{PP-F1} Potential for Power -JovianPirate and Myself-

Domarus was once again wandering the streets of the first floor town.  By now most of the players who sheltered here, too afraid to exit the safe zone even once, had learned his name.  They knew him as their knight in shining armor.  Domarus was seeking out any shady figures now and making sure they left other players alone.  He was talking with others and playing with the children, making sure they didn't get lost or anything.  And you know what?  Domarus was sick of it.  He hated playing all nice like this but it was crucial and very much essential to his plans and goals.  He needed the best reputation he could get his hands on.  However when his armor was finally done and he climbed a few more levels he'd be able to move up a few more floors.  With that he would begin his powerleveling and saving up as much col as he could.  His goal, one hundred and fifty to purchase a rumor, was so far away.  And yet.  When he gained his armor he would become a temporary merc until the time for the purchase came.  If he gained a unique then he would be nigh unstoppable.  If he failed to do so...  Well, he would need followers more than ever to keep other front liners or assassin's off his back.  It would be harder to provide protection to those under him but it wasn't like he couldn't do it.  And if the carrier of a unique was killed by a monster he could go after it and claim it for his own.  The only other way besides those two options would be to kill a unique holder but he couldn't risk getting a red cursor.  Besides, he'd rather avoid that at all costs.  Domarus may be cruel and relentless, but he was no murderer.  As he passed a group of people he waved at them with a smile.  Soon his daily get along with these pitiful weaklings would be over and he'd head back to his shop where Keres had no doubt prepared a meal for him.  Nobody besides Alisa, a target of Domarus, had come to his shop for anything and it was frustrating.  Alisa didn't want any buffed item, but had come for a tattoo.  It was useful for him of course and tattoos were something he specialized in.  He could even take one off for a price.  But he needed more customers.

@JovianPirate

Edited by Domarus

Jovian walked down the cobbled street. He was broke and had nothing to eat. He had sworn to himself in the first month that he wouldn't beg and deprive others of resources. Everyone else seemed... unrealistic. Sure, clearing the game was his first priority but all these people wanted to do the impossible. They were on about clearing the game in months, at most a year. Deep down, however,he knew it'd take at least 2 or 3. Kayaba wouldn't make this easy on them, he knew it. Floor 1 killed 2, Who knows what the 100th entails? He waltzed into the shop closest to him and wondered what was there. He'd only browse for now. 

OOC- Note:  The staff are picky about the rule where all posts need to be one hundred and fifty words long minimum.

Domarus wandered around the streets for a while before he spotted a player he had never seen before.  The man had blue eyes and black hair but besides this and his height, both of which seemed common generics, the player had nothing to set him aside from others.  The way he held himself was strong enough but it was clear he was hungry.  His outfit was your typical starter outfit, with no info on his personality at all.  His weapon wasn't equipped which was understandable as this was a safe zone.  The player seemed to be withdrawn somewhat as well, ignoring the ridiculous, pitiful players around him.  Excellent.  If this player proved special, strong, and...  If he had the other traits that proved useful, Domarus could use him as a follower.  With his influence and his strength the player could rise to a higher area and...  Well not only would he owe Domarus a debt but he could be influenced over time as well.  He walked up to the player, walking in stride beside him.

"Hey there!  I don't believe we met before.  My name's Domarus!"  He raised his hand to shake the other player's own and wore a smile on his face, his eyes showing off happiness and relaxation.  He was interested to see how this player would respond to such a happy player seeking to meet new people.  And the dragon bone armor from the quest as well as the giant two handed black battle ax that pulsed a dark red glow from the blade hanging on his back would be clear enough that he wasn't some scared player who sat in the safe zones.  He was a player who had been out there and had some experience.

"You alright?  You look a bit hungry."  And with that invite he would see if this player was reluctant or ready to accept help.  None of this mattered of course, this player would probably end up a follower of Domarus somewhere along the line and he liked to start early.

@JovianPirate

"Yeah, I am actually." Was I too rude there?  "Excuse me, Domarus, was it?, My name is Jovian Pirate. Jovian or Jove for short.  I've been solo these 3 months."  I think that was enough about me.

"Anyway, you're offering me food. I'm sorry for being so blunt about this, but you're planning something, aren't you?" I say, half rhetorically. "If you want to assimilate me in to your guild the answers no. If you want help with something then I'll need Col. If you want to employ me or something, I'm interested." I was honest enough. I mean I'm broke and weak. I need Col. This Domarus seems experianced, judging by that big sword. It glowed a dim harsh red. This guy meant business. He was the type to have The Reds do his dirty work for him. He seems physically and mentally strong. His morals could still be questioned. The air in the immedate vicinity was quite stale. It seemed to be one that could only barely hold itself together. It clearly didn't get that many friends. I guess he may want some help with that?

