for a question, a smile plastered across his face. Zulas cleared his throat before he spoke again this time.

"So, Mr. Grimswold, how exactly do we get the materials?" - he asked after waiting a couple of seconds to ask his question. 

The armorsmith hesitated for a second, as if thinking how to answer the questions. After a moment he finally spoke, "Well, the good materials cannot be found simply by searching the forest. No, the Dark Elves are the ones that know where they are. You would have a better chance of obtaining it from them." His expression changed after he said that before continuing, "And I don't think they'll give it to you willingly. It's a rare material that they need in their villages."

Zulas scratched his chin for a second, giving some thought to the information that he just received. In a low tone he whispered to himself, "So basically we would have to defeat them in order to get it. Most likely it's not going to be easy." For a moment he had forgotten that he wasn't alone, so he directed one more question to the armorsmith. "Sir, would you kindly tell us where could we find the dark elves?"

The old craftsman looked up at the ceiling as if thinking for a moment, "Ah! I know where they are." Then he proceeded to pass the information to Zulas. A window popped up in front of the adventurer 'Map to Dark Elves territory', and he accepted the item. "You'll find most of them there. But please... be careful. From the ones that go, few ever return." The old craftsman turned around and walked back to what Zulas assumed was the forge area. Soon after that, hammering could be heard coming from the back room and Zulas guessed that the interaction with the NPC was over. Now that they had the information, it was time to go and gather the materials. 

That was rather abrupt, perhaps he has dealt with this quest so many times it's making his coding malfunction. Raze looked over his shoulder at Zulas' map item, seeing an obvious trail into an area labeled 'Forest of Wavering Mist', "I assume we are to take this path?" Raze traced with his finger the route, analyzing and showing the Zulas the way the map recommends. "Ok, let's go." By this point Raze had become his usual reserved self, talking in his murmuring tone, not really commanding, more like a suggestion.

And with that they set off, the sun steadily rising into the sky, the duo took the winding path to the edge of the forest. It was ridiculously quiet here, standing just outside the looming expanse of forestry, not even the sound of the wind could be heard whistling through the branches of the omnipotent trees. The dense fog coating the area, stops unnaturally at the border of the plains, as if held into the forest by some unknown power. Well, this isn't this the creepiest thing I've ever seen, Raze thought nervously, But I know that we will make it through this, alive and slightly better equipped. Without so much as a word or glance to his partner, Raze put his foot across the boundary first. The mists seemed to completely consume him, and Raze shivered, And It's cold too. How appropriate for an evil place. Raze looked back and could barely see the outline of Zulas, through the undulating waves of the thick fog. It could only get worse if..

A bloodcurdling scream tore out from deeper within, some terrible thing let the world know the depths of its hatred, giving inhuman screeches enough to make Raze tense up. Perfect, He thought sarcastically. Recomposing himself he put another foot forward, ever silently, ever cautiously, and cast his gaze back to Zulas. "Here we go. Are you ready?" He trusted himself and he trusted Zulas, there was no better man to fight with, in Raze's opinion. With a grim look on his face, he walked into the woods.

Zulas followed the map, just as Raze did and also landed in front of the forest. "So this is the 'Forest of Wavering Mist'?" - he asked to himself.

"Yes, I'm ready." - Zulas said with a nod. "But first I need to do something."

He then proceeded to pull up the menu and find his inventory. His fingers touched the necessary buttons until he was satisfied with what he selected. After a second the sword he had in its scabbard on his side disappeared. In its place a dark scabbard appeared, and the hilt of another sword could be seen in it. The hilt was black and bared a cross edged into it. Maybe a cross was appropriatehe thought as a somber smile spread across his face.

After he finished, he closed his inventory and then proceeded to walk up to Raze. As the pair now ventured into the forest, it was eerily quiet in the middle of the day. That was another thing that Zulas noticed, that even though it was during the day, the forest dark as night. There were only a couple of holes in the leaves of the trees which let light in. He knew that it was possible that there were more than elves inside of this forest, reason for why he proceeded with caution. 

"Hey, Raze." - he whispered to his party companion. "Don't you think that it's too quiet, right now?"

Raze glanced over at Zulas and blinked once at the new weapon he had drawn, replacing the starting one by his side. He already has a custom sword? I'm interested to see what kind of damage that thing can do. Raze nodded to himself, satisfied by his ally's initiative in garnering himself a more powerful blade. And with that, they departed the prairie fields and became one with the forest.

They continued through the forest for what felt like an eternity, working their way though the brambles and between the trees moving slowly as to not trip and fall in the low visibility. 

