[PP-F10] To Darkness I Return (RGQ) Beatbox

"The way I see it, you can throw blame any which way you like," Arc replied, "but in the end, that won't change anything. You can dwell on things, or you can work toward effecting an actual change. Whether that's in yourself or someone else, it doesn't really matter."

He turned back toward their original direction, and in the distance he made out the vague beginnings of a dim light. "I think I see something," he told Beatbox. "Stay alert, I can hear movement nearby, too."

The subtle sounds of howling and chattering became more prominent as the light was made more substantial. A low flame, it still did its work of giving them something to go off of. The light filtered down onto a body of water, and once they got close enough, other flames began to ignite along the shoreline. "Because that's not ominous," he muttered.

"Whatever happens," Arc told the other man, "we'll make sure you get back to your friend," he managed a smile. "And I'll find my way back to Miss Birdie, like I promised."

As they walked along the river, he pointed out into the distance. "Can you see it?" he asked. "The mouth of Tartarus?"

Without a second thought, Beatbox spoke up after Arc "I know I shouldn't dwell on things Arc, but I want answers to why it happened, and if I have to go and complete this entire game with the front liners I will do it. I just want this game to be over with, I grow tired of this and i'm tired of blaming myself for disappearances." he said as he followed Arc into the darkness towards their original direction. Beatbox listened to Arc speak and he looked up with a disappointed look and almost an angered one, he pulled out his sword and looked around... he didn't see anything. "What are you talking about Arc? I don't see anything. Its pitch f***ing black here, I can't see a d**n thing." he listened to Arc speak about returning to my friend... he assumed that he was talking about Alisa. But something caught Beatbox off guard, he said he'd return to Birdie. He stopped to think about it for a moment, then he turned around with a surprised look. "Wait a minute, YOU LIKE BIRDIE?" he said then with a laugh. Then he tried to look across the lake and of course he couldn't see anything, Beatbox shook his head in response.

"U-uh," Arc turned to glance at Beatbox, now illuminated by the strange, weakly burning braziers that lined the river. They went on for almost a mile,  toward a darkness far deeper than the floor itself. Tartarus was an imposing sight; if there were a room deprived of all color, sound, and feeling, that place might be descriptive of the pure blackness of the sight. Even against the new lighting, it seemed to swallow the flames whole. "You know her?" he asked. "Why is that so funny?"

Arc twitched a bit before he turned to inspect the scenery, and he found that he was not without justification in his dislike of the hellscape. "You can even see some of the mobs, now," he mentioned quietly, though he wished it were not the case. Corpses relieved of flesh and blood wandered the barren wastes unchecked, their low moans creaking from gutted chest cavities. Hounds that were woven of sundered limbs and rotten flesh growled their low warnings as the two players wandered under the protection of torchlight. Arc felt his jaw stiffen a bit.

He didn't bother mentioning that the game wasn't quite as repetitive as either man hoped.

He looked back again as he laughed some more "Of course I know her! I went on a couple of quests with her! You two would be totally perfect!" he giggled as he patted Arc's back. Beatbox looked around to the many mob's in which Arc could speak of in this area... and let alone Beatbox saw it and his jaw immediately dropped and he felt scared. This was a hell-ish landscape and Beatbox wanted to be the first out of here. Beatbox slowly turned to Arc in fear and said "I-I think I don't want to do this q-quest anymore..." he said shuddering. "O-on second thought we will get good EXP for this... b-but I really don't want to fight those monstrosities... " he said as he unsheathed his sword. He had prepared a sword art just in case they would get into combat within' the next few moments... it never hurts to be prepared.

"Totally... perfect?" he questioned the words the other man spoke, a light red color adorning his cheeks. "I-I dunno about all that," he muttered as his eyes swept across the floor. No sooner had he iterated as much, Beatbox began to show reticence about their current quest. Arc felt the color return to his face as he put on his most bold expression. "No need to worry," he told the other man. "We'll be fine as long as we stick to the path. No running out and tagging mobs, and they won't aggro. At least, they shouldn't."

He glanced out at the murky water and pursed his lips. "Yeah, they shouldn't." Arc scrolled through his items to assure everything was ready, just in case. "Don't worry about trying to fight them. It'll turn out bad for both of us if you give them a reason to leave their designated aggressive area."

So long as they didn't pull the creatures, they wouldn't be forced to fight any uphill battles.

"We're only a few minutes out of Tartarus. Let's make our way inside, Beat."

"Yeah! At least I think so! A man who fulfills bounties and don't care for much emotions plus someone who's emotionally open and rather shy. Its a perfect combo at least to me!" he said with a smile and a giggle. He looked forward some more and he noticed that if they just stuck together and moving forward just like Arc said... they should be theoretically fine... "Well, I guess that we'll be fine... we just have to stick together and not lose each other at any time... we wouldn't want one to get lost." he said with a little bit of concern. "Yeah... we really shouldn't be fighting any mob's on this floor at all, the last thing that I want to do today is find myself dead..." he said after hearing his words carefully. He didn't like this floor at all, especially the area that he around... the monsters here looked sinister and terrifying. However, this was a quest and at the end of it... it'll lead to huge EXP, and he needed to level. He nodded his head and followed behind Arc into Tartarus.