The general area of Floor 1 seemed great for someone like him. He seems to be after one thing or another and 60 odd percent live down here, so there's plenty of people to recruit. Perhaps I'm over analysing this, he's only giving me, or at least offering me food. No one does that. Not that I know of.

Spoiler

Edited by JovianPirate

Domarus listened as he mentioned that he was hungry.  Ok, so he admitted it immediately rather than try playing the tough guy act and try sucking it up.  Good.  Then he gave out the most minimum information about himself that he could give.  Domarus was liking this player more and more.  And then he accused Domarus of planning or wanting something from him.  Suspicious, expecting deceit.  That would prove useful, however it would not work against Domarus.  He was a master of deceit and manipulation.  This player would not be suspicious of him for long.  When the player mentioned employing him Domarus let loose a chuckle.

"A mercenary eh?  Well if you want to go that route too I'd suggest working on your level and equipment first.  You want to make sure you can handle whatever is sent your way.  Here, we can talk about it over a meal."  Domarus knew much of the town by now and gestured for the player to follow him.  There was a restaurant that served food of multiple cultures and was fairly good quality.  It mainly served sandwiches and burgers but Domarus didn't go there because the food was decent.  He went there because it was cheap.  Normally he didn't worry about this sort of stuff but with needing col to get a unique he needed to spare what col he could.  However he was wondering if this player was going to be a good investment.  Whether he became a follower or not, he needed to get this player to have some sort of relationship with Domarus, a bond of friendship.  Unless he agreed with Domarus' goals and schemes however, it would be a false friendship, just a way for Domarus to influence the player easier.

"So you've been on your own for three months?  That's pretty rough man.  Maybe I could help you get a friend or two?"  As he finished talking they arrived at the place.  It was simple but decorated enough to be seen as not bland.

@JovianPirate

“Hmmm. A friend or two huh? I mean I’ve been going solo for a while.” I explained as they walked further into the restaurant. Domarus and I sat down at a table.

“Thank you, for the meal. “ I thanked him. Some people are just generally nice. “You seem like what the Aincrad Liberation Army was meant to be. They kind went down the toilet huh.” This person did genuinely seem to be a good guy. The game apparently had these people. I will need to become this guys…. Ally. Yes, ally seemed a good word to describe what they could become. “ Yeah, so I’m not so much a mercenary as I am a hobo “ I chuckle at my own joke but Domarus seems to be confused.

“I’m a rank 1 rapier user. I’m not really equipped to be handling monsters. Yet, anyway. My overall goal is to become a smithy and create some weapons for myself and to sell.” I say. Domarus seemed an interesting character, as he was listening intently. This would prove good.

Domarus smiled as the man thanked him for the meal and Domarus told him not to sweat it.  After all he thought to himself, he was only doing it for information and to see if he could be a potential follower.  He listened to Jovian talk about the liberation army.  Domarus wanted to scoff but that would ruin the image so instead he nodded sadly.

"Yes.  They only seek to progress through the game whilst improving their power and not sharing it.  In other words, they're acting like this isn't a death game.  That's what most people would do if it was a normal video game after all.  They don't exactly look after lower level players now do they?"  Domarus stopped there as going any further would reveal his intentions and the beginning was the absolute worst place to reveal things.  The player went on to talk about how he wasn't a mercenary more as a hobo and Domarus put up a confused face whilst thinking to himself if this player really was going to be any help at all.  When the player explained Domarus knew that this player would probably end up becoming a DPS besides a blacksmith, if he actually fought monsters.  However he seemed to be aiming for a more supportive build, not related to combat whatsoever, but rather collecting materials, col and crafting items to give to others.  The more he thought about it, the more he realized that this player would make for an excellent follower.  If he was willing to help Domarus out with multiple things, as well as lend him some col when the time came for the unique skill, then Domarus could focus more on combat than anything else.  Supporters were very important he knew, but he still needed fighters to help him keep those beneath him protected.  People who are ruled need to be happy else they revolt.  If he has a happy population, a small army of loyal followers, and is an excellent help to the front lines, there would be nothing the front liners could do to stop him without appearing to be the villains.  It was the perfect plan.  Of course, this was pretty much the fifth time he was pulling this scheme off.  The waitress walked over to take their order and Domarus gestured for Jovian to go first.