"Definitely more quiet than any forest I've ever been in.." Raze muttered softly as a response to Zulas' question.

This seems more troublesome than a fight would be. Raze thought as he ducked under a low lying limb, and clambered over a fallen tree trunk. The party of two then reached a clearing, where the fog seemed to lighten up enough as to provide better quality of vision. However, even with further inspection, it seemed to be empty. This might be a good spot to take a break, I think I will drag a log in from the forest so that we may have something to sit down on. Raze stretches and looks in Zulas' direction, but before he can form a word he notices a shape form out of the mists behind Zulas. With a silent step the figure, now identified as a dark elf, steps out from behind its cover and lunges at Zulas aiming to pierce his back with a small dark dagger made of some unholy material.

Raze, upon very first notice of the creature, sprinted at full speed toward Zulas. "Zulas! Behind you!" Raze called out and bull-rushed this dark elf, driving his shoulder into it at maximum speed, just barely preventing it from hitting Zulas. It was sent tumbling away, but re-positioned mid-air and landed neatly on its legs, its HP bar not even in the slightest depleted. Will agility be a problem? No, who would put a mob with an evasion stat on floor three? Raze thought while he drew his oversized sword. Either way, this should be an interesting fight.. It appears to be more durable and more damaging than the wolves are. Raze settled into a familiar stance with his left leg forward and his right leg behind him, his sword held away in anticipation of the eventual slashing movement.

Raze's eyes shifted to Zulas, "I guess I'll distract it.. While you damage it as much as possible..." Raze offered before changing his mind and saying, "Perhaps no strategy is necessary..." he said coldly, his still violet eyes locked onto the creature. Raze awaited the movements of his comrade so he could position his attacks accordingly.

Zulas heard his companion yell his name, but didn't react quite in time. He sidestepped just in time for Raze to pummel into the figure that appeared behind him. When he turned around to look at the creature that managed to sneak up behind him: it was a Dark Elf. Zulas knew that they lived in this forest, but he had never seen one in person before. He possessed the same racial features as the ones in Delilah Village, but this one had a bit of a darker skin tone. His skin did not had a sort of glow that the other ones back in town possessed. 

Zulas listened to the strategy that his companion was saying. It seems like he has gone through a few more battles since last time, Zulas thought as he dropped his hand to where his weapon was. It was going to be the first time that he had used it in battle so he hoped that it would not let him down. He drew the sword from its black scabbard in one swing and blue light sparkled around it. It had a few more crosses engraved into the steel of the sword, and once it was out a flash of light enveloped Zulas for a split second. He felt his chest tighten a bit and a sharp pain on the left part of his chest. He knew what happened, but didn't have time to ponder on it as the battle was going to begin against this new enemy. 

"Ok." - Zulas agreed to Raze's statement. He saw that the dark elf's attention was on Raze this whole time, which gave him the opportunity to move a bit closer to try and flank the elf. It was weird to Zulas that the elf hadn't responded to his movements, but he paid no mind to it. Then, as soon as he was close to the elf, he felt something come close to him and he ducked. An arrow flew above him where his head had been, but he managed to dodge it at the last second. "Ah, now I see why." - he murmured.

"Raze, be aware that there is another one in the trees... and it has a bow and arrows." - he told his companion while keeping an eye towards the direction that the arrow had come from.

Raze glared down at the dark elf and began moving around him drawing his attention so that Zulas could get an easy hit off on him. That's right, just keep your eyes on me, and it will be all over quickly. Suddenly from the farthest reaches of his peripherial vision, he noticed a blur and turned in time to see an arrow sail cleanly over Zulas' head, had he not ducked, it most likely would have been a critical hit. 

"Change of plans.. You can handle this guy right?" Raze said, gesturing to the dark elf with the dagger. Raze focused on the archer. "I will take responsibility for this one." Raze slowly neared the archer who was waiting for the perfect shot. Raze settled back into his stance and looked at Zulas, "I'll be right back." I just have some business to take care of.

ID# 68856 results:

Battle: 4(miss)

Craft: 2

Loot: 12

MOB: 7(base 9 - 3 mitigation) 6 total

Raze sprinted off to one side of the archer hoping to draw his fire and then charge him. His plan seemed to work at first but he had underestimated the abilities of the dark elf. The first arrow missed and then Raze charged forth, but was met mid-way through with an arrow to the chest.. The force of which, stopped him in his tracks, so this is when things get interesting, huh?

(Fight start!)

Raze: 54/60 HP

Dark elf archer:12/12 HP (9 base damage)

Edited by Raze
Roll

Zulas paid attention to his companion's words and focused on the Dark Elf holding the knife in front of them. Zulas saw Raze chase after the elf who had fired the arrow that nearly hit him, but turned his attention back to the closer elf. He noticed that the elf started to move towards Raze and charge after him. "It's a bit disrespectful to avoid the person in front of you." - Zulas said as he stepped in front of the elf. 

The swordsman gripped his sword tight and jumped towards the elf, who he caught of guard. The sword moved quickly as it applied the sword arts with three quick hits at the enemy's torso. The blue light that followed the attack was seen, but there was something else that came out of the sword.

ID# 68914 results:

Battle: 5 (Miss)

Craft: 7

Loot: 1

MOB: 4 (Miss)

Zulas swung his sword using his sword art to attack the enemy. It was rather to attract the attention of his enemy more than simply attacking him. The dark elf got startled by the adventurer's sudden appearance in front of him which made him delay just a second. Zulas stepped away just in time to dodge the attack but kept his sword ready. He gave a slight smile knowing that he had accomplished what he set out to do.

Zulas: HP 80/80; Energy 5/8

Dark Elf Fighter: HP 12/12 DMG 9

Edited by Zulas

Briefly looking behind to see how Zulas fared so far in the fight, Raze barely dodged another arrow. Persistent, aren't you? I can respect that. Raze altered his grip on his sword and rolled to the side to avoid a fourth arrow. Let me have some breathing room will you? Raze locked eyes with the elf as it notched a fifth arrow. If you wanted to see me go all out you could have just asked. Raze thought to himself, and decided to play a quick tactic.

Perhaps he is expecting me to dodge again, what if I just run straight forward? I think its worth a shot! Raze rocketed off from his stationary position sprinting directly at the bewildered archer. While running, Raze gritted his teeth and ripped out the projectile embedded in his chest armor, a small amount of blood sluiced from the wound. Compared to the when I fought the wolves, I am much stronger now. You don't stand a chance. And at the least, I can keep you occupied until Zulas can finish you off.

ID# 68930 results:

Battle: 3(miss)

Craft: 8

Loot: 9

MOB: 10(OUCH!, base 9 + 2 crit - 3 mitigation) 8 total

Once again, Raze assumed that this cardinal generated enemy would fall for such amateur tactics, and once again was hit with the cold hard reality of an arrow. He had reached 2 meters to the target when the seventh arrow, fired by the agile dark elf archer, impaled his right hand. Grunting briefly in pain, Raze dropped the sword to rip the arrow out, and as he did so another arrow flew into his leg, and another into his back. He stood up flicking the blade to clean off the dirt, ignoring the remaining bolts, and tracked the elf as it circled him and effortlessly performed fantastic feats of acrobatics over anything Raze could throw at it. How long can you keep this up huh? 

"Because I can keep going all day!"

Raze: 46/60 HP

Dark Elf Archer: 12/12 HP (9 base damage)

Edited by Raze
Roll

Zulas gripped his sword tighter, with one hand and held a hand over where his heart is. The elf moved slowly from side to side and Zulas followed his every movement. They danced around each other because he knew that Raze would take care of the other one. It was something that they both agreed to without even realizing it or having formulated a plan.

Zulas shook his head and focused on the enemy standing in front of him. Now that he wasn't distracted the elf's features came to him, but the first thing he noticed was that his enemy was a bit taller than him. Although there was a height advantage, the swordsman knew that he couldn't underestimate his opponent. With that in mind, Zulas charged towards his opponent and performed the quick swings that are known for his sword skill; he hoped that they would hit its mark. 

ID# 69176 results:

Battle: 5 (Miss)

Craft: 10

Loot: 6

MOB: 9 (DMG 9+1 = 10)

Zulas swung the sword letting the system help him with its movements, but it wasn't quick enough. The elf moved around avoiding each swing with perfect skill. The elf waited for the adventurer to finish his moves and attacked as soon as the wait time kicked in. Zulas had to stand there for only a few seconds, but that was enough for the elf to thrust with his dagger. Zulas felt the pain hit him when the dagger hit home, and made him stagger back a couple of feet. The first thing he saw after the pain had passed was the smile planted on the elf's face.

Zulas: HP 70/80; Energy 4/8

Dark Elf Fighter: HP 12/12 DMG 9

Edited by Zulas

Slowly losing his strategic cohesion, Raze ran straight for this annoyance. It would be much easier for me if you just died right about now. An arrow nicked his ear, but he didn't deviate from his path. It's almost unfair.. I have real combat experience, so.."