@JovianPirate

Edited by Domarus

"Thanks, uhm. I'll have some fries and a boar burger, please." I said, a friendly smile on my face. The waitress was a NPC, a good looking one at that. Kayaba really planned out this game, and Argus delivered. Though all they delivered was a game of death. We’d get through it.  The game had only just begun. People will continue to die until the end. I wonder if every single person will die? Anyway, that’s in the future. I re-iterated what h had said about the ALA. He didn’t like them, obviously, but he spoke the truth. They were saints in the first month or so, but now…  they’re power hungry morons. I’m sure internally their motives are unchanged.  Or at least I hope. I believe firmly that the person who created that damn guild has saved their motives and their probably.. hopefully true to themselves still. Now, what’s Dom gonna order? Seems like the guy to order…..

Domarus cocked an eyebrow at the player as he had never heard anyone order that before.  Yet he was certain that this might be normal for him and didn't push it any further.  He turned to the npc and ordered a large deluxe burger with hash browns as a side, and a soda.  The woman bowed to them and walked away.  Domarus turned to the player.

"So you want to be a supportive player?  Or were you aiming for a dps?  Either way I wish you luck with becoming a blacksmith.  There will be a lot of competition out there.  However if you are willing to spread news of my shop, I'll spread word of yours.  I'm an Artisan and my shop is actually on this floor so any player can reach it.  Well.  Any player who's actually brave enough to leave the town.  Anyone who stays in the town has no col and therefore it isn't worth it.  With my shop outside the town, pkers can buy something as well which I need.  I'm trying to collect as much col as I can and it isn't easy."  This player wouldn't last long with what he had at the moment.  The lowest gear and stats, no friends, and choosing a common enough profession.  This player wasn't going to make it at all without Domarus.  And if Domarus helped him, then this player would most likely want to help in return.  Yes, he would become his follower soon enough.  There was no doubt of that.  However he needed to prove to Domarus that he had the strength, resolve and will to rise.  Anyone without that was rendered useless to him.  However, as he thought of it he decided that Esther was an exception.  Possibly the only exception.  Other than Esther, weaklings could only be used as servants.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Keres had voluntarily became his servant in the real world due to interesting reasons.  She was an excellent one however, and very obedient.

@JovianPirate

I thought for a second. "Yeah,  I want to be able to get up on the frontlines soon. But I'm not an idiot. I know there'll be work involved. Not to sound offensive, well, it's gonna isn't it? But I got more a sense of this world than most guilds. I'm weak, and I know it. That makes me stronger than most anyway. Metaphorically, of course. You could mop the floor with me." I said. Well, that was a mouthful. "Besides, I know what you mean. Most players don't leave. They're idiots. I wished they'd realise that if they don't contribute they'll be here longer." I say, I decide to let go of my feelings. This guy was a great aquaintance. I smirked. "I'd be happy to share word of your shop, sir Artisan." Then our order arrives and we both thank the waitress. "Bon appetit!" I say to myself and I dig in. "I haven't had food like this in like a week!" I say with my mouth full.

Domarus listened to the player confess to how it would be hard to get to the frontlines.  He then bragged about knowing about this world more than most guilds, causing Domarus to raise an eyebrow.  Awful arrogant of this new player to talk about it.  Or was it experience from previous video games?  If that was so, then he wasn't alone in this, and would learn that pretty soon.  He stared at the player and couldn't help but wonder if he was one of the players from other MMORPG's that Domarus had pulled into his in game empire, or one of the many enemies.  Domarus had done this with three MMO's total so there was a decent chance of that happening.  If the player hated it then he wouldn't bring it up as he didn't want friction this early.  Then the food was placed down and Jovian mentioned how he hadn't eaten food this good in a week.  Domarus wondered if he was one of the many players who begged, or if he had managed to scrape across some decent col one way or another.  Domarus grinned and began to eat himself.  The food was decent he thought, but to a player who hadn't eaten in a while it was heavenly.

"You know more than the guilds eh?  Do tell me what you know about this world and the mechanics.  I'm eager to hear what you've learned."  Domarus was interested whether or not this player would back up his prideful statement or try to humble himself immediately.  Domarus of course knew about the basics when he entered but not more than that.  However that didn't stop him from beginning his campaign and start swaying others to his friendly side.  This town was all but his at this point.  And this was just the start.  One hundred floors to conquer, millions of players to discover.  He could never manipulate them all, but he would have enough to not only make him invincible, but also enough to allow him to live a life in luxury.

@JovianPirate