"Why can't I hit you!" Raze growled, and repositioned his hands on the grip of his sword, going for an upward slash, intended to split the stubborn dark elf in two. But he knew, he felt rather, that he wouldn't succeed. Come on, Zulas, hurry and help me over here. He beckoned mentally. 

ID# 69206 results:

Battle: 1(;-;)

Craft: 4

Loot: 18

MOB: 8(base 9 - 3 mitigation)6 total

Raze swung the blade in its cleaving arc, but as expected, the nimble archer rolled away and the tree nearby took the brunt of Raze's attack. With sword stuck in tree, Raze struggled to get it free before the creature took advantage of his weakness. 

Sensing him charge, Raze ripped the sword from the trunk, and slashed at the approaching elf. Only, he wasn't there... Raze, feeling another intense pain, looked down and saw the blood gushing out from another arrow wound. How? How did he? Raze slowly turned to look behind him, the elf slowly notching another shot. Why? Just accept your fate and cease to exist!

Raze: 40/60 HP 

Dark Elf Archer: 12/12 HP (base 9 damage)

Edited by Raze
Roll

The Dark elf stabbed Zulas in the abdomen and saw the elf step back. The smile on his face made Zulas angry, and he knew that this enemy was an NPC but it was still frustrating. In the background, Zulas heard the cry made by Raze and he guessed that his companion wasn't fairing any better. Still, Zulas raised his sword in a stance, thankfully he's an NPC and not a player. If he was, this repeated move wouldn't have worked on him. 

The sword was position in a way that would initiate his sword art, one of his most powerful attacks right now. Zulas then jumped forward towards his enemy and hoped that he had done it in time, before his opponent could react. 

ID# 69216 results:

Battle: 9 (10 = Keen) (DMG = (2+2)*2 = 8) 

Craft: 3

Loot: 7

MOB: 2 (Miss)

True enough, Zulas had acted quickly and didn't let his enemy recover from the attack. Zulas that the Sword Art 'Rage Spike' was famous for its AoE effect but he used it in order to not give his enemy a chance to escape. His sword swung in one fluid motion and he felt it connect with the body of his foe. The blade turned a bright red for a split second and after that, the dark elf made a howling sound. Its voice carried over through the forest and the wound that Zulas's weapon had opened did not close, it continued to spew blood from it.

Zulas knew that he had done all he could as he turned around towards where Raze was. The dark elf went after Zulas with its knife but as soon as it moved to attack him, it was too late. Then knife swung at empty air, where Zulas once stood, and then it hit the ground with a thud. Shortly after Zulas heard another louder object hit the ground and then break into a million a pieces, and he knew that his personal battle was over.

Zulas: HP 70/80; Energy 0/8

Dark Elf Fighter: HP 0/12 DMG 9 (Bleed -12HP)

Edited by Zulas

Raze stood fast in his conflict, sword at the ready and eyes focused. A paradoxical quantity of arrows, bore out of his thick metal hide making him look like some kind of exotic metal hedgehog. A thud and another arrow, this time piercing through his knee, completely impaled and sending the arrowhead out the back of his leg. Their was no flinch, no waver, not so much as a twitch of recognition for the seemingly crippling injury to his previously already maimed limb. He stood with his back to Zulas, hiding the slowly darkening eye color and the quickly growing devilish grin. Blood dripped from his mouth, biting into his tongue with clenched teeth. He advances slowly forward, aggressively walking with tight fists gripped onto his implement of war, his muscles tensing up in anticipation of his next moves.

ID# 69223 results:

Battle: 10(base 3 + 2 crit)5 total

Craft: 4

Loot: 6

MOB: 8(base 9 - 3 mitigation)6 total

The cloud of arrows never slowed, remaining constant in its threat of continuous damage, Raze walked through another barrage as more embedded themselves into him: but the last one he casually caught with his left hand, snatching out of its trajectory. Snapping it with his fingers, Raze taunted, "Now you're mine." There was a sudden blur and then a resounding cracking sound as a dark elf hit a tree. It stumbled to its feet, checking the wound blossoming from its chest. Raze calmly walked towards his foe, sword to one side, red ichor slowly leaking from its tip. "I hate it when my prey dies quickly, so live a little longer will you?" At this point it was impossible to tell if Raze had been consumed by some otherworldly demon. The fires of Hell burned in his eyes, his hatred was known. Whatever was in control of Raze now was pissed, and wanted this Archer to know it.

Raze: 34/60 HP

Dark Elf Archer: 7/12 HP (base 9 damage)

Edited by Raze
Roll